Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The rules about bringing someone back change all the time. Krillin got blown to bits on Namak but was brought back to Earth intact, while Frieza was brought back in tiny little chunks.

Maybe it just depends one how much Shenron likes the guy bring revived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

You're really pushing that front. I don't think you realize that argument isn't as strong as you think.
(i think there being a heart on the costume is dumb too. i am making fun of the design decisions that went into the costume.)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Covok posted:

Is Great Sayianwoman canon? If not, she should be.

It'd make less sense if he looked different.

Edit: Why is there a Heart on her helmet? Seems out of place for Videl's character.

Gohan probably designed the costume for her. So yeah. It really makes perfect sense.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Everyone should have fused and then let Buu eat them. Definitely would have been strong enough to beat Beerus then.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Endorph posted:

(i think there being a heart on the costume is dumb too. i am making fun of the design decisions that went into the costume.)

Oh, ok then. With how much you were pushing it, I was starting to find it off.

Dexo posted:

Gohan probably designed the costume for her. So yeah. It really makes perfect sense.

Wouldn't Bulma be the one who designed it?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Covok posted:

Wouldn't Bulma be the one who designed it?

Either way, the Saiyaman costume was designed to be as embarrassing as possible. In that regard, Saiyawoman's costume is a great sequel!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

The rules about bringing someone back change all the time. Krillin got blown to bits on Namak but was brought back to Earth intact, while Frieza was brought back in tiny little chunks.

That's because Krillin got his body back in the afterlife, which is what Shenron used to bring him back to life. Freeza, however, had pieces of a body held together with duct tape and tubes, and Shenron could only being back the actual body, not the cybernetics.

This has been your Bullshit Fan Theory For The Day.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm still holding onto my hope that Akira Toriyama eventually does stuff with Pan, Goten, and Trunks that isn't completely lame and disappointing

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Porunga specifically said that putting Krillin's body back together was a special treat.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Augus posted:

I'm still holding onto my hope that Akira Toriyama eventually does stuff with Pan, Goten, and Trunks that isn't completely lame and disappointing

Gotenks was incredible, a Dragonball fight in the endgame of DBZ

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mycot posted:

No no no, being a superhero would make him complacent because he'd be dealing with nothing but human muggle criminals. And maybe a talking dog or two but you get the idea.

What kind of super hero doesn't have super-villians? You can't tell me this brilliant scholar doesn't have any self-awareness.

Xibanya posted:

I keep thinking I heard once that the dragonballs have a one year time limit on bringing dead guys back to life. Where did I hear that? It's obviously not true.

The only time the dragon himself says that is when they ask him to revive everyone killed by Frieza which is obviously a huge number.

The corpse being decayed isn't that big an issue if the person brings it with them to the afterlife.

Rodyle posted:

Gotenks was incredible, a Dragonball fight in the endgame of DBZ

Agreed, too bad it had absolutely no impact on anything whatsoever.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I want just Toriyama to bring back Future Trunks. Why does he never visit? Outside of movies? Literally all his friends are in the other universe.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well he's kind of busy rebuilding his world.

Also patrolling time.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

dipwood posted:

I want just Toriyama to bring back Future Trunks. Why does he never visit? Outside of movies? Literally all his friends are in the other universe.

Theres a psp game where Buu makes his way into his timeline and he has to bring everyone from the main one over to beat him.

Unfortunately since fighting Buu over and over again would be boring you spend most of the game fighting clones of good guys which is anime filler level writing.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Augus posted:

I just want all the kids to do something even if it's just like a one shot. Marron would have like 6 different ways to do the destructo disk it'd be great.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Amorphous Blob posted:

Theres a psp game where Buu makes his way into his timeline and he has to bring everyone from the main one over to beat him.

Unfortunately since fighting Buu over and over again would be boring you spend most of the game fighting clones of good guys which is anime filler level writing.

That and all the movie villians get shoehorned in too.

That remind me: is GT popular in Japan or something? Like I still see them use GT characters to try to be a "and more!" thing in ads for their games. Like, in Xenoverse, the boring GT villains are thrown in as a "special bonus." To me, that's like "ok, whatever," but does this mean more to the Japanese audience?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The fact that GT is seen as something outside of the main game that they throw in afterwards says it all really.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Also, an addendum question ,does the new Xenoverse DLC confirm GT as an alternate timeline?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Covok posted:

That and all the movie villians get shoehorned in too.

That remind me: is GT popular in Japan or something? Like I still see them use GT characters to try to be a "and more!" thing in ads for their games. Like, in Xenoverse, the boring GT villains are thrown in as a "special bonus." To me, that's like "ok, whatever," but does this mean more to the Japanese audience?

GT characters are just more characters, so devs are gonna put them in as extras and marketing is gonna hype them up regardless. GT does have some badass designs, so at least they're being used well. SSJ4 and Super 17 are rad as gently caress. Just thank Kami they've yet to put that assclown RIldo in.

Covok posted:

Also, an addendum question ,does the new Xenoverse DLC confirm GT as an alternate timeline?

More or less.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Covok posted:

I imagine it's just an easy source of extra content. I mean you can make an original super boss that may or may not stick or you can throw a bone to DBZ's bastard cousin.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Just saw a spoiler image for the new DLC and saw The Nappa Force!

My fanfic come to life!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BlitzBlast posted:

The fact that GT is seen as something outside of the main game that they throw in afterwards says it all really.

And Toei would've ran GT for far more than 60-ish episodes. They wanted what One Piece became.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Just thank Kami they've yet to put that assclown RIldo in.

I like how they have Goku go "OH GOLLY GEE HE'S STRONGER THAN BUU GET HYPE" while fighting him perfectly well as a Super Saiyan 1 child.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Covok posted:

Just saw a spoiler image for the new DLC and saw The Nappa Force!

My fanfic come to life!

Is it actually Nappa?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Stairmaster posted:

Is it actually Nappa?

Yes. But he also has Ginyu's Pose and Milky Cannon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Is it actually Nappa?

They never explain why joined the Ginyu force. I don't think he's the leader, though. I just think they put him in the center because his build works for it. I like how he awkwardly says his name during the pose like he is embarrassed.

Also, I love how much Future Trunks shits on GT Trunks in the DLC.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Xibanya posted:

I keep thinking I heard once that the dragonballs have a one year time limit on bringing dead guys back to life. Where did I hear that? It's obviously not true.

It's from people mis-remembering Kami's conversation with the King Kai about reviving people with the Dragon Balls. Kami tells King Kai that if they wish everyone killed by Freeza and his men back to life Shenron would probably only have enough power to resurrect those that were killed in the last year.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Stairmaster posted:

Is it actually Nappa?

http://i4.minus.com/iyrFfW8pbzcxQ.jpg

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Horrible Taste posted:

It's from people mis-remembering Kami's conversation with the King Kai about reviving people with the Dragon Balls. Kami tells King Kai that if they wish everyone killed by Freeza and his men back to life Shenron would probably only have enough power to resurrect those that were killed in the last year.

Yeah it basically a way to prevent 500 trillion people coming back to life.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Kild posted:

Yeah it basically a way to prevent 500 trillion people coming back to life.

I just thought of something - what about people whose planets were blown up after they were killed? Did they just materialize in outer space and suffocate?

Not strictly likely since Freeza was in the planet trade and probably didn't do it often, but there might be one planetful of people who got the short end of the stick on that wish. :ohdear:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zonekeeper posted:

I just thought of something - what about people whose planets were blown up after they were killed? Did they just materialize in outer space and suffocate?

This was the problem with reviving Krillin and Goku after Namek exploded.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

This was the problem with reviving Krillin and Goku after Namek exploded.

Of course, but the only effect of the wish that we see involves the namekians. It's easy to forget that the wording of the wish involves a large number of people we never see on screen.

Hell, there were probably planets that were converted into outposts in the prior year and were crawling with Freeza's soldiers when the old inhabitants got revived. Doesn't exactly bode well for them either.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Covok posted:

Trunks says something along the lines of "In this timeline, ...", which would indicate that it isn't the primary timeline.. much like how Future Trunk's timeline is also alternate.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Covok posted:

They never explain why joined the Ginyu force. I don't think he's the leader, though. I just think they put him in the center because his build works for it. I like how he awkwardly says his name during the pose like he is embarrassed.

Also, I love how much Future Trunks shits on GT Trunks in the DLC.

It happens when they do the GT storyline where all the people in hell come back to earth. Ginyu isn't dead and Nappa is, and there's that scene where Vegeta kills Nappa again in GT, soooo...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Darko posted:

It happens when they do the GT storyline where all the people in hell come back to earth. Ginyu isn't dead and Nappa is, and there's that scene where Vegeta kills Nappa again in GT, soooo...

Ginyu is still alive as a frog. Though GT has him "come back" from Hell, and in his "obviously not what he originally looked like" body, because GT sucks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wasn't Bulma also a frog for some stupid reason or did I imagine that.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

projecthalaxy posted:

anime filler stuff

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

She was. She found a super intelligent frog who understood her language, made a miniature translator for the frog, and wouldn't ya know it, the frog switched bodies with her.

Spoiler alert it was ginyu all along scare chord

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This was right after she and some Frieza Soldiers had a Giant Crab Battle. Like I appreciate giving Bulma things to do and breaking up the action but some of that stuff was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Bulma fighting crab was a work of art.

• Locked thread