Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

weas posted:

I think that is a fine dynasty team, what's wrong with it?

I'm using 2 of 5 NA slots and I feel like I made a lot of panic moves and didn't jump on a lot of talent. Then again I have literally no frame of reference for a dynasty league. I just went for "sort of young already decent to pretty good players."

Also my 2B may not even play every day and his backup may flat stink. Appel and Taillon are going to become Aybar and a streaming spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
It doesn't look like a MI league so 2Bs will be available for trade or for free on the wire. MiLB prospects tend to be massively overrated in dynasty leagues so I think your approach of taking guys right on the verge of being everyday players is much smarter than trying to load up on guys who won't be in the majors until 2017. I love guys like Arismendy, d'Arnaud, Arcia, Souza, Giles, and Martinez in a dynasty league, they will produce for you SOON. 60 minor leaguers is not super super deep so there will be plenty of MiLB guys who emerge who will be worth rostering.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Rate my team folks? Kinda scared going in to this, drafting is never my strong suit, and I NEED to WIN this year. 6 team league, so I feel like my team should look better than it does. I took way too long to pick up pitchers.

C - Carlos Santana
1B- Jose Abreu
2B- Ian Kinsler
3B- Adrian Beltre
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Giancarlo Stanton
OF- Ryan Braun
OF- Justin Upton
Util- Carlos Gonzales
Util- Nolan Arenado
B- Chris Carter
B- Mark Trumbo

SP- Adam Wainright
SP- James Shields
RP- Greg Holland
RP- Carlos Carrasco
P- Sonny Gray
P- Jake Arrieta
B- Tyson Ross
B- Phil Hughes
B- Anibal Sanchez
B- Andrew Cashner

Scoring is some gimmicky first time commish poo poo. CS and BB is a stat for hitters, along with R, 1b, 2b, 3b, HR, RBI and SB, P stats are IP, W, SV, ER, BB, K, and of course PICK, NH, PG.

Grem fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 24, 2015

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I mean you have a monster team but 6 teams everyone's team probably looks amazing. I'd say in a league like this the draft doesn't matter as much as waivers/streaming/daily matchups...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
weas thank you for validating my team. I just had no frame of reference for dynasty and it felt so bad to me at first blush.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Drafting for a 15 team mixed roto (standard 5x5 with 2 Cs) league this weekend. Any general tips for the transition from playing with 12 teams?

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Hey guys, please tell me how garbage my team is. 10 teams. H2H league, default yahoo scoring. I was drafting while on a bus after a few drinks and accidentally drafted Holliday over a better 2B but whatever, could be worse I guess? Thanks!

1. (6) Giancarlo Stanton (Mia - OF)
2. (15) Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
3. (26) Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
4. (35) Ian Desmond (Was - SS)
5. (46) Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
6. (55) Yoenis Céspedes (Det - OF)
7. (66) Matt Holliday (StL - OF)
8. (75) David Robertson (CWS - RP)
9. (86) Devin Mesoraco (Cin - C)
10. (95) Kolten Wong (StL - 2B)
11. (106) Tyson Ross (SD - SP)
12. (115) Jacob deGrom (NYM - SP)
13. (126) Manny Machado (Bal - 3B)
14. (135) Garrett Richards (LAA - SP)
15. (146) Shin-Soo Choo (Tex - OF)
16. (155) Joaquín Benoit (SD - RP)
17. (166) Kris Bryant (ChC - 3B)
18. (175) José Quintana (CWS - SP)
19. (186) Justin Morneau (Col - 1B)
20. (195) Francisco Liriano (Pit - SP)
21. (206) Torii Hunter (Min - OF)
22. (215) Danny Salazar (Cle - SP)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That team is incredible. Desmond in the 4th, Bryant in the 17th are massive steals.

Kolten Wong is a good 2B so that'll work out for you.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Hey guys, please tell me how garbage my team is. 10 teams. H2H league, default yahoo scoring. I was drafting while on a bus after a few drinks and accidentally drafted Holliday over a better 2B but whatever, could be worse I guess? Thanks!

I like the team a lot for the most part, your pitching is really good, and as Spoeank said you got some steals in there, and I love Wong this year so you should be fine at 2B. Really the only place where I feel like you messed up a bit is your OF, I'm not crazy about Holliday or Cespedes.

edit: you could probably use 1 or 2 more closers. and some more speed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 24, 2015

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
I'm not crazy about Holliday either, and was planning on waiting a few rounds in order to get better in other spots. That accidental draft really tripped me up haha. I haven't done a real draft before so I wasn't super prepared for how to effectively draft the like, 11 pitchers i needed.

Should I worry about micromanaging or can I just put my best dudes in the lineup at the start of the week and let it ride?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
blergh, I edited my old post instead of pasting this here...Anyways:

Reposting from last page, how did I do :ohdear:. 12 team league, H2H points, $300 auction budget no keepers.
code:
(119)	C - Brian McCann	- $5
(37)	1B - Anthony Rizzo	- $41
(76)	2B - Ian Kinsler	- $18
(5)	3B - Josh Donaldson	- $38
(125)	SS - Ben Zobrist	-  $6
(35)	OF - Ryan Braun		- $41  <- got a lot of 'lols'  for this one 
(98)	OF - Carlos Gonzalez	- $17 
(39 )	OF - Matt Kemp		- $17
(91)	UTIL - Albert Pujols	- $17
(115)	UTIL - Joey Votto	- $12
(133)	BE - Devin Mesoraco	- $3 
(167)	BE - Melky Cabrera	- $4

(101) 	P - Matt Harvey		- $37
(129) 	P - Justin Verlander	- $7
(134) 	P - Jake Arrieta	- $7
(157) 	P - Ian Kennedy		- $2 
(162) 	P - Mat Latos		- $3
(165) 	P - Anibal Sanchez	- $4
(143) 	RP - Glen Perkins	- $3
(150) 	RP - Dellin Betances 	- $3 
(174) 	P - Jose Fernandez	- $1
For some reference, Trout went for $79, Kershaw went for $88, Felix went for $92 and Puig went for $80 :psyduck:.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

DoctaFun posted:

blergh, I edited my old post instead of pasting this here...Anyways:

Reposting from last page, how did I do :ohdear:. 12 team league, H2H points, $300 auction budget no keepers.

For some reference, Trout went for $79, Kershaw went for $88, Felix went for $92 and Puig went for $80 :psyduck:.

Your team looks good, I'd try to trade McCann for a better shortstop, zobrist is kinda worthless now. Can't believe Felix went for more than Trout and Kershaw, and Puig went for more than Trout. :vince:

Arrieta for $7 is a loving steal, as are your closers.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
For people who did auctions this weekend how much is Tanaka going for? I had him in the Lee/Darvish/DO NOT DRAFT category due to his elbow, but he's had a good spring and is listed at only $10 which is an amazing bargain if he's going anywhere near that.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Schweinhund posted:

I just noticed that Joe Mauer is now a $1 player on Yahoo. Just shows why it's dumb to switch him to 1B. At least their $100 million replacement level 1B is healthy though.

Your last sentence here is the whole point. The decision isn't $100M 1B or $100M C, it's $100M 1B or $100M 60-day DL.

Schweinhund posted:

For people who did auctions this weekend how much is Tanaka going for? I had him in the Lee/Darvish/DO NOT DRAFT category due to his elbow, but he's had a good spring and is listed at only $10 which is an amazing bargain if he's going anywhere near that.

He went for $19 in my league (keepers, ottoneu points)

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Had 7th pick in a standard 5x5 ESPN League (H2H) with 12 teams and a snake draft. Start 9 hitters, 6 Pitchers with a 5 man bench and daily changes. Maximum of 10 pitching starts per week

C - Evan Gattis (79)
1B - Miguel Cabrera (7)
2B - Dee Gordon (55)
SS - Hanley Ramirez (18)
3B - Kris Bryant (90)
OF - Yoenis Cespedes (42)
OF - Billy Hamilton (66)
OF - AJ Pollock (162)
Util - Joc Pederson (186)

P - Madison Bumgardner (31)
P - Alex Cobb (103)
P - David Robertson (114)
P - Steve Cishek (127)
P - Ian Kennedy (138)
P - Michael Wacha (151)

BN - Chris Archer (175)
BN - Josh Harrison (199)
BN - Jason Hammel (210)
BN - Matt Shoemaker (223)
BN - Chase Headley (234)

Thoughts?

spanky69 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 25, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joe Mauer burned me so bad last year. gently caress that dude.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

where are marte and polanco batting this year? i'm guessing marte bats first or second, and polanco bats second or fifth, but i know not what hurdle thinks.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Any SPs out there I should take a flyer on once I move Fernandez to the DL? It looks like Rodon has a chance of making the rotation this year, is Syndergaard looking like a late may callup?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

where are marte and polanco batting this year? i'm guessing marte bats first or second, and polanco bats second or fifth, but i know not what hurdle thinks.

I think Marte is batting 5th, dunno about Polanco.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I think Marte is batting 5th, dunno about Polanco.

When Polanco was with the Indianapolis Indians he would usually bat 1st/2nd I think, I'd expect to see him in the 2 spot probably.

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 25, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Virigoth posted:

When Polanco was with the Indians he would usually bat 1st/2nd I think, I'd expect to see him in the 2 spot probably.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/polangr01.shtml

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm not sure what you are trying to show me? If you mean the Indians reference I was talking minor league in Indianapolis

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Virigoth posted:

I'm not sure what you are trying to show me? If you mean the Indians reference I was talking minor league in Indianapolis

Nobody is going to read your post and assume you didn't mean the Cleveland Indians. Also where someone bats in the minors doesn't really help much.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

IcePhoenix posted:

Nobody is going to read your post and assume you didn't mean the Cleveland Indians. Also where someone bats in the minors doesn't really help much.

I fixed my post. Considering he has one season of batting in the majors it's about the only data to go off of and I figured it was better than nothing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Virigoth posted:

I fixed my post. Considering he has one season of batting in the majors it's about the only data to go off of and I figured it was better than nothing.

Yeah, minor league lineups are where you assume the team wants/projects the guy in the future, but for the immediate present I think the main stepping stone is that

Abel Wingnut posted:

i know not what hurdle thinks.

and also he was pretty bad last year after his hot start so he might get put near the bottom because reasons.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I would expect the Pirates lineup to be Harrison Walker McCutchen Alvarez/Hart Marte Polanco out of the gate, though Hurdle is fond of tinkering based on gut feelings so :shrug:

e: Accounted for the 1B platoon

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 25, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctaFun posted:

Any SPs out there I should take a flyer on once I move Fernandez to the DL? It looks like Rodon has a chance of making the rotation this year, is Syndergaard looking like a late may callup?

given the fact that Gee was such a question mark and might still be, I'd lean towards them using Montero/Gee splits for the 5th man but still think Syndergaard at least gets called up by June/July if and when one of those two gets injured or is loving up. They might still trade Gee.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Has anyone done an ESPN league where save percentage was one of the categories? My league is doing that for some reason this year and I'm wondering if I'm missing something by just getting a single save and sitting all my RPs for the rest of the matchup each week?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Has anyone done an ESPN league where save percentage was one of the categories? My league is doing that for some reason this year and I'm wondering if I'm missing something by just getting a single save and sitting all my RPs for the rest of the matchup each week?

And saves is not a category? I think people might start catching on. That's a silly stat.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Jose Valasquez posted:

It might be a valid strategy to only have 1 closer and do that but if you already have multiple RPs it would be kind of a waste to be benching them since they lower ERA & WHIP and contribute to Ks.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://yho.com/mlb?l=121290&k=2c828ca04fad10f9&ikey=478e7d2a087a3db8

There's the league invite for the keeper I've talked about. Aiming for a draft on Sat night if I can get enough people for it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Welp, Yahoo updated their rankings. There's gonna be no bargains left to be had once the Pro leagues finally open. :argh:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i don't know, man. the rankings still look pretty off to me.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

i don't know, man. the rankings still look pretty off to me.

Yahoo rankings always look off to me.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh, totally. i just don't understand dude's claim that it will be harder to find bargains now that they reranked. as i said, they still look pretty off to me.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Whatever, maybe it's just me... but a lot of guys I've been targeting have been moved up like 10 to 20 spots.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fantasy-baseball-rankings--top-250-211545508.html

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

santana at 92

wacha at 164

polanco at 191

myers at 194

saunders at 274

:f5: all day, son. i'd seriously rank santana 25 spots higher, even more if he has catcher eligibility, wacha 75, polanco 75, myers 100, saunders 100. and there were quite a few i'd spot 25 higher, but these are the ones that caught my eye.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Moneyball posted:

And saves is not a category? I think people might start catching on. That's a silly stat.
Last year we did saves and blown saves but wanted to reduce the categories this year so we talked about combining into net saves, but that wasn't an option so they decided to just use save percentage. It's really dumb.

Schweinhund posted:

It might be a valid strategy to only have 1 closer and do that but if you already have multiple RPs it would be kind of a waste to be benching them since they lower ERA & WHIP and contribute to Ks.

Draft is Sunday, I think my plan right now is to draft one reasonable RP

liveandlove
Oct 11, 2004
Do keepers in snake drafts on ESPN work like they do on yahoo? For example do you lose a pick in the round you drafted the guy in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
How heavily do you guys weigh projected AB's? Do you consider them at all?

• Locked thread