Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Also prolonged beatdowns is just a small scuffle between guilds and its no problem.

yeah going out of your way to torture someone needlessly, no harm no foul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Monaghan posted:

yeah going out of your way to torture someone needlessly, no harm no foul.

It's not like this is anything new or unusual, Gajeel beat up three Fairy Tail members and chained them to a tree and now he's partners with one of them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I wonder how hard Natsu is going to have to friendship punch Grey to make him not evil anymore.

I've got good money down on it being a 5 on the Nanoha scale.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Horrible Taste posted:

It's not like this is anything new or unusual, Gajeel beat up three Fairy Tail members and chained them to a tree and now he's partners with one of them.

Beat up < chain to tree(Gajeel) < near drowning (Minerva to Lucy) < torture (Minerva to Milliana) < ???

Its forgiveness creep. You know, like power creep but with forgiving worse and worse things.

Actually, I wouldn't mind Lucy forgiving if Milliana was like :catstare: later on.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Whenever they beat Zeref or decurse him or wahtever (taking bets on the curse itself being a big evil bigbad that replaces its "vessel") they'll forgive him despite the fact hes apparently a walking genocide machine

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Whenever they beat Zeref or decurse him or wahtever (taking bets on the curse itself being a big evil bigbad that replaces its "vessel") they'll forgive him despite the fact hes apparently a walking genocide machine

Well you see it's not like he wanted to be a walking genocide machine. Also peak forgiveness creep will probably be Natsu forgiving Acnologia after he beats it and it turns into a busty anime girl.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Have they resolved Arcologia's gender or pre-draconic form yet? Because I could totally see that if they haven't yet.

Probably pops out naked and on fire, too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh poo poo... I just saw the description of the upcoming episode.

Two words: Ichiya Virus

This will be either really fantastic or really bad. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Have they resolved Arcologia's gender or pre-draconic form yet? Because I could totally see that if they haven't yet.

Probably pops out naked and on fire, too.

I mean if the end of Fairy Tail is a nude fist fight between two people who are on fire then sign me up.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rodyle posted:

I mean if the end of Fairy Tail is a nude fist fight between two people who are on fire then sign me up.
I think that's the climax of the Gary on Natsu brawl, except it's going to be ice vs fire so they'll steam everything up.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Chapter 426

So one of the Avatar members is a secret traitor, but it's totally not Gray because he's way too eeeeviiiiil.

And so much for Ultear dying at the end of the Grand Magic Games arc. I guess she's still an old woman?

I hope Juvia recovers before this arc ends, it'd be a waste if she sat out the whole time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gajeel is back and that's all that really matters. gently caress everyone else I just want my Iron Dragon Slayer.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Zogundar posted:

Chapter 426

So one of the Avatar members is a secret traitor, but it's totally not Gray because he's way too eeeeviiiiil.

And so much for Ultear dying at the end of the Grand Magic Games arc. I guess she's still an old woman?

I hope Juvia recovers before this arc ends, it'd be a waste if she sat out the whole time.

Ultear only ever said that she was trading her time away, not that she was dying immediately. It has only been one year, and old people in anime tend to live forever anyhow. (Isn't makarov like 130?)

Ten to One says that one of the two Avatar members in masks is actually Jura As the spy

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 31, 2015

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Huh, of all the people to be aligned with the Council. Who'd have thought Gajeel?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, it does give him a good excuse to go out and beat the poo poo out of strong guilds all day long I suppose. And he does have a history of working undercover for Makarov that probably put him in good standing too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's not like there was really a whole lot of council left.

Also I want everyone in Avatar to actually be a spy and not actually evil except for Gray.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

It's not like there was really a whole lot of council left.

Also I want everyone in Avatar to actually be a spy and not actually evil except for Gray.

I really don't want Gray to be evil, Sasuke sucked enough in the first manga, he doesn't need to poo poo up this one too

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Only Sasuke could ruin a manga he's not even in.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I do like that Gray is so obsessed with doing a good thing that it's made him evil. And that after explaining exactly what he's there for, the rest of the guild commented on how evil he was.

He's looking for a goddamn evil book to destroy. What the gently caress is wrong with you, Avatar? That's not loving evil. Your whole thing is worshiping Zerif and Gray just said he's all about wrecking up a specific piece of Zerif work.

Avatar is the worst bad guy group ever.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
But revenge is always EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Gyges posted:

Turns out they aren't mages, they're just a bunch of deluded cosplayers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

I do like that Gray is so obsessed with doing a good thing that it's made him evil. And that after explaining exactly what he's there for, the rest of the guild commented on how evil he was.

He's looking for a goddamn evil book to destroy. What the gently caress is wrong with you, Avatar? That's not loving evil. Your whole thing is worshiping Zerif and Gray just said he's all about wrecking up a specific piece of Zerif work.

Honestly thinking these guys are waaaaay too affable to actually be evil right now

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Anyone here watch the anime? They recently finished with filler and started the Sun Village arc. Immediately after the last filler episode, I'd swear everything starting with the preview for the next episode(s) suddenly had a different look to it. Everything looks faded or washed out or something.

Chapters 427 & 428
Well that escalated quickly (And de-escalated just as quickly.) For a minute there I thought Mashima was having a "Let's go ride bikes" moment where he'd already gotten bored of the latest rogue's gallery and was ready to wrap things up.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gyges posted:

Isn't he just looking for Natsu himself and doesn't know it?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, something along those lines.

I mean it's fairy tail so the end result will be stupid but won't labor the point.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Fairy Tail is pretty much about brainless spectacle, fanservice, and whack character designs.

I'm bummed the dragons all died because Mashima draws pretty kickass dragons.

I've tried reading Fairy Tail a few times through and my brain literally refuses to remember it outside of like a few spreads and like...2-3 actually well-written sad moments? It's like the Transformers movies.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hey now nobody's gonna mention Gajeel and Levy are still together?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Huh it seems like pantherliy can stay in his hulked out form full time.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Monaghan posted:

Huh it seems like pantherliy can stay in his hulked out form full time.
He better, Ive hated how useless he's been. He's been pretty boring since Edolas but he's still the best cat.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
good to see Lucy is still 100% useless

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Simoom posted:

good to see Lucy is still 100% useless

She's going to be the new guild master and I refuse to believe otherwise even after it ends up being Natsu.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
the timeskip's only purpose was to make Natsu even better at punching and give him a Sasuke. Lucy spent a year doing whatever, gets promptly sidelined by a tummyache and turned into a hostage. Wendy spends a year doing whatever, gets rescued by Natsu and stays home

i know its fairy tail, but it could dial it back a bit.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The author just sucks at suspense or whatever the poo poo he is doing half the time.

Chapter goes from sneaking around to full metal in a few pages but then goes down the same old route: FOR FRIENDSHIP RARARWER.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
So how strong is Natsu anyway? Gildartz seemed pretty evenly matched with Bluenote, but after the timeskip Natsu completely stomps him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

sharktamer posted:

So how strong is Natsu anyway? Gildartz seemed pretty evenly matched with Bluenote, but after the timeskip Natsu completely stomps him.
Who knows how power works in this series. Gildartz is literally a clump of organs held together by anime bandages because he got torn up by the dragon thing and during the intermission chapter where Natsu traveled they sparred and Natsu was happy about just punching him once.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Simoom posted:

the timeskip's only purpose was to make Natsu even better at punching and give him a Sasuke. Lucy spent a year doing whatever, gets promptly sidelined by a tummyache and turned into a hostage. Wendy spends a year doing whatever, gets rescued by Natsu and stays home

i know its fairy tail, but it could dial it back a bit.

At least he'll fix his Sasuke up in 3 or 4 chapters, not drag it out for 400 odd chapters and then resolve it in the most wet fart manner possible.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

tsob posted:

At least he'll fix his Sasuke up in 3 or 4 chapters, not drag it out for 400 odd chapters and then resolve it in the most wet fart manner possible.

If you like your consistency Fairy Tail is it since nothing hardly ever changes. How many times has Makarov retired, quit, or presumably been in too bad of shape to be guildmaster now?*

*Makarov is like one of the only really cool characters though so in this case I'm glad he's always around

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Fairy Tail has tons of good characters. Other than generic shonen man Natsu, I actually like the big hitters of the cast.

It's just that when the author sits down to work, his priority isn't 'Show Erza getting into sweet action' or 'Show Juvia not being pooped on' it's "How can I have Wendy grope Juvia's tits?"

I would seriously wager money the entire Juvia fever was concocted weeks ago just for that one scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sharktamer posted:

Natusu is exactly as strong as whoever he's punching is being mean to his friends. Which is why he rarely wins intra-guild brawls, there's no friendship in jeopardy.

• Locked thread