Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nut Bunnies posted:

Man now that I think about it if Roman were on NXT he'd be screwed because HHH would just keep him down there for the internet ego stroking

No he wouldn't because Reigns isn't an Indy favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nut Bunnies posted:

Also, spending time in FCW doesn't count because...it wasn't on the Network and worthy of sending fruit baskets.

Man now that I think about it if Roman were on NXT he'd be screwed because HHH would just keep him down there for the internet ego stroking
Please source your quotes

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's also the fact that when Roman was in NXT his character was basically a parody of every arrogant 'blue chip' hand picked superstar. Being too busy making phone calls to do interviews, bullying ring announcers to give him special treatment, just a complete spoiled prick who was too good for this poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

There's also the fact that when Roman was in NXT his character was basically a parody of every arrogant 'blue chip' hand picked superstar. Being too busy making phone calls to do interviews, bullying ring announcers to give him special treatment, just a complete spoiled prick who was too good for this poo poo.

If that were his character I'd probably be more entertained by him.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Have two such segments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbS7iCMxn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA4Mo3azr8o

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jesus loving christ.

"If they do this then I called it, if they don't then I called it, guess I'm a loving insider!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He read someone's assumption of what all the content in the Observer is and thought "I CAN DO THAT!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought he threw a tantrum and stormed out of Reddit. Nobody's calling him out on acting like nothing happened?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I also love how he got in his talking point of Triple H being behind everything good without outright saying it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sticklefifer posted:

I thought he threw a tantrum and stormed out of Reddit. Nobody's calling him out on acting like nothing happened?

Tons of people are, but they love fellating him over there so those posters are getting downvoted.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh yeah, I forgot fake internet points matter to people over there.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Memento posted:

jesus loving christ.

"If they do this then I called it, if they don't then I called it, guess I'm a loving insider!"

But someone definitely told me those 3 men were in a meeting but they couldn't tell me who fell on what side even though they told me the content of the conversation.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I can't screengrab it, but Metsfan came out with this classic a few days ago.

quote:

I recently inquired as to why more / all episodes of WCW Monday Nitro have no been put on the WWE Network. I was told by a friend that works for the company is because WWE does not want to bring any more attention to WCW. My source has said WWE does not feel WCW is worthy of being broadcast on the Network. WWE feels WCW was a much better product during 1997 and thus we will not be seeing more Nitro any time soon on the Network.

Even the people in that thread are like 'Come on now, you're being dumb'.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Breaking: Mark Henry and Seth Rollins meeting backstage, future tag team?
by MetsFan4Ever

One of my sources inside the WWE told me that Mark Henry and Seth Rollins had a meeting yesterday. I'm told by someone very reliable that Mark asked Seth "are there were any burgers left at the cafeteria?" and Seth said "yeah, there were a bunch left when I was there a moment ago". Mark said "awesome" and left. My source tells me that this is probably going to lead to a tag-team, culminating in a tag-title match at Summerslam with Rollins forfeiting his Money in the Bank briefcase.

Of course, this might not actually happen and things always change in the WWE, but remember who told you first if it does."

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DrVenkman posted:

I can't screengrab it, but Metsfan came out with this classic a few days ago.

Even the people in that thread are like 'Come on now, you're being dumb'.

This is hilarious considering there's a series on there that is essentially "WCW amirite?"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like that the three people in the debate were HHH and smark pantomime villains Vince and Dunn. I wonder which of the 3 could have been the one in favour of this.

He really is gaslighting for HHH.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

I like that the three people in the debate were HHH and smark pantomime villains Vince and Dunn. I wonder which of the 3 could have been the one in favour of this.

He really is gaslighting for HHH.

In all fairness, those are the three people (plus Stephanie, I reckon) who would be at the level of discussing that.

But yeah, he's blatantly doing the "I'm hedging every bet" deal at this point. I just hope he goes all in, makes a post listing every single possible outcome for WrestleMania and edits out the ones that don't happen as the event goes on. That way, after the show, he can go I CALLED THEM ALL.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My favorite part of that wasn't anything he said, so much as the entire giant thing makes it sound like the dedication would be a big deal, possibly controversial, and then at the end it's like 'I'm actually just talking about whether they'd play a tiny graphic at the start of the show'

well loving wow

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if JBL mentioned it, shouting out to recently deceased wrestlers is kinda his thing.

An entire tribute graphic seems like a bit much for a guy who never had anything to do with WWE.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Benne posted:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if JBL mentioned it, shouting out to recently deceased wrestlers is kinda his thing.

Really? I can't think of a way to give a "shout out" to a recently deceased wrestler during a Raw segment that wouldn't be really jarring. I tend to tune out the announcing though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

triplexpac posted:

Really? I can't think of a way to give a "shout out" to a recently deceased wrestler during a Raw segment that wouldn't be really jarring. I tend to tune out the announcing though.

"That Kalisto is showing shades of Rey Mysterio there, Maggle, who recently murdered Mexican superstar El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. Ah love it!"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

MotU posted:

"That Kalisto is showing shades of Rey Mysterio there, Maggle, who recently murdered Mexican superstar El Hijo del Perro Aguayo. Ah love it!"

"He calls that move the dropkick that killed el hijo del Perro Aguayo"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

An entire tribute graphic seems like a bit much for a guy who never had anything to do with WWE.

He did have a match in WWE and they have done graphics for people who had absolutely nothing to do with the company.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Who was the announcer that stayed kayfabe all though reminiscing about some wrestler that had passed? I want to say it was Brain on WCW, but all I remember was something like "I'd say something but out of respect for his family I'll keep my mouth shut..."

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

DJExile posted:

Who was the announcer that stayed kayfabe all though reminiscing about some wrestler that had passed? I want to say it was Brain on WCW, but all I remember was something like "I'd say something but out of respect for his family I'll keep my mouth shut..."

I think that was Larry Zbysko.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Burt Buckle posted:

I think that was Larry Zbysko.

Larry Z, regarding Louie Spicolli.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That was it, thank you :cheers:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

He wrestled in WWF briefly (once?) in 97 as did his dad, and his dad was technically the first WWF Light Heavyweight champion so it wouldn't be completely out of left field like some of the other ones they've done

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
A tribute graphic really isn't a big deal to do, and it's a nice gesture towards the Mexican market where WWE has been trying to expand for ages.

Not to mention it is a good thing to do for a company who has been under fire for racism & such lately.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Showing some solidarity and compassion for a wrestler in another organisation who passed is way too classy for the WWE and it won't happen because they have an image to maintain.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

He wrestled in WWF briefly (once?) in 97 as did his dad, and his dad was technically the first WWF Light Heavyweight champion so it wouldn't be completely out of left field like some of the other ones they've done

Yeah, it's not gonna destroy the show to have a graphic and Cole say something like "Our prayers go out to the fans, friends and family of former WWE Superstar Perro Aguayo Jr. who tragically passed away this weekend."

Unless Vince's PTSD around the term 'Junior' kicks in.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Let's have some garbage fantasy booking.

some idiot on tumblr posted:

“The card I would have made at Mania 31:
-The Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan (D-Bry is out to show the world, that the comeback kid can win the big one 2 times & 4 executive times in a row, Undertaker is out for redemption, Undertaker gets his redemption, and at the end of the match, the two shake hands in the middle of the ring, making for an iconic match finish, and a perfect way to send Taker out, and by a straight up wrestling match.) -
WWE World Heavyweight Championship
-Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan (Daniel Bryan wins, and while losing to Taker previously in the night, he holds up the two titles proudly, making history.)
-Triple H vs Dean Ambrose (Triple H and Dean’s storyline similar to Vince’s and Steve Austin’s feud.)
-Bray Wyatt vs Sting (Bray Wyatt wins with a sister abigail)
-30 man ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship. (Have BNB win it with a face turn next monday night.)
-30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Zack Ryder pulls off an upset win to the shock of everybody)
-NXT Special (Kevin Owens wins)
-NXT Battle Royale (Finn Balor wins)
-NXT Championship Scramble (Sami Zayn retains)
-United States Championship
-Rusev vs Ryback (Ryback picks Rusev up for the Shellshock, goes into the corner for the meathook clothesline, pins him for the 1-2-3)
-Diva’s Championship
Nikki Bella vs Paige vs AJ Lee vs Lita.”

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I want a 30 man ladder match so bad now

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, it's not gonna destroy the show to have a graphic and Cole say something like "Our prayers go out to the fans, friends and family of former WWE Superstar Perro Aguayo Jr. who tragically passed away this weekend."

Unless Vince's PTSD around the term 'Junior' kicks in.

El hijo del Vince McMahon will do the right thing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How the gently caress would you even fill out two 30-men matches on the same card? Would J&J and the Rosebuds have to pull double-duty?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Burt Buckle posted:

El hijo del Vince McMahon will do the right thing.

I don't think they will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Cesaro airplane spins the ladder to clear the ring.