Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Because mine cost literally $100 :colbert:

If you are talking about the golden tux, I alternate between that, the templar tank pvp outfit with the horse head clip through glitch, the lead farmer (Tropic Thunder reference, it is the ninja outfit with the wide brimmed straw hat), or the Halloween outfit with an American flag shirt and horse head. drat I miss pretty pretty bee dress up simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Sekenr posted:

Frankly I don't get why so many people wear suits ingame, its not like your character works in an office

I do it because my character's Illuminati and I think it fits the faction. They're a pretty corporate bunch.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

macnbc posted:

I do it because my character's Illuminati and I think it fits the faction. They're a pretty corporate bunch.

I wear a pinstriped suit and a fez, because it makes me feel like a corporate Shriner.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Because mine cost literally $100 :colbert:

Only if you were bad and bought it at the wrong time. Mine was :10bux:

:smuggo:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I alternate between a labcoat and Carmen Sandiego cosplay. :3:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Only if you were bad and bought it at the wrong time. Mine was :10bux:

:smuggo:

Shhhh you aren't supposed to tell them that! Let every one think I'm dedicated enough to buy that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

Shhhh you aren't supposed to tell them that! Let every one think I'm dedicated enough to buy that.

I got super-generous (also drunk) during one of the last events (Christmas, maybe), and bought like a dozen of those presents that give something to twenty people near you. It felt nice while I was blasting out stuff to people I didn't even know.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Sekenr posted:

Frankly I don't get why so many people wear suits ingame, its not like your character works in an office

A suit is one of the easier ways to actually look decent for a male character. You're guaranteed pants and a coat that actually match their colors, it's fairly easy to get coordinating shoes even if you don't buy the cash shop dress shoes, which only leaves the shirt as the sticking point, and that's only an issue if you want a tie.

If you want to mix and match, however, you're left with a weird variety of clothing that isn't internally consistent. A given color could be any of five different shades, the model for a shirt is tucked or untucked seemingly at random, and it's likewise a crapshoot whether a given pair of pants will go over or under your boots (Especially a problem with the Wassailer boots, love the actual shoes, hate the tight black calfsocks).

And personally, if I'm going to be out fighting evil, I'm going to look either as snazzy as I can or as ridiculous as possible. And since I don't have a horse head, it's time to be sophisticated as hell.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Oh. My. God.

I could literally make Bojack Horseman and fight demons.

There's even a bottle of whiskey so I could do it drunk.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Sekenr posted:

The world's your office and your job is to refile suckers under R for rekt. Nobody's gonna correct your spelling either 'cause holy poo poo you just cut that elder horror in half and now you're looking at me like that oh look at the time I left something in the oven.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Morglon posted:

The world's your office and your job is to refile suckers under R for rekt. Nobody's gonna correct your spelling either 'cause holy poo poo you just cut that elder horror in half and now you're looking at me like that oh look at the time I left something in the oven.

I feel like this could be the tag line on a Lumi recruiting poster. :allears:

E: These are the two outfits I bounce between, and yes I know I need a hat for the latter of the two. Maybe when I give funcom money for issues I'll add in a bit more to get the red fedora to finish the look.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 23, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kyrosiris posted:

"The only faction where you're allowed to enjoy yourself."

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
If you aren't selecting the most hideous and off-putting wardrobe possible I don't even know what to tell you.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Lately I've been wearing the Orochi casual look-- Orochi jacket, jeans, and red chucks.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kyrosiris posted:

E: These are the two outfits I bounce between, and yes I know I need a hat for the latter of the two. Maybe when I give funcom money for issues I'll add in a bit more to get the red fedora to finish the look.

I too have something similar to that second outfit, but in an as-yet-uncorrected moment of insanity, I looked at the red fedora and thought "That makes me look like Carmen Sandiego." as if that were a bad thing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hazmat suit 4 lyfe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

If you aren't selecting the most hideous and off-putting wardrobe possible I don't even know what to tell you.

This man gets it. It's extra wonderful because somewhere a RPer sees your outfit and has an aneurism going to the forums to post about "the great injustice"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Saw this in another thread and figured it was kinda-sorta on-topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCGGG_NvE4g

You guys are getting me interested in this game again. :twisted:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Have there been anymore cluster fucks like the blutooth headpiece, because pubbies are bad at life?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Have there been anymore cluster fucks like the blutooth headpiece, because pubbies are bad at life?

Hey man! We needed that tacticool headpiece after the INSULT that was the horsemask.

What? Some players can't play the game because of issue 6? Doesn't matter the horsemask is more important!

~TSW pubbies and Funcom

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Just thought you'd all like to know. The Enhanced Player Experience pack is now available to existing accounts.

Just login on the portal, go to Account Offers and Upgrades, and choose The Secret World - Enhanced Player Experience Pack (still $20).

TL;DR: Issues 5-8 for $20 if returning player, or TSW + 5-8 for $20 if new player.

alfheimwanderer fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 23, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

alfheimwanderer posted:

Just thought you'd all like to know. The Enhanced Player Experience pack is now available to existing accounts.

Just login on the portal, go to Account Offers and Upgrades, and choose The Secret World - Enhanced Player Experience Pack (still $20).

TL;DR: Issues 5-8 for $20 if returning player, or TSW + 5-8 for $20 if new player.

Honestly that was probably intended from Day 1 but Funcom hosed it up.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Len posted:

Honestly that was probably intended from Day 1 but Funcom hosed it up.

Probably. I heard something about a special new player offer, and then player feedback changing it, which is possible too.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Sekenr posted:

I don't understand boring suits either.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I love pretty pretty princess!!

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Too bad that last one hasn't got a permanent option. Nothing would be more horrifying than smileface in cutscenes.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Any word on whether those $20 packs are temporary or not? Would like to get, just not this second.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Amante posted:

Any word on whether those $20 packs are temporary or not? Would like to get, just not this second.

The offer is good until March 31st, but once you get them, the packs are yours.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

So that's a good deal worth getting? I have no idea, but since I'm liking the game so far.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

xutech posted:

So that's a good deal worth getting? I have no idea, but since I'm liking the game so far.

Issue 5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn is one of the highlights of the game, definitely pick it up at some point (probably when you're closer to QL10 gear). I enjoyed 6 and 7 as well. 8 isn't good.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

xutech posted:

TSW itself runs around $20-30, depending on the place you got it from, while the Massive Edition is a cool $60 (TSW + Issues 5-7 and a couple of virtual goodies)

So for a new player, the Enhanced pack is an absolute steal (about 70% off). If you have TSW already, but none of the Issues (and no Funcom points), its still a decent deal, yeah.

Plus, if you haven't gotten your free points from finishing 30 missions yet, do that, buy Issue 9 with your points, and then buy the Fall of Tokyo pack for another $20, for everything Tokyo has to offer.

alfheimwanderer fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 24, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pesterchum posted:

Issue 5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn is one of the highlights of the game, definitely pick it up at some point (probably when you're closer to QL10 gear). I enjoyed 6 and 7 as well. 8 isn't good.

7 is probably my favorite. It starts as one genre and ends up going a completely different way at the end.

8 is hot garbage. Through and through. Do you like TSW combat? Do you like wave defense missions? Do you like doing a wave defense mission that's locks to 15 minutes and has you defending multiple spots on a map? Then issue 8 may just be the issue for you! For the rest of us it's a waste of potential because new scenarios are never coming. Ever.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wave defense would be fine if you had control over where you defend, and if deployable tools weren't so clunky to use and partially subject to RNG.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Golem Week again :suicide:

Good time to get a gold suit though.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I've just logged back into the game is there any way for me to tell if I already own any of the issues before I buy the new player pack?

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

frgildan posted:

I've just logged back into the game is there any way for me to tell if I already own any of the issues before I buy the new player pack?

it's really annoying, but not really. Sometimes in the store, the price will be zero, if you've bought it, but only if you bought it directly from the store. If, for instance, you got it as part of the "massive edition" it still lists the regular price. I don't know if it will let you purchase it again.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Golem Week again :suicide:

Good time to get a gold suit though.

Another one? :D

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

frgildan posted:

You could also check Delivered items or inventory to see if you have any of the Maps that come with Issues and mark locations of interest. Each pack has one, except 8:

Issue 5 - VIP Map, Freeborn
Issue 6 - Tactical Map, Marya
Issue 7 - Council Map, Preda

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

frgildan posted:

It's not quick but you can go to where each of the mission sets start and see if they're locked for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Actually logged in and played a few of the most recent missions. Not too bad after over a year of not playing. Venice was completely empty, so good to see people eventually tired of that nonsense.

• Locked thread