Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So how are you supposed to dodge Ukanlos's homing attack? I'm getting pretty frustrated here because the best advice I'm getting is "oh just Superman dodge at a 45 degree angle towards it!" and it hasn't worked in dozens of dodge attempts, mostly because he seems to turn around almost instantly and hit me as I'm getting back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

So how are you supposed to dodge Ukanlos's homing attack? I'm getting pretty frustrated here because the best advice I'm getting is "oh just Superman dodge at a 45 degree angle towards it!" and it hasn't worked in dozens of dodge attempts, mostly because he seems to turn around almost instantly and hit me as I'm getting back up.

do it again

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

The one where he's submerged in the ice and coming towards you? You just kind of... keep running perpendicular to him until he's past you. It's kind of hard to explain in words, but you don't need to superman dive. It looks like he's going to hit you, but you can run through the chunks of ice around him without taking damage.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Mr. Trampoline posted:

The one where he's submerged in the ice and coming towards you? You just kind of... keep running perpendicular to him until he's past you. It's kind of hard to explain in words, but you don't need to superman dive. It looks like he's going to hit you, but you can run through the chunks of ice around him without taking damage.

Yeah this is the way to do it. Once he goes past you a little bit he should just pop up out of the ground. That attack is one of the very very few I've seen that you actually can't dodge with the superman dive's invincibility so I don't like to use it when he's burrowed.

e: Guess I've never tried doing it straight at him :v:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 25, 2015

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

You can actually just superman dive directly towards him and most of the time you'll slide up and over his back completely safe. The other small percentage of the time you'll take the full-on damage which will kill you as a gunner but hey, it's worth the risk, right?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Colapops posted:

You can actually just superman dive directly towards him and most of the time you'll slide up and over his back completely safe. The other small percentage of the time you'll take the full-on damage which will kill you as a gunner but hey, it's worth the risk, right?

Note that you need Constitution to enable panic dive toward a monster.

Other solution: Farcaster. There's a reason there is a bunch in the stash.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I tend to run perpendicular to him one way for a while, then go the other way when he gets too close; he seems to be alright at turning to keep up with you (annoyingly so, in fact), but he doesn't reverse directions well. It might be unnecessary since people are apparently having success just running the one way, but it works for me.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

You want to run towards Ukanlos and get behind him as quickly as possible since his speed will keep increasing until he gets you or he gives up on you. Not even perpendicular, just run at him once he pops up and turn a little bit to one side until you get behind him and he gives up. You shouldn't need to flop dodge unless he starts the attack from a mile away and he has a ton of time to build up speed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gaffle posted:

You want to run towards Ukanlos and get behind him as quickly as possible since his speed will keep increasing until he gets you or he gives up on you. Not even perpendicular, just run at him once he pops up and turn a little bit to one side until you get behind him and he gives up. You shouldn't need to flop dodge unless he starts the attack from a mile away and he has a ton of time to build up speed.

Ohh, okay, that explains why sometimes I seemed to dodge it very unreliably. Also I was totes using the Farcaster strategy :v: I also know that isn't the way you're supposed to do it and I want to be able to fight him the right way in case I ever need to.

Thanks, I'll try these out later tonight.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Best solution is to block which gives you many free hits.

The ancient scroll unlocked ulkanos is much faster than normal, and you need to run perpendicular but also at a slight angle away to dodge the homing attack. This means most people are not going to dodge him, and sometimes it's just straight up impossible to dodge when you're already near the map edge.

So, bring a GS, which is also great for tripping him by charge hitting his feet, and Just Block.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zo posted:

Just Block.

I shoulda mentioned I love Insect Glaives :downs:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Just hop over him then

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

The White Dragon posted:

I shoulda mentioned I love Insect Glaives :downs:

So do I, but GS is just so much better for some of the harder hunts like ancient scroll ulkanos, level 140 rajang/tiesto etc.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
That scroll Ukanlos is a humongous sack of garbage. Normal Ukanlos is a pretty easy fight usually but that guy is the only fight in the game I've tried a bunch of times and never beaten.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Anyone have an abundance of GQ126+ quests they can trade my group? We are just breaking into the real endgame and this would be huge help.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Hardbody posted:

Anyone have an abundance of GQ126+ quests they can trade my group? We are just breaking into the real endgame and this would be huge help.
Is a level 120 Deviljho good enough?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I really don't like how monsters in the Everwood can just up and gently caress off, especially when they're inches from death. I don't know why this is a feature, outside of trolling the player.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

I really don't like how monsters in the Everwood can just up and gently caress off, especially when they're inches from death. I don't know why this is a feature, outside of trolling the player.

It's to offset the infinite timer and unlimited carts.

That being said I agree and think the Everwood would have been nicer with the features of a regular quest. Unlimited time to explore four to five pre-set areas? Great! Hope you're happy you broke all of Gore Magala's parts and he flew off!

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I have all the parts required to craft a piece of armor, but it does not show up in the selection of armor's that The Man will craft. What could I be missing here? Can an armor be locked behind a quest, even i you've gotten all the parts to craft it?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

LibbyM posted:

I have all the parts required to craft a piece of armor, but it does not show up in the selection of armor's that The Man will craft. What could I be missing here? Can an armor be locked behind a quest, even i you've gotten all the parts to craft it?

Not at all. Which set are you making?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Not at all. Which set are you making?

I'm trying to make Adamance, just so I can see what punish draw is like with my greatsword. It seems to be the earliest craftable punish draw set. (I'm only on hr4 and caravan 8)

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/chest/adamance-plate

VV I went through that confusion when at first I was looking for gloaming armor, female hunter here.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 25, 2015

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

LibbyM posted:

I'm trying to make Adamance, just so I can see what punish draw is like with my greatsword. It seems to be the earliest craftable punish draw set. (I'm only on hr4 and caravan 8)

Is your hunter a guy? Some armor sets are named differently for each gender, look for Gloaming armor.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

LibbyM posted:

Huh. It should show up since I assume you have at least a single Shell and your hunter is female--have you checked some of the other pages The Man has in that menu? Should be in the pages with the yellow-colored icons.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Guild Quest monsters have increased HP just like gathering hall monsters, don't they :negative:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I went and did a quest and came back, was able to find Adamance after that. Was it a bug or just me being completely loving blind? Probably the latter unfortunately.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Well, I've finally hit my first major roadblock. gently caress Brute Tigrex. I was not expecting his roars to be able to tear apart time and space. The U-turn roars are loving me too. Any advice?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sitchelin posted:

Well, I've finally hit my first major roadblock. gently caress Brute Tigrex. I was not expecting his roars to be able to tear apart time and space. The U-turn roars are loving me too. Any advice?
Brute Tigrex can be rough if you aren't mobile and agile. What worked for me was just loving off for a minute whenever he enraged :v:

Seriously though, he has a really obvious tell for when he's enraged, which is that his arms and face start glowing red, so there's that, at least. The most important things you can know is that he'll chain his bulldozer charge up to three times (so never, ever close to attack when he's doing it unless you've been counting, just to be safe) and that he doesn't have a lot of horizontal range with his scream (you can dodge it simply by moving some ways to the right or left when you see him winding up for it). If you can at all prioritize it, try to take off his tail because that dramatically reduces the range of his spin attack. Remember that most of his attacks involve straight lines, and try to dung bomb him if he moves to any area that you personally consider to be a little too close-quarters for comfort--for me, that's 1 and 3 on the Dunes. Oh, and don't stay too far away from him because he'll just snipe you with frighteningly-accurate boulders. Fortunately, they tend to just hit the environment if you're on barely uneven terrain, so use that to your advantage.

Good luck, man. I know how roadblock monsters feel.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

sitchelin posted:

Bring a Charge Blade, guard point all his crap. Brute Tigrex throws himself headfirst into my shield and crumples like wet cardboard.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

What's a Guard Point? Just block poo poo?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is crimson fatalis weak to and what kind or armor do i want to bring?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sitchelin posted:

What's a Guard Point? Just block poo poo?

Block when you have your weapon buffed via the Sword+Shield>Axe animation.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Fauxtool posted:

Dragon and something that will let you not die in 1 hit

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

The answer to both is dragon. All fatalis versions deal and are weak to dragon damage. crimson also deals fire but is weak to ice too.

Also, is it possible to fight normal Fatalis in the caravan? I just realized I've been farming the crimson one this entire time. :psyduck:

Chumpy
Dec 28, 2008

Nap Ghost

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The answer to both is dragon. All fatalis versions deal and are weak to dragon damage. crimson also deals fire but is weak to ice too.

Also, is it possible to fight normal Fatalis in the caravan? I just realized I've been farming the crimson one this entire time. :psyduck:

So how do you feel about eggs?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Chumpy posted:

Leave the eggs, take the canoli.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Chumpy posted:

I did the egg quests in caravan. That unlocks CRIMSON Fatalis.

I want regular Fatalis.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

I want regular Fatalis.

Requires HR 70, Guild 7 for the HR one.

Get cracking.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I want regular Fatalis.

Nooooooooo, it unlocks regular Fatalis.

Crimson Fatalis is the 10th G*Special scroll you decipher.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

No really, the egg quests is crimson fatalis HR

Scrolls is crimson fatalis G rank

HR70 gets you a fatalis in gathering hall HR

Japanese DLC gets you fatalis gathering hall G rank

There is no offline Fatalis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle