Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Tiggum posted:

The guards in Skyrim all saying the exact same lines. If there'd only been one voice actor for all the guards it would be understandable, but why didn't they modify the script a tiny bit for the different voices?

Looking to protect yourself, or deal some damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Patrolling the Mojave desert makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I saw a mudcrab the other day.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They had every single character read identical parts to thin out obvious kinks. After not attending rightly, Ron(Seger) ordered writers to override the haphazard effort.

Knowledgeable nerds endure ennui.

Holy poo poo.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They had every single character read identical parts to thin out obvious kinks. After not attending rightly, Ron(Seger) ordered writers to override the haphazard effort.

Goddamnit.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I don't get it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

I don't get it.

First letter of each word.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

I don't get it.

read the first letter of each word

edit: bleh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How long have you been sitting on that one?

Brother Entropy posted:

First letter of each word.

Thanks for the help!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sonofabitch

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That the install size for NBA2k15 is like 50+ gigs. It'd be nice to install a lite version to play the general manager mode which is basically just spreadsheets and stats. Or the card game which is also very light on graphics/audio.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bloodborne: The loading screens are looong.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah that's an almost fatal flaw considering how much the game expects you to die.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I don't know if the fault lies with the game or possibly with the fan translation, but I've failed a quest for the first time in Nayuta no Kiseki because I had to gather a bunch of ingredients, including two Olm Shells, which I can't really gather because Olm Shells are not an ingredient that any single enemy in the game i've fought drops, and I combed the whole monster list twice just to be sure. I decided to check the only area left in the entire game where I could possibly find any new drops and that took me into the Epilogue chapter and made me fail the quest. Doesn't ruin the game, but it's really goddamn irritating having this happen after I've been doing mostly everything I can on my first playthrough.

The Colonel has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Mar 24, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

At least it gives you plenty of time to contemplate your death.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah that's an almost fatal flaw considering how much the game expects you to die.

Not to mention leveling up then getting back to the game requires you to sit through two of them in quick succession.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Any game with character creation that involves sliders is a pain in the rear end. Nope, I don't give a poo poo about if my nose is 1 inch or 1.1 inches long, just give me a bunch of presents to choose from.

90% of the games that have these options typically hide the faces anyway, so it's moot.

I remember Dragon's Dogma and Demon's Souls being quite terrible about this.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Morpheus posted:

:confused: I just did character/pawn creation in Dragon's Dogma (I'm late to the party, so sue me) and 99% of it was done with presets with only the occasional tweak when I wanted to change one little thing. It's not like Saint's Row or Dark Souls where you get to pick a single "base" and everything is done in sliders / color grids from there.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-dHz_FS98

Really only the first 90 seconds are relevant.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Any game with character creation that involves sliders is a pain in the rear end. Nope, I don't give a poo poo about if my nose is 1 inch or 1.1 inches long, just give me a bunch of presents to choose from.

90% of the games that have these options typically hide the faces anyway, so it's moot.

:chanpop: what a terrible opinion to have a post

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Morpheus posted:

Name one game that does this where it isn't entirely your choice

edit: Before you say Dark Souls, being hollow doesn't count

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I hooked up my X360 since, for Christmas, my bud gave me a couple game's I'd been meaning to play but never have. After booting it up I started poking around at all the games I had downloaded over the years and started up Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 because I couldn't remember why I never finished it.

turns out I'm still fuckin' mad they completely changed the controls from the first game

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

CJacobs posted:

I dunno; most of the time, for obvious reasons, either you can't see your character at all or you're staring at the back of their head. Unless a game has a lot of in-game cutscenes, there isn't any reason to sperg over the width of your nostrils. In fact, I often find extensive character customization options paralyzing in things like MMOs where nobody cares what you look like, never mind that you'll be slathered in pointy armor soon enough anyway.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

CJacobs posted:

Literally every RPG since you spend 99% of the time staring at the back of their head whether or not the front of their head is covered by a helmet or a mask.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What kind of third person video game puts the camera in front of your character facing their face, it's ok to just say "none of them do that" instead of grasping at straws. Yeah the game puts the camera facing the back of your guy's head and if you rotate the camera even one degree you will see the face of the character you created, I don't know why you're even presenting that like it's a legit point.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

CJacobs posted:

What kind of third person video game puts the camera in front of your character facing their face, it's ok to just say "none of them do that" instead of grasping at straws. Yeah the game puts the camera facing the back of your guy's head and if you rotate the camera even one degree you will see the face of the character you created, I don't know why you're even presenting that like it's a legit point.

It's okay to spend time customizing your characters face. I do it too. But you're still going to spend the majority of the game never actually seeing it except maybe a fleeting side glimpse when you're turning around like your example.

This is actually why I'm bummed when games have lovely hair options, since that's likely what I'll spend most of my time seeing.

And that's still ignoring that at least half games will have your head hidden behind a mask or helmet unless your choose to take the gear hit by not equipping one.

Acute Grill has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Mar 25, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
RPG's should have Butt sliders so you can modify the butt because you're forced to spend 30+ hours of the game staring at the butt anyway so it might as well be a nice or funny butt.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Croccers posted:

RPG's should have Butt sliders so you can modify the butt because you're forced to spend 30+ hours of the game staring at the butt anyway so it might as well be a nice or funny butt.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Croccers posted:

This butt unironically.

E: Just duplicate all the face sliders to the butt so I can see my waifu's face always.

Acute Grill has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Mar 25, 2015

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Croccers posted:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

thanks for the new wallpaper

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Morpheus posted:

The sliders are really good if you want to make funny-looking characters, but a lot of the time getting someone who looks normal can be really difficult. Which is why I like it when they give both options, there are a bunch of presets to mix and match but you can also go to advanced mode and use the sliders.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Pause not existing when I'm playing Resident Evil 6 on my own (sad I know). Unpausable cutscenes are bad enough, but seriously, if I'm playing a solo game no one can join, why the hell can't I pause it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NonzeroCircle posted:

Pause not existing when I'm playing Resident Evil 6 on my own (sad I know). Unpausable cutscenes are bad enough, but seriously, if I'm playing a solo game no one can join, why the hell can't I pause it?

Disable the online features and you can pause properly.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Can I use this so I can have the world's tiniest rear end?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Can I use this so I can have the world's tiniest rear end?

PYF thing dragging this game down: I can't make my black hole literal

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?

Oxxidation posted:

This. This and dark souls. I managed to beat resident evil 6 by hiding in corners but couldn't get through dark souls because I had an infant son when I played it and he was waking up to often for me to reasonably play the game. Come back after feeding him to find all my souls gone!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tiggum posted:

The sliders are really good if you want to make funny-looking characters, but a lot of the time getting someone who looks normal can be really difficult. Which is why I like it when they give both options, there are a bunch of presets to mix and match but you can also go to advanced mode and use the sliders.

A lot of the time when this is done, they have like four presets, typically "White Guy", "Asian Guy", "Black Guy".

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

:confused: I just did character/pawn creation in Dragon's Dogma (I'm late to the party, so sue me) and 99% of it was done with presets with only the occasional tweak when I wanted to change one little thing. It's not like Saint's Row or Dark Souls where you get to pick a single "base" and everything is done in sliders / color grids from there.

Eh maybe I'm mis-remembering Dragon's Dogma.

CJacobs posted:

Well, no being hollow doesn't count but way too many of the helmets hide your face anyway.

Not related to sliders, but Monster Hunter has you customize a character and then hide him entirely in armor. I gave my guy a sweet-rear end pompadour, and so far have found maybe three helmets that let me see it.

Elder Scrolls: spend a bunch of time trying to not make your character a troglodyte, literally never see it unless you're using the terrible third-person mode.

Basically any game without a 'hide helmets' option. At least Bioware got that right, removing helmets during dialogue in their games.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Morpheus posted:

Eh maybe I'm mis-remembering Dragon's Dogma.

Easy to do - there's so goddamn much in that game. I am cursing having a sprained knee primarily because I can't make it to the PS3 to pick it back up. 'Sall good. I was actually kind of confused - for all I know, there's some secret second set of sliders that lets you tweak your character's iris aperture or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Oxxidation posted:

Great! Thanks dude