Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

God dammit Dolfan.

That's twice now.
Blame the jerk who decided to steal my top rated guard in the draft >:-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Hey, that guard is would be going to a good home.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Four picks in the last forty hours. I see you guys posting in other threads, come on

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Replacing the weakest spot on the line with a big fuckin dude with a rad last name.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

warcrimes posted:

Four picks in the last forty hours. I see you guys posting in other threads, come on

Are you really that hard up for your fake team draft that you can't wait? People have lives for gently caress sakes you impatient goons! It takes time to figure out which online draft nerd to side with regarding which random player you have never heard of from some random school you have never heard of!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DJ isn't getting any younger, and we sucked hind-tit without him last year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Bednarik McKinney is an awesome football name.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Great pick, bOng. Dorsett with Hopkins is a dangerous pairing.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

Great pick, bOng. Dorsett with Hopkins is a dangerous pairing.

I think it's way too high but I'm just a dude on the internet

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
DAMNIT BONG! YOU TOOK MY PICK!

Seriously, good pick and appropriate for round 2. Dorsett from what I've read has good route running and can blaze out to the endzone. I wanted him on the Browns. Bowe, Parker, Dorsett would give some fear to the opposition...if the QB can throw it to them. I was hoping he'd fall to round 3 but now this just makes round 3 easier if my other guy is there.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

warcrimes posted:

I think it's way too high but I'm just a dude on the internet

Al would have taken him in the first.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Updated the picks in the OP of the picks thread. Will probably post draft order for 3rd round tonight or tomorrow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well its nice to no longer have the biggest receiver reach.

But he's not THAT much of a reach. He's a 3rd round guy, at best, so this isn't insane.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

But he's not THAT much of a reach. He's a 3rd round guy, at best, so this isn't insane.

That; plus without trades, you basically have to reach if you're targeting someone specific for their fit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

That; plus without trades, you basically have to reach if you're targeting someone specific for their fit.

Exactly how Im viewing it too. He realistically is going to be there in the real draft all the way to the top to middle of the 3rd... but here goons love speed so ya know

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't think he's a reach. Mid of round 2 is fine for him on the right team, he'd surprise. If he was put on Detroit as example, I think he and Calvin Johnson could do some special things. He's stated to be good at running routes so imagine on one hand you got a guy who can leap like hell and get double teamed and on the other hand you have Dorsett who if he gets the ball as an alternate is going to terminate whatever is trying to cover him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Exactly how Im viewing it too. He realistically is going to be there in the real draft all the way to the top to middle of the 3rd... but here goons love speed so ya know

Great point

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Dorsett feels like a guy that's going to get reached for in the actual draft, so mid second feels about right anyways.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yeah Dorsett was my suggestion :v:

yolo

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
:siren:Compensatory Picks were released:siren:

Kansas City Chiefs: 3rd round (98), 5th round (172), 5th round (173), 6th round (217)

Denver Broncos: 4th round (133), 6th round (208), 7th round (250), 7th round (251)

Seattle Seahawks: 4th round (134), 5th round (170), 6th round (209), 6th round (214)

Baltimore Ravens: 4th round (136), 5th round (171), 5th round (175)

Houston Texans: 5th round (174), 6th round (211), 6th round (216)

New England Patriots: 3rd round (97), 7th round (253)

Cincinnati Bengals: 3rd round (99), 4th round (135)

San Francisco 49ers: 4th round (132), 7th round (254)

Carolina Panthers: 5th round (169), 6th round (213)

Green Bay Packers: 6th round (210), 6th round (212)

St. Louis Rams: 6th round (215)

Pittsburgh Steelers: 7th round (252)

Indianapolis Colts: 7th round (255)

Arizona Cardinals: 7th round (256)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How about for the 3rd round we move the speed of the picks up?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
It was basically Dorsett or Perriman in my eyes I thought either would be a little bit of a reach but it's not too bad. I think the Texans need a speed dude and I liked Intruders suggestion.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Ah our daily reminder some goons really need to reassess their priorities!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

seiferguy posted:

No. This draft is already far far faster than any we have had in the past. Last time I think we started at about the same time and didn't even finish round 2 by the time the actual draft started. Its going at a pretty good pace. If you have a job where you aren't glued to a computer all day, its not really fair. The draft is going to stay at the same speed. Its not someone agonizing over a pick for hours, its them realizing its their turn, taking 20 minutes or so to research or find a pick, and posting. Unless you want to give out phone numbers and such, there is really no effective way to make this go any faster.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

b0ng posted:

It was basically Dorsett or Perriman in my eyes I thought either would be a little bit of a reach but it's not too bad. I think the Texans need a speed dude and I liked Intruders suggestion.

Yeah I like Perriman's size but with Mallett's arm having a pure burner would open things up for Nuk and you'd get the occasional homerun

Plus it would be a WR from the U to fill the hole in my heart

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

Yeah I like Perriman's size but with Mallett's arm having a pure burner would open things up for Nuk and you'd get the occasional homerun

Plus it would be a WR from the U to fill the hole in my heart

Before the combine, a lot of people expected Dorsett to run the fastest time. If he had done that, then he would have absolutely gone in the 2nd, and some people were thinking late first before the Seahawks trade. Anyways, that pick isn't as big a reach as some are making it out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked middle of the 2nd. Its definitely the high end of the spectrum though.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Ugh I have three guys I'm thinking about taking. Someone help me and take 2 of them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Ah our daily reminder some goons really need to reassess their priorities!

Seriously, some of you guys take this poo poo waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. It's supposed to be for fun, go enjoy the outdoors...talk to other human beings face to face...have sex...stop letting a fake draft run your lives!

/psa over

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Good News: Moving to KC.

Bad News: Wife's pregnancy is apparently getting more complicated, the hospitals in the area haven't decided if they'll "accept" her into the maternity program, the housing market is on fire so all the good ones in the areas we're looking are gone in like a day, and the trip we were going to take to KC tomorrow through Sunday may now not happen because the twins may have Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

I'm about to be very busy. Or not busy at all.

If any other Chiefs fans would like to be on stand-by in case I have to disappear for a bit, I can PM you a couple guys I'm keeping an eye on for other rounds, at least to cover round 3.

I have PMs, but you can just post in the thread and I can text/e-mail you if need be so we can work it out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Bad News: Wife's pregnancy is apparently getting more complicated, the hospitals in the area haven't decided if they'll "accept" her into the maternity program, the housing market is on fire so all the good ones in the areas we're looking are gone in like a day, and the trip we were going to take to KC tomorrow through Sunday may now not happen because the twins may have Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

If any other Chiefs fans would like to be on stand-by in case I have to disappear for a bit, I can PM you a couple guys I'm keeping an eye on for other rounds, at least to cover round 3.

I have PMs, but you can just post in the thread and I can text/e-mail you if need be so we can work it out.

Good luck with the babies, man. I'm hoping and praying for 2 healthy babies, 1 healthy mom and 1 very happy and exhausted No Butt Stuff!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Best of luck, NBS!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ya know- pregnancy wouldn't even be an issue if you didn't have that silly rule, no butt stuff!

Just kidding. Good luck!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good luck No Butt Stuff.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's hoping for healthy little butt stuffs. :) Good luck!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Good luck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No Butt Stuff posted:

Holy poo poo. You're moving and your wife is pregnant with twins? You're either insane or a far better man than I. Probably both.

As a fellow husband to a pregnant wife, best of luck and I hope for everyone's health and sanity.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo. You're moving and your wife is pregnant with twins? You're either insane or a far better man than I. Probably both.

As a fellow husband to a pregnant wife, best of luck and I hope for everyone's health and sanity.

I also have two other children who are currently at their grandparents in Missouri already. I'm working my way up to Phil Rivers status.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

I also have two other children who are currently at their grandparents in Missouri already. I'm working my way up to Phil Rivers status.

Then shouldn't you be moving to Tennessee?

Good luck!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Then shouldn't you be moving to Tennessee?

Good luck!

If he is going to be Phil Rivers, he would obviously move to LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Shath Hole posted:

If he is going to be Phil Rivers, he would obviously move to LA

Rivers will never play in LA

• Locked thread