Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, top loading is dumb on something that tall, you have to pull it out of the entertainment center to open and switch disks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
And the power button was in a silly place. It was also completely indestructible and had a cool disk eject button and a handle and rubber feet that takes into account how you would pick the system up by the handle.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I liked how it looked like something other than a fancy DVD player.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I like how the Gamecube's original color was purple. I like when there's choice in color on a console in general though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

All Frogs posted:

I like how the Gamecube's original color was purple. I like when there's choice in color on a console in general though.

Excuse me it was indigo and they had black too, c'mon now.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Louisgod posted:

Excuse me it was indigo and they had black too, c'mon now.

Is indigo another word for purple?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The platinum gamecube that came with Metroid Prime was ridiculously pretty.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

All Frogs posted:

Is indigo another word for purple?

n-no.. you see, we didn't exact-per se.. purchase, a purple console, it was definitely indigo. Yeah, it was not purple. Not purple.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Toploading is not exactly ideal for a disc-based console, but the GCN got away with it because the build-quality is golden-age Nintendo good. The PS2 (any iteration, really) felt positively flimsy in comparison.

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!

Purple Monkey posted:

Ive recently put a new larger SD card in my 3DS XL and I keep getting "The SD card has been removed" error messages in the middle of games. Is there a fix possible for it or do I have to get a new SD card because there's a problem with it? I'm using a Sandisk 32GB SDHC card btw

This makes me nervous. I've got the same card and I just installed it this weekend.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

why do you like this terrible color scheme

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Louisgod posted:

n-no.. you see, we didn't exact-per se.. purchase, a purple console, it was definitely indigo. Yeah, it was not purple. Not purple.

Weird. Mine's just purple.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sade posted:

Toploading is not exactly ideal for a disc-based console, but the GCN got away with it because the build-quality is golden-age Nintendo good

I'm confused, we're still in the golden age of Nintendo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

forbidden lesbian posted:

pumpkin pie tastes pretty good

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

That's just what you color safety equipment.

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The pumpkin spice GCN is delicious, you spoon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I like the orange because Japan liked orange.

Also, it's ROY G BIV, not ROY G BPV. Get with it, idiots.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

pumpkin pie tastes pretty good

the byob agreed smiley

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

All my consoles are black including my Gamecube and Dreamcast and I am glad of it.

Actually my 3DS is red but a black option was not available at the time.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I only got the MM XL in hopes that Nintendo releases the black regular here and I can just swap for it + have enough to buy a videogam.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I only got the black WiiU because it came with the charging dock and the extra game and larger space, I would gladly pick another color otherwise. Life is too utilitarian sometimes.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The black n3dsxl is really nice.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
So I guess GameStop is getting a restock of the MM new3DS XL. Each store is supposed to get 4 tomorrow. I called my local store and they're holding one for me. So... if ya want one. Give them a call!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I have a black gamecube, but I got one of those sticker decal templates and instead of printing anything on it I just slapped it on plain.

Now I have a white gamecube with black trim :c00l:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The cool kids had the platinum gamecube

With limited edition platinum Wavebirds

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Both of my platinum wavebirds are finally giving out after 10ish years of service. Sad to see them go, but they're on their last legs. :(

Also, one of my ex roommates snatched one of mine when he moved out and left me with his lovely one with a scuffed face and a broken battery cover latch.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
So Shin Megami Tensei IV is pretty cool. I picked it and Soul Hackers up during the sale, never having played a SMT game before, and I'm really digging the mix of a medieval setting with futuristic technology. It's hard as gently caress though, I must have died half a dozen times in the training area before I summoned enough demons to fill out my party and help me defend myself. I really like the distinct voices the demons have, too; one of them accused me of being a pimp when I tried to convince him to join me by promising him opportunities to meet lady demons.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The rear end Stooge posted:

So Shin Megami Tensei IV is pretty cool. I picked it and Soul Hackers up during the sale, never having played a SMT game before, and I'm really digging the mix of a medieval setting with futuristic technology. It's hard as gently caress though, I must have died half a dozen times in the training area before I summoned enough demons to fill out my party and help me defend myself. I really like the distinct voices the demons have, too; one of them accused me of being a pimp when I tried to convince him to join me by promising him opportunities to meet lady demons.

The difficulty is really frontloaded in SMT IV. After the first major area it gets much easier.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

EDIT: I thought this was the SMT megathread, what the hell.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 24, 2015

blackjack
May 22, 2004

When are we going to start getting some sweet, crazy new colors in non-New 3DS Land?

(I know these were regular LL / XL colors. I'm just saying.)

I love my Zelda 3DS XL, so it's going to take something fancy for me to upgrade...besides Xenoblade.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Those look awesome, especially the turquoise. It's a shame the new 3DS didn't come in colors like that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

blackjack posted:

When are we going to start getting some sweet, crazy new colors in non-New 3DS Land?
when do we ever get the limited edition japan colors? pretty much never

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't know why Nintendo limited clear colored plastic to the 2DS with Pokemon. The fact that I can't buy all my Nintendo stuff in translucent electric purple bums me out.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
drat I want that orange and black one, but I can't afford to buy a new (old) 3DS right now. :(

blackjack
May 22, 2004

SRM posted:

I don't know why Nintendo limited clear colored plastic to the 2DS with Pokemon. The fact that I can't buy all my Nintendo stuff in translucent electric purple bums me out.

I want it to match my loving GBC and N64 controllers.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

People say that the translucent plastic can't have as much plasticizer in it or it wouldn't look clear, making it too brittle for hinges or something. Dunno if that's true or not.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nintendo not releasing a translucent purple one is the one thing I will never forgive them for.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

... where the hell did you find a orange GBA player?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

noirstronaut posted:

Nintendo not releasing a translucent purple one is the one thing I will never forgive them for.

God drat old Nintendo stuff makes me glad I don't buy video games for new consoles anymore. Does anyone know if there's a single game still online or anything I can do with the Gamecube ethernet adapter? Right now the thing is mostly just a Twilight Princess and gameboy game playing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... where the hell did you find a orange GBA player?

Japan.