Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

I say missing three runouts, colliding for a catch in the outfield and getting hit for a six to lose in the last over is pretty close to a choke imo.

not even close, any game has its share of mistakes and both sides made them. Ross Taylor running out Guptill for example. Saffers fielding almost won the game too, some of those stops were amazing and NZ probably would've won the game 2 overs earlier if not for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Cricket game

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

fong posted:

not even close, any game has its share of mistakes and both sides made them. Ross Taylor running out Guptill for example. Saffers fielding almost won the game too, some of those stops were amazing and NZ probably would've won the game 2 overs earlier if not for them.

youre a real barrel of laughs

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

This is why I had to listen.

You poor bastard. Hope you get to see a replay.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

MacDougall posted:

I'll be supporting NZ against Australia. gently caress my place of birth I'm supporting the good guys.

Same.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Who is going to be wheeled out for the final then? To replace Taylor. Someone not from central districts preferably.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Steyn shouldn't have been bowling the last over though. Was injured and bowling like poo poo, and the pace allowed NZ to run 2 byes, the second one getting Elliott back on strike to win it. If you're gonna go with pace in that situation the keeper better be able to hit the stumps.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
When you get to a semi-final and find such comical ways to gently caress up, then the reality is you won't escape the chokers tag. People gently caress up all the time and do dumb poo poo in sport, but what happens at the pointy end is what gets remembered. The vision of the outfield collision, or AB literally on his back clawing at the stumps with Anderson half way down the pitch is going to get used a lot.

As it should.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Lionel Richie posted:

Steyn shouldn't have been bowling the last over though. Was injured and bowling like poo poo, and the pace allowed NZ to run 2 byes, the second one getting Elliott back on strike to win it. If you're gonna go with pace in that situation the keeper better be able to hit the stumps.

So Duminy should have bowled it you think?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

*south African accent* Always been my dream to play for New Zealand

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

So Duminy should have bowled it you think?

Should've saved Tahir

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Somebody's surely going to make a GIF of AB at the end watching the six sail above him with the Lisa Simpson/Ralph wiggim you can see when his heart breaks thing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

glasnost toyboy posted:

When you get to a semi-final and find such comical ways to gently caress up, then the reality is you won't escape the chokers tag. People gently caress up all the time and do dumb poo poo in sport, but what happens at the pointy end is what gets remembered. The vision of the outfield collision, or AB literally on his back clawing at the stumps with Anderson half way down the pitch is going to get used a lot.

As it should.

Wether or not SA choked, this game just adds to the amazing list of ways they have tragically failed in the World Cup.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

This is 100% Duminy's fault, the sub bloke would've caught it otherwise

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Could've would've should've

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cat Terrist posted:

Wether or not SA choked, this game just adds to the amazing list of ways they have tragically failed in the World Cup.

They actually won a knock-out game this time around, so they can take that as a positive. And they lost the semi to an excellent team playing at home. No shame in that, really.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Someone find the most hyperbolic SA press headlines. I'm hoping for something on the level of that Zimbabwe one.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Just tripped over the world cup.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
That was the most special needs choke I've ever seen.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
i feel bad for AB :smith:

did so well the whole tournament and will be remembered for

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Not a fan.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
To fit the style of the last one

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

lol

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Had this sent to me from my Saffa friends:

I think they pull it out whenever SA loose at something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Lmao.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

auzdark posted:

Had this sent to me from my Saffa friends:

I think they pull it out whenever SA loose at something.

Idgi

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I think it's meant to be :itwaspoo: :shrug:

Byolante posted:

top banter this

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Poes is an Afrikaans term that translates to oval office

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Byolante posted:

Excellent

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i ducked out this afternoon what did i miss

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Probs one of the best ODI's ever.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

snaeksikn posted:

i ducked out this afternoon what did i miss

South Africans crying

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

MacDougall posted:

I'll be supporting NZ against Australia. gently caress my place of birth I'm supporting the good guys.

Same :hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Once more, with feeling: gently caress the US Eastern Time Zone. All the good stuff happened at like 5:30 AM, and I'm not 16 and able to keep vampire hours anymore :(