Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Bacontotem posted:

Earth must be viewed has a near desert shithole if sending a baby with a powerlevel of like 6 is viewed as enough. Freeza was probably going to barely make a space-profit off of it.

Dragon Ball Minus's explanation was that Bardock and Gine specifically sent Goku off to earth becasue of the low powered inhabitants, Thus he would be safe, they instructed him not to look up at the moon and if everything turned out alright they would come get him.

Young Raditz at the time was paired with Vegeta who decided to ignore the summons back to planet Vegeta. So that's how Raditz and Vegeta survived. Not sure how Nappa did. Also not sure why a low ranking warrior like Raditz was sent to accompany the Prince of ALL SAIYANS

I do know there is one SD Dragon Ball chapter that has "What if Vegeta and Raditz came to earth and trained with Young goku a bit."

I really hope there's a translation somewhere...

Onmi fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think you're all forgetting that Beerus never actually used his full power. Yeah, Vegeta got mad and powered up and surprised Beerus momentarily, but once the shock wore off, Beerus knocked him out with a flick.

Vegetto wouldn't last long, because Beerus would know what to expect and would actually use his power.

SSG Gogeta, on the other hand, that would an interesting fight.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The super-deformed style is cute but kinda weird on the adult DBZ characters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Onmi posted:

I really hope there's a translation somewhere...

Is there a higher quality scan somewhere?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

mycot posted:

Well that's Kid Goku, see tail?

Some Numbers posted:

Is there a higher quality scan somewhere?

Don't think so, found it here

http://dragonblogz.com/special-dragon-ball-sd-chapter-young-goku-vegeta-and-raditz/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Some Numbers posted:

I think you're all forgetting that Beerus never actually used his full power. Yeah, Vegeta got mad and powered up and surprised Beerus momentarily, but once the shock wore off, Beerus knocked him out with a flick.

Vegetto wouldn't last long, because Beerus would know what to expect and would actually use his power.

SSG Gogeta, on the other hand, that would an interesting fight.

SSG Gogeta would last like 10 seconds before the fusion ran out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

drat, it's not quite big enough for me to make out all of the text.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsTqRlIRiYk
10 seconds is all he needs...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

My favorite character was Gogeta. I'm still hoping to see something bigger from it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

In It For The Tank posted:

I'm just saying that "real" Vegetto would obliterate Beerus.

Hahaha, what the gently caress. Beerus is based on Toriyama's sick cat, no it can't be killed by a cartoon character, no matter how "real" it is.

That's sort of the point about Battle of Gods, there are opponents out there, where no matter how sick nasty you are at punching poo poo, you just cannot punch hard enough.

That is why Vegeta was able to punch Beerus, it wasn't because he had raw power, he had a purpose that exceeded Beerus'.

If you were to give a powerlevel to Beerus, it'd be an infinite 0. That's the point. Immeasurable by their standards.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

mycot posted:

It's really lazy, they're supposed to be kids but the author (no, it's not Toriyama) just takes their adult designs and makes their heads huge to show they are children (which only makes it more confusing since adults also have bigger heads than normal). The kid versions of 17 and 18 are also exactly the same, even same clothes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Hahaha, what the gently caress. Beerus is based on Toriyama's sick cat, no it can't be killed by a cartoon character, no matter how "real" it is.

That's sort of the point about Battle of Gods, there are opponents out there, where no matter how sick nasty you are at punching poo poo, you just cannot punch hard enough.

That is why Vegeta was able to punch Beerus, it wasn't because he had raw power, he had a purpose that exceeded Beerus'.

If you were to give a powerlevel to Beerus, it'd be an infinite 0. That's the point. Immeasurable by their standards.

Or in short, it's the same as the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament with Jackie Chun, to remind them all that there is ALWAYS someone stronger, something higher, a level they haven't reached.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's like Jiro Dreams of Sushi but with punching instead of delicious food.

Petiso posted:

It's really lazy, they're supposed to be kids but the author (no, it's not Toriyama) just takes their adult designs and makes their heads huge to show they are children (which only makes it more confusing since adults also have bigger heads than normal). The kid versions of 17 and 18 are also exactly the same, even same clothes.

The implication is that 18 just likes bald things right?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Or in short, it's the same as the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament with Jackie Chun, to remind them all that there is ALWAYS someone stronger, something higher, a level they haven't reached.

Yes, though I have a hard time imagining why there's be a reason for Toriyama to write it so that Beerus would somehow end up weaker than Goku or Vegeta, though he might offer them the positions as new Gods, which is what I think the purpose of the training is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Yes, though I have a hard time imagining why there's be a reason for Toriyama to write it so that Beerus would somehow end up weaker than Goku or Vegeta, though he might offer them the positions as new Gods, which is what I think the purpose of the training is.

Well from the look of it, Whis is training them, Beerus is just sleeping, Beerus would want them trained so he has someone to fight against honestly.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

So basically the rationale behind Beerus being immune to Mortal ki is that mortals can't sense god ki and Beerus shrugs off a ki attack like every other DBZ antagonist does at one point or another?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

-Fish- posted:

So basically the rationale behind Beerus being immune to Mortal ki is that mortals can't sense god ki and Beerus shrugs off a ki attack like every other DBZ antagonist does at one point or another?

Basically, he never actually says he's immune to mortal Ki, Goku just says "I can't sense his energy" and King Kai scolds him for thinking he could sense a God. And he no sells Galick Gun and the Kamehameha, which says more about Beerus than it does about his immunity.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Mordaedil posted:

For what it's worth, when I said "real" I meant "real" as in the canon Vegetto from the Buu Saga and not a potentially nerfed version for BoG (see: not-quite-Mystic Gohan). Not "real" as in "real-life".

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

For what it's worth, when I said "real" I meant "real" as in the canon Vegetto from the Buu Saga and not a potentially nerfed version for BoG (see: not-quite-Mystic Gohan). Not "real" as in "real-life".

Still, even canon Vegetto was just able to no sell Super Buuhan. Beerus defeated Buu and Mystic Gohan in the same attack. Vegeta only caught him by surprise for a moment and then was immediately defeated. Super Sayian 3 Goku was defeated in a single strike as well. "Canon" Veggeto would last longer, but, ultimately, Beerus would win.

To be honest, considering how strong he is and how he was only using like 3/4 of his power against SSG Goku, I really doubt any of the Z-Warriors -- no matter what ridiculous combo or transformation they take -- could beat him at 100%. Even SSG Gogeta (which is impossible due to the rules of fusion) would likely defuse before he was able to land the killing blow....assuming he was strong enough to do so.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Why is SSG Gogeta impossible? Acknowledging the limited fusion time, that's not something impossible, just a super strict time limit that means it probably wouldn't win, but the event itself isn't impossible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

Why is SSG Gogeta impossible? Acknowledging the limited fusion time, that's not something impossible, just a super strict time limit that means it probably wouldn't win, but the event itself isn't impossible.

SSG itself had a super-short time limit. That is one of its stated weaknesses. Fusion has a short time limit made shorter by using high-powered forms. It's not impossible it could happen but would probably last like 5 seconds.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ImpAtom posted:

SSG itself had a super-short time limit. That is one of its stated weaknesses. Fusion has a short time limit made shorter by using high-powered forms. It's not impossible it could happen but would probably last like 5 seconds.

that's what I mean, yeah. It wouldn't last very long at all but it could probably happen.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Just need to learn a speed Fusion technique and jump in and out of it!

... :v: That actually sounds like something i'd come to expect from Dragonball. A new hero/villain that frequently fuses/unfuses as the opportunity arises and advantages can be gained.

Im sure we can come up with a food pun too, what can become two or be combined into one with no loss? Mashed Potatoes?

Mas and Toe? :haw:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
A post-BoG Vegetto would be some serious poo poo anyway because you're taking SSG-level Goku as part of the base.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

And in Dragon Ball Z world, they'll need that 5 seconds in order to taunt their opponent about how powerful they have become

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ImpAtom posted:

Did SSG really have a short time limit? Beerus explained that Goku basically assimilated the power-up, for all we know he could have held it as long as Super Saiyan otherwise.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Did SSG really have a short time limit? Beerus explained that Goku basically assimilated the power-up, for all we know he could have held it as long as Super Saiyan otherwise.

The God form itself ran out after a few minutes, but Goku's body 'learned' from the experience and he retained a chunk of that power.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes. The legendary SSG failed because he ran out of power and Goku's form vanished midway through the battle. Beerus even told him he wasn't one anymore.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do you think Goku realizes his hair turns yellow when he goes Super?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

What I like about these conversations is the idea that Vegito would have a static power level, and not just be, you know, the fusion of Goku and Vegeta's current strength.

So if a really angry Vegeta can at least draw blood, then it only follows that Vegito would be able to as well. He wouldn't be able to win an actual full-on fight, probably, but at least he'd get Beerus interested without having to go SSG.

And if he went SSG, well.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. The legendary SSG failed because he ran out of power and Goku's form vanished midway through the battle. Beerus even told him he wasn't one anymore.

Yeah but he also tells Goku he's still fighting at the same level. Either way, if the same thing happens with Vegeta they wouldn't need SSG Gogeta because SSG would only be a marginal boost anyway.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Super Sayian God felt less like its own transformation and more like it just broke Goku's level cap.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Something from the Official Revival of [F] blog (http://ameblo.jp/dragonball2015):

Translation from Kanzenshuu posted:

Bulma: Hey, Bulma here!
Just 25 days to go until the premiere!
Today Videl’s come over!

Videl: Hello! Is this a good idea, Bulma? I’m not really anybody important…

Bulma: Don’t worry about it! It’s been pretty much all men so far, so it was turning into a pigsty around here! But never mind that, how’s Pan doing?

Videl: She’s fine, thanks for asking. And so cute…! Gohan absolutely adores her.

Bulma: I’m sure Gohan will make a great father.

Videl: Oh, and sometimes Piccolo stops by to play with her.

Bulma: ……?! Piccolo!? Well, as long as he doesn’t teach her the Makankosappo or anything bad like that…

Videl: Don’t even joke about that, Bulma!

Piccolo: …………………..

Oh Piccolo. :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Yeah but he also tells Goku he's still fighting at the same level. Either way, if the same thing happens with Vegeta they wouldn't need SSG Gogeta because SSG would only be a marginal boost anyway.

He says that Goku retained SOME of the power, not that he's still fighting on the same level as a full-on God.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'd joke that of course Goku doesn't care about his granddaughter, but he actually spends time training with her in the epilogue so.

Though you gotta wonder about a guy who considers martial arts an appropriate way to bond with his something like four year old daughter.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Something from the Official Revival of [F] blog (http://ameblo.jp/dragonball2015):

Oh Piccolo. :allears:

If we get these new movies ever get the point where Pan is able to actually fight people, I totally want her using the Special Beam Cannon.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

BlitzBlast posted:

I'd joke that of course Goku doesn't care about his granddaughter, but he actually spends time training with her in the epilogue so.

Though you gotta wonder about a guy who considers martial arts an appropriate way to bond with his something like four year old daughter.

Gohan was fighting saiyans at 4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hey, Pan. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Hey Pan, wanna go drive cars again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.