Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Oh look, another Senran Kagura player outs themself. (it's the Eagle face). Welcome to the fold brother, the gross, gross fold.

I was 600ish players short of that drat Mega Lucario in Shuffle. 10,000 points was just not enough. :negative:

Also how worried should I be that my friends are trying to stop me from playing Monster Hunter, so I can play Fantasy Life with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Anora posted:

Also how worried should I be that my friends are trying to stop me from playing Monster Hunter, so I can play Fantasy Life with them?

You can go 200 hours and still be early in the post-postgame.

So it'll be a nice intermission from Monster Hunter.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... where the hell did you find a orange GBA player?

Unlike the states Japan had every color of gba player you could want

There were also a few colors to match LE systems like on the light green Tales of Symphonia system

or the gundam system

Anora posted:

Oh look, another Senran Kagura player outs themself. (it's the Eagle face). Welcome to the fold brother, the gross, gross fold.

I tried it but that game was a horrible game and I've played my share of Bad Games. 64GB micro sd means I rarely make room on the gateway.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 25, 2015

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Senran Kagura a fun game.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Saagonsa posted:

Senran Kagura a fun game.

No.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

flyboi posted:

Unlike the states Japan had every color of gba player you could want

There were also a few colors to match LE systems like on the light green Tales of Symphonia system

or the gundam system

To elaborate further, the GB Player hardware isn't region locked, so you can use the differently colored ones on a US system as long as you possess a (rare and increasingly more expensive) US startup disc.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

flyboi posted:

NOT ENOUGH SYSTEMS :c00lbutt:

What the hell is a "GB Boy Colour?"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
GB Boy Colour is a Chinese GBC clone/system-on-a-chip with a bunch of built-in games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nettle Soup posted:

It gives you gems and coins. You'll think "oh well I'll just use these gems on hearts why not"

Don't use them on hearts, save your coins for mega mawile and loving mega gengar.

gently caress you, mega gengar, I'm done.

Mega Mewtwo is worse. I've been stuck on him for like a week.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's a fun if dumb beat em up

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saagonsa posted:

It's a fun if dumb beat em up

"Fun if dumb" describes literally every beat-em-up ever made.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

GB Boy Colour is a Chinese GBC clone/system-on-a-chip with a bunch of built-in games.

No built-in games, that's an Everdrive for it. It's a clone GBC with a backlit screen.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anora posted:

I think the fold is what we all want to be in anyway. :quagmire:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
There is no need to feel Senran Shame.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Call Yakuza dumb again and I'll do this to you

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

flyboi posted:

No built-in games, that's an Everdrive for it. It's a clone GBC with a backlit screen.

How is that GB Boy Color, BTW? I've been looking at one and was wondering about the build quality and compatibility with games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Wait Haruka gets to beat people up in 5 I thought she just had dance battles?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

precision posted:

You don't get raised by a former Yakuza associate and not pick up some moves. :colbert:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

It's just a mod unfortunately

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Help Im Alive posted:

Yakuza is so, so much more than just a beat em up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohkYgW3f3jI

gently caress, now I wand Yakuza on the 3DS :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anora posted:

Oh look, another Senran Kagura player outs themself. (it's the Eagle face).
3ds senrans dont have big boobs for icons? what world are we living in

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome! posted:

3ds senrans dont have big boobs for icons? what world are we living in

I guess it's so you can show your Home Menu to people without them questioning your games. Or something. I dunno.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

flyboi posted:

It might differ from model to model but the one I owned definitely had built-in games.

Wamdoodle posted:

How is that GB Boy Color, BTW? I've been looking at one and was wondering about the build quality and compatibility with games.

Mine only cost me $20 so I wasn't hugely disappointed but it was far from perfect (the aspect ratio is just wrong enough to be annoying, link cable/IR didn't work, sound didn't play back correctly). If you're seriously gonna play a Game Boy in 2015 you might as well get a legit GBC and have it modded with a frontlight.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh poo poo, the latest update seems to have allowed the Japanese to attach pins to folders.

That is exactly what I wanted them to make happen since the badge center became a thing, especially with the little 8-bit console and handheld badges they had available for a while.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

It might differ from model to model but the one I owned definitely had built-in games.

Mine only cost me $20 so I wasn't hugely disappointed but it was far from perfect (the aspect ratio is just wrong enough to be annoying, link cable/IR didn't work, sound didn't play back correctly). If you're seriously gonna play a Game Boy in 2015 you might as well get a legit GBC and have it modded with a frontlight.

Didn't they make a Gameboy Light for a while? Where's the best place to buy a GBC with a frontlight?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

This update brings an easter egg for new 3DS owners, try tapping the first few notes of SMB 1-1 on your bookmark page in the browser

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

.TakaM posted:

This update brings an easter egg for new 3DS owners, try tapping the first few notes of SMB 1-1 on your bookmark page in the browser

On the new 3DS or old 3DS?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
my girlfriend is convinced that this means the regular new 3ds is on its way to america.

goons c/d

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

strap on revenge posted:

my girlfriend is convinced that this means the regular new 3ds is on its way to america.

goons c/d

Nintendo probably submitted both the regular and XL N3DS to the FCC at the same time, because it likely takes several months to receive certification and I'd hazard they hadn't made a decision as to which they'd be releasing at that point.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They can announce the regular-sized New 3DS at E3 and talk about all the cover plates then.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Sounds like someone never played Castle Crashers!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I was doing such a good job of not buying a new 3ds. I was perfectly content with my 3ds xl. My binocular vision is terrible and I could never see the 3D effect on my 3ds worth a gently caress; if I squinted real hard and sorta crossed my eyes and cocked my head I could sort of see a difference, but I just turned it off and considered it a worthless feature for me. Then I made the mistake of looking at a new 3ds at the best buy. I could see the 3D. :negative: :retrogames: Now I have my local gamestop holding one of the Majora 3dses for me to pick up tomorrow.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Valatar posted:

I was doing such a good job of not buying a new 3ds. I was perfectly content with my 3ds xl. My binocular vision is terrible and I could never see the 3D effect on my 3ds worth a gently caress; if I squinted real hard and sorta crossed my eyes and cocked my head I could sort of see a difference, but I just turned it off and considered it a worthless feature for me. Then I made the mistake of looking at a new 3ds at the best buy. I could see the 3D. :negative: :retrogames: Now I have my local gamestop holding one of the Majora 3dses for me to pick up tomorrow.

This is a nice story and I'm glad the 3d works for you

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aussies, Big W has the Pokemon XY/2DS bundle for $120 right now, among other things.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aussies, Big W has the Pokemon XY/2DS bundle for $120 right now, among other things.

Gotta clarify that one; From what I can tell It's the standard Black/Blue 2DS, not the fancy translucent ones. Those still pop up at a few Targets though, incidentally. They have PS-Vita's for $150 too, which is pretty decent.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
This is probably a terrible topic to bring this up in, but does anyone own a GBA Micro? I've been itching to pick up some classic GBA titles (Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, Golden Sun titles, WarioWare, etc) and am wondering how people like the handheld.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dreyvas posted:

This is probably a terrible topic to bring this up in, but does anyone own a GBA Micro? I've been itching to pick up some classic GBA titles (Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, Golden Sun titles, WarioWare, etc) and am wondering how people like the handheld.

Generally I see people just hate it and think it's a dumb idea, while others just liked it because it was extremely portable.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

Generally I see people just hate it and think it's a dumb idea, while others just liked it because it was extremely portable.

This is generally what I'm going for. It has the same size screen, is backlit, has a rechargeable battery, etc. What's not to like?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Micro's screen has the same resolution as a regular GBA screen but it's definitely not the same size, it's about 1/3 smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Red Robin Hood posted:

So I guess GameStop is getting a restock of the MM new3DS XL. Each store is supposed to get 4 tomorrow. I called my local store and they're holding one for me. So... if ya want one. Give them a call!
I shrugged and called my GameStop. Turned out I was the 20th caller (just 2 hours after the news leaked) which meant the guy got to tell me that not only are they not receiving their shipment until mid-day, but "because this was a leaked internal memo" they don't have any protocol for how they're going to sell them. He says they don't plan on having a line and won't hold them for anyone either.

I kinda want to head over there in the afternoon just to watch the absolute chaos.