Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Pffft who buys a cargo-oriented vehicle for the cargo space. Checkmate scionailures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The xb drives like a shopping trolley with an outboard motor attached to the front wheels and a length of string for steering. The rio drives like a decent car. Crap visibility though.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Slavvy posted:

Hahahahahahaha.

Looking forward to that car appearing in this thread.

:v:

Octopus Magic posted:

I really want to know what went on here, you can just feel the frosted tips and hear the darude.

Noooooo..

I actually really like Sandstorm.

88h88 posted:

I genuinely wonder what happens at places that design/manufacture bodykits to end up creating and selling something that looks like that. None of that kits lines work with the car at all...

I present to you..

THE ABFLUG SUPRA!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

.. Crap visibility though.

That's one of those "important things"

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

veedubfreak posted:

All i keep thinking is that her jacket and pants are ruined after laying down on an asphalt parking lot.

something something... take off her pants and jacket :downsrim:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
They'd look better crumpled at the end of my driveway :newlol:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Octopus Magic posted:

everythingihateaboutsuprasandtheirowners.jpg

I really want to know what went on here, you can just feel the frosted tips and hear the darude.

That pose and the general appearance of the car looks like the rice knocked her out cold and she's just starting to regain consciousness.

I don't know what it means about me that everyone else read sexual availability where I read domestic abuse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That pose and the general appearance of the car looks like the rice knocked her out cold and she's just starting to regain consciousness.

I don't know what it means about me that everyone else read sexual availability where I read domestic abuse.

That's the impression I got too. It made me think of Seth Green's line from the Italian Job remake, "a stereo so loud it blows women's clothes off."

Except this car wasn't quite powerful enough to do that, it just knocked her on her rear end. She should probably get checked for a concussion.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I think it's because those pants look like something that you would just wear to a regular office job, instead of something more provocative, and yet the context clearly calls for the latter, so it looks like the guy parked the car in a strip mall, went into the insurance agent/law office and dragged the receptionist out.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
The gap below the intercooler and the center air intake is really bothering me also.

Her outfit is as much of a disaster as the car is.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Mooseykins posted:

I present to you..

THE ABFLUG SUPRA!

And yet as a design, that's far more coherent ans thusly less terrible despite it being pretty ugly.

Who was that British design house around in the Max Power era that made ugly bag of poo poo kits for chavmobile Saxos and such?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

I like the ABFlug MRS more than the actual MRS:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If you could somehow wedge the stock lights back into that it'd be a great looking car.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

88h88 posted:

If you could somehow wedge the stock lights back into that it'd be a great looking car.

Nah.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You guys are making me want to buy an mrs and parts bin a complete body kit from completely separate designs.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Cakefool posted:

You guys are making me want to buy an mrs and parts bin a complete body kit from completely separate designs.

Speaking of thia, have the kit car guys discovered the MRS? It is so much less fire prone than the fiero.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
1st time a 959 will be here
http://www.carthrottle.com/post/someone-just-flipped-their-precious-porsche-959/

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
I love all the butthurt comments about how stupid the driver was for wrecking. As if that wouldn't be the same outcome they'd all have if they drove the car instead of their mother's computer.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
To contribute to the xB chat, my gf just bought one and loves it. It has the power and sounds of a Geo Tracker, but seems much more solid and gets great gas milage.

MS6 to a xB would be quite a difference. It's a responsible car decision is what I'm saying, so do with that what you will.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Baller Witness Bro posted:

I love all the butthurt comments about how stupid the driver was for wrecking. As if that wouldn't be the same outcome they'd all have if they drove the car instead of their mother's computer.

Depends on how fast he was really driving in the rain. I drive like a grandma on public roads in the rain for this reason.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Do the people on Car Throttle know English, or do they just communicate in memes?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Mooseykins posted:

I present to you..

THE ABFLUG SUPRA!

Ok, at this point I have to assume Japanese tuners are just trolling everyone with their fake-German names. I mean, RWB is just a Google translate massacre, but Abflug, when used in a car racing context, is a high-speed crash. They chose that on purpose. They must have.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

Speaking of thia, have the kit car guys discovered the MRS? It is so much less fire prone than the fiero.
Unfortunately, yes. And they insist on spending ~£20k to make one look kind of like a Ferrari.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Octopus Magic posted:

everythingihateaboutsuprasandtheirowners.jpg

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

88h88 posted:

Who was that British design house around in the Max Power era that made ugly bag of poo poo kits for chavmobile Saxos and such?
You're going to have to be a little more specific on that one.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
Oh and... if we're posting terrible supras...

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

No brake lights or turn signals?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Biscuit Joiner posted:

No brake lights or turn signals?

Flames shoot out the the mufflers to indicate turns.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Does coming out from dinner to see someone parked in front of you like this count as terrible car stuff?:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yes. Though if there isn't a mark, meh.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Yes. Though if there isn't a mark, meh.

I'm trapped right now because the car behind me is too close as well, so we'll see!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Darko posted:

I'm trapped right now because the car behind me is too close as well, so we'll see!

Two assholes at once, gotta love it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Reason number 1 why powershift will never buy a car new.

Nobody gives a poo poo about things that aren't theirs. I've been in my truck twice when somebody doored it hard. both times it hit the running boards so there was no damage to my vehicle. The one the dude appologized when i came out to check for damage. the other one the lady just walked away like it didn't happen. that was against diamond plate running boards that hosed up the edge of her door, and she just didn't care.

I would love to pull the rub rails off my cars to clean up the look, but they're basically mandatory if you park anywhere near other people.

People are horrible, terrible pieces of poo poo who don't think twice about doing $500 damage towards somebody else's pristine new car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Itzena posted:

You're going to have to be a little more specific on that one.

:eyepop:

Thinking about it a little more I wanted to say Dimma but it appears they mostly pissed about with 205s.

I did find this bullshit though.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 24, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh god, I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that I recognize and remember both of those from years ago :gonk:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

It's got the graceful tail of an orca, but the intercooler acts like the strainer of a baleen whale. I bet if you cut that thing open, more license plates would spill out

E: the exhaust note sounds vaguely like "killlllllll meeeeee"

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Powershift posted:

R
People are horrible, terrible pieces of poo poo who don't think twice about doing $500 damage towards somebody else's pristine new car.

And if you are lucky enough to catch them and call them out on it, they will more likely than not roll their eyes and give you the "it's ONLY a CAR!" excuse. That's the point where I black out and am no longer responsible for my actions.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Several years ago I was walking up to my car, just in time to see someone in a brand new BMW slam their door into my car.

They shrugged and said "sorry" when I said :wtf: and pointed at the dent, then they walked off. I have no idea how their door got so many ding while I was getting in my car, or how the edge of my door wound up losing quite a bit of paint that day. loving vandals did it, and they felt pretty :smug: about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I may or may not have done something similar. It may have involved a screwdriver and a very deep gouge in their paintwork.