Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm betting on ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm betting on ghosts

Oliver inadvertently dug her shallow grave directly into a lazarus pit

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Man Shado being alive would have been helpful when facing Deathstroke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Man Shado being alive would have been helpful when facing Deathstroke.

"Put salt in your eyes"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think Ollie maybe needs to get laid. That's why he's so uptight and keeps making bad decisions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every time Oliver sleeps with someone they die or go away. Dude has to have a complex by now.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

STAC Goat posted:

Every time Oliver sleeps with someone they die or go away. Dude has to have a complex by now.

He just needs to sleep with Merlyn then, that'll solve two problems.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

STAC Goat posted:

And yet people were mad when he pushed away Felicity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

He just needs to sleep with Merlyn then, that'll solve two problems.

Just take him home and watch I love Lucy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bad Moon posted:

And yet people were mad when he pushed away Felicity.

I don't even think I'm being sarcastic here.

Oliver pushed Felicity away because every single woman he's slept with over the last seven years has almost immediately been brutally murdered or moved out of town. In a very literal sense Oliver won't be with Felicity because he's afraid of losing her.

I'll say it again. Oliver needs a shrink badly.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

"Olicity" is dumb and should never have happened.

Seriously, their interactions went from funny and entertaining to cringe-worthy the moment they professed their "love" for each other.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You mean writing based on your audience's masturbation habits is a bad thing?!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

STAC Goat posted:

I'll say it again. Oliver needs a shrink badly.

The S-ollie-prano's. The recounting of a vigillantes crime filled life with his shrink.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

M_Gargantua posted:

The S-ollie-prano's. The recounting of a vigillantes crime filled life with his shrink.

Well, there are a couple of shrinks in the DC universe that could easily fit that role....

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well, there are a couple of shrinks in the DC universe that could easily fit that role....

Wouldn't they be called flies instead of shrinks on Arrow?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New clip teasing the Atom/Arrow fight

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

This has nothing to do with Atom, but somehow I didn't think that Cupid would be part of the Suicide Squad. I'm glad she is, she was great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

This has nothing to do with Atom, but somehow I didn't think that Cupid would be part of the Suicide Squad. I'm glad she is, she was great.

They explicitly said that's what happened to her in her first episode.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Gaz-L posted:

They explicitly said that's what happened to her in her first episode.

Ah, my memory failed me then, haha. :v:

Thanks!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm chugging right along through Season 3, and, uh...

HOLY poo poo, OLLIE JUST GOT ROB ROY'D BY RA'S AL GHUL!

Seriously, this show is fantastic. :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

10 Beers posted:

I'm chugging right along through Season 3, and, uh...

HOLY poo poo, OLLIE JUST GOT ROB ROY'D BY RA'S AL GHUL!

Seriously, this show is fantastic. :allears:

No!!! Don't you understand season three is bad????

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's weird how people have different opinions on things

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would be interested to see how many of the people who say that the show is terrible now watched seasons one and two binge-style.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

zoux posted:

No!!! Don't you understand season three is bad????

I'm..... confused. I binged the first two seasons over the last couple of weeks, and I'm still really, really enjoying the show. I'm excited to start Flash as well, but I want to get totally caught up on this first.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

10 Beers posted:

I'm..... confused. I binged the first two seasons over the last couple of weeks, and I'm still really, really enjoying the show. I'm excited to start Flash as well, but I want to get totally caught up on this first.

Wait...you saw the crossover right? Weren't you confused by what the Flash and his crew were talking about?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

10 Beers posted:

This thread has been very hard on season three, some might say, hyperbolically hard.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

10 Beers posted:

There are some rather vocal people who are very dissatisfied with the direction of the show this season. Keep watching, let us know how it plays out from a binge-watch perspective.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

It's not really about direction, but rather about pacing. The highlights have been great but there's a lot of boring poo poo in between that drags on and on unnecessarily.

FWIW, the viewership numbers have been going down since Season 1, which had average 3.68 million viewers. In contrast, Season 2 had 3.28 million and Season 3 so far has 2.83. The season finale will probably push it up a bit but the show has been declining in popularity. Fortunately it's not a fast decline, so I'm still hopeful about them making things better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every show declines.

Except Walking Dead.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Every show declines.

Except Walking Dead.

And Game of Thrones, which started with only 2.2 million viewers on its first episode but had a whopping 7.1 million at the end of Season 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And probably millions more pirating.

Breaking Bad too actually.

I think premium cable in general is probably an exception.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

STAC Goat posted:

And his would be girlfriend is with the dude who bought his company.

I kinda hope somebody like Thea calls Felicity out over this.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 23, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

It's not really about direction, but rather about pacing. The highlights have been great but there's a lot of boring poo poo in between that drags on and on unnecessarily.

FWIW, the viewership numbers have been going down since Season 1, which had average 3.68 million viewers. In contrast, Season 2 had 3.28 million and Season 3 so far has 2.83. The season finale will probably push it up a bit but the show has been declining in popularity. Fortunately it's not a fast decline, so I'm still hopeful about them making things better.

Yeah which is why I'm asking if people who think this season is a huge drop off watched 1&2 bingeing. Pacing becomes much less of an issue when you are watching episodes back to back.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I binged Arrow seasons 1 and 2 before the start of this one and the only issue I've had is that the pacing is a little off but it's a non issue when you remember that these shows air weekly

jeez why put so much time into a show if you're going to actively hate it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
You know people can not like where shows are currently while hoping and even expecting them to get better, right?

Eesh. This thread sometimes. :rolleyes:

With that being said, I've been pretty harsh on the back half of this season, and I'm still hype as gently caress for a Cupid/Deadshot Suicide Squad episode. :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some people literally can't.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
I think season 3 is just as good as season 2 but just think it's strange that we haven't seen some reveal about how he was saved after the break. It still has to be the Lazarus Pit, right? Maseo and Tatsu sneaking him in?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

overtone posted:

I think season 3 is just as good as season 2 but just think it's strange that we haven't seen some reveal about how he was saved after the break. It still has to be the Lazarus Pit, right? Maseo and Tatsu sneaking him in?

It doesn't matter, stop sperging. He survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Whizbang posted:

It doesn't matter, stop sperging. He survived.

Didn't want my post to come across like that. I must have missed the discussion after those episodes.

Looking forward to more Deadshot.

• Locked thread