Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

This is right on that excellent tightrope between terrible and fantastic, which is the same reason I own the goon bike jersey.

I bought some scrap denim, fusible, and navy thread to reinforce my APC New Standards. They are awesomely broken in, way more comfy to wear than lounge pants or pajamas, but that comes at the expense of strength. After hand washing and reinforcement of the most stressed areas like the crotch :awesome: and key pocket, they should be good to go for a while.

E: sick fades brah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Tim Whatley posted:

(Cross-posted from tattoo thread) Some new ink.

It kinda reminds me of Frank Cho's style. Just needs a Shanna the She-Devil stabbing the crap out of it.

Got this because it's been loving hot in Southern California, lately.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Tim Whatley that is a Cool Tattoo

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

Tim Whatley that is a Cool Tattoo

Thank you. I'm a big Jurassic Park fan. Suppose I should give credit. The artist was Greg McDonald at Underworld Tattoo in Salem, NH.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Tev posted:

I know it's a page or two back, but got a link to these? I can't seem to find these on ray-ban.com. Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, found them. Didn't scour the website hard enough. http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB4213%20unisex%201-rb4213-black/8053672298819

Mine are the 4215 57s

I don't know if that makes a difference to you or not though.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

What material is it? A blend I assume. I too hate cotton because it's the worst possible clothing material, and these are sweet and cheap. The fits all look pretty slack and loose though. How do they compare to Icebreaker?

EDIT: Found it <03gray/ 68blue> 85% polyester, 15% spandex <00white/ 09black/ 32beige> 86% polyester, 14% spandex

They are pretty loose, but tighter then like a Fruit of the Loop undershirt. They are super thin so I blast a bit too much nip to wear them alone anyway. They feel amazing and move super well under a polo or button up. Also they are cheap, dirt cheap right now.

I have never had an Icebreaker tshirt as there is no way I could justify one at $65. Which is odd as I have base-layer tops that cost around that but some the sleeves make it worth it :shrug:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bunnielab posted:

They are pretty loose, but tighter then like a Fruit of the Loop undershirt. They are super thin so I blast a bit too much nip to wear them alone anyway. They feel amazing and move super well under a polo or button up. Also they are cheap, dirt cheap right now.

I have never had an Icebreaker tshirt as there is no way I could justify one at $65. Which is odd as I have base-layer tops that cost around that but some the sleeves make it worth it :shrug:

If you ever find them on sale, definitely grab them. Best shirt I've ever owned, but I grabbed them at ~$40.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

The packaging is gross, but this thing is amazing. Alleviates allergy, flu and sinusitis symptoms. Just pour some NaCl solution into those gross murky holes.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Make sure you boil the water first. A few people have died from using these because of that brain eating amoeba in tap water.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

e,f,b.

Here's the wiki article on said amoeba
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

SpartanIV posted:

Make sure you boil the water first. A few people have died from using these because of that brain eating amoeba in tap water.

It should be noted that naegleria fowleri cannot survive in the temperature where I live. :smug: According to researchers, the chances of an infection is several thousand times more unlikely than a lottery jackpot. That said, sterilizing the water is recommended.

WaltherFeng has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Mar 24, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You have to boil tap water anyways because the chlorine burns like hell. Source; I didn't read the manual.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Or just use distilled water like it says to.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Fully sick

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

You have to boil tap water anyways because the chlorine burns like hell. Source; I didn't read the manual.

I'm sorry you live in a country with inferior water reserves (Our toilet water 100% safe to drink)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

budgieinspector posted:

It kinda reminds me of Frank Cho's style. Just needs a Shanna the She-Devil stabbing the crap out of it.

I can picture that. When I saw it I immediately thought of the dinosaur imagination sequences from Calvin and Hobbes.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm sorry you live in a country with inferior water reserves (Our toilet water 100% safe to drink)

All public water has chlorine dude.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Bottom Liner posted:

All public water has chlorine dude.

Not in my country. The only downside when moving from pure Bohemian source water out of granite mountains from where my parents live to my current living place was that it's directly pumped from the chalky ground which means it's pretty heavy on limescale. But zero chlorine (we of course get a yearly report on the water quality check done by the government).

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Bottom Liner posted:

Isn't using tap water with those things the way you get wicked sinus infections?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

kannonfodder posted:

Isn't using tap water with those things the way you get wicked sinus infections?

Let's make few things clear:

1. This treatment is endorsed by the public health care system. They recommend it to patients with persistent symptoms.
2. The written instructions by the public health care professionals, which I was offered at the local hospital states "Tap water's quality is sufficient, but water can be boiled if necessary"

WaltherFeng has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Mar 24, 2015

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Why would you need a fleshlight if you've got a wife?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beato posted:

Why would you need a fleshlight if you've got a wife?
She can use it on you, change things up

plus sometimes they go away for *reasons*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

She can use it on you, change things up

plus sometimes they go away for *reasons*

*reasons* = your fleshlight collection

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

*reasons* = your fleshlight collection
well if you have a collection then there is obviously some issues

I meant away for the weekend or on business not for good

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Etrips posted:

Or just use distilled water like it says to.

Yea gonna go with the distilled water remark here.

Let's see, I can spend 50 cents on a gallon of pure water that won't contain anything that can possibly do damage TO THE INSIDE OF MY loving HEAD NEXT TO MY BRAIN, or I can just boil some tap water cause, you know, YOLO!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Let's see, I can spend 50 cents on a gallon of pure water that won't contain anything that can possibly do damage TO THE INSIDE OF MY loving HEAD NEXT TO MY BRAIN, or I can just boil some tap water cause, you know, YOLO!

Thanks, Goon doctor, I didn't know the US had such lovely water.

WaltherFeng has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Mar 24, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Do you use these funny nose clips each time you go swimming or take a bath?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

WaltherFeng posted:

Thanks, Goon doctor, I didn't know the US had such lovely water.

Pretty much this really. If you don't live in a stupid swamp with really lovely water there's no need to be insane about it. If you go swim in a lake or in a public pool you're going to get 200000x more bacteria in your nose. Using direct tap water isn't much of a problem if you live somewhere with good water and boiling is more than enough if you want to make sure.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Mar 24, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do live in Louisiana, which is where all those amoeba death things were going on. which is pretty much lovely swamp water.

Hence the "gently caress it, I'd rather spend 50 cents on pure water" attitude I have.

I stands by my choices.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

I do live in Louisiana, which is where all those amoeba death things were going on. which is pretty much lovely swamp water.

Hence the "gently caress it, I'd rather spend 50 cents on pure water" attitude I have.

I stands by my choices.

I'd do the same in your position because I can't imagine it's possible to get worst water than what Louisiana probably gets.

------

Anyway, great buy on the neti pot. I don't use mine all the time, but as soon as I feel like I might be getting a cold/flu or if there's a lot of sick people at the school I teach at I'll start using it religiously. It made a huge difference for me

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Mar 24, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My wife has a neti pot. I tried to use it once and I think I almost drowned.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I stands by my choices.

I live in a country where studies have shown that tap water potentially has 100 times less microbes than bottled water. That and there has never been a recorded case of a killer brain amoeba here either. So I do find it amusing when people freak about water.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bottled water =/= distilled water, but yea I can see where it'd be a weird thing for people to freak out about if I lived in an area where the water was awesome.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I don't understand the thing I'm looking at here.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

WaltherFeng posted:

I live in a country where studies have shown that tap water potentially has 100 times less microbes than bottled water. That and there has never been a recorded case of a killer brain amoeba here either. So I do find it amusing when people freak about water.

In the US people run for government office on a platform of "let's deregulate the water supply!" And win.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Athenry posted:

I don't understand the thing I'm looking at here.

Nose cleansing world championship.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Bottled water =/= distilled water, but yea I can see where it'd be a weird thing for people to freak out about if I lived in an area where the water was awesome.

Let me tell you more about my country: Russia. I jest, have some recent purchases:

That timer is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bowmore posted:

I meant away for the weekend or on business not for good

If you have a wife there is always going to be a reason to make her go away for good. One way or another.