Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

keyframe posted:

Why are you guys arguing about dumb poo poo instead of playing the goty of all times?

I'd like to play it but I'm burdened by the disadvantage of being European.

Not sure what will be more dire: my feelings playing Bloodborne despite only briefly touching Demon's Souls before or reading the last couple of pages in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I barely touched any of the souls games and I am having a great time dying over and over. It's really funny to see how easily you breeze through areas after dying in them once or twice or six times. Places that took me 45 minutes to get to the first I can get back to in under 5 now

Goty

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Follow That Fish! posted:

I'd like to play it but I'm burdened by the disadvantage of being European.

Not sure what will be more dire: my feelings playing Bloodborne despite only briefly touching Demon's Souls before or reading the last couple of pages in this thread.
US PSN account and US PSN cards through online retailers. You can even play with your Euro account.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

US PSN account and US PSN cards through online retailers. You can even play with your Euro account.

Yeah, I know, done it a couple of times. Mostly for stuff like Super Mega Baseball that wasn't even released in EU though.

Decided to wait for the physical version with Bloodborne, since I'm not 100% sure it will be my kind of poo poo. The resale value will soften the blow a bit if I can't git gud.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wait, where is Driveclub being sold for 25 bucks?

I bought it through the PSN. They had the upgrade from the PS+ version even though that doesn't exist. Just gives you the full game.
Its really good and if they had released it in the state its in now it would have been much better received. They paid the price for saying its coming out at launch when it was nowhere near ready even when it finally released.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Just remember if you buy any DLC its region locked so US DLC for a US version of the game. Ive been doing this for a while now with no issues.
US account on PSN and Amazon. Buy cards with my visa debit. Saves me a load of cash.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I can't play Bloodborne since I'm writing a thesis and can't justify a new toy until I'm done in like two months. :negative:

Raffles posted:

Bioshock Infinite managed a 94 average.

touche

Though my memory is the backlash for that took a bit of time to get going. I'm wondering if something similar will happen to DA Inquisition which is sitting at 89 and got a very good welcome, but which I've seen complaints about recently.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The PS4 console has the weirdest aesthetic implementation of the power/eject buttons. I bought one used 6 months or so ago and it took me a minute to figure out how to turn the thing on. I thought I was looking for some random zone of touch sensitivity like the PS3 had. Just remembered that when I saw a comment somewhere asking how to eject a disc from PS4.

After some time, the slant look to Ps4 has not really grown on me either, nor the glossy quarter panel. Wonder what the PS4 slim will look like - they've gone in some weird directions since the PS2.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wait, where is Driveclub being sold for 25 bucks?

I can get it used at GameStop (I know) for 25 bucks it looks like.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Peel posted:

I can't play Bloodborne since I'm writing a thesis and can't justify a new toy until I'm done in like two months. :negative:

Hey man, I'm supposed to finish writing a goddamn book in two weeks. If I can do it, you can do it too.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bigsteve posted:

I bought it through the PSN. They had the upgrade from the PS+ version even though that doesn't exist. Just gives you the full game.
Its really good and if they had released it in the state its in now it would have been much better received. They paid the price for saying its coming out at launch when it was nowhere near ready even when it finally released.

It is showing up as $25 for you? Still $50 for me :(

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Electromax posted:

The PS4 console has the weirdest aesthetic implementation of the power/eject buttons. I bought one used 6 months or so ago and it took me a minute to figure out how to turn the thing on. I thought I was looking for some random zone of touch sensitivity like the PS3 had. Just remembered that when I saw a comment somewhere asking how to eject a disc from PS4.

Yeah the buttons are in an extremely weird place, especially if you use it vertically.

I'm just glad they finally made a dualshock that's comfortable with my long mutant fingers.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Raffles posted:

still the reigning game of the year until something good comes out

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Electromax posted:

After some time, the slant look to Ps4 has not really grown on me either, nor the glossy quarter panel. Wonder what the PS4 slim will look like - they've gone in some weird directions since the PS2.

I agree about the buttons but I think I can count the time I've used the ones on the console on one hand.

I don't really mind the slant but it does make the console bigger than it needs to be - you'd be able to get it like 3 cm shorter if it was squared off. I'm more upset that the light is white when it's on instead of blue.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Electromax posted:

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. Spent ten minutes trying to figure out the loving thing. Was in a constant state of :psyduck:

Even now I'm not entirely sure how it all works. Magic, presumably.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Raffles posted:

What's wrong with bioshock infinite :colbert: It's no Fallout New Vegas, but...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bloodborne is pretty cool. I have practically zero exposure to the Souls series. Dying is a fun mechanic because pushing further and further in to retrieve blood echoes is kinda satisfying. I got stomped about a dozen times clearing out the hunting party in Central Yarnham. Once I figured out how to do it, it was very gratifying.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

We have reached the day in which all the bloodborne people should finally gently caress off to their own thread. Praise jesus

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If its any consolation prize, a bunch of us will be talking about Dark Souls II here in about two weeks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah everyone. The guy wants to play his unique panties game in peace.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Syrinxx posted:

We have reached the day in which all the bloodborne people should finally gently caress off to their own thread. Praise jesus

How about you get your own you big baby boy

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hey guys, I'm really feeling the sting of Bloodborne's load times. Would something like this be a wise purchase? A "real" SSD costs like $250 for 480 GB, which is too much for me to afford. http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

CuddlyZombie posted:

Hey guys, I'm really feeling the sting of Bloodborne's load times. Would something like this be a wise purchase? A "real" SSD costs like $250 for 480 GB, which is too much for me to afford. http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

This will make a marginal difference, same as the SSD. The patch will improve load times a bit, but having a bigger drive is always good.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Time to talk about other PS4 marquee exclusives such as Bloodborne, bloodborne and bloodBorne.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Wait for the patch tonight at least (it should be tonight, right? )

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

CuddlyZombie posted:

That's the hybrid drive I have in my PS4. If you're playing mostly a single game (bloodborne) and not constantly loading up different stuff it will cache a good majority of that game to the SSD and should improve load times. When I was binging on Dragon Age the load times improved a lot.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

At least wait until someone does some benchmarking of the load times with the various types of drives.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Syrinxx posted:

My guess is the normal bloodborne thread has too many people experiencing the same thing so their posts dont have that special snowflake appeal they do in this thread. :iiam:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

xxEightxx posted:

My guess is the normal bloodborne thread has too many people experiencing the same thing so their posts dont have that special snowflake appeal they do in this thread. :iiam:
Yeah, probably this, plus the sheer volume of posts there will make everyone think their post is redundant even if it isn't.

Also it's the best game of any kind that's recently been released so of course its influence will be everwhere.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Has anyone played Life is Strange? It's an episodic story thing like the Telltale games. It looks intriguing.

Also, since it's all anyone wants to talk about, do the Demon Souls/Bloodborne games have a storyline? I've never played any of them but it seems all anyone talks about is the combat and the bosses. Is the story line non existent or just random lore scattered about or...?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

abagofcheetos posted:

It is showing up as $25 for you? Still $50 for me :(

It turns out Gamestop is selling Driveclub for $30: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/driveclub/109960

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Has anyone played Life is Strange? It's an episodic story thing like the Telltale games. It looks intriguing.

the first ep is good

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Also, since it's all anyone wants to talk about, do the Demon Souls/Bloodborne games have a storyline? I've never played any of them but it seems all anyone talks about is the combat and the bosses. Is the story line non existent or just random lore scattered about or...?
Lore scattered about, but in a very specific and not random way.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

epitasis posted:

the first ep is good

Cool thanks. I was debating about getting that and the Game of Thrones Telltale game.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Lore scattered about, but in a very specific and not random way.

Ahh ok. Thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The regular bloodborne thread is moving so fast it's useless. We'll probably keep talking about it here. Sorry deadpool.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
A Souls Game Subforum

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

abagofcheetos posted:

A Souls Game Subforum

Kewpuh please make this, and also make this the background of games TIA

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

abagofcheetos posted:

A Souls Game Subforum
Just change the title of this forum to the Souls forum and make a new subforum for non-Souls chat.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Guys reviews don't mean anything, they just help nerdy guys into video games get paid based on their opinions, and help people who were going to buy a game buy it and reinforce their purchase and help people who weren't going to to parade a number around as their reason for not buying.

Also re; Bioshock infinite scores.
If I only had time to play the first third to half of the game I'd give it a high score too, it left a wonderful impression. Felt like things would get interesting and you'd actually interact with things and kill things in interesting ways and get an interesting story.

Everything after especially just the story of the two dlcs after, would ruin all of that.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I really dig it as of the first episode. It's refreshingly grounded compared to Telltale's stuff despite the time rewind power. The first episode is mostly teen life drama with some hints of a darker underlying plot.

quote:

A big theme of the Souls games is that a lot of things have already happened before the player arrived those stories are there to piece together should you wish But thetee optional to enjoying the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Obsurveyor posted:

At least wait until someone does some benchmarking of the load times with the various types of drives.

I remember seeing some for other games and the faster load times seemed like a very, very small improvement -- it differed from game to game but the biggest improvements were only 2-3 seconds. I guess if you die a lot that could add up in Bloodborne though!

• Locked thread