Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Man this is awful, time to find a box of Pentax mes to send around d the world.

The pelican case will be the pricey part, might not deal with that.

Also, Pentax me super snype to save the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
It's ok I will do the seals this weekend, shoot a roll to test it then keep it moving.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Nothing ever escapes Perth easily.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
When I was in Tasmania I made a special trip to The End of the World - the southernmost point of Australia (not counting uninhabited / restricted access islands) where the Antarctic Ocean is consuming South Cape.
SD 109 Southernmost 48 by Execudork, on Flickr

I was wrong. In keeping with the near-miss theme of my trip to Australia, the actual end of the world is apparently the southwestern, not southeastern, edge of Oz.

Spedman posted:

Nothing ever escapes Perth easily.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Probably fair points if I wasn't sent a broken camera...

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

You've had over 100 days to deal with it or send it to someone else to deal with

http://days.to/7-december/2014

Woop de doo.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

You've had over 100 days to deal with it or send it to someone else to deal with

http://days.to/7-december/2014

Woop de doo.

That actually seems pretty fast for this project :v:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
IIRC one dude managed a turnaround of less than a week, I personally only kept it 18 days. :smug:

Now send me the shitcam and I will ensure it reaches its next and final destination the same day I get it (by throwing it into the sea).

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Ok whoever wants it next can send me their address and fix it when they get it if you like.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
tbf 100 odd days isn't that bad for a goon project, the yostop was sat in someone's car boot for like a year and a half before it resurfaced, I don't think anybody even knew who actually had it until then.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

I appreciate that it is pretty slow, but am also mildly annoyed that the camera was sent to me with such a glaring issue (lol) that wasted my time shooting with it then paying extra for E6 development.

I am also happy to fix the seals myself, if people can please chill I will get that done then send it on to the next person...

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

I should have sent it off for a CLA while I had it, since there was enough time while I wasn't using it and deaders was busy getting married, but I honestly didn't think the light leaks were that bad -- at least judging from other photos in the thread and my own shots. (somebody mentioned light leaks earlier in the thread and someone else talked about repairing them, but I never saw any follow up as to whether that happened... ?)

Sorry you had to deal with all this poo poo, seriously, let me know if you want me to help out at all.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

rohan posted:

I should have sent it off for a CLA while I had it, since there was enough time while I wasn't using it and deaders was busy getting married, but I honestly didn't think the light leaks were that bad -- at least judging from other photos in the thread and my own shots. (somebody mentioned light leaks earlier in the thread and someone else talked about repairing them, but I never saw any follow up as to whether that happened... ?)

Sorry you had to deal with all this poo poo, seriously, let me know if you want me to help out at all.

I was the one mentioning light leaks I think, and the guy before me might have been doing this as well.

To be fair, I wasn't really expecting anything from this camera and just shot it to shoot it and have some fun. I kind of see both angles, wanting to get good pictures from it, and just thinking "eh whatever let's have some fun with this project" I'm just in the latter camp, as if I wanna shoot seriously I just take my serious cameras. Which is probably why it was stuck with me for like forever...

I may also have mentioned doing something about it and then promptly forgot about what I had said.
I seem to be doing that a lot... to make up for it I'd pitch in $15 for an eventual CLA if it ever gets around to that.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
deaders, you have an excuse - more than one - and I'm not at the slightest bothered by the time here. I'm eager to see some pictures from Perth and area, I've always wanted to visit.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

It's all good, no-one needs to apologise for anything. I posted early before work this morning while I was still in a state of not being entirely happy with the world, which is usually a bad idea.

People just have to understand that this is a fairly low priority thing for anyone who is doing it as a bit of fun and a kind of cultural exchange around the world, it has not been forgotten about and will definitely keep moving.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I thought I was bad for holding on to it for two weeks or whatever. Jesus, man.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I thought I was bad for holding on to it for two weeks or whatever. Jesus, man.

You were p. bad though.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

You were p. bad though.

Let's keep this on topic, no need to drag his posting into it.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Bump.

There is no judgement, no question, no emotion, and no instruction in this bump. It's just a bump.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
So all of the cameras have been thrown in the trash?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Whitezombi posted:

So all of the cameras have been thrown in the trash?

poo poo cam is still in my backpack. No one seems to want it.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

shitcam is not requested, shitcam is inflicted

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Ship it to Canada. Or throw it over the border and hope for the best.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

poo poo cam is still in my backpack. No one seems to want it.

send it back to soundmonkey so it can at least complete the journey

e. post shortbus

e2. lol canon

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

It's alive! I replaced the seals, will see if it is all working after I get the film developed this week.

Who is next? Send me your address so I can ship this thing on...

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

deaders posted:

It's alive!

Yay! Huzzah! I am happy!

Is there anyone in New Zealand, elsewhere in the Pacific, or South America who wants it?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

someone take the camera!

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Please!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Pacific islands and South America get priority, but I'm opening this up to the west coast of North America now, too.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm in all likelihood going to be in New Zealand and Australia (Gold Coast area) in late July/early August if no one else wants it.

I can then either send it on or take it back to Canada with me and get it back up to the PNW.

edit: I feel like such an American referring to Vancouver as the pacific north west.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Sounds like the best option at this stage as noone else has put their hand up.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Yup, good plan Hookshot. It's yours if nobody else chimes in within the next few days.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Bad news... it still has light leaks. The replacement seals seem to work fine but the leaks look like they are coming from around the viewfinder or inside the viewfinder? I am guessing there is some kind of foam seal in there that has perished? Will post some scans soon, it is not as bad as it was before but it did ruin a few nice shots...

I guess it is a lomography camera now so expect more art with every roll!

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
we've traced the leak and it's coming from INSIDE THE CAMERA

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Well it's not coming from the seals, I have scanned the roll and it is pretty much all over the place with the leaks. Got few usable shots and a few nice ones that were ruined.

What are the details for the tumblr to upload some photos?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I sent you a PM, deaders, for the tumblr.

Thanks for doing the seals, I guess we'll figure out the other light leaks as the camera travels.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Photos are up! http://dorkroom-ae1-world.tumblr.com/

My favourite lomography limited edition art shots:

Other ones that weren't too bad:

deaders fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 21, 2015

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I like ALL of those. Excellent work!

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Thanks man. I just noticed that some of them didn't upload properly on the original post.

Guess who lives here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

deaders posted:

Guess who lives here?

8 giant fingers?...Is it your mom's house?

• Locked thread