Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You probated epic dude Etherwind for 100k days, Ettin could never reach such heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, go gently caress yourself! How's that?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ettin, free Etherwind.

:gas:

#killalletherwinds

Evil Mastermind posted:

sounds like you got #owningyou

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

e: gently caress this I'm too pissed off at everything to post right now

e2: god loving dammit I hate this poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bring back Liesmith, happyelf and etherwind and start a new Golden Age instead of this crap where people post stupid debate and discussion stuff.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah, looks like the chat thread is doing a great job of revealing exactly the people I would never want to game with. So in that respect: great job chat thread!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Bring back Liesmith, happyelf and etherwind and start a new Golden Age instead of this crap where people post stupid debate and discussion stuff.

*plutonis watches eagerly as the last finger closes on the monkey's paw as I chuckle from off screen*

:happyelf:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Serf posted:

Yeah, looks like the chat thread is doing a great job of revealing exactly the people I would never want to game with. So in that respect: great job chat thread!

Who are these people?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

happyelf has been back for ages dumbass

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
liesmith was great but if you wanted to be rid of terrible debate stuff Happyelf doesn't even have the decency to be right

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

chaos rhames posted:

liesmith was great but if you wanted to be rid of terrible debate stuff Happyelf doesn't even have the decency to be right

I didn't think I was gonna read anything dumber than the guy who doesn't get comedy at all tonight, and yet here we are.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

mo like evil madstermind

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

happyelf has been back for ages dumbass

Has he? Also capitalize your sentences.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Has he? Also capitalize your sentences.

Tollymain posted:

it's who, not whom. you wouldn't say "him is a fair target", would you?

Winson_Paine posted:

jesus christ i thought this thread could not get worse

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evil Mastermind posted:

well, if you insist.~♥

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

See, by making emptyquotes on a serious discussion forum you show you don't respect the forums, Winson. I am quite glad that someone with this kind of attitude is not a mod anymore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wonder how my friends in Trad Games are doing. Let's check up on

:yikes:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

See, by making emptyquotes on a serious discussion forum you show you don't respect the forums, Winson. I am quite glad that someone with this kind of attitude is not a mod anymore.

I'm reasonably sure he posted in your thread, and yet you didn't recognize him? SMH.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ningyou posted:

there isn't a prescription strong enough heyooooooooooo

:drat:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

I'm reasonably sure he posted in your thread, and yet you didn't recognize him? SMH.

I didn't saw him post on the tasteful discussion about Hentai thread.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I didn't saw him post on the tasteful discussion about Hentai thread.

The Imp Zone traditional games thread, the one that you made. This is why you're still so far from enlightenment, Plutonis...

edit: Never mind, it was only in the other IZ trad games thread that he posted for a long time alongside you, with nary a sign of recognition.

Effectronica fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 25, 2015

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Tollymain posted:

also the answer is "privileged groups" (white people, men, straight people, cis people) if you really have to target people for your humor in the first place

Ha ha Tollymain, thanks but no thanks.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ImpactVector posted:

We were really drat excited by the "three pillars", "flat math", and "mythic fighters" essays.
Did any of those make it into the final game? At all?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

You could not possibly be happier about it than I am, I tell you what.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I love this thread sometimes. You know, you goons alright.

What do you think of Legend? Not Mongoose/RuneQuest Legend but the indie game. It looks, or at least feels like, a heartbreaker and poo poo, but I am a robot incapable of forming my own opinions. Anyone tried it?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Zereth posted:

They did flatten the math. Let's have a round of applause for the 5th edition team for that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

GrizzlyCow posted:

What do you think of Legend? Not Mongoose/RuneQuest Legend but the indie game. It looks, or at least feels like, a heartbreaker and poo poo, but I am a robot incapable of forming my own opinions. Anyone tried it?

That was actually my first experience with TRPGs. It is definitely a heartbreaker for 3e/4e. It has some cool ideas such as everything being encounter based while still being tactical, an interesting class system, and a focus on giving everyone nice things. In the end, however, it's love for D&D 3e shoots itself in the foot. For example, all monsters are PCs. It's not a bad game, but it's not an amazing game: it's a heartbreaker.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Edit: late to the tabke

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zereth posted:

The letters that make up those words can indeed be found in many places throughout the D&D NEXT Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Serf posted:

I would like to game with you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm going to GM a game on April, for both of you, maybe.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

I don't agree with you most of the time, but I had fun when we were in Wolery's 4E game awhile ago.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was a fun game but I'm never doing any PBP again unless the GM is a slavedriver

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Winson_Paine posted:

pro modding demands you pick someone who will do the job just a little bit worse than yourself so you will look better, i think i fukkin nailed it

Mods????

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pass.

GrizzlyCow posted:

Is this still being worked on? I see the last post is from 2014. I ask because I think I have an old playtest document of this kicking around from years ago. It always struck me as an interesting system but one that's just a bit too much crunch for my tastes. It has a cool advancement/class system that's for sure. I never played it, so I can't comment on how it actually runs.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Serf posted:

Pass.

Is this still being worked on? I see the last post is from 2014. I ask because I think I have an old playtest document of this kicking around from years ago. It always struck me as an interesting system but one that's just a bit too much crunch for my tastes. It has a cool advancement/class system that's for sure. I never played it, so I can't comment on how it actually runs.

The guy who was heading it left. There is a post saying "We will still finish it" then nothing new came out. Fairly convinced his departure ended things.

The game is free if you want to take a look.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bunnielab posted:

I said it in a lovely way but the point is valid, if you are going to ask people to " not using people as a punchline when they're part of a marginalized group of people" then it is a fair question to ask "whom is a fair target to be used as a punchline"?

In all seriousness, the rule of thumb is "yourself"

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Aw, come on, Plutonis only bites if you bring your hand too close to his mouth.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

In all seriousness, the rule of thumb is "yourself"

Now that is reasonable, but how do you apply that to collaborative works, like a play or a film. There are many hands involved, who, in that case is "yourself"? I want to say the director has the ultimate responsibility, but it bears discussing. I find Blazing Saddles to be a great example of this sort of issue, and Mel Brooks in general interesting to talk about in these terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Covok posted:

The guy who was heading it left. There is a post saying "We will still finish it" then nothing new came out. Fairly convinced his departure ended things.

The game is free if you want to take a look.

In the forums, there was an update in the middle of last year, but yeah, it seems fairly dead. Or pathetically sluggish. Beyond that, there may still be some activity on their IRC chatroom.

I had last looked at the game over two years ago, and I thought it would have been done and shipped by now. But hey, at least they released their MLP thing.

• Locked thread