Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wait, it's working now even though I did nothing different at all

Weird!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Been busy with school lately, they announced the new DX:

EF:
Blue Destiny Unit 3, 340 cost Assault, Ground/Space capable, EXAM system enhanced further as well as no penalties that the 320 cost EXAM suits get

GM Night Seeker II, 320 cost Support, Ground only

Dual repair guns, supposed to have near instant revive potential

Anti Stealth radar... because Zeon runs lots of Goggs and Nacht rats :laugh:. Honestly I think this will hurt the zeon rat game on some maps though. Typical support radar more cost effective otherwise.

This GM has a module that makes it immune to minofvsky interference just like the assault version.

Zeon:
Blue Destiny Unit 2, 340 cost Assault, Ground/Space capable, EXAM System enhanced in a different way: Two stages, one is constantly used and has no time limit, the other gives a massive increase in performance but has the penalties that 320 cost EXAM suits have.

Same dual wield stance as Ifrit Kai (Nimbus was still the pilot after all I guess)

Both Blue Destinies should have wire guided missiles(Room for 2 to fire at once), with EXAM turned on it's easily got knockdown potential. I want at least 2 gold ones of these.

Zaku Flipper, 320 cost Support, Ground/Space capable

Dual repair guns, supposed to have near instant revive potential... maybe you can save Zock?!? :laugh:

This Zaku has a module that displays any enemies in front of it on radar continuously, plays like having constant radar up in front of you.

E: The real next DX

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 21, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
poo poo,

I made the mistake of upgrading to new Mudfish and I cant figure anything out the game wont work anymore.

E:

Got it!

Was something really stupid.

OKay so anyways I learned something due to my zaku I army today.
The default gun has a lock on of 1000.

Holy poo poo lock on of 1000 is godly accurate. Except too much.

My new quest in life is to find units with rapid fire guns I can do actual damage with that can get upped to about 950 lock on.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 24, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Is mudfish broken or some poo poo?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Viva Miriya posted:

Is mudfish broken or some poo poo?

it works. GMO 1 is having a diarreah bout.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland posted:

it works. GMO 1 is having a diarreah bout.

much like your posting aghaghaghagha

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
Thanks to KACHO for teaching me how to play this game: :vince: :vince: :vince:

Also, wouldn't it be cool if all the Gundam protagonists were girls/young women? (I'm sorry for bringing my fantasies into MSGO)

On another note, getting a Zaku 1 Sniper to hit A on Texas Colony is pretty hilarious.

Anyways, I'll be currently praying that our DX is actually good because god knows Zeon needs good units. Gato and Delaz will probably just laugh at me for doing that to these Feddie biased developers though. :ughh:

LynetteHimeko fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 25, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
:3:

New DX is out.

BD2 melees like ifrit custom and can get a 3 stage boost attack. Twin wire guided missiles confirmed, looking forward to scoring knockdowns with these with EXAM up.

E: Zaku Recon flipper gets incendiary grenades and net grenades too, hilarious
E2: Holy poo poo, that revive really is instantaneous, happens so fast it was hard to catch it in the video but its there, at 0:32 and 1:10

E3:

BD2 slower on paper, but with the passive and active EXAM comes out ahead in mobility(+24 higher speed than shown).
BD2's shield beam coated too, BD3's isn't.

E4:

Fished out 2 gold BD2s(80 DX out of my 130), one beam shooter one combat custom. Gonna get a lot of value out of these guys.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 25, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
THE MACHINE RESPONDS TO ME! Muahahahaha what kind of beam gun does it get? Standard FA?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
FUN FACTS:

Range on flipper revive sucks. You have to press your face to their rear end which means you either miss 50% of the time or die from feddies.

The radar does not give you any points.

You do not get dual repair guns.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 25, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Yeah the unit is trash a 320 worker with none of the point making abiltiies.

The paddles are lovely as gently caress hard to use and feddies blow up corpses anyways.

The repair gun is nice.... but for 320 useless.

Also being in the unit makes you a HUGE target. They love kililng this unit cause they know its a huge time sink for little rturn. Their unit as far as I can tell gets dual heal pistols dual guns and revive. It looks a lot more mobile too.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Something's don't change I suppose.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Something's don't change I suppose.

in good news I learned that gelgoog M and Gabaldy Alpha are the best units in the game because of their Type H weaponry.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I feel like Char now that i'm getting kill streaks of 5-10 with the zaku I.

This is simply too fun.

Also Kacho we have guys who need in if you can get them invited.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."

It's always hilarious when this glitch doesn't ruin you by not letting you use the weapon at all. Fun to see my heat hawk melee with a bazooka attached to it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
only got 7 DX tickets for some reason on the boards :saddowns:

not sure as I was top 100 for several categories.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
There is some kind of special 6v6 game thing going on? I'm not sure cant read it.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

Al Borland posted:

There is some kind of special 6v6 game thing going on? I'm not sure cant read it.

I'm sure you know by now, but it's just more rewards for top 250 in 6v6.

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/member/information/article.php?no=1170&tag=Events

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LynetteHimeko posted:

I'm sure you know by now, but it's just more rewards for top 250 in 6v6.

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/member/information/article.php?no=1170&tag=Events

yeah. Oh well nothin too fancy. just a DX ticket.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
really diggin the gigan.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New GP Gasha next week:

EF: GM Striker (Nemesis team) and Guncannon Heavy weapons type

Zeon: Gyan EOS and Gelgoog Zebra Cannon(Shelling)

EOS is by no means top tier, but it's performed unexpectedly better than many other suits for me. May as well get it up to combat custom 5.

Captured suits volume 3 will be out as well. Bolded what I thought was interesting.
EF:

Oggo, Zaku II JC Support, Zaku II Recon (become a radar equipped), Gogg (Comes with shotgun and torpedoes), Zogok, Juagg(full explosive loadout), and Rick Dom I

Zeon:

Ball, Ground Type GM Support, GM Sloop(become a sonar radar equipped), Armour Enhanced GM(Top speed rivals Dom, Comes with shotgun) , GM Striker (Press F to swap between spear and halberd mode, Goodbye Power GM:japan:), Aqua Gundam Heavy and Assault versions.

New "Low cost" warfare mode in the incoming weeks. Goodbye federation top tier :laugh:

April 8 to 15 is 280 cost and below only.
April 15 to 22 is 320 cost and below only.

Hope everyone brought good grunts!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 4, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Good grunts: Gigan with 8800 dmg bazooka and machine gun 100 time on it tons of HP speed and boost.

Silver versions work fine.

Zaku 2 F2 sturmfaust funaplaooza.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I will play the gently caress out of some low cost. Low cost battles are so much fun.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Hit level 7 proficiency on the Blue Destiny 2 duo, rolled master tickets came out pretty well.

Suit is strong in a fight but EXAM means you commit hard to fronts since no homing ability.

Gonna have to build up a grunt platoon for next week, been pretty much playing top tier suits (340+) in this game for a long time :laugh:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 5, 2015

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

I love how the best Zeon admirals can outperform the Feddie Fred rats if they try really hard. Sadly, the Fred can carry them through a lot of maps easily compared to the Nacht.

Still, gotta love the joy of Zeon loyalty.

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015
Just reading some of your guy's experiences alone has gotten me hyped to try this game. I've already made an account and now I just need to wait for it to finish download. I have to decide which faction I want to play. I've always like Zeon because they have cool uniforms, cool mechs, etc. But, I really want to play federation so I can have me a gundam.. Ugh, choices.

Do you guy's have any recommendations for a first pick? Am I able to play both sides for free on the same account?

Either way, I can't wait to play with you all in game!

Cyrene_ fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 20, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
all zakus all the time

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Third World Reggin posted:

all zakus all the time

This.

Zaku 1 get the H version of its machine gun and level the lock on feature to about 950. Then start leveling damage. You'll destroy most newbies with your extreme accuracy. I recommend only running the tommy gun for faster mobility, recharge, and speed.

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015
I guess I ran into another wall. Can anyone explain the meaning of this?

I also skipped the data pathing part in the guide, so maybe that might have something to do with it. Does anyone have any advice?

Edit: Got the ./data into my shortcut. Then I suddenly ran into another problem. If I log in, the game loads and then flashes white and I'm back at the log in screen with no japanese text coming up and saying anything about it. Wtfast is turned on, I have it in compatibility mode. Maybe I should try to run it with mudfish, but otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Cyrene_ fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 21, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Respect the robot

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Cyrene_ posted:

I guess I ran into another wall. Can anyone explain the meaning of this?

I also skipped the data pathing part in the guide, so maybe that might have something to do with it. Does anyone have any advice?

Edit: Got the ./data into my shortcut. Then I suddenly ran into another problem. If I log in, the game loads and then flashes white and I'm back at the log in screen with no japanese text coming up and saying anything about it. Wtfast is turned on, I have it in compatibility mode. Maybe I should try to run it with mudfish, but otherwise I'm out of ideas.

what WTFast server are you using? Probably one that doesnt work.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hey can we keep the GM Guard Custom unlocked as our feddie suit. I took that poo poo out for a spin and that shield+|everything is stupid. Even the machineguns are good when you realize you never are open to eat an unexpected bazooka. LONG AS YOU KEEP THAT SHIELD UP YOU GOOD. Also can we keep it max upgraded too?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

Hey can we keep the GM Guard Custom unlocked as our feddie suit. I took that poo poo out for a spin and that shield+|everything is stupid. Even the machineguns are good when you realize you never are open to eat an unexpected bazooka. LONG AS YOU KEEP THAT SHIELD UP YOU GOOD. Also can we keep it max upgraded too?

I can buy it for a few weeks if someone is using it, the upgrades are just random when you unlock it per week though, so it's all luck based.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Unusual posted:

I can buy it for a few weeks if someone is using it, the upgrades are just random when you unlock it per week though, so it's all luck based.

I use it so pls hook it up.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Just rolled a gold zaku marine that has the underwater armor trait. Do the defensive modules all stack cause I'm gonna get Underwater Armor maxed out, Explosive armor maxed out, and devote the rest of the slots to I guess lock on stuff or shield breaking. If it stacks looking at a potential of 25% resistance just being underwater and another 10% on top if I have the right armor mods on for that damage type.

edit: my underwater deck is looking like a Gold Z'Gok with beam shooter and 3 gold zaku marines, one of which has rocket shooter 5, the other has rocket shooter 3 and the one i'm talking about ^ has underwater armor 3. I think it could be pretty devastating since I'm good with these particular suits.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 26, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Sounds reasonable. I'd go gogg for tanky underwater things though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Al Borland posted:

Sounds reasonable. I'd go gogg for tanky underwater things though.

I mean I'm making lemonade out of lemons. I always get Zaku marine blueprints so I can max out things easily just by playing gashacon. Thats how i got 2 zaku 2Fs with rocket shooter V. They hit harder than my dom tropen (for now).

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015

Al Borland posted:

what WTFast server are you using? Probably one that doesnt work.

That was my problem, thank you. I finally got it running after like weeks of trying. drat, I'm having a nice Sunday for once.

Could I get an invite for the team? My player name is Cyre.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Cyrene_ posted:

Could I get an invite for the team? My player name is Cyre.

You have to apply for a clan in this game, it doesn't let you straight up invite people. I mailed you the apply thing, you can still apply to a clan that's full, I'll kick a player and let you in once you've applied

Also, new DX is coming out soon. I"ll post details about that soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrene_
Apr 16, 2015
Alright, I've applied and thanks!

I'm really enjoying this game so far, I can now live out my fantasies as a mobile suit pilot.

Cyrene_ fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 27, 2015

• Locked thread