Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

That's your account name, not your community name. Just link your profile, dude.

Oh poo poo, that explains it. Sorry, here it is. I set up a new account after starting my first one like a year ago, and completely forgot about setting that stuff up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
nevermind

Unbalanced fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 28, 2015

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

WickedHate posted:

Oh poo poo, that explains it. Sorry, here it is. I set up a new account after starting my first one like a year ago, and completely forgot about setting that stuff up.

This dude's got two freaking games, give him something.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Now they have 5 games.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
One of these days I need to clear my backlog:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/theultimo

Which game series you recommend next?

Dead Islands (all)
Dead Risings (all)
Tomb Raiders (all)
Splinter Cells (missing pt and da)
Assassins Creeds (3,Rogue,unity,liberation)
Y'S (1,2,ORIGIN, Oath)
Darksiders (1,2)
Dark Souls (2)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

Now they have 5 games.
Holy loving poo poo thank you, thank you so so much, I appriciate it endlessly. The next time I have any money to burn I will absolutely get you something in return, thank you.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

This dude's got two freaking games, give him something.

It's a new account, I had others on my old one but I beat all the ones I cared about and decided I wanted a new profile without games that suck cluttering my profile up. I'm OCD and couldn't stand brodcasting to everyone that saw my account that I paid money for and played ARES. (Also I'm a girl btw; I don't mean to be a bitch about it, I just wouldn't feel right if I left that)

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 25, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Sir AIDS posted:

You're posting on a forum where people gladly hand out $20 to post on a forum and pay even more for advanced upgrades like "searching". In 2015.

You paid $20 to register? Wow Lowtax talk about inflation.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

theultimo posted:

Dead Islands (all)
Dead Risings (all)
Tomb Raiders (all)
Y'S (1,2,ORIGIN, Oath)
Darksiders (1,2)
Dark Souls (2)
The Dead Risings and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Don't bother with the Dead Islands and rear end Creed 3, they're all bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Looks like Resident Evil is off the table. Price hasn't fixed but transactions are failing after I confirm gift purchase.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

theultimo posted:

Dead Islands (all)
Dead Risings (all)
Tomb Raiders (all)
Y'S (1,2,ORIGIN, Oath)
Darksiders (1,2)
Dark Souls (2)

Splinter Cells and Dark Souls are my recommendations. Steer clear of Assassin's Creed 3, it was awful.

edit: Somehow missed Tomb Raiders, but I would recommend that series as well.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

theultimo posted:

Dead Islands (all)
Dead Risings (all)
Tomb Raiders (all)
Y'S (1,2,ORIGIN, Oath)
Darksiders (1,2)
Dark Souls (2)

I'd start with Dead Rising, assuming you can get it to run after Capcom screwed the pooch on patching out GFWL. DR is not for everyone, so might as well find out if you like it now.

Unless you mean you have Dead Rising 1 on console, in which case never mind about GFWL on that one.

Unbalanced fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 25, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

Looks like Resident Evil is off the table. Price hasn't fixed but transactions are failing after I confirm gift purchase.

I got them and am installing 4 as we speak. Thank you again, so much.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
So, New Zealanders seem like cool people.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Unbalanced posted:

I'd start with Dead Rising, assuming you can get it to run after Capcom screwed the pooch on patching out GFWL. DR is not for everyone, so might as well find out if you like it now.

Yeah I'm finishing shadow of mordor, but I did get dead Rising 2 working fine, except if you have a third party 360 controller or xbone one, they don't work. My ps4 with ds4windows works perfectly, oddly enough.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

theultimo posted:

Dead Islands (all)
Dead Risings (all)
Tomb Raiders (all)
Y'S (1,2,ORIGIN, Oath)
Darksiders (1,2)
Dark Souls (2)

The only Ys game I have experience with is Origin but it's pretty loving sweet, so I'd say check that out at least.

Also it's Ys not Y's :argh:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jamfrost posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back. I was wondering why the forums exploded this time of night. It's the drat Umbrella Corp. at it again.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jamfrost posted:

My new favorite nation of people! I'll root for them during the major sporting events they're involved in from now on. Olympics? New Zealand! Soccer? New Zealand! Cricket? I'll replace all the American flags in my neigborhood with New Zealand ones the night before the match!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Play Oath in Felghana. On nightmare mode.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Never play Ys VI engine games on Nightmare mode.

Speaking of, you could also wait until Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim comes out on Steam, which is rumored to happen later this year, before playing through the series.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Colonel posted:

At least don't start on hard difficulties. Once you have the game down it's not so bad.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

You can only do 10 transactions per hour.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

WickedHate posted:

I sent you a friend invite, because you need friends.

Mr. Blag gave me pure OJ to go with a board game. Also the same guy who traded for the RE games.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 25, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scalding Coffee posted:

I sent you a friend invite, because you need friends.

I do! Thank you! :3:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Unbearable posted:

You can only do 10 transactions per hour.
:mad: flood protection my rear end

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Actually, since everyone's posting links, I could use more steam friends. Be sure to add me if you like watching people idle poo poo-tier bundle games ad nauseam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/modus-pwnens/

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ragequit posted:

At least don't start on hard difficulties. Once you have the game down it's not so bad.

It's not that bad even if you do.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Friends for everyone.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Jamfrost posted:

Friends for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyw6kKMjp5A

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

The Colonel posted:

Huh, I only play Ys games on nightmare mode. It's amazingly fun to do so.

MediumWellDone
Oct 4, 2010

おいしいよね〜
ソースがね〜
濃厚だね〜
Posting steam keys for your enjoyment. Change the #'s to score these titles.

Reside#t evil 4 J86FP-5DX#T-ACXLY
R#sident evil 5 JA52Z-C8B#D-Z3N2F
Resident #vil 6 JA2Y7-8RTVR-ECTM#

Enjoy.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

MediumWellDone posted:

Posting steam keys for your enjoyment. Change the #'s to score these titles.

Reside#t evil 4 J86FP-5DX#T-ACXLY
Resident #vil 6 JA2Y7-8RTVR-ECTM#

Enjoy.

I hope you paid 33 new zealand cents for each of those

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MediumWellDone posted:

I agree, spear-throwing zombies in Africa are absolutely waifu material and not racist at all. Thanks!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

why would a zombie throw a spear

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Hog Inspector posted:

The zombies shoot crossbows tipped with dynamite, too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hog Inspector posted:

Is it true there was something in the game explaining that was because the virus made the infected like, "revert" to primitive ways or something? Because that is super hosed up and just more racist, if that wasn't a sarcastic joke.

Orv
May 4, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Is it true there was something in the game explaining that was because the virus made the infected like, "revert" to primitive ways or something? Because that is super hosed up and just more racist, if that wasn't a sarcastic joke.

People don't just call RE5 racist because all the zombies are black, it's just the most expedient option in a game riven with hosed up poo poo.

MediumWellDone
Oct 4, 2010

おいしいよね〜
ソースがね〜
濃厚だね〜

WickedHate posted:

Hey man, some people do may still throw spears for a living. That's just how it is might be. Sometimes I watch a show where Japanese man wearing a pink vest learns about the different tribes of the African continent. I haven't seen him meet a tribe that throws spears, but that man would accept them if they did. Could we say the same about you?

What I'm getting at is the RE5 is all about unfortunate coincidences.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Orv posted:

People don't just call RE5 racist because all the zombies are black, it's just the most expedient option in a game riven with hosed up poo poo.

Jesus loving Christ, Capcom.

By the way, a lot of people added me as a friend recently, so I wanted to say: I've actually literally never had friends on Steam before, so I don't know if like, adding something to your wishlist notifies other people or not. I'm sorry if it does and I'm not trying to do that to hint at people to buy me stuff, I just like queuing up stuff I wanna buy eventually in a convienent list, and I'm browsing Steam right now while Resi 4 installs.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

WickedHate posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Capcom.

By the way, a lot of people added me as a friend recently, so I wanted to say: I've actually literally never had friends on Steam before, so I don't know if like, adding something to your wishlist notifies other people or not. I'm sorry if it does and I'm not trying to do that to hint at people to buy me stuff, I just like queuing up stuff I wanna buy eventually in a convienent list, and I'm browsing Steam right now while Resi 4 installs.

i haven't friended you but this is like, THE WORST faux pas anyone ever made on steam. Wishlisting poo poo is SO gauche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

awesmoe posted:

i haven't friended you but this is like, THE WORST faux pas anyone ever made on steam. Wishlisting poo poo is SO gauche

Oh noooooooooooo. :( Time to walk into the ocean forever to absolve me of my shame.

• Locked thread