Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
de_nuke this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Maarek posted:

Thanks to Valve's really stupid change to matchmaking, it's possible that some of those people made new accounts so they could play MM with their lower ranked friends. I've seen this more than a few times in MM and I have no idea why Valve thought it was necessary to restrict queueing based on rank.

I don't think it's possible to quickly and consistently arrange a good game of CS:GO when one team queues 4 silvers and 1 MGE or whatever. No matter what kind of team you match them up against it won't be a sensible match where everyone gets to play normally.

edit: I'll shut up now, I've dragged this out long enough.

double edit: I also apparently don't understand the restrictions on queueing. Now that I know what they are I agree that they don't make sense.

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 24, 2015

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Maarek posted:

Rude, overweight man who dresses in dirty hoodies and sweatpants all the time and acts like a sore loser while breaking the rules... my god, it all makes sense now.

Counter-point: A Goon could never be a world champion in anything other than:

- Most masturbations in an hour
- Most bags of Doritos consumed in a day
- Least amount of showers per year
- Most gamer girls scared away with a creepy message in a fortnight
- EVE Online

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I don't think it's possible to quickly and consistently arrange a good game of CS:GO when one team queues 4 silvers and 1 MGE or whatever. No matter what kind of team you match them up against it won't be a sensible match where everyone gets to play normally.

edit: I'll shut up now, I've dragged this out long enough.

Why do they still allow us to queue up 4 silvers and an 1 MGE, though? Since the MM limit only applies to groups of 4 or less, it seems like they are worried about the experience the fifth man is going to have, not the other team.

Daeno posted:

- Pants pooped.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Daeno posted:

- Most masturbations in an hour
- Most bags of Doritos consumed in a day
- Least amount of showers per year
- Most gamer girls scared away with a creepy message in a fortnight
- EVE Online

-Most csgo smurf accounts

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

This looks fun as poo poo though?

If babies weren't occasionally put in their place how else would they know they're babies?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

I'm an office-Global

Globblestone here

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Sorry if it seemed like I abandoned the Overpass match tonight, I said that I was going to restart CS and then was ... uhh permanently subbed I guess. I've been having a lot of framerate issues that get progressively worse as the game goes on, someone suggested that its a memory leak issue inherent to CS? It always gets worse at the perfect moments, too. Oh hey, wanna click that head? Let me go ahead and drop down to 20fps for you, I'm sure that'll help.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Geschwafel posted:

Sorry if it seemed like I abandoned the Overpass match tonight, I said that I was going to restart CS and then was ... uhh permanently subbed I guess. I've been having a lot of framerate issues that get progressively worse as the game goes on, someone suggested that its a memory leak issue inherent to CS? It always gets worse at the perfect moments, too. Oh hey, wanna click that head? Let me go ahead and drop down to 20fps for you, I'm sure that'll help.

It's an issue unique to sub.io/buttman. Don't worry, a lot of people get it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
not sure if posted already or no but here is the list of changes coming to de_season:

quote:

Update: Mar 23 @ 11:01pm

-Prevented glass above A and B from obstructing grenades using a magical trigger system.

-Made glass in B "jail" fully breakable with one shot.

-Removed ability for T's to hop on a box in the front corner of B site looking at CT upper.

-Adjusted the main T entrance to B, bringing back a traditional sniper angle from CT upper.

-Extended the traditional boost spot in the A bombsite.

-Made a railing on T-side B see-through, to bring back a traditional bombsite angle.

-Removed the railings on catwalk bridge in A site.

-Grey metallic doorways are now more spammable.

-Tightened A catwalk to balance T executions and make CT smoke grenades more effective.

-Slowed T spawn-timings to B, sped up CT spawn-timings to B.

-Fixed a "door to nowhere" issue.

-Prevented abuse of "u-shaped brackets" in Vent-room.

-Added end-of-Operation chickens to appease @official_chiken and the Bellevue Chicken Mafia.

-Significant FPS improvements.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SealHammer posted:

It's an issue unique to sub.io/buttman. Don't worry, a lot of people get it.

I get it also.

To avoid it, when the map changes from whatever aim map sub.io is on when teams are made, quit the game and close all CSGO processes before starting it back up and joining for the goonman. It'll save your spot.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Smurfs are cool and fun and awesome. 4 other people agree with this most games.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

bpower posted:

Revenge of the Silvers. Join ESEA , voice_enable 0 , get some tunes going and pug away. Bathe in LEM tears.

amazing, i never even thought of this

i know how i'll be spending my next weekend

i think i will play 'Kings of the City - Grave Digger' in the background the entire time just for irony

VelociBacon posted:

I get it also.

To avoid it, when the map changes from whatever aim map sub.io is on when teams are made, quit the game and close all CSGO processes before starting it back up and joining for the goonman. It'll save your spot.

the two times i tried playing on sub.io i had this problem. will no one get angry if i try this solution the next time i'm on?

edit: also why does it happen? is there anyone it doesn't happen for? what are their map preload settings etc.?

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 24, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ernie. posted:

the two times i tried playing on sub.io i had this problem. will no one get angry if i try this solution the next time i'm on?

edit: also why does it happen? is there anyone it doesn't happen for? what are their map preload settings etc.?

Noone will even know you did it, you just leave before the new map even loads in and do what I said, then join the game. It doesn't take long at all and you'll probably still be waiting for someone to ready up.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ernie. posted:

amazing, i never even thought of this

i know how i'll be spending my next weekend

i think i will play 'Kings of the City - Grave Digger' in the background the entire time just for irony

lol if you actually do this i think the biggest retard fag of the year has already been found

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Those season changes own. Can't wait to try em out, vibes style.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Took the p90 to esea and got called a 'random', rekt em. Long live p90.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

henne posted:

Took the p90 to esea and got called a 'random', rekt em. Long live p90.

the P90 was my first Stattrak weapon and I started using it over better weapons to get the numbers to go up. Why do numbers have such an effect? :negative:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

trying to jack off posted:

lol if you actually do this i think the biggest retard fag of the year has already been found

cool homophobia

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

haha are you even a real person, how do you function irl with if this is your idea of a ~sick burn~

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
lol

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
they mad B)

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

I thought he was just satirizing the language and type of insult that would be made towards such an individual in an actual ESEA game, but maybe I'm misled.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
curse you poe's law

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I warm up my homophobia and racism every day before I start queueing

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
http://www.twitch.tv/greatfrag this caster is hilarious

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Just came to post this, too. Absolutely killing me, haha!

BahBam!
Sooopries!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Jeza posted:

curse you poe's law

Is Poe"s law the new "Puppet Master" bullshit defense?

"I wasn't being a shithead, I was being sarcastic. oh Poe's law~."

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Crain posted:

Is Poe"s law the new "Puppet Master" bullshit defense?

"I wasn't being a shithead, I was being sarcastic. oh Poe's law~."

if by new you mean since earliest days of usenet, then yeah. not saying that guy wasnt being srs, just that its impossible to tell.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I want to preface this by saying that I in no way think I am good at this game.

It seems to me that when I play esea or goonpugs I generally come in at about 2nd-3rd on my team and people like Ephedra and the like drop 25-30 and I consider that a dominant performance. However, whenever I go into an MM match with MG/E's they're dropping 25 at half like its no big deal while running around like idiots. Now I don't like to blame cheating on every player I play against, but it seems like literally every game unless I have an amazing game of 25-30 kills there's just no winning consistently because some dude on one of the teams is dropping 40.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Kwilty posted:

It seems to me that when I play esea or goonpugs I generally come in at about 2nd-3rd on my team and people like Ephedra and the like drop 25-30 and I consider that a dominant performance. However, whenever I go into an MM match with MG/E's they're dropping 25 at half like its no big deal while running around like idiots. Now I don't like to blame cheating on every player I play against, but it seems like literally every game unless I have an amazing game of 25-30 kills there's just no winning consistently because some dude on one of the teams is dropping 40.

Maybe its smurfs, or maybe you're just reaching point where you've ranked to your skill level right now?

I used to play alot with friends who were GN1-3. I got ranked at GN1 and floated between GN2 and 4 for as long as I played with them. I would perform very well most games but then those friends stopped playing the game as much, so I solo queued. I got up to MG1 and stayed there, and I stopped consistently top fragging. That was about 6 months ago, since then I've been playing goonmans, taking advice off of here and started to play with a bunch of friends who are ranked GN3-MGE. My rank is now MGE and I feel like I am nearing my skill limit. Its not often that I top frag, and when I do its usually by a small margin. I might make DMG but as it stands, I don't really feel myself being able to get past there unless I up my game somehow.

In a goonmans I also often find myself in the middle of the pack, so if you're MGE too then I guess we are both around that skill level as we seem to get similar results and it seems to correlate.

Have you tried the Aim Botz map? I did that last night for the first time and knocked out 300 AK kills in a session. I felt like an AK spray god by the end of it, which is something I know I lack against my DMG buddy. I'm not as good as him but I guess with practice it will come.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 24, 2015

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Brute has finally released tuscan, and its poop.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AzureSkys posted:

Just came to post this, too. Absolutely killing me, haha!

BahBam!
Sooopries!

'KACHELKI KACHELKI' and then adadad's the camera back and forth on the swings on overpass
'the c4 is tiktiking the c4 is tiktiking'
edit: 'Smell of GG everywhere'

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 24, 2015

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYIF-GUEU4

That last kill... it doesn't look like I was off, but whatever.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

FetalDave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYIF-GUEU4

That last kill... it doesn't look like I was off, but whatever.

It's ok because I'm bad

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Kwilty posted:

I'm just going to sound like a turd saying this stuff but oh well...

Yes it could be smurfs (I still consider MGE/DMGish to be smurfing). Also people at that level of MG1-DMG are wildly inconsistent. They aren't well rounded players. They sometimes have very good aim but lack everything else that CS required. I can say that of my buddy who is an MGE. Great aim poo poo everything else. People at that level still full on charge through smoke like it doesn't matter.He mainly solo queued up to MGE and when I play with him I'm on my MGE/DMG smurf. I'm still able to drop 30+ most games. I'm pretty sure we just lost one 14-16 where I had 42 kills. So Smurf definitely possible or just CSGO at that level... Or any level really anyone can go off.

Ephedra fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 24, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Burgo posted:

Poop map for poop game

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Burgo posted:

lol that it took 2 years for brute to just reimport a source map into go and not even attempt to make the textures look nice

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

Maybe its smurfs, or maybe you're just reaching point where you've ranked to your skill level right now?

I used to play alot with friends who were GN1-3. I got ranked at GN1 and floated between GN2 and 4 for as long as I played with them. I would perform very well most games but then those friends stopped playing the game as much, so I solo queued. I got up to MG1 and stayed there, and I stopped consistently top fragging. That was about 6 months ago, since then I've been playing goonmans, taking advice off of here and started to play with a bunch of friends who are ranked GN3-MGE. My rank is now MGE and I feel like I am nearing my skill limit. Its not often that I top frag, and when I do its usually by a small margin. I might make DMG but as it stands, I don't really feel myself being able to get past there unless I up my game somehow.

In a goonmans I also often find myself in the middle of the pack, so if you're MGE too then I guess we are both around that skill level as we seem to get similar results and it seems to correlate.

Have you tried the Aim Botz map? I did that last night for the first time and knocked out 300 AK kills in a session. I felt like an AK spray god by the end of it, which is something I know I lack against my DMG buddy. I'm not as good as him but I guess with practice it will come.

same here, i keep bouncing up and down mg2 and mge, and i think once i reach dmg i'll peak, which kinda sucks, but its the same thing i said about mg2 so.

basically never give up on yourself chase the dreams cause what are we here for live every day like its the thought that counts congratulations on the baby

• Locked thread