Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This was the best fiction work I saw at South by Southwest and the trailer is not only sick but pretty much what the movie is like. It won best film at Tokyo. :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWMc7iHt8Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Road-trip Edition.

The book is actually about accepting that the Manic Pixie Dream Girl is a myth, putting people on a creepy pedestal and accepting that they are human. It's not an amazing read but John Green is definitely above average young adult fiction and the values in his books are generally pretty good.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
"Don't ask me if it's a just war. It's just war."

Good Kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7p182UFaxg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Alehkhs posted:

"Don't ask me if it's a just war. It's just war."

Good Kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7p182UFaxg

This looks good.gg

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Prepare to light a fuse, it's the debut trailer of Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPZGc0WmfM

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Chris McQuarrie seems like he'd be the ideal fit to close out an Tom Cruise action movie series.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat the scene with Ethan hanging on to the plane looks so good. I hope Cruise never stops doing insane stunts.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

The MSJ posted:

Prepare to light a fuse, it's the debut trailer of Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation.

I love Renner showing up for like two frames of that trailer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Poor Renner. Between Mission Impossible, Bourne, and taking on the thankless role of Hawkeye at Marvel he's become the go-to benchwarmer for AAA action franchises.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Poor Renner. Between Mission Impossible, Bourne, and taking on the thankless role of Hawkeye at Marvel he's become the go-to benchwarmer for AAA action franchises.

Yes, regular work in reasonably high-profile films that will likely be huge money-earners, while also appearing in prestige pictures like American Hustle and The Immigrant. Poor Renner, indeed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And those kids in Africa starving to death too! Who is anyone to ever feel anything about anything when there are such people out there who have it so much worse?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

Tom Cruise is 52 years old but you'd never loving know it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat the scene with Ethan hanging on to the plane looks so good. I hope Cruise never stops doing insane stunts.

Knowing Cruise he probably actually was hanging on a plane that was taking off.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

muscles like this? posted:

drat right he was. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2817955/Tom-Cruise-performs-dangerous-stunt-5-000ft-hangs-horizontal-outside-moving-plane.html

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

He was.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That's because he's made the last 15 years of his career a mission to prove that even though he's older he's still got it, and he's single-minded and rich enough to pull it off.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The MSJ posted:

I was confused by the "anti-IMF" apparently being the bad guys, until I realized it wasn't the anti-International Monetary Fund. Impossible Mission Force is a hilariously silly name though, given the relatively serious tone of the movies though.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There are a few unflattering shots in that trailer where he looks bloated and/or a little jowly, but yeah he's in better shape than most 30 years old I know. Being rich and having laser focus work wonders for maintaining your youthful figure, I guess.

This looks like it'll be entertaining, I'm glad they stuck with Cruise as the lead instead of Renner, who is bland as all get out to me.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Alec Baldwin is only 4 years older than Cruise. What a difference.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 23, 2015

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I think the first real trailer actually comes out tomorrow. Not sure how it's different from what they released today. Probably longer?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, that looks loving awesome already!!!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I loved the gang they had going in MI4 and I legit like Jeremy Renner, so I'm just a little sad they couldn't get Paula Patton back.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Simon Pegg's "OH MY GOD" cracks me up because it sounds almost just like this.

(It's exactly what you think it is.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Here's the full trailer for M:I - R N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW_azQbOjw

Looks great. Of all the trailers for this years summer blockbusters, this (and Mad Max) seems the most fun; not overly serious and dark, yet has some high stakes action and awesome stunts.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Let me guess, Alec Baldwin is secretly working for the syndicate.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
MI3 and 4 were great and that plane stunt looks loving nuts. Count me in.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kush posted:

Of all the trailers for this years summer blockbusters, this (and Mad Max) seems the most fun; not overly serious and dark, yet has some high stakes action and awesome stunts.
Man from UNCLE looks like this kind of thing as well. Between these three and Kingsman, 2015 has been great for slightly goofy action blockbusters and I'm all for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Let me guess, Alec Baldwin is secretly working for the syndicate.

Also big surprise that once again they're undertaking a mission without any formal support, just like every single other MI movie.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Kush posted:

Here's the full trailer for M:I - R N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW_azQbOjw

Looks great. Of all the trailers for this years summer blockbusters, this (and Mad Max) seems the most fun; not overly serious and dark, yet has some high stakes action and awesome stunts.

Is that a rabbit's foot (MI: 3 reference) at 0:37?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Also big surprise that once again they're undertaking a mission without any formal support, just like every single other MI movie.

This one looks like a weird hybrid of the 4 distinct directorial styles of the previous movies. Wasn't big on Ghost Protocol, but color me interested here.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The trailer for the father/daughter zombie film Maggie.

I think old and grizzled may end up being my favourite flavour of Schwarzenegger.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

LesterGroans posted:

The trailer for the father/daughter zombie film Maggie.

I think old and grizzled may end up being my favourite flavour of Schwarzenegger.

I didn't much care for Sabotage as a whole, but Arnold was good in it. I really like this phase of Arnold doing actual acting. Escape Plan owned and this looks like it could be very good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks pretty good. Old Arnold is the best Arnold. Now I just need to get him my Lethal Weapon remake script where he plays Murtaugh and Channing Tatum plays Riggs.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Why on Earth are people still casting Liam Neeson and Sean Penn in old man action movies when Arnold is back in the game? The next Taken movie should be Liam Neeson kidnapping Arnold's daughter and then the whole thing just shifts over to Arnold's perspective wherein he kills Neeson and the franchise continues with him.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

feedmyleg posted:

Why on Earth are people still casting Liam Neeson and Sean Penn in old man action movies when Arnold is back in the game? The next Taken movie should be Liam Neeson kidnapping Arnold's daughter and then the whole thing just shifts over to Arnold's perspective wherein he kills Neeson and the franchise continues with him.

Liam Neeson is good at old man action.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Unknown, a Terrible Film, made 130m worldwide.

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
Unknown is good, you take that back.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I wonder what one-liner Arnie could've said in the wolf den at the end of The Grey.

"My bite is worse than your bark!"

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 25, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bullet3 posted:

I should have quoted instead of capitalized. I worked on that campaign. January Jones is awful and the more they cut her the better the film got.

effectual posted:

I wonder what one-liner Arnie could've said in the wolf den at the end of The Grey.

Now feel the icy airplane bottle of your doom

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arnold looks fantastic in that trailer. And the movie has me intrigued - gonna go in blind for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

bullet3 posted:

Unknown MIGHT be good if you're unable to figure out the whole movie by the end of the first act. Somehow, I had it down cold by then, so what happened was that aside from any time Bruno Ganz was onscreen, the whole thing became a slog as I waited for everyone else to catch up to me.

• Locked thread