Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

It's worth pointing out that another key difference between Glenn Danzig and Hugh Jackman is that Jackman was already a professional actor when he was cast, and Danzig was and is not.

True, I was just thinking more about their appearences. It's not like there aren't any short, hairy actors in Hollywood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Danny DeVito as Wolverine.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

muscles like this? posted:

Danny DeVito as Wolverine.

Claws also used for trimming toenails and cutting up crow meat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they just used the Alien credits.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of weird that they just used the Alien credits.

Maybe because it would be just as horrifying?

e: now you can't stop thinking of a larval Danny DeVito bursting snikting out of John Hurt's chest.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 22, 2015

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008
Instead of Danzig, I'd rather live in the world where Bob Hoskins played Wolverine at one point.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
If I was casting Wolverine NOW, McAvoy would be my choice.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

MGTen posted:

Instead of Danzig, I'd rather live in the world where Bob Hoskins played Wolverine at one point.

The monkey paw grants you a world in which a baffling Old Man Logan adaptation co-starring John Leguizamo as Hawkeye was made in place of the Mario Bros movie.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

MGTen posted:

If what iFanboy says is true, that world would have given us a Kathryn Bigelow directed X-film, co-produced by Chris Claremont, starring Angela Bassett as Storm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, I got you. Beastly and animalistic is how Wolverine should look. And not in a sexy way, like werewolves in trashy books.

If memory serves there's even a cover from that run where the two versions are facing off. I think they left the book because they got tired of editorial interference and not too much later the Millar Enemy of the State story began.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Apparently there was some sort of mutiversal incursion in Earth Prime's White House today.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Now Obama has to destroy Earth-47 :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know DC does fake presidents, but the president in Marvel is almost always the irl presiedent. What was the first sitting president to appear in a Marvel comic?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I looked on the Marvel Wikia, and my best guess is FDR.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Franklin_Roosevelt_(Earth-616)
Marvel Mystery Comics #10, 1940

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

George Washington.

As a zombie.

But still!

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
This is usually the point where somebody posts the page where Richard Nixon* is exposed as the leader of the Secret Empire and blows his head off in front of Captain America, so I'll do the honors:

* no, they don't actually explicitly say it, but COME ON.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So without context, according to the internet, "You're being an idiot. They're the TEEN Titans. As in EIGHTEEN. It's fine."

I dislike the internet.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

So without context, according to the internet, "You're being an idiot. They're the TEEN Titans. As in EIGHTEEN. It's fine."

I dislike the internet.

Oh, poo poo, what happened? :ohdear:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I dislike the internet.

I seriously don't blame you at all.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Given the emphasis on the age of consent I'm sure the context is horrifying and reminiscent of why this is now the only comics board I frequent. Ugh.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

WickedHate posted:

Oh, poo poo, what happened? :ohdear:

I'm just going to guess it involves Starfire, and even if I'm wrong there, it involves the hypersexualization of teenagers, who might technically be above the age of consent (but since they're all fictional characters not real people, whatever the law on the book is doesn't really enter into a moral conversation).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SomeMathGuy posted:

Given the emphasis on the age of consent I'm sure the context is horrifying and reminiscent of why this is now the only comics board I frequent. Ugh.

I don't know what you're talking about! People who rules-lawyer age of consent are always pleasant, engaging conversationalists and probably upstanding citizens in general.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Actually it's about ethics in child loving.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Oh hey chat thread

:yikes:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

Oh hey chat thread

:yikes:

How many posts about pedophelia have been reported today?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why do the forums hate Max Landis?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Why do the forums hate Max Landis?
He's a misogynistic douchebag PUA.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

He's a misogynistic douchebag PUA.

Mostly this, but I also can't get over that his dad is a celebrated director who murdered two children. Like it's different with the family of most murderers, most are rightfully seen as monsters by the people related to them, but Max and his dad are apparently totally cool with each other, and to say that rubs me the wrong way is an understatement.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, what's up with the guy not hating his dad?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If my dad at some point killed kids and used his money and connections to escape all responsibility, I would hate him. It's not unreasonable.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah.

gently caress that guy for not instantly hating his dad from birth for a tragedy that happened before he was born and probably didn't have any interaction or connection with growing up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WickedHate posted:

If my dad at some point killed kids and used his money and connections to escape all responsibility, I would hate him. It's not unreasonable.

I think that you are an alien that is trying to act human but is failing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Actually it's about ethics in child murder.

Remember when this thread was about comics?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

I think that you are an alien that is trying to act human but is failing.
Something like that.

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah.

gently caress that guy for not instantly hating his dad from birth for a tragedy that happened before he was born and probably didn't have any interaction or connection with growing up.

Unironically this. None of that stuff matters.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know very little about Landis beyond the movie Chronicle (which I liked) and the infamous Spider-Man fanfic he wrote like 15 years ago (which I didn't).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I liked his videos about Batman he made while he was in college but I was lacking the context of him being a rich douche son of a murderer pick up artist.

I still think he's a very funny guy who has a lot of good insight into stuff he talks about, as illustrated by his Superman vs Joker comic, which is basically the giantest middle finger to what the Joker has become recently and to people who think he's the best fictional character of all time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know very little about Landis beyond the movie Chronicle (which I liked) and the infamous Spider-Man fanfic he wrote like 15 years ago (which I didn't).

I'm asking because he did an apparently well received WWE video similar to his Death of Superman one that I liked and it reminded me, why does everyone hate this guy again?

Lurdiak posted:

I liked his videos about Batman he made while he was in college but I was lacking the context of him being a rich douche son of a murderer pick up artist.

I still think he's a very funny guy who has a lot of good insight into stuff he talks about, as illustrated by his Superman vs Joker comic, which is basically the giantest middle finger to what the Joker has become recently and to people who think he's the best fictional character of all time.

I haven't read that, can you elaborate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Remember when this thread was about comics?

Actually it's about ethics in SomethingAwful forums posting.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Max Landis actually does really good stuff(aside from that awful Shocker thing), which makes it all the sadder he's such a dick. I loving loooove that Superman vs Joker thing(I like Superman and hate the Joker), and he did that wrestling video in the style of his Death and Return of Superman thing that is indeed pretty cool(though he still comes off as a smug prick).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

zoux posted:

I haven't read that, can you elaborate.

Joker sets up a whole elaborate plan to force Superman to meet with him or have Metropolis explode, and then he does one of his usual monologues about being crazy and thinking chaos is the best, and Superman says he doesn't see what the big deal with Joker is, he just kind of sounds like an idiot who thinks he's clever and likes to hear himself talk. Then he points out he's disarmed all his bombs while he was talking.

It's written as a very blatant takedown of people who love Joker too much and think "Batgod" is a million times cooler than stupid Superman.

• Locked thread