Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Badfinger posted:

Please eliminate this Rivington means nothing just words so you're speaking vomit from your lexicon immediately.

PS. Shut up Rivington.

It's just missing an 'as', there, though. 'As best as he can' is a real thing people say. Unless the joke is that, much like any random man off the street, a sentence without an as is disgusting and creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sooooo... I haven't watched the entire NA LCS this week, but I have a question

Was Lee Sin actually not picked this week?

Edit: Checked, 1 ban from the Coast game on day one, but no actual picks.

Calax fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 23, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's amazing what actually buffing junglers instead of nerfing them all can do for the game's health isn't it

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Flameingblack posted:

It's amazing what actually buffing junglers instead of nerfing them all can do for the game's health isn't it

That's not entirely fair to Riot there. Buff Lee Sin and Khazix back up and the tanks all instantly go back out of meta again because level 2 invades keep them from ever getting the money to even upgrade their machete.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Transient People posted:

That's not entirely fair to Riot there. Buff Lee Sin and Khazix back up and the tanks all instantly go back out of meta again because level 2 invades keep them from ever getting the money to even upgrade their machete.
The jungle was getting to the point where support players were just as strong as junglers through most of the game because they were so starved, I'm okay with the tank meta because at least they scale well into the late game. It's just a shame it's taken away Reignover's Rengar.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Transient People posted:

Not really, it's not like nidalee can't do this right now.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

The jungle was getting to the point where support players were just as strong as junglers through most of the game because they were so starved, I'm okay with the tank meta because at least they scale well into the late game. It's just a shame it's taken away Reignover's Rengar.

Oh yeah, I agree. I am firmly, FIRMLY convinced beefy-rear end megatank junglers make for a better game because they tend to have ganks you can juke and ways you can set them back, contra the bruisery shitlords that just poo poo up the jungle and get one-gank-one-kill lane raids for free. The games this week back it up. I'm just saying, you couldn't have gotten here if the bruisers hadn't all been taken out back and put down first.

EDIT:

Keven posted:

Not really, it's not like nidalee can't do this right now.

Nid's first clear is slow enough now that the trap got kneecapped that she doesn't get a free invade, at least. She's still dumb, but not Kha'zix-pre-kneecapping levels of dumb where if he came into your jungle you had to instantly back or die.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 23, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I do agree that the only reason people are playing insanely bad jungles like Zac is because every good jungler was nerfed every two weeks for three years but I dont think that points towards the inherent degenerate nature of atrox.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

Nid's first clear is slow enough now that the trap got kneecapped that she doesn't get a free invade, at least. She's still dumb, but not Kha'zix-pre-kneecapping levels of dumb where if he came into your jungle you had to instantly back or die.

The trap change didn't really do anything for her initial clear, I think most everyone goes q>e>w

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The only thing making tank junglers relevant is the Kha'Zix nerfs that happened before Season 4 started. Lee Sin is still a menace keeping 90% of all junglers under 50% winrate in pro or non pro league

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Of the Junglers for bans we had
Banned
Lee Sin Rek'Sai(X5) Sejuani(X4) Rengar(X2) Nidalee(X7) Nunu

Those picked Picked
Nunu (X4), Gragas, Nidalee, Sejuani (X4), Rek'Sai(X3), Zac(X2), Vi(X3)

This is strictly NA.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Transient People posted:

It's just missing an 'as', there, though. 'As best as he can' is a real thing people say. Unless the joke is that, much like any random man off the street, a sentence without an as is disgusting and creepy.

Nah, no joke. It just doesn't mean anything and is pointless to say. Why wouldn't all the players be attempting to perform at their best (unless their is a gambling ring which is a different and more interesting dilemma)? The camera will pan down to some AD mindlessly afk farming a wave pushed back to them because that's literally the only person doing anything on the map, and Rivington feels compelled to comment that they're "doing what they need to get farmed up". Just let the color guy talk about the broader strategy! "Nunu's just gonna go take his wolves, after he grabbed the raptor camp." SHUT UP RIVINGTON gently caress YOUR TAUTOLOGY

The TSM games were both entertaining this weekend, and the UOL bloodbath was awesome.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Wrong thread :suicide:

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 24, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
e: Love you Obscurity.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 24, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Libertine posted:

Nice. Who were you playing. SKT? Gravity? The Rich Gang?

God drat it wrong thread.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Monte is going over the Snake vs Vici VOD on his channel; it's almost like he's casting LPL!

http://www.twitch.tv/ggmontecristo

edit: on the CLG vs TSM game: "I really don't know about this Ahri pick, I think Urgot may have been better"

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 24, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

archduke.iago posted:

Monte is going over the Snake vs Vici VOD on his channel; it's almost like he's casting LPL!

edit: on the CLG vs TSM game: "I really don't know about this Ahri pick, I think Urgot may have been better"

He is also talking about how the TSM game plan appears to be screwing over Dyrus.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So, a member of TSM's challenger team leaked scrim info to Fusion. TSM dropped them (they were 1-7 so probably going to get dropped anyway). Now the players say they're going to sue TSM for wrongful termination.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

archduke.iago posted:

Watching this now, here's the VOD link for anyone who wants to catch it. http://www.twitch.tv/ggmontecristo/b/640857744

Edit: Not surprisingly, this is really good. Everyone's favorite Dumas reference is pretty smart about League of Legends.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 24, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Andy “Reginald” Dinh, CEO of SoloMid Corporation, had dropped their challenger squad following a scrim leaking scandal and poor performance in the NACS, stating “If I wanted players who leaked scrims and went 1-7, I’d put them in the top lane.”

Will Reginald's bullying of Dyrus never stop?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why did they ever name the team TSM Darkness? I can't read that name without thinking about the real DARKNESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gElAzSL4E

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

"Thorin also said he’s willing to be paid in firewood" got me

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

5.6 patch notes are out. Buffs for EVERYBODY! (And nerfs to Leblanc and Irelia).

And singed gets a % max health damage added to his E. They are really embracing this Tank meta aren't they?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Calax posted:

5.6 patch notes are out. Buffs for EVERYBODY! (And nerfs to Leblanc and Irelia).

Some other random things I noticed that might have more bearing on competitive:

-Scuttler Shrine vision is way lower (1350->525), which is about half the vision of a ward, so taking the scuttler will mean less of a vision stranglehold. Should be easier to sneak baron/dragon even with the shrine up.
-More jungle XP means stronger junglers/better tanks for teamfights.
-Twitch has been starting to come back, we'll see if the poison buff will make his early game less exploitable and make him even more common. He does work well in megatank teamfight comps too.
-Zilean got a lot of buffs, but I don't know if its enough to make him worth picking again.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 25, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

And singed gets a % max health damage added to his E. They are really embracing this Tank meta aren't they?

Actually I think Singed getting percent health damage is so he won't be totally useless against tanks.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

well this was an experience

don't forget to switch champs before the game starts boys

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

NTT posted:

well this was an experience

don't forget to switch champs before the game starts boys

Thats how my ranked 5s team ended up with a smite lucian/heal khazix last season

We won

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
No bm but judging from the scores idk if I'd describe that game as 'competitive'.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Calax posted:

And Sejuani, who needed it. Very excited about the patch in general since it seems like the jungle is really going to be a lot of fun with a wide variety of playstyles.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

wodin posted:

the jungle is really going to be a lot of fun with a wide variety of playstyles.

Hasn't this been said about like every patch aimed at the jungle

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Hasn't this been said about like every patch aimed at the jungle

Yes, but now Lee and Jarv are dead and buried

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Moving forward you'll be able to ineffectually flail with a wide range of zero damage no clear not actually that tanky sightstone havers. Truly an exciting age/

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I'm happy with Athene buffs if it means less people buying Morellonomicon against my Swain :getin:

I will be real mad if they make Ziggs good again, gently caress Ziggs.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Moving forward you'll be able to ineffectually flail with a wide range of zero damage no clear not actually that tanky sightstone havers. Truly an exciting age/

You say that, but

[throws a Sejuani ult at you]

[you are pretty much okay]

Yeah, that's right.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Sej does wildly inappropriate damage and is the exception but shes getting nerfed already so.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I know, I had a brief couple weeks of pig-stomping, but then :(

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I like being really tanky, having a sightstone to provide vision, building no damage items whatsoever, and still somehow doing a ton of damage as well as CC. I'm ready to give up supporting in favor of being a real support. My support endgame fantasy is 5.5 jungling.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking at the OP of this thread, and some predictions definitely shook out better than others, but this is definitely the one that whiffed the hardest:

Flameingblack posted:

[*]Curse Academy has been re-branded Team Gravity (Without sweet jackets). This team is composed mostly of former Curse and CLG rejects, lead by Cop and Saint Vicious.

Idiot

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bubble-T posted:

I'm happy with Athene buffs if it means less people buying Morellonomicon against my Swain :getin:

I will be real mad if they make Ziggs good again, gently caress Ziggs.

It would probably take Xerath nerfs for Ziggs to do the siege better than him.

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm looking at the OP of this thread, and some predictions definitely shook out better than others, but this is definitely the one that whiffed the hardest:

Idiot

The OP called cardigans sweaters and Altec Korean. His lies cannot go unpunished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

They were spot on with TSM being the "John Cena of Esports"

• Locked thread