Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fil5000 posted:

did they ever really do anything with those lower coruscant levels aside from the time that the solo babies got lost down there?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Fil5000 posted:

did they ever really do anything with those lower coruscant levels aside from the time that the solo babies got lost down there?

Corran Horn got lost and had a run in with patches.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Fil5000 posted:

silvergoose posted:

Corran Horn got lost and had a run in with patches.

Gavin Darklighter went to a bar and was almost killed for being an anti-alien bigot because he refused to dance with an alien.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Milky Moor posted:

Gavin Darklighter went to a bar and was almost killed for being an anti-alien bigot because he refused to dance with an alien.

And then he hosed the alien after asking Corran if it's ok to gently caress aliens.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

TheSpiritFox posted:

And then he hosed the alien after asking Corran if it's ok to gently caress aliens.

lol if you wouldn't gently caress a goat lady http://imgur.com/JJxmHfr

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

Nah that was in invisec but not super low down I thought.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

silvergoose posted:

Nah that was in invisec but not super low down I thought.

Yeah it was basically just the ghetto, not a layer of hell

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wonder how many times an old person accidentally wandered into the lower city wasteland and got eaten because they hit the wrong button on the elevator.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Namarrgon posted:

High literature right there.

Best part is they're quoting from a childrens book or tv show or something they were reading/watching earlier. I think it was about a bantha.

Milky Moor posted:

Was that in the second rogue squadron book? Because weirdly I never read that one. All the others, just not that one.

Tender Bender posted:

I wonder how many times an old person accidentally wandered into the lower city wasteland and got eaten because they hit the wrong button on the elevator.

No that can't happen because there are plates welded over the lower buttons. That's the safety measure.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Fil5000 posted:

They almost made a video game, Star Wars: 1313.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

gavin darklighter is a really stupid name

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

david... posted:

gavin darklighter is a really stupid name

not as quite as stupid as his cousin, Biggs Darklighter, or Biggs' dad, Huff Darklighter

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

my name is alan lightwalker

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

not bad

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I know they said they were going for anime, but apart from the faces this feels more like Star Wars: Heavy Metal.

red polo shirts
Jan 16, 2015

shiksa posted:

The citizens of Alderaan were known for their use of a stimulant found in the planet's lush forests, known as Kibosh. Once processed, it formed a crystalline green (!) powder that was often inhaled through the nostrils (link to Wookiepedia page on noses). Kibosh was legal on Alderaan, but was still treated as a minor vice. Users were often spotted with an abnormally long fingernail used for scooping the fine powder. It never found much of a user base outside of the system, due to other planets not having the lax laws Alderaan had concerning the substance, so after the destruction of Alderaan, Kibosh is assumed to be an eradicated, or at least extremely rare substance.

Oh god I almost bought this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

shiksa posted:

The citizens of Alderaan were known for their use of a stimulant found in the planet's lush forests, known as Kibosh. Once processed, it formed a crystalline green (!) powder that was often inhaled through the nostrils (link to Wookiepedia page on noses). Kibosh was legal on Alderaan, but was still treated as a minor vice. Users were often spotted with an abnormally long fingernail used for scooping the fine powder. It never found much of a user base outside of the system, due to other planets not having the lax laws Alderaan had concerning the substance, so after the destruction of Alderaan, Kibosh is assumed to be an eradicated, or at least extremely rare substance.

So did the space coke turn force sensitive and bail out before the death star or what? Assuming yes if this is supposed to be EU stuff.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

I would probably watch this television anime show.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lord of Pie posted:

So did the space coke turn force sensitive and bail out before the death star or what? Assuming yes if this is supposed to be EU stuff.

The last known shipment of Kibosh to leave Alderaan left on a ship owned by Lando Calrissian, a former smuggler who was beginning to find the straight life boring. Upon learning of Alderaan's destruction, Calrissian changed his plan of selling the shipment on the black market of other systems and instead kept it as a personal supply for himself and his friends for special occasions. Reportedly, one of those "special occasions" was right before Calrissian's run through the unfinished Second Death Star, as it was close enough to a suicide mission to warrant such a last pleasure. Calrissian gave partial credit to the stimulant for helping him navigate through the maze of steel beams and outrun the fireball chasing the Millennium Falcon.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is a holy poo poo amount of effort. He could have used so many short cuts to reduce the amount of work without impacting the look, but he goes and over animates everything while screaming gently caress it lets do this. Those mega gratuitous flyby passes, swings of the camera, even when in simple panning shots he animates the slight changes in angle. Well done and I can't imagine the number of man hours commited.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

oohhboy posted:

That is a holy poo poo amount of effort. He could have used so many short cuts to reduce the amount of work without impacting the look, but he goes and over animates everything while screaming gently caress it lets do this. Those mega gratuitous flyby passes, swings of the camera, even when in simple panning shots he animates the slight changes in angle. Well done and I can't imagine the number of man hours commited.

Something like four years apparently.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That poo poo owned a lot and...is probably one of the best Star Wars things ever made.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
god that rotoscoping does not fit the anime feel. the pilots running at the beginning feels really dumb

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It reminds me of old anime where everything was hand drawn.

Like I think that would not be out of place coming out as an official addition to SW in the 80's.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ugh sand people theyre the worst

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/star-wars-tatooine-isis-tunisia/

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

pfs Write posted:

god that rotoscoping does not fit the anime feel. the pilots running at the beginning feels really dumb

to me it's completely pro-tier ... except for the music :shepicide:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
two separate threads i read are having the same exact convo abt that

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Hi I am the rogue jedi Jockname Coolverber.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Galvo Knifegunner

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Fucko fuckfucker

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation