Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuLFe
Oct 21, 2010

Terebus posted:

The game I'm thinking of was an old platformer where you could choose between 3 different robot characters that had their own unique models. I believe they could transform. Some of them could hook upwards. It was pretty dark. I'll try to remember other details if anyone can help.

Finally get to answer one - this is definitely "Metal Mutants" :)

I played the hell out of that game when I was a kid, but could never finish it (didn't help that the text was in French though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBwgdaHXrvM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

But Not Tonight posted:

This was a Starfox-like MMO, had a pretty decent goon presence a few years back. It had a few name changes but one of them had Air-something as one of the titles. Anyone remember this?

Strike Vector?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-eR8-SdFsw

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

But Not Tonight posted:

This was a Starfox-like MMO, had a pretty decent goon presence a few years back. It had a few name changes but one of them had Air-something as one of the titles. Anyone remember this?

I want to say Air Rivals?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

But Not Tonight posted:

Ace Online had 3 types of plane and a tank you could play as, with Starfox-esque combat.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Pneub posted:

What does 'hook upwards' mean?

Hakkesshu posted:

What does "old" mean? What era?

a medical mystery posted:

Metal Warriors?

wuLFe posted:

I played the hell out of that game when I was a kid, but could never finish it (didn't help that the text was in French though)

Sorry for the lack of details, I was in a rush so I wrote the post quickly. wuLFe has it right! Thanks a lot! That game was awesome, but just like you I never beat it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

wuLFe posted:

what the gently caress is going on at 28:08

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

duckfarts posted:

The good old days when people weren't terribly worried about concepts like "poo poo that makes sense" in video games. :unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

duckfarts posted:

:stare: :can:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

*ahem* im p sure a robot came out of that can, please fix your smiley

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Pengu! posted:

I want to say Air Rivals?

Zaodai posted:

Ace Online had 3 types of plane and a tank you could play as, with Starfox-esque combat.

Yep, this was it. I played it back when it was called Space Cowboy Online (completely forgot that name obv), and a little bit when it came back as Ace Online/Air Rivals. Thanks much.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
I have to ask about another game with very little details, sorry. I played this game when I was very young so I remember it very vaguely.

It's an action adventure game from the late 80s early 90s. I think the graphics were pretty good for it's time, but I can't remember correctly. It had a point and click interface and you had to have fairly quick reactions to get through the game, lots of dying, but games of that era were full of that. It was from a first person point of view and you possibly had to shoot people? It had a sort of Indiana Jones vibe with Nazis in it I believe. One of the levels had you start on a pier and you had to navigate around, it might have been the start of the game. I believe you also had to hijack and tank and blow up a warehouse.

Again, sorry for being so vague, I was really young when I played this game.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm trying to remember the name of a point-and-click adventure game, I assume from the early/mid 90s. It's sci-fi, no humor in it that I can remember, and starts on a spaceship or space station that was really dark, possibly with green or orange computer bits. I think one of the early things you do is go around looking for some discs?

The only other thing I remember about the game is that it was on CD (possibly two discs), and it would not work at all if your CD-ROM drive was mapped to something other than D.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
What was the NES game where you were a bunch of bald goofy looking martial arts dudes (it was 2 player) with a kind of 3/4 angle view, and you had to kill enemies until the door opened at the top of the screen?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Grizlor posted:

What was the NES game where you were a bunch of bald goofy looking martial arts dudes (it was 2 player) with a kind of 3/4 angle view, and you had to kill enemies until the door opened at the top of the screen?
Kung Fu Heroes?

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

There's a couple of PC games I've been trying to find for ages. Both of them should be from the mid 90's. They were both kind of lovely, but I would love to see them again out of nostalgia. Unfortunately, my memories of them are super vague:

1. You played some kind of future cop. You flew (or maybe drove?) around a city chasing down criminals The game was in full 3D.
2. This was also in full 3D. You were fighting off an alien invasion in the desert. The different levels were progressively more difficult waves of aliens. You periodically got different ways of fighting i.e. one level you're stuck in a turret, but another level you get a free moving vehicle of some kind. I remember some of the enemies were independence day style UFOs. I think the UFOs had a lot of purple in their color scheme?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Armor-Piercing posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a point-and-click adventure game, I assume from the early/mid 90s. It's sci-fi, no humor in it that I can remember, and starts on a spaceship or space station that was really dark, possibly with green or orange computer bits. I think one of the early things you do is go around looking for some discs?

The only other thing I remember about the game is that it was on CD (possibly two discs), and it would not work at all if your CD-ROM drive was mapped to something other than D.

The Dig?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Thingyman posted:

There's a couple of PC games I've been trying to find for ages. Both of them should be from the mid 90's. They were both kind of lovely, but I would love to see them again out of nostalgia. Unfortunately, my memories of them are super vague:

1. You played some kind of future cop. You flew (or maybe drove?) around a city chasing down criminals The game was in full 3D.
2. This was also in full 3D. You were fighting off an alien invasion in the desert. The different levels were progressively more difficult waves of aliens. You periodically got different ways of fighting i.e. one level you're stuck in a turret, but another level you get a free moving vehicle of some kind. I remember some of the enemies were independence day style UFOs. I think the UFOs had a lot of purple in their color scheme?

1. Robocop 3D? That was based off Robocop 3 largely so he had the jetpack and did fly around the city in some levels.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

That would be too convenient with it going on GOG, but no, it's not The Dig.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Thingyman posted:

I'm guessing Incoming.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

chairface posted:

1. Robocop 3D? That was based off Robocop 3 largely so he had the jetpack and did fly around the city in some levels.

I looked it up and this is way earlier than what I'm thinking; it was from the era of hardware acceleration.

Also, I LOVED Robocop as a kid. I'd definitely remember if it was a robocop game.

MMAgCh posted:

I'm guessing Incoming.

Yes! Thank you!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Thingyman posted:

Resolution 101?

"You are a law enforcement officer in control of a hovercraft as you hunt down drug runners across a futuristic city."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Thingyman posted:

I looked it up and this is way earlier than what I'm thinking; it was from the era of hardware acceleration.

Also, I LOVED Robocop as a kid. I'd definitely remember if it was a robocop game.

Yes! Thank you!

Were you a dude or a vehicle? If it's a vehicle I'm thinking G-Police. If it was a dude maybe Urban Chaos.

e: Well, those games are much older than what you're thinking of.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

al-azad posted:

Were you a dude or a vehicle? If it's a vehicle I'm thinking G-Police. If it was a dude maybe Urban Chaos.

e: Well, those games are much older than what you're thinking of.

It was G-Police! Haha, I did not expect both of these to be answered so quickly.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

duckfarts posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Terebus posted:

I have to ask about another game with very little details, sorry. I played this game when I was very young so I remember it very vaguely.

It's an action adventure game from the late 80s early 90s. I think the graphics were pretty good for it's time, but I can't remember correctly. It had a point and click interface and you had to have fairly quick reactions to get through the game, lots of dying, but games of that era were full of that. It was from a first person point of view and you possibly had to shoot people? It had a sort of Indiana Jones vibe with Nazis in it I believe. One of the levels had you start on a pier and you had to navigate around, it might have been the start of the game. I believe you also had to hijack and tank and blow up a warehouse.

Again, sorry for being so vague, I was really young when I played this game.

Heart of China? Seems like you would remember the Chinese theme, but it is a very pulpy first person adventure game where you hijack a tank at one point.

If not that, Dynamix made another similar game called Rise of the Dragon.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Hakkesshu posted:

Heart of China? Seems like you would remember the Chinese theme, but it is a very pulpy first person adventure game where you hijack a tank at one point.

Heart of China also had a pier/dock as its very first screen.

RotD was cyberpunk though, no tanks or nazis. Also the action bits were side scrolling.

moller fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 20, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

The Orion Conspiracy?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Hakkesshu posted:

The Orion Conspiracy?
Nope. I went through a second list of adventure games just now though and it was one that I'd ignored the first time even after looking at screenshots: Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure. It's more well-lit than I remember, and I'm surprised I somehow don't really recognize the characters, but I remember this kickin' rad VIDEO-CD drive:

Turns out it's a terrible game. Not really surprised.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Hakkesshu posted:

I think you're right and it was Heart of China. I was really young when I played this game but I remember the tank driving section.

Thanks, good call!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Kung Fu Heroes?

That was it, thanks!

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

A handful of people posted:

10/six

Thank you! That was it. I remember it being insane but it was neat driving around your base because it let you climb up your dumb structures and do unintentional hoverboard parkour. I loved that :unsmith:

edit: wow, it does still exist. That's hilarious. I could've sworn it died out pretty fast.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 21, 2015

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Top down futuristic game with original Grand Theft Auto style graphics. You're an assassin and you're trying to kill your targets without drawing too much attention. I think it's in early access or beta form as it's a recent game.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
There was this side scrolling platformer in the 90's called something like 'cosmic space kid' (Although google doesn't come up with anything for that) and as I remember it the colour pallete was mostly red and yellow. That might just be my memory playing tricks on me. It had a really cool soundtrack. I can't really recall anything more than that about it... any ideas?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

!Klams posted:

There was this side scrolling platformer in the 90's called something like 'cosmic space kid' (Although google doesn't come up with anything for that) and as I remember it the colour pallete was mostly red and yellow. That might just be my memory playing tricks on me. It had a really cool soundtrack. I can't really recall anything more than that about it... any ideas?

Cosmic Spacehead.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

!Klams posted:

Most likely Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade aka Cosmic Spacehead (which probably is the title you remember).

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
I have been trying to find this game for like a decade. All I remember is playing it with a friend on a commodore, and you were an astronaut or looked like one and I think opera was in the title? I remember thinking the music was cool.

Otherwise it was a side scroller or platform game, and you moved sort of like the knights in joust.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mulloy posted:

I have been trying to find this game for like a decade. All I remember is playing it with a friend on a commodore, and you were an astronaut or looked like one and I think opera was in the title? I remember thinking the music was cool.

Otherwise it was a side scroller or platform game, and you moved sort of like the knights in joust.
Metranaut?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Hakkesshu posted:

Cosmic Spacehead.

KennyMan666 posted:

Most likely Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade aka Cosmic Spacehead (which probably is the title you remember).

Man.... Yes! Thanks guys!

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I played something several years ago that had a character that I'm pretty sure was named Abalone. I feel like this guy was a sort of wrestler-type character, but a swimmer as well (?) or something like that, and he kept calling you, the player, shrimp. It was a whole nautical theme and you had to best him in a pool or something like that. In my mind, he kind of looked like one of those M.U.S.C.L.E. guys. The whole thing was supposed to be humorous and weird.

My brain wants this to have been a Shadow Hearts game (thinking of the "man festival" thing) or something like Psychonauts or a Phoenix Wright game or something with a similar weird sense of humor like that. I'm totally drawing a blank and googling has failed me, but I'm 99% sure that Abalone was in the guy's name.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I played something several years ago that had a character that I'm pretty sure was named Abalone. I feel like this guy was a sort of wrestler-type character, but a swimmer as well (?) or something like that, and he kept calling you, the player, shrimp. It was a whole nautical theme and you had to best him in a pool or something like that. In my mind, he kind of looked like one of those M.U.S.C.L.E. guys. The whole thing was supposed to be humorous and weird.

My brain wants this to have been a Shadow Hearts game (thinking of the "man festival" thing) or something like Psychonauts or a Phoenix Wright game or something with a similar weird sense of humor like that. I'm totally drawing a blank and googling has failed me, but I'm 99% sure that Abalone was in the guy's name.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

This perhaps? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abobo%27s_Big_Adventure