Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

modnote: Timg doesn't actually shrink the filesize of huge.gif so people have to load the entire thing

not mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I feel you.

The best part is waiting for your loving rivers to flow in REAL TIME in the map editor holy poo poo why.

A trick I found working with water:

set your time speed to 3x, hit the "reset water levels" button twice. It should refill everything pretty quickly without sploshing all over the place.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Chewbot posted:

A trick I found working with water:

set your time speed to 3x, hit the "reset water levels" button twice. It should refill everything pretty quickly without sploshing all over the place.

My map doesn't have a sea level so that just makes everything go away, unless there's another water level that I don't know about.

Dred_furst
Nov 19, 2007

"Hey look, I'm flying a giant dong"
Been playing the mars map some more, getting close to 40k citizens now, have a traffic gif:

Finally expanding down the slope,

and finally a city overview:

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Arnold of Soissons posted:

If they follow this up with a The Sims where crazy mod crafters can upload their poo poo to the workshop this smoothly they will crush these sales records

I've always felt TheSims series went too cartoony. And while a similar franchise doesn't have to be entirely realistic, I'd love a more "dark sitcom" style game in the same vein as TheSims.

I really hope CO does amazing things in its future.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I thought I fixed the issue of not enough goods to sell by making more industrial parks and making a streamlined freight system but now everyone is exporting instead of sending goods to my malls lol.:smoobles:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its motherfucking payday! :haw:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Are there bank robberies in this game? Hopefully someone will mod them in. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's too bad this game's crime rate level is way too easy to control.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Finally had to give up on my first city, 120k population seems to be as much as my CPU can handle without dropping below 20 fps. I never needed to build any dams, so I couldn't flood them out, but getting rid of all the water and electricity infrastructure did the job, with forty years of population growth gone in a month's time. There were three people who refused to leave no matter what I did, so I bulldozed all of the outside connections.

That's amazing.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I want a mod that lets this happen but somehow adds collision to the train so when it actually runs it gets all Rollercoaster Tycoon on the rail lines.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

kinnas posted:

Vouching for the fire spread mod. It is awesome.

Forgot to switch to camera mode so a bit less picturesque but more "ohshitohshitohshit"

The firemen put the fires out and nothing too terrible happens but every now and then you get to witness this dramatic event going down. Should've just been in the vanilla game.

Yes. Goddamn yes.

I want more natural disasters too, please. Hope that is possible.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
A mod to enable cars to collide and cause pileups on the highways would turn most cities into burning Madmaxian hellscapes within minutes. It would also be genuinely interesting as an added challenge to build roads that don't function only because the vehicle AI's magical 100 mph merging abilities.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ExtraNoise posted:

I've always felt TheSims series went too cartoony. And while a similar franchise doesn't have to be entirely realistic, I'd love a more "dark sitcom" style game in the same vein as TheSims.

I really hope CO does amazing things in its future.

I'd play a Cities Skylines The Sims game, holy poo poo.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Someone find a way to hook into the pathfinding to propagate a plague/ebola. Turns out those traffic bottlenecks are handy quarantine points!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress I gotta stop browsing this thread at work, I keep wanting to subscribe to stuff but I can't :negative:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I'm getting that thing (where I've seen mentioned here a bunch of times I think) where everything is fine then suddenly OH GOD trash and dead body pickup stops and everything starts to pile up for no goddamn reason. What is causing this?B ug?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Moridin920 posted:

gently caress I gotta stop browsing this thread at work, I keep wanting to subscribe to stuff but I can't :negative:

Just log into steam's workshop browser and you're good to go.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Playing a mountainous map with a self-imposed no-metros rule has really upped the difficulty, holy poo poo.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is the lot with some construction stuff on it in a specialty industry mean it's been used up?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

From the same person:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Arnold of Soissons posted:

From the same person:

Not only does it treat 151 patients, there's a Pokemon Egg hiding on the plot.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Hunter Noventa posted:

Not only does it treat 151 patients, there's a Pokemon Egg hiding on the plot.

It should treat 721 patients. :goonsay:

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

a view from downtown. a medical center burns in the distance.

kinnas
Jan 28, 2008
The Case of Martin Heidegger, Philosopher and Nazi Part 2: The Cover-up
that's poetic.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Terrain.Party really is helping me discover some of the most beautiful parts of our world that I would otherwise never have heard of.

Like Ozero Kol'tsevoye

Gonna build the baddest roundabout around that fuckin mountain.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
I know this is crossposting so apologies, but a few people in this thread have previously wanted music mods. I was checking out the game folders and found a way.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708036&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post443127262

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Unrelated:

YERR A WIZZERD HERRY

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

What LUT is this?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Domattee posted:

Unrelated:

YERR A WIZZERD HERRY

No, that double rail corner is wizardry :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh, College..

Anyone else have a tremendous amount of injured/sick/dead at their College? I swear to god Hearses and Ambulances show up at this place more than the busses do.

I appreciate the authenticity! :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rails are naturally doubled.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'd think the trains would have to transit that at a very, very slow speed. Good thing there aren't derailments!

I have noticed trains will slow down for tight turns, which is a nice touch. So avoid them if you want to keep your trains fast!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I love when you get a perfect area from the rng.

Burger place next to a gas station with a food truck and a bus stop, a very plausible arrangement.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Rails are naturally doubled.

I...ah...uh. gently caress. :eng99:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I made my first 1x1 subruban hellhole tinytown city and it turns out it's even more economically viable than my real save, so I made this to commemorate it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I posted a long list of recommended mods in the mod thread. People who haven't been keeping up with all the mods coming out might find it helpful. You can find that post here.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'd think the trains would have to transit that at a very, very slow speed. Good thing there aren't derailments!

I have noticed trains will slow down for tight turns, which is a nice touch. So avoid them if you want to keep your trains fast!

They can be as slow as they want, as long as they are still moving. The two stations in the back are very very busy and produced blockages all the time. Unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots of the clusterfuck that were the previous attempts at fixing that line.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What LUT is this?

It's my own. I was upset that crime and disease ridden superfund sites looked all cheery and colorful so I desaturated and darkened them. Then I increased the contrast for that "smog induced twilight" feel.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Kilonum posted:

not mine

Oh my god don't embed screen-sized gifs please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Thanks Chewbot for finally releasing that evergreen LUT.

Just need to fix some gaps in reality along the highways and then let it sit for 30 minutes at maximum speed to see if the water sources will gradually flood the whole map. Maybe add some more trees. Thank god for nlight's "run simulation as fast as your CPU lets you" mod.