Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Anybody on able to send an invite to Caz'Tor? Decided to dust off my assassin and holy balls is hatred an absolute blast while leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bombogenesis posted:

Anybody on able to send an invite to Caz'Tor? Decided to dust off my assassin and holy balls is hatred an absolute blast while leveling all the time.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Wat...

This is what I get when I try start the setup.exe. Google hasn't yielded much success other then to make a partition (not happening) on the drive.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Change the install path to somewhere out of Program Files X86 maybe?

Check free space?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I don't have the option to change install path. I think its extracting. It gives me an option after I hit abort to try in compatability settings but that still doesn't work either.

Plenty of HD space.

Win 8.1 if it matters.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
This is the link I downloaded

https://swtor-a.akamaihd.net/installer/SWTOR_setup.exe

I run it in admin mode and I always get this error. Tried removing the read only option in users but nothing.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Is that the exact same file as what's currently available here?

http://patchnotes.swtor.com/SWTOR_setup.exe

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I dunno wtf...

I updated windows and it worked. I doubt the update did poo poo but it works so whatever.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

So it turns out that levelling an Assassin tank is actually a lot of fun (I've never played a tank in any MMO before so I didn't really know what to expect). Tank plus decent AOE threat / damage really takes the edge off of the (seemingly endless) bonus "kill 45 [random mob]" quests, not to mention the mini bosses.

I've also been playing around with a Shadow, mainly for the dialogue kicks that come with going 100% dark side.

Questgiver: "But you *must* do something - thousands of innocent people will die if the machines aren't repaired!"

Jedi: "Death is a natural part of the Force" :smug:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Can someone /spoiler what we know about the upcoming Rise of the Emperor stuff? Is it just that Ziost is coming, probably as a daily area, and the Emperor 'is there'?

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Can someone /spoiler what we know about the upcoming Rise of the Emperor stuff? Is it just that Ziost is coming, probably as a daily area, and the Emperor 'is there'?

From what I've read, he's mind-controlled everyone on Ziost, including some special cadre of Jedi, and it's up to Lana Beniko, Theron Shan and Scooby Doo to foil his rascally plans again

Ok I'm lying about Scooby but now I wish I wasn't

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tentacles posted:

From what I've read, he's mind-controlled everyone on Ziost, including some special cadre of Jedi, and it's up to Lana Beniko, Theron Shan and Scooby Doo to foil his rascally plans again

Ok I'm lying about Scooby but now I wish I wasn't

"Rose aren't the rroids you're rooking for heee heeee heeee"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

new playable scooby doo race

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

So do I have to do anything special to get rewards for being referred? I saw I get a few neat things on the site, does it just take time? Or do I need to UPGRADE NOW to a sub? I only had a title and some space suits in my mailbox.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

effectual posted:

Kotor 2 was just "nuh-uh, jedi are totally idiots" the game. Story was boring poo poo and maps and gameplay were better in kotor 1. If I didn't know better I'd think Karen Traviss wrote it.

lol :getout:

Also being an rear end in a top hat male smuggler is awesome

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 23, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sheikh Djibouti posted:

So it turns out that levelling an Assassin tank is actually a lot of fun (I've never played a tank in any MMO before so I didn't really know what to expect). Tank plus decent AOE threat / damage really takes the edge off of the (seemingly endless) bonus "kill 45 [random mob]" quests, not to mention the mini bosses.

I've also been playing around with a Shadow, mainly for the dialogue kicks that come with going 100% dark side.

Questgiver: "But you *must* do something - thousands of innocent people will die if the machines aren't repaired!"

Jedi: "Death is a natural part of the Force" :smug:

I did level 50-53 as hatred and went back to madness. I just prefer the tank. But then again I played as a madness assassin up to valor 69 before I quit playing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

I did level 50-53 as hatred and went back to madness. I just prefer the tank. But then again I played as a madness assassin up to valor 69 before I quit playing.

Madness is the old name for the Hatred Discipline. I think you mean Darkness (tank)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

Madness is the old name for the Hatred Discipline. I think you mean Darkness (tank)

Hey man, its been 2 years. I have memory problems. At least I called it the right class this time ><

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I played around a bit yesterday and got my sniper to 60 and ran some dailies on my merc.

I know I've said it before, but I just need to reiterate: The solo Revan fight is absolutely miserable. I don't know how someone signed off on that being a fun piece of content that would serve as the capstone for an expansion. Between glowing orbs, force choke, and saber throw knockdown, you spend about 80% of the fight not fighting Revan.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I didn't mind the orbs so much but, yeah, the amount of cc/mezz thrown at you in that fight is bullshit. Yeah, I sure feel like the Dark Council member/Hand of the Emperor/general badass I am sitting here on my rear end.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's supposed to feel like an Ops fight but it really doesn't. Except in length.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

I didn't mind the orbs so much but, yeah, the amount of cc/mezz thrown at you in that fight is bullshit. Yeah, I sure feel like the Dark Council member/Hand of the Emperor/general badass I am sitting here on my rear end.

Yeah i don't mind moving around and actually paying attention to mechanics--that's actually quite refreshing in a solo fight. But there's way too many unavoidable "you've been stunned and aren't in control of your character" moments. That isn't fun!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yep, my strategy for that fight quickly became "deal with orbs when the time comes, browse Internet until it's time and let companion go to town" Which is a shame because the fight genuinely starts pretty epic, with the combining of forces and all that fun stuff.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Made a sith inquis called Taaii. Can't do a lot social wise I think since I'm waiting on my validation email to buy a few dollars of space bux to get preferred status.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Is the Mekab story really as short as I think it is? I barely got to level 54 and now I'm basically stuck doing dailies and stage quests. Is this normal?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
It is and ho boy is it terrible. Just do some Black Hole/Section X dailies to catch up. Don't worry about the weekly/heroic 4s in those zones unless there is a group you see forming.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Medullah posted:

Yep, my strategy for that fight quickly became "deal with orbs when the time comes, browse Internet until it's time and let companion go to town" Which is a shame because the fight genuinely starts pretty epic, with the combining of forces and all that fun stuff.

interrupt the force chokes via disrupt/disabling shot

You can avoid the saber throw sometimes. It's mitigatable.

It's still a boring fight after the first time. Feels too long.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Probably being dumb but does anyone have an email for support I can contact. I refuse to pay stupid prices per minute because I need to speak to an English speaking high school dropout (I live in France so stupid charges).

tl;dr, my email address won't validate despite trying 20 odd times.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
France: 04 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 09:00 CET - 21:00 CET)

This was listed in the Customer Service FAQ, no e-mail that I could find.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Only tangentially related to SWTOR: Some dude hand made a Japanese-style short animated film based on the TIE Fighter games. 7 mins of neat animation and weird music choices await you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Support@swtor.com

Failing that, call generic EA support and let them forward you to bioware?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Y

Tai posted:

Probably being dumb but does anyone have an email for support I can contact. I refuse to pay stupid prices per minute because I need to speak to an English speaking high school dropout (I live in France so stupid charges).

tl;dr, my email address won't validate despite trying 20 odd times.

you can actually Skype them for free, too.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Turns out the french support spoke English anyway so happy days.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Only tangentially related to SWTOR: Some dude hand made a Japanese-style short animated film based on the TIE Fighter games. 7 mins of neat animation and weird music choices await you!

I just saw this. The guy spent 4 years drawing this himself.

It's pretty hype.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

This man is how you can save Robotech and make it relevant again. Holy poo poo.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The guy's dedicated to his work. He did a Doctor Who one as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y

The Star Wars one was better, though.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Hulk Smash! posted:

This rules so hard and I would kill a toddler for a modern Tie Fighter remake

Cereal Connoisseur
Jun 29, 2011
Looking to do some hard modes on my sorc now that im level 60 and decently geared, would love an invite for Yamaraj

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

So how do the packs work? I see lots of cool looking items in them, are they basically booster packs (aka :homebrew: ) you can buy for cosmetic-y stuff? Do older ones come back and get rotated out, or are they only available for a limited time forever? It looks like the store has deals that change weekly, so that's cool.

Kind of excited for the Outfit Designer coming next patch, so I've been holding onto anything that looks even remotely neat.

Edit: Holy poo poo that video. :stare: That owns so hard, I only just now had a chance to watch it.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Westy543 posted:

So how do the packs work? I see lots of cool looking items in them, are they basically booster packs (aka :homebrew: ) you can buy for cosmetic-y stuff? Do older ones come back and get rotated out, or are they only available for a limited time forever? It looks like the store has deals that change weekly, so that's cool.

Kind of excited for the Outfit Designer coming next patch, so I've been holding onto anything that looks even remotely neat.

Edit: Holy poo poo that video. :stare: That owns so hard, I only just now had a chance to watch it.

The packs are pure gambling. You have a miniscule chance of getting one of the really cool items. If you buy a hypercrate you MIGHT get lucky. But if there's a specific item in a pack that you want, you're gong to be better off buying it from the GTN. The ultra rare items usually are between 5-10 million when the pack comes out and go up from there as they age. Very rarely they'll release the uncommon items as "embargoed items" that you can buy from a Cartel vendor with the right reputation and cartel certificates.

• Locked thread