Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Madolche are really fun! I just wish their new boss monster wasn't so terrible.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The other notorious change is that the starting player can't draw on their first turn.

And it still doesn't stop the player who goes first from having a huge advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Try a normal pendulum deck if you wanna get used to Pendulums. It's a super simple deck with a strategy reminiscent of OG yugioh. You summon big normal monsters, you hit people's faces with them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm glad I only use programs for playing the game, cause not getting your first draw is something I'd gently caress up every single time.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

quote:

And it still doesn't stop the player who goes first from having a huge advantage.

Really? I find that playing first often just means getting attacked and giving the initiative to your adversary, unless you run a trap heavy deck or have a strategy that depends on that.

For example, with my D/D/D deck I try to go first so I can set up the Covenants and possibly search for Leonidas, but my Frightfur deck I benefit for going second, so I can punish my opponent for summoning big monsters or for heavy backrow use with Saw Leo or Chain Sheep respectively.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 25, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I went out with a friend today to an anime store, and they sold Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. He really liked Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and asked me to send him where he can watch Arc-V. I'm spreading the Arc-V love, and as such doing a good deed.

...What I didn't do is buy cards because those are a bit too expensive. Sims work just fine. Talking about that, I should try making that Red-Eyes deck I keep wanting to make but am never entirely sure how to. I want it to support Fusion, but I also want to use the Red-Eyes Xyz, and I guess I should run First of the Dragons since it'll be full of Normal/Gemini monsters. Gah, why are there so many cool cards to use?!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
If any archetype I miss being truly outstanding, it's shaddolls. Its high variety of plays, extra deck summons, and floating effects made them so much fun.

I also miss HAT. Konami never needed to hit artifacts.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I wish they had continued to support Artifacts past their first set, like every other marquee archetype they've done in recent memory.

(Chakram and Lancea aren't nearly enough and barely even count.)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ghostricks. Are they viable? If not, why not, and can I overcome this by merging them with other adorable spooky cards.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jackfrost is a fairly splashable thing and Alucard is a staple in decks that can do Rank 3 plays.

Ghostricks aren't meta, but they're still a pretty solid deck. They have an alt-win condition that's pretty fun to pull off: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick_Dorklord

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, huh, anyone wants to play on ygopro?

I tried some random duels and I'm stuck with a shaddoll player being incredibly salty about my NK...for some reason.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I tried some random duels and I'm stuck with a shaddoll player being incredibly salty about my NK...for some reason.

I'm heading to bed right now and haven't yet put together a deck, but would you be up for some tomorrow evening?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'll play. Testing out my new deck. Pass will be void.

everythingWasBees posted:

Ghostricks. Are they viable? If not, why not, and can I overcome this by merging them with other adorable spooky cards.

It's a decent deck, but kinda tough to make work. I like Ghost of a Grudge which, while not a Ghostrick card basically is. My friend swears by Ghostrick Madolche

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I'm heading to bed right now and haven't yet put together a deck, but would you be up for some tomorrow evening?

Sure

Senerio posted:

Uh, I don't see you anywhere.

Gonna host on the USA server, nickname is the same and password is SA

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Senerio posted:

It's a decent deck, but kinda tough to make work. I like Ghost of a Grudge which, while not a Ghostrick card basically is. My friend swears by Ghostrick Madolche

How does Ghostrick Madolche work? That sounds like the cutest thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

How does Ghostrick Madolche work? That sounds like the cutest thing.

They're so adorable your opponent refuses to fight them.
This is a thing I found from last year so it's really out of date, but it has the basic idea
http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=100046
The Ghostricks support the Madolche for plays. Get out Alucard and all the Madolche stuff and :3: your opponent to death.

Also, thanks Dark_Tzitzimine for the games. Lag won the second one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

They're so adorable your opponent refuses to fight them.
This is a thing I found from last year so it's really out of date, but it has the basic idea
http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=100046
The Ghostricks support the Madolche for plays. Get out Alucard and all the Madolche stuff and :3: your opponent to death.

Thanks for the duels!

Sorry about the lag, my connection isn't exactly the best.

Infernoids are indeed an interesting deck, I need to think on how face them. UA's are also fun and is very interesting to see how different the two TCG warrior archetypes work.

As you could imagine, to play NK you need to be able to plan on the fly. Although that means turns tend to be a bit long :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Jackfrost is a fairly splashable thing and Alucard is a staple in decks that can do Rank 3 plays.

Ghostricks aren't meta, but they're still a pretty solid deck. They have an alt-win condition that's pretty fun to pull off: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick_Dorklord

Dorklord? That's one hell of a translation. :lol:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I have such an awful time using YGOPro to host and look for matches. Also I've got to put more Bedwyr in the Extra Deck for fighting Dark because it's very useful in the Mirror.

One problem with YGOPro is that it's very slow to update, so we're still on the old list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

So has anyone been able to make an Earthbound Immortals deck work yet? That's been my white whale lately. My first thought was frog mill, but it wasn't consistent enough. Then I just tried to play straight Earthbound Immortals support cards and that was even worse.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

So has anyone been able to make an Earthbound Immortals deck work yet? That's been my white whale lately. My first thought was frog mill, but it wasn't consistent enough. Then I just tried to play straight Earthbound Immortals support cards and that was even worse.

Long before Xyzs it was possible.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=792890

This is a guide from 2010 you can look at.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I installed devpro last night to play for the first time since zexal came out.

Opponent hit me with 3x mirror force, raigeki, :catstare:

I can't get rid of Pendulum monster, they keep coming back! :gonk:

It was pretty fun. Any viable build for counter trap deck?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Dorklord? That's one hell of a translation. :lol:

Fan translation. She hasn't come to the TCG yet, so she doesn't have an English name. It's a name that makes sense though.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Don't think I've seen a counter trap deck in a while, but it should be possible for casual play. You looking at the Counter Trap Fairies?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Nyaa posted:

Hey bro, ever heard of motherfuckign Jinzo?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mysticblade posted:

Don't think I've seen a counter trap deck in a while, but it should be possible for casual play. You looking at the Counter Trap Fairies?
Both counter fairy, dark counter, or a mix of them. Whichever works, but summoning van'dalgyon is the most fun part.

K. Flaps posted:

Not anti-trap deck. It's a trap type call Counter Trap.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Hey bro, ever heard of motherfuckign Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

The only thing I can think of that works (and not that consistently) is the Aslla Piscu TTK (Two Turn Kill)

Example of TTK

And Deck Profile Note: Being a year old, this deck build is severely outdated, but it should give an idea for the skeleton.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Why do I have this sneaking suspicion from this latest episode that Gon is going to run into the battle to save Selena thinking she's Yuzu, and when he once again pulls off being :kamina: Gongenzaka: The Manliest Duelist! :kamina:, she'll fall for him in the sort of "I must finish my mission (while being distracted by this hunky alpha-male)!" kind of way? But Gon will be completely oblivious because he is :kamina: Gongenzaka: The Manliest Duelist! :kamina: :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

K. Flaps posted:

Hey bro, ever heard of motherfuckign Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord?
Yeah, at this point I think inserting three of these into some existing archetype that can accept counter trap cards only would be better. Voltanis is a bit annoying to summon and use.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Just out of curiosity, how would you recommend someone to get back into children's card games? The deal is with me, I've been both reading this thread and playing YGO Duel World Carnival and got some nostalgia over archetypes I used to mess around with when I was younger.

The thing is? I'm... Not exactly sure where to go when it comes to either remaking my old decks, or try to make new ones. Would it best to sit down and watch Zexal/Arc-V, considering I stopped watching the anime entirely after season 1 of 5D's. How did you guys get back into YGO, if you ever took a break?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

Just out of curiosity, how would you recommend someone to get back into children's card games? The deal is with me, I've been both reading this thread and playing YGO Duel World Carnival and got some nostalgia over archetypes I used to mess around with when I was younger.

The thing is? I'm... Not exactly sure where to go when it comes to either remaking my old decks, or try to make new ones. Would it best to sit down and watch Zexal/Arc-V, considering I stopped watching the anime entirely after season 1 of 5D's. How did you guys get back into YGO, if you ever took a break?

As someone who brought cards, stopped, played online, stopped, and played online again. I mostly watched videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUgsAjmKgQk And you should definitly watch Arc-V

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LightningKimba posted:

Yugitubers, pojo, the wikia and lots of playing on devpro. I was working full-time at the time and yet it only took a month or 2 to get fully up to speed. I hadn't touched the game for about 3 years.

Definately watch Arc-V!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

K. Flaps posted:

Jinzo is fuckin' good as hell now. Check it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft66NPCZDog

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it took me two days to get up to speed. here's what you do:

skim the yugioh wiki

look up decklists for the archetypes you want to play

play ygopro/devpro/dn

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

just play ai qliphorts and burning abyss and such again and again on ygopro and you'll revise your deck real quick

Anybody know if there's any chance we get dorklord and ghostrick break anytime soon?

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 25, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

just play ai qliphorts and burning abyss and such again and again on ygopro and you'll revise your deck real quick

Anybody know if there's any chance we get dorklord and ghostrick break anytime soon?

You're in luck. This is coming out soon: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_Superstars

It's going to contain all the OCG/Korean exclusives from LVAL to...DUEA, I think, minus the Lovecraft stuff.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

You're in luck. This is coming out soon: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_Superstars

It's going to contain all the OCG/Korean exclusives from LVAL to...DUEA, I think, minus the Lovecraft stuff.

Minus what everyone wanted then. :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think Noden's ever coming to the TCG.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I'd love for there to be a viable Lovecraft deck.

Maybe when more of them come out, even if I struggle to see a common trend or strategy amongst them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I will miss Qliphorts being a viable deck archetype.

Slur fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 25, 2015