Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I played the Genesis Jurassic Park so much I could beat it in under 15 minutes, both with Grant and the raptor. That game ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

I played the Genesis Jurassic Park so much I could beat it in under 15 minutes, both with Grant and the raptor. That game ruled.

Agreed. The new movie should use this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjgZ9YBmzQ4

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Stare-Out posted:

That game was impossible, stop lying to the good folks of somethingawful.com

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

dirksteadfast posted:

I have very fond memories of the Sega Genesis Jurassic Park game, despite it being hard as poo poo, terrible to control, and probably one of the most esoteric final boss solutions I have ever seen.

I can't remember if it was Grant or the Raptor, but, wow, I played that final section so much just due to there being no real indication I was supposed to go for -that- hitbox, and probably not much indication that I was hitting it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Darko posted:

I can't remember if it was Grant or the Raptor, but, wow, I played that final section so much just due to there being no real indication I was supposed to go for -that- hitbox, and probably not much indication that I was hitting it.

If there's one thing I learned in college back when I downloaded pretty much every old SNES/NES/Sega rom there was is that the majority of old games were pretty loving bad.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I played the Genesis JP game for so many hours as a kid... christ. It was my go-to game for a couple of years, and though I beat it plenty of times with the Raptor, I can't remember ever beating it as Grant. I just looked up the final level on youtube and... what the gently caress.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I thought the genesis Jurassic Park was way better than the SNES version. I never did play the genesis sequel though. However I did play the SNES sequel and it was hard as gently caress but it was fantastic. It had some loving awesome music.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

That game was impossible, stop lying to the good folks of somethingawful.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7ztPbPdbw

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I only ever played the rerelease of the PS1 Jurassic park game. Was I missing out on much?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on Genesis was pretty fun side-scroller type game. Operation Genesis on PC and The Lost World arcade game, are probably the only other two JP games I'd recommend.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If there's one thing I learned in college back when I downloaded pretty much every old SNES/NES/Sega rom there was is that the majority of old games were pretty loving bad.

True. I always wonder how many of those games, if revisited by programmers who had the time to fix hit detection, wonky physics, poor timing, and anything else that has to be sacrificed for time or budget, would actually be really fun. I suspect quite a lot more than are currently enjoyable.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 25, 2015

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013
Jurassic Park: Rampage edition was the first video game I ever bought and remains an all-time favourite for the nostalgia of it alone.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

If we don't get another Project Genesis, maybe Capcom will ride the film's coattails and make another (good) Dino Crisis. I still don't think I've ever seen a series with such a disappointing trajectory. Dino Crisis 3 was so, so bad.

Going back to the survival horror roots with a modern game engine would be pretty amazing.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

blackguy32 posted:

I thought the genesis Jurassic Park was way better than the SNES version. I never did play the genesis sequel though. However I did play the SNES sequel and it was hard as gently caress but it was fantastic. It had some loving awesome music.

I think the novelty of playing as the raptor alone put the Genesis version above the SNES.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Die Laughing posted:

Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on Genesis was pretty fun side-scroller type game. Operation Genesis on PC and The Lost World arcade game, are probably the only other two JP games I'd recommend.

The Lost World Genesis game is a pretty fun 2 player top-down shooter. One of the last games to be released on the system too and because of that it looks quite nice for a Genesis game.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

KiddieGrinder posted:

I think the novelty of playing as the raptor alone put the Genesis version above the SNES.

Very true, but but the music was baller.

I mean it was really good.

The wildly different sequel The Chaos Continues had some great music as well.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 25, 2015

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

The Lost World arcade game was sooo loving good. Spent countless quarters on that poo poo, more than any Time Crisis or Metal Slug or anything else.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I always roll my eyes at people who talk about how great old video game music is, but drat, if this were higher fidelity I could easily see it being some sort of current track of Com Truise or whoever does 80s throwback electro stuff these days.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Doflamingo posted:

The Lost World arcade game was sooo loving good. Spent countless quarters on that poo poo, more than any Time Crisis or Metal Slug or anything else.
Bonus points for having the chameleon Carnotaurus from the novel as a boss in the game, as well.

I spent so many hours playing Jurassic Park for the original Game Boy. It's basically a scaled down version of the SNES game without the FPS indoor bits, but to this day I can still whistle the level 1 music.

Edit-- turns out the NES version had the same music!

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 25, 2015

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

I'd never actually played this version or heard its music, that is pretty good stuff. The T. Rex theme honestly sounds like it would almost fit in Unreal 1.

I played the Genesis version to death, and my favorite music from it was the Visitor's Center theme. It's got a very different feel to it from the rest of the game's music, and I rather like it.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Xenomrph posted:

Bonus points for having the chameleon Carnotaurus from the novel as a boss in the game, as well.

Oddly enough, that wasn't the only JP game to feature The disappearing Carnotaurus, though I never played it myself.

The Game Gear JP1 game I have very strong memories of, however. It was a little touch, but I loved how in that game all your ammo was nonlethal, and would show you capturing the bosses after being defeated.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 25, 2015

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Tool assisted, nobody cares.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I'm not sure when they came up exactly, but the Jurassic World viral site has a few more sections than the last time I looked: info on all the attractions, ticket packages, and shirts you can buy, including one for the T. Rex Kingdom.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Haha clicking on buy tickets takes you to Fandango.

Edit: looks like they added a couple cameras?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

No idea why I haven't been following the thread considering I got a loving Jurassic Park tattoo the other day. But if you guys didn't know there's a completely new arcade machine out. Haven't seen it in the wild yet besides under plastic wrap in photos.

(Concept art, but that's exactly how it came out)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

No idea why I haven't been following the thread considering I got a loving Jurassic Park tattoo the other day. But if you guys didn't know there's a completely new arcade machine out. Haven't seen it in the wild yet besides under plastic wrap in photos.

(Concept art, but that's exactly how it came out)

Oh god I need to scour every arcade in Ohio for one of these.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I know its been posted probably in this thread, but the Playstation Lost World game has the best secret ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuYUoLM8BNA

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

And by interesting I mean stupid :wtc:

It's like they took all their cues from the chaos effect toy line.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 27, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

Is it bad that it took me a second?

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

Hey man, scientists gonna splice

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Peanut President posted:

Is it bad that it took me a second?

Same here, I was thinking "decent sculpt, good paint job, cool pose, what's the.....ooooh..." :what:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

Kids will eat it up. It's not for you.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KiddieGrinder posted:

Same here, I was thinking "decent sculpt, good paint job, cool pose, what's the.....ooooh..." :what:

What am I missing?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If I was 8 that would be the coolest thing in the world. If kids could get into this

they'll go bananas over spliced dinosaurs. But what I really want is the dinosaur equivalent of this

T-Rex head, Ankylosaurus body.

Timby posted:

What am I missing?

It's a mix between a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus. I think most people accepted it as a normal dinosaur at first.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 27, 2015

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I still have all the baby dinosaurs sitting in a box somewhere :3:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

At this point predators might as well throw in the towel and go munch on park visitors.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

gently caress yeah man splice all dinos

where's my pteranoraptors?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just Offscreen posted:

I still have all the baby dinosaurs sitting in a box somewhere :3:
I still have all my JP stuff in a box. I could probably break out a bunch of them over the weekend and take photos and poo poo.

Jurassic Park toys were the best thing ever when I was a kid. Firing missiles, biting electronic dinosaurs with CAPTURE GEAR, dinosaurs and vehicles with DINO DAMAGE, hell yeah. :krad:

Kenner was the best company for movie toys if you were an 80s/90s kid. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Terminator, Aliens/Predator, they had everything and they were all fun as hell for kids.

Some of the new movie toys look alright but there's a distinct lack of humans, vehicles, capture gear, and dino damage. :colbert:
Dinosaurs are cool on their own, but the biggest appeal of everything Jurassic Park, be it the movies, the games, or the toys, is humans and modern tech interacting with prehistoric animals. The new toy line totally missed that point by just having dinosaurs.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

Has there ever been a Jurassic Park dino toy that hasn't had battle damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Just Offscreen posted:

The new toyline looks...

interesting.

That's insanely rad actually

• Locked thread