Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Welcome to the new chat thread. I hope we all have fun chatting within it.

What new games are you going to try in March? How would you describe your chosen college football team in Fate? Fill in the blanks: "In like a ________, out like a _______".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I recently got Kuro, I never thought I'd love a blend of Blade Runner and Japanese horror but welp this is the best.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm slowly working on a new game for the forums using Atomic Robo. Who knows when I'll be done though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm slowly chipping away at a dozen or so game projects.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm currently reading through Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying. I don't know if I'll get to play it, but the mechanics seem really solid and the books are well written.

I'm planning to run a PbP of something this month, just waiting to see if my current PbP signups pan out else I'm going to be too busy.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Got to try my 13th Age homebrew class, the Elementalist in a session tonight. Didn't outshine the core classes, got to fiat my way out of a skill challenge by spending a resource to declare I set myself on fire, did some decently Leader-ish effects in the fight. Next fight I'm going to try and hoard power and only use the big spells and see how that changes things.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Currently running a 13th Age game in the Eberron setting but two of my players suddenly have time conflicts and next session is gonna be a big important fight.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I'd like to run more weird storygames, and while it's not new for me since I've played in a game, I'd love to mess around with Tenra Bansho Zero more. Mostly I just want to make myself run a live game despite my wonky rear end schedule, which might also involve TBZ.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
The completed core book of Breakfast Cult, hopefully. :getin:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I recently got Kuro, I never thought I'd love a blend of Blade Runner and Japanese horror but welp this is the best.

I'm reading that! I'd love to run it, but probably not with the presented system. Even nWoD looks like it could model the horror bits better than Kuro does.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ironicus, you're a cool dude and all but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to knock some points off for not going with the clear and obvious winning thread title of "Modron March Madness," sorry.

As far as games go, Tenra Bansho Zero seems like a pretty interesting game but I blank every time I think to myself "okay, but what would I actually want to play?" I continue to regret that I haven't yet had a chance to play Inverse World or Last Stand and hope to amend that someday soon.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I painted a mini for the first time ever. I don't think I did too bad.

Skellington for size reference

I also did some skeletons and a icy blue mini dragon and drank a lot of red bull. Gonna crush some bones this March.

E: I'm a poo poo photographer and I refuse to learn.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm currently reading through Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying. I don't know if I'll get to play it, but the mechanics seem really solid and the books are well written.

I'm planning to run a PbP of something this month, just waiting to see if my current PbP signups pan out else I'm going to be too busy.

I loved running WHFRP3. I only got to do it the once for one adventure over 2 sessions though, and I never got to play. It's a really neat system once you work out how it all fits together.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
My Iron Kingdoms group finally met again after a month of scheduling conflicts, and I just joined an Inverse World game over Skype.

It's been a good week for roleplaying.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
My plans for March include getting a Fellowship playtest out and helping with Dies of March, a roleplaying charity stream coming March 13-15.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I plan to finish up an Eclipse Phase campaign I started in July 2013.

Also, I just played in a trail of cthulhu game that ended up with PCs getting mind controlled and shooting each other. Fun times!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'm debating running a short Last Stand game for my EDF-loving friends before one of them leaves town, I'm just having a hard time coming up with adventure ideas beyond "there are bugs, fite". After that...? Well, I really want to run Breakfast Cult, but that has to come out properly first. I also want to do something with 13th Age, but I totally can't decide on what. Been looking to try and find unique takes on fantasy to try and inspire something I find more interesting than dwarf kings and archmages.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I continue to run a 13A game online! That's the only major plan for the time being.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
I continue to run my Kerberos Club game!

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
No gaming for me at least for the time being. I have a big deadline coming in April and thus I need to spend most of my free time chipping away at my Master's thesis. Thankfully it's already more than half-way done, so getting it finished is more of a matter of applying myself to it with the best of my ability.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I am going to continue to run 13th Age, and continue to poke my Sunday group of ex-roleplaying-boardgamers into running something. Jerks.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The game I'm going to be playing is "finish your new book, Fuego", a rousing game wherein I finish my Goddamn book.

Also I'm doing a cool Fate pbp campaign.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I'm playing an astromech droid in a great game of Age of Rebellion with my current group, and I'm waiting for Star Wars Armada to come in. Also waiting for the Kickstarter of Mantic's Dungeon Saga to ship in however many months and hoping I have space to store the bajillion miniatures I ordered with it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm still running/playing too many PbP games, because I'm an idiot. I'm hoping to run a game of 13th Age with my colleagues in the near future.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Working on rules with a friend for a project; if we succeed, "qualitative bonuses" is one of those terms that you are going to rapidly tire of.

Also longing for a crunchy space something.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Carrasco posted:

My Iron Kingdoms group finally met again after a month of scheduling conflicts, and I just joined an Inverse World game over Skype.

It's been a good week for roleplaying.

Wait, are you in PDX?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My new job just wrecked my usual RPG schedule, but I'll hopefully be playing Some Fallout Thing and running the occasional Danger Patrol.

Also in the last thread I misread a request and accidentally offered to implement a Subset sum problem in javascript. This may have been a mistake.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Splicer posted:

Also in the last thread I misread a request and accidentally offered to implement a Subset sum problem in javascript. This may have been a mistake.

While you're at it, could you make me a program that takes another program as input and tells me whether it terminates or not? Thanks a bunch xoxo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

While you're at it, could you make me a program that takes another program as input and tells me whether it terminates or not? Thanks a bunch xoxo.
I would, but first I have to finish the route mapping app I promised my postman.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm still working on the setting for my 13th Age sci-fantasy campaign that I'm gonna run here on the forums. I've just got to write up the last 4 Icons, flesh out 2 species and I'll be good to go.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Splicer posted:

Uhhhh drat dude you don't have to do that it's really not that big a deal.

... but if it's not too much trouble there is this Minesweeper thing I could use help with too

No seriously it's okay

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
In March, I intend to finish up my Dungeon World game that's been going since July 2013. Maybe. We'll also be reviving the Team Rocket game with Monsters and Other Childish Things.

For new stuff I hope to finally play Fiasco, and maybe pick up a copy of A Dirty World. Later today, once I dig out from 6 inches of snow, the DM for a homebrew fantasy system will be doing a big battle between our characters and an undead army directed by one of his friend's teenage sons.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I've still got World Wide Wrestling RPG stuck in my head, even after I didn't get picked for the PbP game. So I'm thinking of running a one-shot of it on IRC or Google Hangouts or something. But a lot of people don't seem to be interested in using IRC these days for games and I've no experience with hangouts or any other online alternatives.

Otherwise I've started playing Payday 2 again, which has my mind drifting back towards one-shot RPG One Last Job, even if the only similarity is the "Criminal Heist" theme.

My RPG mood is way too easily influenced by whatever video games or movies I've been watching lately. :shobon:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My group is fuckin loving World Wide Wrestling, what a great use of the Apocalypse Engine too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm going to be running a Fate game in the Burn Shift setting one my schedule settles down a bit and I'm not running all over the place. I'm also doing GoD at PAX this weekend.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imma play Exalted Third Edition, the game I was most hyped for since forever and with god as my witness I will run the Imp Zone PBP game

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
It's all 13th Age all the time in my IRL situation, except when I can't get people on the weekends for about six weeks coming up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Imma play Exalted Third Edition, the game I was most hyped for since forever and with god as my witness I will run the Imp Zone PBP game

Is that coming this month? I kinda started tuning out after the fifteenth 'hey the book is ALMOST DONE WE SWEAR but here's a picture'.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BTW if you're gonna be at PAX East come to Games on Demand and demand my games. I'm running two Fate games and Monster of the Week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is that coming this month? I kinda started tuning out after the fifteenth 'hey the book is ALMOST DONE WE SWEAR but here's a picture'.

Who knows when it's actually coming out, but the second leak that recently happened is the full text, so it'd be pretty easy to run it now.

I'm mostly going to keep running my NWoD campaign, but my group's been talking for a little while about trying out Ashen Stars-- maybe this month will be the month.

• Locked thread