Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I don't know how much it counts for but I personally considered the idea that Mitt Romney was selected as the Republican candidate for the 2012 election to give Obama someone he couldn't possibly lose to. The same might apply to a lot of hilariously incompetent politicians.

But even typing that out, it sounds silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Mr Tastee posted:

I don't know how much it counts for but I personally considered the idea that Mitt Romney was selected as the Republican candidate for the 2012 election to give Obama someone he couldn't possibly lose to. The same might apply to a lot of hilariously incompetent politicians.

Do you mean Romney was doomed to lose as compared to Santorum, Cain, Bachmann, Perry, Ronpaul, Arkane, etc? Or were they secret double-ringers taking the primary slots away from the actual very serious electable Republicans we've never heard of?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Fair enough. I thought there were details I was missing.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr Tastee posted:

There aren't enough racist white people to swing elections any more. Was McCain also a ringer? Were they in on it? Was Obama? Is Obama really that different from either of them?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Swap Obama/Romney with Bush/Kerry and you might have something. :v:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EnderWiggin posted:

Don't compare 9/11 Truthers to holocaust deniers, or the Danish court system will get you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_KFyW9LPRA

so what is this firsthand testimony from a crazy idiot supposed to prove

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The Danes are gonna get nuked soon, so it doesn't really matter.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

blowfish posted:

migf makes a good post here hard as that may be to admit~

Orgones: Einstein relatively unimpressed by your boner.

One of the properties of Orgone energy is it makes physicists lie!

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:

Moose-Alini posted:

These are my favorite. Tens of thousands of hours of some jackoff on YouTube explaining how the super bowl or every movie is a secret illuminati plot. I'll admit when iv been bored of wasted a few hours on these insane ramblings.

Did you know that light, or eye symbolism ALWAYS means illuminati antichrist shenanigans?!
I know, I mean, I think I joined the Illuminati in college, and didn't even realize!

Seriously, though, the Celtic version (latter) really does look like an all-seeing eye.

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=434848976662549

Was WT7 rigged to be brought down or was it brought down by fires making it too structurally unsound to stay up any longer?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

EnderWiggin posted:

Was WT7 rigged to be brought down or was it brought down by fires making it too structurally unsound to stay up any longer?

The fact that it could be plausibly brought down by structural damage and fire just confirms that the government rigged it with microexplosives and napalm

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EnderWiggin posted:

What's with the hyper autistic focus on WTC 7 and not WTC 3, 4, 6, or any of the other surrounding buildings which were destroyed by fire and debris?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

What's with the hyper autistic focus on WTC 7 and not WTC 3, 4, 6, or any of the other surrounding buildings which were destroyed by fire and debris?

You've already identified the reason

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

The fact that it could be plausibly brought down by structural damage and fire just confirms that the government rigged it with microexplosives and napalm

What? That doesn't make any sense. Did you watch the video? There are multiple explosions at points all over the building then the entire building crumples nearly uniformly.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EnderWiggin posted:

What? That doesn't make any sense. Did you watch the video? There are multiple explosions at points all over the building then the entire building crumples nearly uniformly.

Hm yes because nothing in a collapsing building that's on fire would ever resemble an explosion no sir.

Did you also see Bruce Willis leaping from a window as WTC7 dramatically exploded?

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

EnderWiggin posted:

They Fell For My Hoax 9/11 Video

linked in a top comment on that Facebook page

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GrumpyDoctor posted:

quote:

Just because people fell for a hoax, doesn't mean build I g 7 wasn't brought down by controlled demolition. There is so much credible evidence that the official story of 9/11 is not true. I know you're going to say what evidence and I'll say just this right now, how come they couldn't find the planes that supposedly flew into the pentagon or crashed in Shankesville?

lol

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015

GrumpyDoctor posted:

Lol, I didn't even look. I feel pretty stupid about this.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

EnderWiggin posted:

You shouldn't have had to look.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

EnderWiggin posted:

Did you really not notice how fake the "explosions" looked?

...or that every other 9/11 conspiracy theory is dumb as hell?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

EnderWiggin posted:

Now take this opportunity to reflect on your earlier assertions that the official narrative of 9/11 is 'suspicious' and realize that you should feel pretty stupid about that as well!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

EnderWiggin posted:

GrumpyDoctor posted:

EnderWiggin posted:

This thread is the honeypot that just keeps on giving.

Also check out the comments on that dude's hoax reveal video, thuthers are SO PISSED OFF that they so easily and greedily slurped it all up.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 25, 2015

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015

Cubey posted:

Now take this opportunity to reflect on your earlier assertions that the official narrative of 9/11 is 'suspicious' and realize that you should feel pretty stupid about that as well!

Yeah for the past week or so now I've been putting a bit of my reading each day going over various 9/11 "discrepancies"/

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EnderWiggin posted:

Yeah for the past week or so now I've been putting a bit of my reading each day going over various 9/11 "discrepancies"/

How does this enrich your life?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

EnderWiggin posted:

EnderWiggin posted:

Yeah, you really should. But that's what makes this such a good example of why conspiracy theories are often wrong: the theorists themselves are seeking out details that confirm what they already want to be true rather than allowing their opinion to be shaped by the evidence (or lack of evidence, in most cases).

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I think it's because WTC 7 collapsed due to such a basic reason (an uncontrolled office fire that set off a chain reaction of structural failures) that some people can't accept that there isn't anything more to what happened. The other buildings in the complex were more obviously, dramatically pulverized, but people generally don't know what could happen to a burning skyscraper since leaving one to burn out is unheard of.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I don't think it even gets to that level of difficulty justifying. Didn't one of the towers partially sheer off one of the sides of building seven on the way down? Like, it wasn't solely an office fire that did it in, there was fairly severe structural damage as well.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pook Good Mook posted:

I don't think it even gets to that level of difficulty justifying. Didn't one of the towers partially sheer off one of the sides of building seven on the way down? Like, it wasn't solely an office fire that did it in, there was fairly severe structural damage as well.

yeah, WTC 1 and or 2 tore a big hole in the side of 7 aside from other debris strikes, but there's a lack (not an absence!) of visual evidence of the damage due to the short window between damage and collapse coinciding with a lot of smoke and dust obscuring direct observation as well as the general chaos of the day

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

There are pictures of this exact thing, yes, and even big pieces of debris sticking out of WTC 7 from one of the other towers.

Truthers like to either deny that this is debris from another tower, or if it's a Thursday then they like to pretend that the debris was "blasted" there by an explosion that took place in one of the other towers (LOOK AT THAT, THE DEBRIS WAS SHOT OUT LIKE A ROCKET... what's gravity, precious?), further proving that it was all planned.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

GrumpyDoctor posted:

The comments are glorious.

quote:

Brenda Manke1 week ago

Not sure who you are Edward...obviously someone paid by the killers to try and confuse people. However, the truth about the WT7 building is that is was "pulled"...we know it was pulled because the owner of the building said it was. The confession of him stating that he had the building pulled was aired on a live interview...we don't think the building was pulled, we know it was.

quote:

Ookmongani6 months ago

You're a lying shill for the CIA. Shut the gently caress up you traitorous lying sack of poo poo. You don't have the talent to fake a video.

quote:

Nerve Damage4 months ago

Making a hoax video to somehow proclaim your supremacy to a group of people who may actually be "close" to correct is a bit ridiculous and disrespectful to those who died in that tragedy. I don't follow all of the conspiracy theories involved with the incident, but some information made headline news... like police/firefighter/medics reporting secondary explosions before the buildings came down... and the government subsequently denying those truths... and the fact that key witnesses and informants involved in the investigation have died of weird causes. Those two facts alone can push people to question the causes of 9/11 and for good reason... you don't have to be a "conspiracy nut" to question things.. but spending countless hours of your life trying to berate, belittle, and mock people and tragic events seems a bit psychotic...

quote:

Hollands Glorie3 weeks ago

You're a pathetic, ignorant and arrogant little bastard, and I hope God will rip your soul apart and let it burn into eternity. What if a 12 year old stumbles on this video, and takes your blatant lies as truthful, then you actually got the blood of the victims on your hands, because they will deny the 3000 of your countrymen that were killed by their own government, they will deny the hundreds of thousands of middle east victims that had to die because of this government wrongdoing. They will deny the Trillions of Dollars of taxpayers money that were stolen for this by the government.
YOU "sir", are the cancer of this society! If you had any respect for the dead left you would remove this video immediately.

quote:

mk4vws1 month ago

The fact that your dumbass edited a video is pathetic. You're a piece of poo poo as much as the ones behind that day. BUILDINGS CAN NOT COME DOWN IN THEIR OWN FOOTPRINT AS SUCH UNLESS CONTROLLABLY DEMOLISHED. Besides how did they rig building 7 to come down because it was deemed unsafe due to fire? Well you sure as hell aren't going to rig it when it's unsafe or on fire. That means it was already rigged and if you believe the official story that all those buildings were destroyed but yet our great magical government found all the highjackers' passports?? Lol Jesus what are they made from titanium?? You dumb asses

quote:

Alistair Houston6 months ago

Just because people fell for a hoax, doesn't mean build I g 7 wasn't brought down by controlled demolition. There is so much credible evidence that the official story of 9/11 is not true. I know you're going to say what evidence and I'll say just this right now, how come they couldn't find the planes that supposedly flew into the pentagon or crashed in Shankesville?

It goes on and on.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Pook Good Mook posted:

The collapse caused some external damage, but the main instigating collapse mechanism was the floors around a critical column collapsing because of the office fires. Without the support from the floors, the column was able to kick out sideways and buckle, which took down everything around it. If the fires had been controlled, WTC 7 probably would've remained standing (though uninhabitable and condemned, like the Deutsche Bank building).

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My favourite 9/11"makes you think" tidbit was the budget difference between the 9/11 commission and Ken Starrs investigation of Clinton.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

katlington posted:

My favourite 9/11"makes you think" tidbit was the budget difference between the 9/11 commission and Ken Starrs investigation of Clinton.

Heh. I don't actually know which way the difference went, so just pick whichever of the following applies:

A) "Look how much less they spent on the 9/11 investigation! Clearly they were making sure the commission wouldn't have the funds to uncover the truth."
B) "Look how much more they spent on the 9/11 investigation! Clearly they were bribing the commission into turning a blind eye to the truth."

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013
Before 9/11, would we have ever considered the possibility of electing a muslim into the Oval Office?

Before 9/11, would we have betrayed Israel so we could support Iran and give them the ability to openly make nuclear weapons?

Before 9/11, would we have shot a police officer in the face instead of shooting the protester we were trying to kill?

Before 9/11, the "two towers" were strategically impregnated with explosives and thermite, which were remotely detonated by members of SEAL Team 6 on that fateful day.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Before 9/11 would we have considered listening to country music?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

why did Sherman Williams mysteriously pull all thermite paint from shelves a week prior to 9/11?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Why does the NSA bomb laying satellite USBL-373A have 27 hours of missing telemetry data right prior to the events of 9/11?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Spazzle posted:

Why does the NSA bomb laying satellite USBL-373A have 27 hours of missing telemetry data right prior to the events of 9/11?
I bet this would get a lot of emptyquotes on Facebook.

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015

Spazzle posted:

This isn't as funny as the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
So I've recently come back across a certain self-proclaimed meteorologist by the name of Kevin Martin a.k.a. KMart. (Very original). He's partically a Johnny Depp lookalike, and even more crazy.

For example: he got removed as the CEO of Weather Alert Central and it's related sites - http://beforeitsnews.com/weather/2014/10/weather-alert-central-com-board-removes-kevin-martin-2443742.html One of these related sites is HAARP Status Network which I can't even understand what the map is supposed to mean other than OMG HAARP IS ACTIVE AND CONTROLLING WEATHER. He's so loving crazy he got kicked out of of a bunch of crazies for being an rear end in a top hat to everyone.

He's threatened to bomb Nation Weather Service offices (he had "drone" pictures allegedly targeting the building - federal building, mind you.) He's also so well known for being lovely that he's got a dedicated RationalWiki page - http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Martin He's even threatened RationalWiki due to this article existing.

And even on a personal note: I have a friend back from the meteorology program in college that graduated with dual degrees: Meteorology and Mathematics. He also has cerebral palsy bad enough to where he walks kinda funny and has trouble speaking, so one can at first incorrectly assume he is "mentally handicaped" but is DEFINITELY far from it. He's also really nice guy and has his own Professional Facebook page and website for forecasts.
About a couple of years ago KMart started attacking my friend on Facebook for being mentally handicap and that he only got the degree because his parents were "sorry for him." And also went on a rant on how you don't need a meteorology degree to practice meteorology (claims he's a "weather savant" :smith:). This was my first encounter with this douche.

FAKE EDIT: and OMG he is a diagnosed :spergin: (self-diagnosed?) and claims that allows him to be a weather savant just because he can pick up on the patterns...

Real Edit: fixed ambiguous pronouns

Lightning Jim fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 30, 2015

• Locked thread