Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

projecthalaxy posted:

This was right after she and some Frieza Soldiers had a Giant Crab Battle. Like I appreciate giving Bulma things to do and breaking up the action but some of that stuff was weird.

There were no Freeza soldiers underwater. That was Bulma trying to recover the Dragonball that rolled away from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

There were no Freeza soldiers underwater. That was Bulma trying to recover the Dragonball that rolled away from her.

The second arc of the crab saga included frieza soldiers. They sought the dragonball, she led them to the crab.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BattleCattle posted:

The second arc of the crab saga included frieza soldiers. They sought the dragonball, she led them to the crab.

There...there was more than one episode of crab fights?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Some Numbers posted:

The animation studio was never noted for their creativity with filler.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

The crab saga ends in tragedy when the last baby crab, prince of all crabs, bravely defends Vegeta from Frieza, but is promptly eaten due to his lack of training and overconfidence.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 25, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mother Crab should be a Giant Enemy for the new Bulma's Greatest Battles DLC for Xenoverse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BattleCattle posted:

The crab saga ends in tragedy when the last baby crab, prince of all crabs, bravely defends Vegeta from Frieza, but is promptly eaten due to his lack of training and overconfidence.

That was such a weird goddamn thing to happen. I wonder what the thought process was behind "lets having Frieza randomly take a bit out of a crab"

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

That was such a weird goddamn thing to happen. I wonder what the thought process was behind "lets having Frieza randomly take a bit out of a crab"

It insisted that it had realized the legend, the legend that Frieza feared.

He had become

a Super Crab!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRkiJ21SiE

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The various reminders of GT made me wonder something: how does Super Saiyan 4 compare to Super Saiyan God?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mraagvpeine posted:

The various reminders of GT made me wonder something: how does Super Saiyan 4 compare to Super Saiyan God?

Red eyeliner < Red hair

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

projecthalaxy posted:

This was right after she and some Frieza Soldiers had a Giant Crab Battle. Like I appreciate giving Bulma things to do and breaking up the action but some of that stuff was weird.

Show some respect, that's the debut of Best Character Raspberry you're talking about.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Bee posted:

Show some respect, that's the debut of Best Character Raspberry you're talking about.

I've had to kill soo many Rasberrys in recent weeks. So many. So many...

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I never wanted to see someone have raspberry flashbacks.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

projecthalaxy posted:

Do not profane the holy crab battle.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Do not profane the holy crab battle.

Crab Battle Z.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
One day, maybe GT should be redone by people who are actually competent.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
So did BoG retcon it so that Pan or older than Bra now?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

SirKibbles posted:

So did BoG retcon it so that Pan or older than Bra now?

It already happened before BotG. The issue was that one of the guidebooks claimed she was born before Pan, but a guidebook that came after it reversed that. Manga was ambiguous about it, GT seemed to support the former, BotG makes it clear than Pan is older.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That or Vegeta tossed her into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to do training.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

StrifeHira posted:

Something from the Official Revival of [F] blog (http://ameblo.jp/dragonball2015):

Oh Piccolo. :allears:

Piccolo. Better father & grandfather than Goku.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I just learned that in Dragon Ball Heroes, Goten and Trunks get to fuse as teens/adults. Grown-up Gotenks is the best.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

jivjov posted:

So I just learned that in Dragon Ball Heroes, Goten and Trunks get to fuse as teens/adults. Grown-up Gotenks is the best.

Well they were about to in GT and then Vegeta said "NO! You're both slackers in training Gotenks will be useless here!"

and that's the reason we never got Gotenks in GT.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Onmi posted:

Well they were about to in GT and then Vegeta said "NO! You're both slackers in training Gotenks will be useless here!"

It's ridiculous how many different ways GT screwed over any protagonist who wasn't Goku

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

drrockso20 posted:

It's ridiculous how many different ways GT screwed over any protagonist who wasn't Goku

To be fair to GT, which is not a series of words I like using, the Buu saga also hosed up with Gotenks and Gohan. Not as much, though, considering GT literally started with Kid Goku, Pan, and Trunks accidentally blasting off without anyone else.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Wasn't the entire reason Pan was on the ship because she beat up Goten?

I mean, let that sink in.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Onmi posted:

The thing here is that Vegeta is implying that Gotenks was anything other than useless back in the Buu saga. I mean, yeah he was entertaining. But did he do anything other than lose due to his arrogance and get absorbed?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gotenks would probably have won if he wasn't such a dumb little poo poo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Wasn't the entire reason Pan was on the ship because she beat up Goten?

I mean, let that sink in.

No, she tricked him and snuck on.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

TriffTshngo posted:

No, she tricked him and snuck on.

Lucky for him she missed his vital organs.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Speaking of the beginning of GT; you know how the Funimation/Toonami run of GT started with episode 17 and described the other 16 episodes (which because it's GT is the entire first arc) in a recap episode? What was with that? Did someone know that they had a stinker on their hands? Or is there a more boring reason?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xibanya posted:

Lucky for him she missed his vital organs.

ALL OF THEM?!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

mycot posted:

Speaking of the beginning of GT; you know how the Funimation/Toonami run of GT started with episode 17 and described the other 16 episodes (which because it's GT is the entire first arc) in a recap episode? What was with that? Did someone know that they had a stinker on their hands? Or is there a more boring reason?

They wanted to get to the Dragon Ball Z esque stuff instead of the Dragon Ball stuff.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Testekill posted:

They wanted to get to the Dragon Ball Z esque stuff instead of the Dragon Ball stuff.

Also they knew the episodes wouldn't go well, but people would know something was cut, so they could make money on the "Lost Episodes"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Some Numbers posted:

ALL OF THEM?!

That does it. Calling it now.

In a couple movies, Pan kills Goku while he's got someone in a full nelson hold. Possibly a revived Raditz.

Don't tell me it won't happen, 'cause Freeza came back.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Man, Pan using the Makankosappo to double kill Goku and some villain would probably be the best scene.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Man, Pan using the Makankosappo to double kill Goku and some villain would probably be the best scene.

"You wouldn't dare, you'd be killing us both!"

"Yeah, but we can just revive Grandpa with the Dragon Balls again."

"...oh poo poo."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

i don't think you understand. she's a woman.

... Screw it, I'm gonna rewatch all of Slayers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mordaedil posted:

gently caress, I would love a big Slayers RPG. I loved that show as a kid and Lina Inverse is still one of my favourite anime protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Slayers was great but it also had about fifteen 'periods make women angry and irrational!' jokes.

• Locked thread