Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Grunkle Piccolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Why is SSG Gogeta impossible? Acknowledging the limited fusion time, that's not something impossible, just a super strict time limit that means it probably wouldn't win, but the event itself isn't impossible.

It's impossible because you need 5 sayians. They don't have enough sayians to turn Gogeta into SSG. Also, one can't turn SSG before hand because the two warriors must be of equal power when they fuse. If Goku is SSG, then Goku and Vegeta can't fuse.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Covok posted:

It's impossible because you need 5 sayians. They don't have enough sayians to turn Gogeta into SSG. Also, one can't turn SSG before hand because the two warriors must be of equal power when they fuse. If Goku is SSG, then Goku and Vegeta can't fuse.

Well as Bulma said they would have enough if they could get Tarble from space.

It's funny how even when he's a full good guy Vegeta is still dooming Earth.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Covok posted:

So, they have to wait till Bra is born?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

e X posted:

So, they have to wait till Bra is born?

No, because...

mycot posted:

Well as Bulma said they would have enough if they could get Tarble from space.

It's funny how even when he's a full good guy Vegeta is still dooming Earth.

...that. If they get Tarble, it can work. Or, they wait till Bra is conceived.

Also, I forget, is Bra in the epilouge or a GT creation?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guys, hear me out here.

What they do is they get the dragonballs.

And they wish back Radditz.

Boom.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Guys, hear me out here.

Boom.

You just really want your Uncle Radditz idea to become real, don't you? It's Ok, I want it to happen too!

Also, isn't it hosed up that Vegeta killed Nappa and said "He gave him a warrior's death," but then, when he is left in a state just as bad as, if not worse than, Nappa, he begs for his life, IIRC?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Raxivace posted:

If we get these new movies ever get the point where Pan is able to actually fight people, I totally want her using the Special Beam Cannon.

Kinda wanna hear baby talk versions of attacks.

Pebble Bee Canna
Cammy Yammy Ya

:3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

You just really want your Uncle Radditz idea to become real, don't you? It's Ok, I want it to happen too!

I do. :smith:

Covok posted:

Also, isn't it hosed up that Vegeta killed Nappa and said "He gave him a warrior's death," but then, when he is left in a state just as bad as, if not worse than, Nappa, he begs for his life, IIRC?

Vegeta being kind of a hypocritical dick is perfectly in-character for him to be fair.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ImpAtom posted:

Guys, hear me out here.

Boom.

They need Saiyans with good hearts.

Also, can't they just make Vegeta an SSG and then fuse?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

They need Saiyans with good hearts.

Also, can't they just make Vegeta an SSG and then fuse?

The implication I got was that only one person could go SSG per 5 sayians.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Covok posted:

Also, I forget, is Bra in the epilouge or a GT creation?

She does appear in the manga epilogue, yeah, although I don't remember she having any lines.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Szmitten posted:

Kinda wanna hear baby talk versions of attacks.

Pebble Bee Canna
Cammy Yammy Ya

:3:

Destwukto disk!

Petiso posted:

She does appear in the manga epilogue, yeah, although I don't remember she having any lines.

I call BS, Marron has a nose.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Petiso posted:

Master Roshi has the best look on his face.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
what is Gohan even a Scholar of.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

I believe he canonically researched and documented ki and so-on and published a book about it that revolutionized the world.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Stallion Cabana posted:

Books or something. They never really say what he's studying do they?

Petiso posted:

I like how future Trunks looks just like....future Trunks.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Stallion Cabana posted:

Gohan single handedly made "Gym Teacher" into an honored profession.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is Great Sayianwoman canon? If not, she should be.

Amorphous Blob posted:

I like how present Trunks looks just like....future Trunks.

It'd make less sense if he looked different.

Edit: Why is there a Heart on her helmet? Seems out of place for Videl's character.

Covok fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 24, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad tarble is just hanging out in space with his space wife. i want him to be mentioned in every single dbz product from now on but never actually show up

Covok posted:

Edit: Why is there a Heart on her helmet? Seems out of place for Videl's character.
Well, see, Videl is what's known as a 'woman.'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

wish a saiyan back to life with the dragonballs

alternatively

go with time patrol trunks and evactuate a bunch of them just as Frieza is blowing up the planet

done

Covok
May 27, 2013

Endorph posted:

im glad tarble is just hanging out in space with his space wife. i want him to be mentioned in every single dbz product from now on but never actually show up

Well, see, Videl is what's known as a 'woman.'

Well, yes, but she doesn't seem the type to put a heart on her superhero costume.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kelp Plankton posted:

Grandpa Piccolo :allears:

Grunkle Piccolo :allears:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Covok posted:

Well, yes, but she doesn't seem the type to put a heart on her superhero costume.

It's almost as though that cartoon character has been controlled by some outside force all these years and her will is not her own...

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm essentially saying, in a roundabout fashion, that I disagree with the design decision that Toriyama made.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Petiso posted:

Starring Goten as the lovable idiot lead of an 80s high school comedy. Seriously look at that goofball

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Covok posted:

She contracted girlfrienditis.

And there's no treatment.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's the Great Saiyaman, and his sidekick, Mrs. Great Saiyaman.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Covok posted:

That's what makes it a great disguise. You'd never guess it was Videl under there.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You think Gohan would train more seeing as he's a super hero. What if Beerus just decided to start robbing banks to spite him? He'd be completely screwed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

You think Gohan would train more seeing as he's a super hero. What if Beerus just decided to start robbing banks to spite him? He'd be completely screwed.

Beerus wouldn't rob a bank. He'd just destroy everything around the bank then cart it away. He'd rob the world of the bank...and the world's existence.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Stairmaster posted:

No no no, being a superhero would make him complacent because he'd be dealing with nothing but human muggle criminals. And maybe a talking dog or two but you get the idea.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

Destwukto disk!

I call BS, Marron has a nose.

18 spent that money she extorted from Mr. Satan to pay for Marron's plastic surgery.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 24, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I keep thinking I heard once that the dragonballs have a one year time limit on bringing dead guys back to life. Where did I hear that? It's obviously not true.

Oh yeah I also like how Toriyama implied that Goku spent years training Uub (with Pan) at his own home instead of in Uub's village. The idea of Goku abandoning his family yet again was always pretty awful.

I also wish to see Pan performing Makankosappo (would like to see Gohan doing this too -- History of Trunks Abridged has now clued me in to the fact that his not knowing it is a massive wasted opportunity.)

Covok
May 27, 2013

She inherited the nose gene from her mother. It's clearly a dominate trait since everyone, but Krillin, has a nose.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Xibanya posted:

I keep thinking I heard once that the dragonballs have a one year time limit on bringing dead guys back to life. Where did I hear that? It's obviously not true.

I think it was a rule in the original Dragon Ball, where it was the answer to why Goku didn't wish Grandpa Gohan back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

i don't think you understand. she's a woman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The original idea was that they needed an intact corpse too IIRC but that got dropped.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

The original idea was that they needed an intact corpse too IIRC but that got dropped.

The Dragon was a stickler on that one when Freeza was revived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Endorph posted:

i don't think you understand. she's a woman.

You're really pushing that front. I don't think you realize that argument isn't as strong as you think.

• Locked thread