Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Build more bridges, then. Over the roads. Make all highways triple deckers. Problem solved :colbert:

Just cover Sydney's entirety over with elevated highways. :downs:

I'm a fixer. I fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What does this morning's eye rolling mean in terms of leadership speculation? Anyone care to read the tea leaves?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Magog posted:

Just cover Sydney's entirety over with elevated highways. :downs:

I'm a fixer. I fixed it.

The extra noise and pollution would also drive down Sydney's house prices as a result, it's basically win/win

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

cpaf posted:

The extra noise and pollution would also drive down Sydney's house prices as a result, it's basically win/win

The added pollution would also likely kill a large amount of people so that's a win, too

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

my stepdads beer posted:

Labor came around on the weekend and tore down all the Greens posters in my area. They left the weirdo 'no land tax' posters though??
I don't see how that is legal. Should have photographed them and called the cops.

I have to say that thus far I am very disappointed in the Greens efforts in Macquarie Park. The only contact thus far is a leaflet left in my letterbox a couple of weeks ago (To be fair, it wasn't a terrible leaflet, but still). It is, in fact, the first marketing material I recall seeing from the Greens outside of a polling booth since I moved back to Australia a decade ago.

Why do the Greens hate Ryde? I mean, besides all the other good reasons to hate it. We have Echidnas, Possums, Fruit bats, and as of at least a week ago, a Powerful Owl (The hooting... the hooting!). All these things should spur greater investment by the Greens, but instead we are ignored and left to the tender mercies of the Liberals.

It is such a shame.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
:siren: NUT MILK :siren:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-23/nut-industries-non-dairy-milk-market-share/6336684#.VQ-il3b4Xqk.facebook

quote:

Nut milk is mainly water

And with water making up more than 90 per cent of most nut milk drinks, there are concerns about whether consumers are getting what they are paying for.

So what? I'm pretty sure everything that you can actually drink is going to be 80 or 90% water, or else it would be a smoothie or some kind of paste. Cow's milk, soy milk, even beer would all be about 90% water, right?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Cow milk is about 90% water. Just look at this extremely reputable source. http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/150422/11_Milk_Mysteries_Revealed_Like

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

Pickled Tink posted:

I don't see how that is legal. Should have photographed them and called the cops.

I have to say that thus far I am very disappointed in the Greens efforts in Macquarie Park. The only contact thus far is a leaflet left in my letterbox a couple of weeks ago (To be fair, it wasn't a terrible leaflet, but still). It is, in fact, the first marketing material I recall seeing from the Greens outside of a polling booth since I moved back to Australia a decade ago.

Why do the Greens hate Ryde? I mean, besides all the other good reasons to hate it. We have Echidnas, Possums, Fruit bats, and as of at least a week ago, a Powerful Owl (The hooting... the hooting!). All these things should spur greater investment by the Greens, but instead we are ignored and left to the tender mercies of the Liberals.

It is such a shame.

Are you a Green living in Macquarie park? They might not have enough volunteers and members in the area. From what I've seen and heard it's all very grassroots which is why they can do so much in the inner west - there are loads of greens and volunteers.

I don't think they have anywhere near the resources of the major parties because of donation policy and ideals so they are very dependant on local groups. I'm very new so I could be talking out of my rear end. I'm sure QM has talked about this before.

Where were labor tearing down posters? That is really scummy and should be filmed and documented.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've got your nut milk right here. Oh wait it's just soy.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

open24hours posted:

Cow milk is about 90% water. Just look at this extremely reputable source. http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/150422/11_Milk_Mysteries_Revealed_Like

Here's another one: http://www.ilri.org/InfoServ/Webpub/fulldocs/ilca_manual4/Milkchemistry.htm

But yeah, pointing out milk and other drinks are 90% is just stupid. You'd find the same of many drinks. FLUID WE CAN DRINK IS MOSTLY WATER, PEOPLE ARE SHOCKED!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

my nut milk hangs low in the wind.

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

Here's another one: http://www.ilri.org/InfoServ/Webpub/fulldocs/ilca_manual4/Milkchemistry.htm

But yeah, pointing out milk and other drinks are 90% is just stupid. You'd find the same of many drinks. FLUID WE CAN DRINK IS MOSTLY WATER, PEOPLE ARE SHOCKED!

It just goes to show the superiority of malt liquor.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
And now for your First Dog:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is there anywhere I can see the polls per electorate? I want to see what % the greens are polling at in my area.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

CrazyTolradi posted:

Healthy urine is >90% water too.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

tomkash posted:

Where were labor tearing down posters? That is really scummy and should be filmed and documented.

Annandale - there were a huge amount of Greens posters and over the weekend they vanished and were replaced by Labor ones.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Why does first dog even bother with the loving art, Christ.

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

Mr Chips posted:

Healthy urine is >90% water too.

Quoting for Craig

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

Too long did not read.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jibs Monteef posted:

Quoting for Craig
As if I needed telling.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Pickled Tink posted:

That's extraordinarily poo poo even by FDOTM's low standard.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Pickled Tink posted:

Take a good opinion, reduce the quality and tenor of the argument by five, add in stupid Twitter memes, have it all said by penguins and poo poo, and voila, you too could be a revered CiF "cartoonist"!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Did someone say nuts?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Want to try hemp milk

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Want to try hemp milk
My gods - it exists!

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Laserface posted:

Why does first dog even bother

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Didnt first dog used to be better or at least more succinct?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That's not a Penguin, that's ewe with a happy face, screaming for death.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-23/coal-mines-have-buckleys-chance-as-china-cuts-consumption/6341996

Something something coal something something future....

Although I guess this means that local coal prices will fall pretty hard, making it next to impossible to break our economy's dependence on it. If only we had some sort of policy framework to encourage de-carbonisation and development of replacement infrastructure.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

tomkash posted:

Are you a Green living in Macquarie park? They might not have enough volunteers and members in the area. From what I've seen and heard it's all very grassroots which is why they can do so much in the inner west - there are loads of greens and volunteers.

I don't think they have anywhere near the resources of the major parties because of donation policy and ideals so they are very dependant on local groups. I'm very new so I could be talking out of my rear end. I'm sure QM has talked about this before.

It's the weakest point I think, they really need strategy to get more action in more suburbs - even getting people active in Summer Hill is depleted because of the effort for Newtown. So Macquarie Park? It's the weak point of the local grassroots model IMO, not sure if efforts have been made in the past to overcome it.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

Because without it he'd be criticised as a writer.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Mad Katter posted:

So what? I'm pretty sure everything that you can actually drink is going to be 80 or 90% water, or else it would be a smoothie or some kind of paste. Cow's milk, soy milk, even beer would all be about 90% water, right?

Pretty sure Hobart's tap water is the only beverage in Australia that is less than 90% water

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Laserface posted:

Hey those Walkley awards aren't going to jump out of the cereal box all by themselves!

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

cpaf posted:

Pretty sure Hobart's tap water is the only beverage in Australia that is less than 90% water

Yes, our beautiful fresh mountain water sure is awful :colbert:

edit: aside from that time it was, y'know, full of algae

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Can someone explain to me what Labor's strategy in the NSW election is? Have they just given up? I've been in bed sick most of the weekend and watching a lot of TV. My estimate is there's maybe 1 Labor ad for every 3 Liberal ones.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
My takeaways from bairdback's election ad:
- not a sale! It's a lease! But just like a sale we get all the cash up front, unlike a lease.
- the money well go to hospitals, schools, rail and roads. Traditionally the only things the liberals fund is roads so expect the money to go to roads.
- selling income generating assets for a short term gain is good don't be silly and not vote for me

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Can someone give me a bite-sized rundown on electing people to the upper house in NSW? Preferably in terms of differences to federal, I want to make sure I'm explaining this properly to some mates asking me.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The "No Land Tax" posters are labor?

gently caress me, they could make it a little more apparent. Same goes for the slightly less subtle "teach them both a lesson" posters.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Isn't there an argument to be made that privatising the electricity network is a good idea because it's a depreciating asset that's tied to a dying industry (fossil fuels), and that they could (won't ever) put the sales profits into renewables and other decentralised off-the-grid power sources?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Isn't there an argument to be made that privatising the electricity network is a good idea because it's a depreciating asset that's tied to a dying industry (fossil fuels), and that they could (won't ever) put the sales profits into renewables and other decentralised off-the-grid power sources?
When they first started selling off coal fired power stations I thought it was clever that the State government was getting out of a dying industry but privatise actually means subsidise your mates in the business de jure and gently caress the punter till they bleed. In theory a bunch of seemingly good things turn out to be really nasty bad stuff in practice.

• Locked thread