Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Reminder that as terrible as Ted Cruz is, he was elected to the Senate because everyone in Texas disliked David Dewhurst even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4FQAov2xI

If this stupid fucker runs for president the US is well and truly hosed. (ahahaha as if it wasn't already)

Ahahahaha he looks like someone out of loving Doonesbury.

This is the most perfect characterization of this man I have ever seen

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

go3 posted:

Reminder that as terrible as Ted Cruz is, he was elected to the Senate because everyone in Texas disliked David Dewhurst even more.

That isn't much an insult to David Dewhurst since the average American, Texan or not, is a loving idiot and only votes one way or another based on dumb gently caress ideas.

There was an article about Obama where he was talking about the NCAA and paying college athletes. You want college athletes to get paid and you want republicans to back you? Just get Obama to say they shouldn't. It's hilarious how people don't give a gently caress about anything with legitimacy, and they vote for things based on who the gently caress our President is, and they vote based on that alone.

You want all of those lovely Tumblr SJWs to get their way? Let Obama come out and start talking about safe space and how we should treat foxkins as legitimate people.

This country is loving retarded. Everyone that runs is generally a loving idiot, and everyone that votes is generally a loving idiot. The two party system has destroyed politics because it's now nothing more than loving over the other guy and getting your way and making sure no one else gets their way, no matter what the other party wants.

People's politics these days are shaped by poo poo that is posted on Facebook. And 90% of the poo poo posted on Facebook, whether it is conservative or liberal, isn't true, but people believe it. Find an outlet with a few hundred daily readers and submit a story about how [politician] hosed a goat on his trip to Guatemala and how he punched a baby during the Civil War and title it "[Politician] has sex with animals and punches babies" and people won't get past the headline before it is shared 4000 times and everyone believes it.

Just go read the comments on Duffle Blog facebook posts. Obvious satire that people believe.

Cole fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 22, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
No, republicans are bad and democrats are good.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

they are both loving idiots to an infuriating level

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

they are both loving idiots to an infuriating level

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
a good veins post?!

:vince:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

a good veins post?!

:vince:

lol on multiple levels

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

No republicans are bad and democrats are good.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Democrats are milquetoast shitheads made tolerable by the complete bought-out fuckery of the GOP.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kill the poor tho

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

Kill the poor tho

As long as somebody's dying.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I miss the left wing. Remember those guys?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WarpedNaba posted:

I miss the left wing. Remember those guys?

They were snappy dressers. Hugo Boss was a good choice.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

Ahahahaha he looks like someone out of loving Doonesbury.

holy poo poo yes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

holy poo poo yes

I just realized it while watching that video and looking at the Sunday paper sitting on my desk, it looks like he had his eyes mushed down at the corners and he has a bigass nose just like every character in that comic strip.

I'll never unsee it, Sen. Ted Doonesbury.

E: of course he is a bizarro conservative whacko Doonesbury though.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 23, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They were snappy dressers. Hugo Boss was a good choice.

I'm OK with a fascist regime as long as we get cool uniforms.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
^^^

At lease Democrats think life has some value. Also holy poo poo Cole, stop saying things I agree with. It's weird.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
As batshit insane as the rabid far-right voting base has become I'm fairly sure all you'd have do to get a presidential bid from Raphael Edward Cruz to fail is point out his real name, Hispanic heritage and former Canadian citizenship. The pack of wolves he's courting for votes would do the rest.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

As batshit insane as the rabid far-right voting base has become I'm fairly sure all you'd have do to get a presidential bid from Raphael Edward Cruz to fail is point out his real name, Hispanic heritage and former Canadian citizenship. The pack of wolves he's courting for votes would do the rest.

E: actually there is nothing technically disqualifying there. He's crazy enough that no matter what you brought against him, his crazy following would keep right on going. His mom was born in the US, so he is a natural-born US citizen, and he's got enough dumbass fans in that group that being a cuban-american wouldn't shoot him in the rear end.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Mar 23, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

orange juche posted:

E: actually there is nothing technically disqualifying there. He's crazy enough that no matter what you brought against him, his crazy following would keep right on going. His mom was born in the US, so he is a natural-born US citizen, and he's got enough dumbass fans in that group that being a cuban-american wouldn't shoot him in the rear end.

There's no approach to birtherism that disqualifies Obama but leaves Cruz eligible, and the hypocrisy will be hilarious as always.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's no approach to birtherism that disqualifies Obama but leaves Cruz eligible, and the hypocrisy will be hilarious as always.

Thats the rub though, nutters will be nutters. There is no way that birthers will give Cruz poo poo because he is their savior from Obummer.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Obama's black.

And has a funny name.

And is a Democrat.

Something tells me Cruz's heritage will be politely ignored.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 23, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

orange juche posted:

Thats the rub though, nutters will be nutters. There is no way that birthers will give Cruz poo poo because he is their savior from Obummer.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Obama's black.

And has a funny name.

And is a Democrat.

Well yeah, that's the point. And while nutters will be nutters, there were columnists and pundits with a veneer or at least pretense of respectability going after Obama's eligibility with their readings of the law as it concerns natural born citizens, photoshop analysis of his birth certificate, and other such nonsense that they tried to couch in logical and legal terms. At the very least there was a lot of "well, I'm not going to say I don't believe he was born here, but I would like to see a birth certificate" which implies that if his birth certificate said he was born in Indonesia or Kenya or whatever to an American mother, that would disqualify him.

Now, as luck would have it, all of these same people are being put in a position where Cruz is the most palatable candidate for them - someone who was verifiably born in a foreign country. Either they walk back their earlier statements when called out on it or (more likely in their own bubble) just ignore that lack of consistency, but the rest of us are going to get to see directly contradictory statements side by side and chuckle a little at the rank hypocrisy that is political discourse.

e: Trump has already gotten in on the action, for what it's worth. The long knives coming out is an even better outcome.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 23, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Well yeah, that's the point. And while nutters will be nutters, there were columnists and pundits with a veneer or at least pretense of respectability going after Obama's eligibility with their readings of the law as it concerns natural born citizens, photoshop analysis of his birth certificate, and other such nonsense that they tried to couch in logical and legal terms. At the very least there was a lot of "well, I'm not going to say I don't believe he was born here, but I would like to see a birth certificate" which implies that if his birth certificate said he was born in Indonesia or Kenya or whatever to an American mother, that would disqualify him.

Now, as luck would have it, all of these same people are being put in a position where Cruz is the most palatable candidate for them - someone who was verifiably born in a foreign country. Either they walk back their earlier statements when called out on it or (more likely in their own bubble) just ignore that lack of consistency, but the rest of us are going to get to see directly contradictory statements side by side and chuckle a little at the rank hypocrisy that is political discourse.

e: Trump has already gotten in on the action, for what it's worth. The long knives coming out is an even better outcome.

Being born in a foreign country doesn't disqualify you, you just have to have 1 American parent (no matter where you are born, you could be born in loving Iran and you would be fine as far as the constitutional requirement goes) in order to be eligible. So even if Obama was born in Kenya or whatever other bullshit that people trotted out, he would be eligible by virtue of having an American parent.

I hope they loving slice and dice him and end his political career, because he is a super annoying fuckwit idiot.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

I hope they loving slice and dice him and end his political career, because he is a super annoying fuckwit idiot.

Don't worry, he'll likely do that part all on his own.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Handsome Ralph posted:

Don't worry, he'll likely do that part all on his own.

What's your point? George Bush sliced and diced himself for eight years but people would totally vote for him if he was the republican nominee. I maintain that the greatest part of Obama's legacy is how popular George Bush has become since he left office.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cole posted:

What's your point? George Bush sliced and diced himself for eight years but people would totally vote for him if he was the republican nominee. I maintain that the greatest part of Obama's legacy is how popular George Bush has become since he left office.

There's George W. Bush levels of retarded and then there's Ted Cruz's brand.

While it wouldn't shock me all that much if the voting populace of this country was retarded enough to elect another Bush into office, I think it's highly unlikely a sizable portion of that same electorate would vote Cruz into that office let alone see him named as the GOP nominee.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Every time "George Bush is retarded" gets said, I think back to that video where some actual doctor said he has pre-senile dementia.

No. I don't actually think its true, but its fun to link.

Regardless. I really don't care who is running on either ticket. Because Im voting for the NAZI party this time around. Slightly better policies, slightly less racism than the Tea Party and has an equal chance of actually being elected.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Big red is going to win 2016, it's just a question of what flavor of crazy you want.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm waiting for Cruz to proudly, seriously, state his eagerness to beat Obama in 2016.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Big red is going to win 2016, it's just a question of what flavor of crazy you want.

Can we get some right leaning towards center crazy? Or at least crazy that's predictable?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Can we get some right leaning towards center crazy? Or at least crazy that's predictable?

Either way, I hope all of you are looking forward to fighting in Iran.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Either way, I hope all of you are looking forward to fighting in Iran.

IRR is done June of next year. Wait until after that and I give zero fucks about things I can't change anyway.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am looking forward to greatly expanded business opportunities that come with big red controlling both houses and the presidency.

Lemonade out of lemons. Vaguely racist, hypocritical lemons. But at least they won't cut my sector.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

biden is gonna reveal his final form and lead us to universal victory against sobriety

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

biden is gonna reveal his final form and lead us to universal victory against sobriety

A hollow victory. If I start drinking again we're gonna run out of booze in like a week.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A hollow victory. If I start drinking again we're gonna run out of booze in like a week.

The Miracle of Biden is that just when you think the food & drinks will run out, there's suddenly enough whiskey and chicken wings for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Miracle of Biden is that just when you think the food & drinks will run out, there's suddenly enough whiskey and chicken wings for everyone.

partying with biden is basically the delaware cersion of the wedding at canaan

• Locked thread