Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rS8Pm15E0A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Celica

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

no, i'm pretty sure that's a malibu

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's always a Fiero.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

But the GT was just the trim above the base, the GTS was the one with the good engine, that's like a huge banner on the side of a truck advertising "FORD RANGER XLT".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Throatwarbler posted:

But the GT was just the trim above the base, the GTS was the one with the good engine, that's like a huge banner on the side of a truck advertising "FORD RANGER XLT".

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Cacafuego posted:

It's got the graceful tail of an orca, but the intercooler acts like the strainer of a baleen whale. I bet if you cut that thing open, more license plates would spill out

E: the exhaust note sounds vaguely like "killlllllll meeeeee"

Tis no intercooler

FRONT MOUNT AIR INTAKE

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Ghost Farts posted:

Ok, at this point I have to assume Japanese tuners are just trolling everyone with their fake-German names. I mean, RWB is just a Google translate massacre, but Abflug, when used in a car racing context, is a high-speed crash. They chose that on purpose. They must have.

It also can mean take off/departure so maybe they went to an airport and thought it was a good idea?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Octopus Magic posted:

Tis no intercooler

FRONT MOUNT AIR INTAKE

when threatened by other performance cars the intercooler-mimic is displayed, warding off potential rivals

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Throatwarbler posted:

pretty sure it was GT or GTS, no base model.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Either way, no new diesel ford rangers for you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ILoveTacoTaco sold me a bunch of my Civic parts.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

ILoveTacoTaco sold me a bunch of my Civic parts.

He(?) is also quite popular on MiataTurbo. Not too many Subaru parts last time I checked.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Darko posted:

I'm trapped right now because the car behind me is too close as well, so we'll see!

Smash the window, break the shifter pawl by kicking it into neutral, and roll their car into the street.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That looks a whole lot like the Circle K by my dad's house. :tinfoil:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He(?) is also quite popular on MiataTurbo. Not too many Subaru parts last time I checked.

I remember them having upwards of 2000 Civic/Honda parts when I was looking for death by Chinese suspension.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Octopus Magic posted:

It also can mean take off/departure so maybe they went to an airport and thought it was a good idea?

Yeah, I guess that's where they got it from, but still. The other option is just so fitting.

PolishHero
Nov 11, 2005

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Reduces rolling resistance at speed, thereby improving tyre life and fuel economy :downs:.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Also increases downforce on the front end which aids in traction.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've been wondering when this was going to become a thing:

http://social.ford.co.uk/could-this-spell-the-end-for-speeding-tickets/

quote:

We are now launching Intelligent Speed Limiter, a technology that could help prevent drivers from unintentionally exceeding speed limits.
The system monitors road signs with a camera mounted on the windscreen, and slows the vehicle as required. As the speed limit rises, the system allows the driver to accelerate up to the set speed – providing it does not exceed the new limit.

I guess it means the gas pedal is just a binary switch now.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

As long as it has an on/off switch, I don't really give a poo poo. It'd be great for known speed-trap areas.

It's when (not if) uncle cheddar decides that the thing is mandatory, and shall not have an off setting, that I'll be upset.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MrYenko posted:

It's when (not if) uncle cheddar decides that the thing is mandatory, and shall not have an off setting, that I'll be upset.

I suspect a lot of police departments would actually be super against making it mandatory.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

xzzy posted:

I suspect a lot of police departments would actually be super against making it mandatory.

An excellent point. Florida Highway Patrol would actually have to start pulling people over for real safety violations, instead of 70 in a 55 on a dead straight three-lane highway.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

xzzy posted:

I've been wondering when this was going to become a thing:

http://social.ford.co.uk/could-this-spell-the-end-for-speeding-tickets/

I guess it means the gas pedal is just a binary switch now.

Now everybody can participate in the elephant race!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This behaviour...

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Where is that image from? The wording of that text is so odd to me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Everyone who does the above should be shot without trial.

Baller Witness Bro posted:

That's what not-American looks like when it's printed instead of spoken.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
It's common to use MPH there? I guess that doesn't really surprise me that much, just kind of threw me when skimming through that.

E: With as much :smug: that gets attached to the metric system I guess I'm just surprised. Plus I'm a filthy american who has never been to the UK or ever really thought about their speed limit preferences apparently.

Baller Witness Bro fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 25, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

It's common to use MPH there? I guess that doesn't really surprise me that much, just kind of threw me when skimming through that.
KM/H is used in Europe. MPH is what's used in the UK. While metric units are often used elsewhere (and people of my generation can switch between them pretty easily), speeds and distances on the road is likely to stay measured in miles for quite a long time.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

The choice of units in the UK is a constant battle between people who accept that the metric system is much easier to use, and people who start their sentences "In my day ..."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Haha it's not particularly well written but every single one of these he's done is just so infuriatingly accurate...

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

xzzy posted:

I suspect if it became commonplace a lot of people would wonder why the speed limits are so low

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Edit: nope, not the place for chiropractic back and forth.

What is that? Looks like a '67 or so Olds Delta 88. Do I see a pickup bed back there? Or at least a whacked-off roof?

Spotted on a trip through Fort Worth last weekend:

Sorry for the tilt, trying not to crash and die wile taking pic one-handed. The road was level. The car was not.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Wolfsbane posted:

The choice of units in the UK is a constant battle between people who accept that the metric system is much easier to use, and people who start their sentences "In my day ..."

It's a tremendous mess, I couldn't work out whether my UK M3 measured in US or Imperial MPG, fuel's dispensed in litres, speed in MPH, temperature depends on whether you're talking to someone born before 1970 or not, even a pint was a bit suspect at times due to metric markings. I can see why the US didn't get past the initial stages of attempting metrication, we'd have the same poo poo too.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I saw something terrible and dangerous a couple days ago:

You could even see in the bands in the part of the tire that managed to touch the road

What would cause this on a non-lowered car? Over-weighed?

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.
Might be this:
http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/tsb03-13-5.html

TSB for the early Focus regarding rear camber problems. Fix is to install a new upper control arm that adds 1 degree of camber. I remember reading about this way back when we had an 03 ZX3, and some cars were so bad that even if you took it in and aligned to Ford spec, they still looked like the picture above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Er. Nah.