Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
That's not a stage, that's a constant. For all video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I can't play Dark Souls because I get too scared of all the spooky atmosphere. :(

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Real hurthling! posted:

today i bought vanquish. it was a good day. i didn't even care that my OG 360 requires me to take the face plate off and probe all three disk drive release holes to switch games.

GONNA NEED A BIGGER GUN

*Gun magically gets bigger*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Great Joe posted:

I can't play Dark Souls because I get too scared of all the spooky atmosphere. :(

My friend says that dark souls is the spiritual 3D successor to the old castlevania platformers.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

My friend says that dark souls is the spiritual 3D successor to the old castlevania platformers.

dark souls 1 was a metroid game with swords and demons

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Remember in Simon's Quest when you could gently caress up a jump and fall through the stairs? Yeah, sounds about right.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dark Souls actually is a lot like a modern version of Simon's Quest specifically, moreso than any other Castlevania in fact

Stux posted:

dark souls 1 was a metroid game with swords and demons

I've seen Stux post this opinion in at least two threads and legitimately don't know if he realizes that Symphony of the Night (and the five or six CV games that are basically sequels to it) exists

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Dark Souls actually is a lot like a modern version of Simon's Quest specifically, moreso than any other Castlevania in fact

I've seen Stux post this opinion in at least two threads and legitimately don't know if he realizes that Symphony of the Night exists

i know it exists but its trash, i only care about our lord and saviour samus thanks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What a terrible night to have a curse.

*spends humanity at a bonfire*

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lmao why does there need to be a "stage" retarded human being its a videogame just play it hahaha

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
So who do you think will be the first group to crack the shits and start sending out death threats over the first Pillars of Eternity review to not give it a perfect score? Alpha Protocol fanatics, Fallout New Vegas fanatics or the weirdos who recommend spending hours installing 100gb of conflicting romance mods before you can truly play Baldur's Gate 2?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is Pillars of Eternity and why do all these strawmen you've invented like it so much?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Kins posted:

So who do you think will be the first group to crack the shits and start sending out death threats over the first Pillars of Eternity review to not give it a perfect score? Alpha Protocol fanatics, Fallout New Vegas fanatics or the weirdos who recommend spending hours installing 100gb of conflicting romance mods before you can truly play Baldur's Gate 2?

i dont understand any of this post

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know what we're talking about so let's talk about the Steam curation group "gamergate recommends"

Let's all buy games out of spite.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Let's not.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know what we're talking about so let's talk about the Steam curation group "gamergate recommends"

its about ethics in video game consumerism

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Lmao why does there need to be a "stage" retarded human being its a videogame just play it hahaha

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

I dunno but they'll be the exact same people who mock rpgcodex grognards (or insert anyone else who dares to like old games I dunno) for taking games too seriously

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The Kins posted:

This is a truly insane post and the fact that you took the time to use bbcode means that you put some degree of thought into it and didn't just fart it out in some kind of feverish stupor so that's weird too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

God dammit I hate these hypothetical internet nerds. Ugh!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Blargh!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is Pillars of Eternity and why do all these strawmen you've invented like it so much?

Pillars of Eternity is a crpg coming out this week made by Obsidian. Alot of people are hype about it because it's been made as a successor to the old infinity engine games (baldur's gate, icewind dale, planescape torment) but without the bullshit old d&d mechanics and obtuse character building. It does looks like it's going to be really good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Pillars of Eternity is a crpg coming out this week made by Obsidian. Alot of people are hype about it because it's been made as a successor to the old infinity engine games (baldur's gate, icewind dale, planescape torment) but without the bullshit old d&d mechanics and obtuse character building. It does looks like it's going to be really good
In fairness they basically billed it as a successor to those games and have since been relentlessly mocking and belittling anyone who wants it to be like those games so while I'm looking forward to it I can see why that rubbed ppl up the wrong way

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

In fairness they basically billed it as a successor to those games and have since been relentlessly mocking and belittling anyone who wants it to be like those games so while I'm looking forward to it I can see why that rubbed ppl up the wrong way

I don't think stating stuff like 'hard counters isn't good game design' is brutal mockery even if you disagree it. I can see why alot of devs don't discuss design online though when stating your opinion is constituted as a deep, personal attack against an entire group of people

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

D&D is an incredibly badly designed piece of poo poo and I'm glad they're doing their own system.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

i buy games i want to play. pretty sure this is the best way to buy games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I buy stacks of games I'm not going to play to send publishers energy for their Spirit Bomb so one day they can release Megaman 3 on Steam

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

bloodborne is out today. RIP my tv time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I don't think stating stuff like 'hard counters isn't good game design' is brutal mockery even if you disagree it. I can see why alot of devs don't discuss design online though when stating your opinion is constituted as a deep, personal attack against an entire group of people
nah it's more that everyone who disagrees with their ideas for game design is, in their words, a dumb grognard who doesn't know what he actually wants

the fact that this is probably true does help though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

who was asking about mobile games earlier in the thread? i got some recommendations now

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So does anyone know why Gamestop is buying used PS2s, but they're not allowed to sell them?

Are they building a super computer that will be used to launch missiles or something?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

A Steampunk Gent posted:

If Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Retutns are anything to go by it will be a great game...in 2016.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My problem with pillars is that it's less a spiritual successor and more so a direct successor to infinity engine games. This is loving 2015, why are you publishing a game with a terrible UI and lovely graphics?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im ready

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nasgate posted:

My problem with pillars is that it's less a spiritual successor and more so a direct successor to infinity engine games. This is loving 2015, why are you publishing a game with a terrible UI and lovely graphics?

uh

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

The Kins posted:

Just the insecure 30-something neckbeards, i.e. the whole lot of them

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

so i saw this today, didn't read it (lmao @ the headline) but looked at the pics and

http://www.gamesradar.com/why-no-mans-sky-will-be-even-bigger-star-wars/

why is every screenshot of NMS so eye-searing? is that seriously what they want the actual game to look like? i don't think i could play this even if it a) came out and b) was incredibly good just based on how obnoxious the pallette is

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i personally enjoy the bright colors and bloom because i aint gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i personally enjoy the bright colors and bloom because i aint gay

youre gonna go blind from being such a big homo, actually

• Locked thread