Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Except there weren't nearly as many ITRs imported over here as there were Cameros (sic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4941488921.htmlhttp://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4941488921.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

slidebite posted:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/peterborough/classic-1986-hyundai-pony/1058583899

I haven't seen one of these in the wild for years, and they used to be everywhere.

I've only ever seen one, in Korea. It was a pickup.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

slidebite posted:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/peterborough/classic-1986-hyundai-pony/1058583899

I haven't seen one of these in the wild for years, and they used to be everywhere.

I see these very occasionally in Ontario, along with the Stellar. I dunno how they survived the salt.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

VideoTapir posted:

I've only ever seen one, in Korea. It was a pickup.

They were never sold in the US.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

I know the picture isn't washington but is there any way this is a Seattle ad? this guy looks exactly like a local mentally ill abortion/animal rights activist that I got a bunch of emails about from a shelter I volunteer at, if it is a Seattle ad that dude's a rapist or something. I know, long shot, but I read something about subarus on that guy's blog and had to ask.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 21, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HEY VAPER posted:

I know the picture isn't washington but is there any way this is a Seattle ad? this guy looks exactly like a local mentally ill abortion/animal rights activist that I got a bunch of emails about from a shelter I volunteer at, if it is a Seattle ad that dude's a rapist or something. I know, long shot, but I read something about subarus on that guy's blog and had to ask.

what the gently caress

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
god willing this won't get bought out from under me before I go to see it tomorrow

quote:

For Sale:

1998 Volvo V70R AWD Sport Wagon Black/Black

153XXX Miles
  • 1998 Volvo V70R AWD
  • 2.3 5-cylinder Turbocharged & Intercooled
  • 247 Horsepower
  • AWD
  • MANUAL 6 spd Transmission
  • 153,XXX Miles
  • Power Everything
  • Heated Seats
  • Sunroof
  • 6 Disc CD Changer

My buddy who was a Volvo master mechanic customized this wagon to have a 6spd manual transmission. It has lots of other nice bits like the strut tower stabilizer, front and rear IPD sway bars, Bigger Breaks, the 17" wheels from the convertible, a British gauge pack where the speedo goes to 160mph. Lots more. The bad news is that it's 17 years old. It's been my second car for about a year now and since I've only used it twice, I think it's time to go.

Please leave a number when emailing.

Thanks - Jeff

Keywords: Volvo SAAB AWD all wheel drive V70 V70R XC Cross Country dubstep

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Why the hell is the keyword list completely reasonable and normal, except for "dubstep" being at the end.

Huge red flag, imo :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terrible Robot posted:

Why the hell is the keyword list completely reasonable and normal, except for "dubstep" being at the end.

Huge red flag, imo :v:

There's a Skrillex cd stuck in the deck.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4857354268.html

quote:

2010 Lexus IS250 Convertible,Repairable,Low Miles! - $10950 (north phoenix)

2010 lexus is250c odometer: 38785 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : salvage cylinders : 6 cylinders

2010 Lexus IS250 Convertible,Repairable 38,785 Low Miles! Has left rear damage! Car is run and drives,easy to repair!Salvage Title!
If you have more questions feel free to contact me at show contact info Steve

Oh, that doesn't look so ba...

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

what the gently caress

yeah weird post, but the resemblance is uncanny and the creeper from the shelter's email newsletter was posting about Justys and having a kid recently on his blog so I had to ask. Small world etc.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

atomicthumbs posted:

god willing this won't get bought out from under me before I go to see it tomorrow

God drat, why can't stuff like this be anywhere near me. I would gladly hock all of my other four wheel trash to make room for that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

Sounds to me like he's tired of dealing with it so he's off loading it on some other poor bastard. Good luck if you get it tho.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Why would you want any Lexus convertible?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tommychu posted:

And it's owned by my doppelganger apparently. Except he's got longer and slightly-less-red hair.

HEY VAPER posted:

this guy looks exactly like a local mentally ill abortion/animal rights activist that I got a bunch of emails about from a shelter I volunteer at, if it is a Seattle ad that dude's a rapist or something.

So basically if I ever go to Washington I should shave and not buy a Subaru so as not to get confused for this rear end in a top hat, got it :v:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 4, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Extra posted:

"hit by a garbage truck while parked"

western slope Colorado

Nothing like finding a good deal until you realize it's a good 3 hour drive in the summer and now it's snowing and the pass is closed and it gets sold from underneath you.

Not bitter on a couple purchases.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Tommychu posted:

The CXTs were kind of meant for that. Sorta. Well, that and pulling RV trailers and the like. Okay nobody ever figured out what they were really for, or bought the drat things for that matter.
I mean the DT466 is an engine you could easily live with as a DD with the right gearing and the Allison 2k series is one of the better automatic transmissions ever made. Air brakes would make it a pain in the rear end though- gotta go somewhere quickly? Too bad, you've got to wait for your poo poo to air up.

Pretty sure CXT has hydraulic brakes, to skirt the need for a CDL.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Giblet Plus! posted:

Pretty sure CXT has hydraulic brakes, to skirt the need for a CDL.

The one in the ad posted has air. And that depends on jurisdiction, around here if a truck has a single rear axle you can drive it on an ordinary license with no more than an air brake endorsement, which is attained with a quick multiple choice exam.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

I used to briefly own a very broken down V70 manual AWD. It went to live on a farm in upstate new york. Hopefully it was parted and used wisely. There are only 6-7 of them in NA and there is another one in white for sale in Alberta. I have thought about trying it again sometimes.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4942664316.html

This may be the first time I've ever wanted someone's project/custom. Holy poo poo.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Pretty loving cool.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

blk posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4942664316.html

This may be the first time I've ever wanted someone's project/custom. Holy poo poo.

quote:

It is incredibly fast as it has over 280HP and weighs less 2,590lbs

Hell no, and lol hell no. S50 with a chip would barely be close to 250 from the factory, and I have no clue where he got that curb weight. 2900lbs is more realistic for an S5x/M5x swapped Ti.

It has some rarer OEM stuff, but in the end it's just a swapped Ti. Would not pay near e46 m3 money for that.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Crustashio posted:

Hell no, and lol hell no. S50 with a chip would barely be close to 250 from the factory, and I have no clue where he got that curb weight. 2900lbs is more realistic for an S5x/M5x swapped Ti.

It has some rarer OEM stuff, but in the end it's just a swapped Ti. Would not pay near e46 m3 money for that.

Well, an S50B32...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This looks like a pretty cool little car, even if the keywords are ridiculous:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4945008594.html

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

Mustache Ride posted:

This looks like a pretty cool little car, even if the keywords are ridiculous:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4945008594.html

No title. I have a strict no title no sale policy.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Did you buy this? Please say yes.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

ThirstyBuck posted:

Did you buy this? Please say yes.

it got bought out from under me. that's the fifth time.

however, I am about to place a deposit on this V70R for $1000.

then I have to figure out whether to have his mechanic fix it, have it hauled up here, or drive it up with a couple gallons of transmission fluid.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

I'm looking for a Tacoma pickup and the used market is absolutely bonkers. I have a craigslist search set up to send me an email when a new ad comes up. However, there is a two hour delay between when an ad posts and when I get the notification; I've lost out on 4 trucks because they sold before I got an email. That Volvo looks sweet. It makes me think back to the days when I had an 89 780 Bertone.

Edit: Here is some content

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 26, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

however, I am about to place a deposit on this V70R for $1000.

then I have to figure out whether to have his mechanic fix it, have it hauled up here, or drive it up with a couple gallons of transmission fluid.

I'm sure someone here can give you a recommendation for a good mechanic in a town as big as San Diego. Maybe even a good Volvo-specific mechanic. You're going to have to get the seal replaced at some point anyway, why waste the money on transmission fluid ($) or a hauler ($$$)? Sure spending a night in San Diego is more expensive, but think of it as a mini vacation.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

from what i read you have to take the engine out and then take the transaxle off it. might take a bit.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ThirstyBuck posted:

I'm looking for a Tacoma pickup and the used market is absolutely bonkers. I have a craigslist search set up to send me an email when a new ad comes up. However, there is a two hour delay between when an ad posts and when I get the notification; I've lost out on 4 trucks because they sold before I got an email. That Volvo looks sweet. It makes me think back to the days when I had an 89 780 Bertone.

The drat invisible hand of the market. The next step is you'll get notifications for Tacomas that are, in your opinion, way overpriced. Then you can either pony up the extra dough or find a substitute truck, the whole time thinking 'I wish this was a Tacoma'.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

What's the consensus on Frontiers? They seem just as good as the Tacomas for light trucks

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Unless you're willing to spend some serious money on a Tacoma, get a Ranger instead. Dollar for dollar, what you get in a $3000 Ranger (at least in AZ) is a hell of a lot better than what you get in a $3000 Tacoma.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

VideoTapir posted:

Are they still theft magnets?

ITRs? Well I had mine stolen in 2009 if that counts :v:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

BigPaddy posted:

ITRs? Well I had mine stolen in 2009 if that counts :v:

How much of it did you get back?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

None, it was never spotted on any cameras anywhere. The Police said it was likely driven onto the back of a truck and straight to a chop shop for the parts or to a port out of the UK.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Bloody kiwis with their cheap imports :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.

A MIRACLE posted:

What's the consensus on Frontiers? They seem just as good as the Tacomas for light trucks

I’ve wondered exactly this as well, and have nothing helpful to add unfortunately.

Edit for content:

The E30 market has lost its god drat mind.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4922583951.html

nanodroogie fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 26, 2015