Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I saw rear end in a top hat Bicycle's car at the Daytona Turkey run once, and bought an old Buick steering wheel from Lobsterboy. Those are the closest encounters I've had with goons so far.

I'd totally hang out with any goons who want to in the Orlando area though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ExplodingSims posted:

I saw rear end in a top hat Bicycle's car at the Daytona Turkey run once, and bought an old Buick steering wheel from Lobsterboy. Those are the closest encounters I've had with goons so far.

I'd totally hang out with any goons who want to in the Orlando area though. :v:

I would if I ever had any loving money to do fun poo poo. :v:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

iwentdoodie posted:

Figures these stopped before I moved here.

I get it.

:(

Because everyone else moved north, I think Krakkles and redscare are the only ones still living there. Handfull of people moved to the bay area, I moved to Vancouver, Jamal moved to Montana.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

My friend from high school bought me an account for Christmas one year. Does that count as meeting a goon IRL?

He found another goon who went to the same college as us and I've hung out with him on and off for years.

I'm sure I work with some goons since I'm in IT but I haven't met them yet. Plenty of redditors though.

whenever I casually mention that I prefer SA over reddit people are either "wtf is that" or "I used to watch the LP's but I quit posting because I am a bad poster" :shobon:

Most IT/CS dudes are neckbeard redditors unfortunately

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

D C posted:

Because everyone else moved north, I think Krakkles and redscare are the only ones still living there. Handfull of people moved to the bay area, I moved to Vancouver, Jamal moved to Montana.

Yup socal AI is mostly Norcal AI now, we need to have a proper party this summer. Carne asada tacos and Schlitz for the kids.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Hey what happened to Pham Nuwen organizing a southbay goonmeat/drive? Did I miss a thread?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Raluek posted:

Hey what happened to Pham Nuwen organizing a southbay goonmeat/drive? Did I miss a thread?

I don't think he ever did but between James Brooks and my friends and I we have done most of the AI stuff around the bay for the past year.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Das Volk posted:

I don't think he ever did but between James Brooks and my friends and I we have done most of the AI stuff around the bay for the past year.

Speaking of people named James, that reminds me: what happened to James Woods? I assume he just has real life poo poo to deal with as a result of success, and not from lack thereof.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I've met a few goons IRL, and they've all been good dudes.

Buddy from highschool bought me an account here, during our computer class in between Unreal Tournament matches. I stopped browsing until I got depressed at college and then found AI. Now I check in pretty much daily.

I tried to meet some ATL goons but no one was available (it was midweek). Ended up hanging out with some guys from tbricks and had a great time.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I've only met one goon IRL though I wasn't 100% sure he was the right guy so I didn't say anything.
I work with someone who is friends with a goon on this very subforum which was a weird small world moment.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

freelop posted:

I work with someone who is friends with a goon on this very subforum which was a weird small world moment.

The F-Type I posted up last week made a few other people realise just how small a world it is. Seems quite a few of my friends work with each other without actually realising it.

*edit:

Also this...

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 23, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mafoose posted:

I've met a few goons IRL, and they've all been good dudes.

Except just switch to AI goons and you have me. I got drawn in by Wrar, met a few goons in the USA about 10 years ago, a few others in Sydney.

AI goons have been pretty cool people in real life. And TBH, I think anoyone that has met me in real life has noted I'm quite more chill in person than I am online :)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

blk posted:

What was that great quote someone dropped in AI a while back? "Nothing says style and class like a 15 year old luxury car" or something similar? I've been thinking about it while looking at this bromobile (25 year old) E30.
On the other hand, and this is the situation with E30s now, it's great when older "premium" cars you like are past the bottom end of the curve, and are no longer the route for cheap knobheads to buy something for the image, ruining both the cars and the image. If you see an E30 now, it probably means the owner is an enthusiast rather than a ~*my BMW*~ cock-socket.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

The F-Type I posted up last week made a few other people realise just how small a world it is. Seems quite a few of my friends work with each other without actually realising it.

*edit:

Also this...

Haha thanks dude

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Whelp.

Ran into my ex on a dating website a few weeks ago. Texted for the first time in years. She texts me late last night to come blaze with her. Just called outta work.

Also, I've met a lot of NEAI goons and they are all weird as gently caress. :P

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Roommate in college introduced me to the forums and convinced me to register. I've met a few goons, mostly from AI or TFR.

Was planning on relocating my office this morning since they wanted us out by April 1st. Walk in and the office is empty, looks like they had some laborers do the moving. Looks like the someone walked away with a bunch of snacks, magazines, parts catalogs and my comfortable expensive office chair. Damnit I knew I should have just rolled my poo poo to the other office before I left for the week. What a great way to start the week :fuckoff:

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I bought a 2005 p71 with 105k miles on Thursday, and the transmission went out on Saturday. :whitewater:

Of course I feel poor right now because I just spent a bunch of money on the loving thing, and I have some big expenses coming up in the next month (Chumpcar Road America). Guuuhhhhhhhh....

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

We are all hilarious and do/build awesome poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kccmzQd1Zc

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Raluek posted:

Speaking of people named James, that reminds me: what happened to James Woods? I assume he just has real life poo poo to deal with as a result of success, and not from lack thereof.

Sorry I meant James Woods, and he's been around here and there. Maybe it's time for a bay area AI thread... If nothing else there's a lot of great cars at the c&c's here.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I lent a goon my engine-puller, did not die.

I brought it to him in my E21, and it was returned to me in an RX7.

That was cool.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Chicago AI goons: we should hit chicago around 5pm.

This poor thing is getting 24mpg at this point, probably because I've been hammer down maintaining 70 through the hills of iowa with a LOT of parts in the back.

Bug me or Fart Pipe on facebook or via PM, I am driving so preferably him as my responses may be delayed.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Whelp.

Ran into my ex on a dating website a few weeks ago. Texted for the first time in years. She texts me late last night to come blaze with her. Just called outta work.

This sounds like a bad life decision

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I don't think I've ever met a goon IRL, but I remember signing up after lurking for years because back in 08 SA wanted money to browse the forums. I was following Cornholio's thread in business, finance, and careers. His posting led me to AI, and it's been a fun ride ever since. I remember there was hella drama that year with that clydesdale mustang thread and the OP being some serious lynch-mob racist.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Bovril Delight posted:

This sounds like a bad life decision

I was about to say "pretend I posted a meme about getting the gently caress away or its a trap or something".

On the other hand I'm one of those really weird people who often stay friends with my exes.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I met mattdrinks about 7 or so years ago at an autocross and solarcoaster about a year ago at a awkward ' seattle North end' goonmeet

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Hills of Iowa?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

angryhampster posted:

Hills of Iowa?

They're of the rolling variety.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Whelp.

Speak for yourself :colbert:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So I had a pretty good weekend. Usually I'm a lazy piece of poo poo but this weekend I was feeling pretty good and got poo poo done.

Saturday: Pulled the truck out of the backyard and did truck things with it: Bought a new folding table and chairs, hauled a bed full of old poo poo to Goodwill, helped my brother move a dresser across town, and hauled some old poo poo of mine from my mom's basement to my house. I then proceeded to clean my basement and actually make it into useable space rather than junk storage.

Sunday: Did taxes and we're getting over six grand back in refunds. Unfortunately, most of it's going to pay off the debt that's accumulated over the past year, and a $500 doctor bill that I have due. Still, it's more than I was expecting, and should allow us to start saving for a new water softener and heater. Hooray adult things! Also a buddy came over and me, him and my wife all played a 6-hour game of Arkham Horror (in which my first character died in the first turn) and had chicken manhattans for dinner. I also had a fire going in the backyard for awhile.

It was 70°+ last week and today we're supposed to get 3 inches of snow. gently caress Indiana weather.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

Mainly it's because I pulled the windshield off my Midget, then found that the windshield frame was kinda hosed up in places, then decided to start prepping it for paint while I figure out the windshield.

I've found a guy with another frame to sell me, so hopefully I'll get that poo poo wrestled back together soon.

Still need to order those rubber pieces I forgot the first time around...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

angryhampster posted:

Hills of Iowa?

Hey man anything looks like a hill when your car had 73hp brand new :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slow is Fast posted:

We are all hilarious and do/build awesome poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kccmzQd1Zc

That's fuckin hilarious, who's the guy covering his face with his arm hoping not to get a face full of shrapnel?

I was so waiting for that thing to explode :v:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 213 days!)

I just came to post "If I've pissed you off, I'm sorry." I won't attempt to further explain or justify as I am not intending for it to become a discussion, or a hugbox. Keep on wrenching, all.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok now stop falling it a ferd, I dont know what that is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Second run, larger print of UrQuattro. Need to redesign the drivers side rear window, but considering this is basically a raw CAD draft, it came out pretty clean.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

Hey man anything looks like a hill when your car had 73hp brand new :v:

If these are huge... your going to dread Pennsylvania.

CommieGIR posted:

Second run, larger print of UrQuattro. Need to redesign the drivers side rear window, but considering this is basically a raw CAD draft, it came out pretty clean.

I'm in!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cross-post from the Rotary thread:
Local RX-7 group had a dyno day on Sunday.
Mine made 93 HP at the rear wheels. It's a '90 GXL with 225K miles, which supposedly made 160 FWHP when new. :bravo:
It also runs really rick, like 11:1 at the top end. That I figured, given the gas mileage and failed HC on emissions (now exempt.)
Ah, well, I'm trying to sell it anyway.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Taking the Kia on a roadtrip. Getting 28.5mpg is amazing compared to the 17ish my truck gets.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I learned about SA around 2005 when a friend sent me some Photoshop Phridays. Don't know why I waited so long to sign up for the forum. Then I found the best car and gun forums on the internet. I've met goons from each and everyone has seemed pretty normal. One TFR goon I met at an IDPA match and didn't even know until he posted something later in the week.

I also got rcman (:dmca:) to start posting. We've known each other since high school and were roommates in college.

Good news: I got an engineering job offer. Bad news: I have no desire to work there after talking to them and researching the company. They gave me the offer without even meeting me in person. It seems like a place that hires a bunch of people at one time because nobody stays for long. It's also a 60 mile drive one way and they didn't offer me nearly enough to deal with that or move.

I should hear back from the Navy by the middle of next week and I'm really anxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SFH1989 posted:

Good news: I got an engineering job offer. Bad news: I have no desire to work there after talking to them and researching the company. They gave me the offer without even meeting me in person. It seems like a place that hires a bunch of people at one time because nobody stays for long. It's also a 60 mile drive one way and they didn't offer me nearly enough to deal with that or move.

I had one of those that even the recruiter was bad mouthing.

• Locked thread