Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Imagine cooking while playing Cooking Mama. gently caress... poo poo.

That is how the master chefs secretly prepare their greatest dishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My knife handle is a Wiimote and it makes me a powerful chef and deadly Wii Sports opponent.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Imagine running a real live farm, with fresh foods, while you simultaneously run your Harvest Moon farm, on the Nintendo 3DS.

While you're eating the food, you can play one of the games in the Kirby series. A gaming experience for each part of the food cycle.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Imagine running a real live farm, with fresh foods, while you simultaneously run your Harvest Moon farm, on the Nintendo 3DS.

While you're eating the food, you can play one of the games in the Kirby series. A gaming experience for each part of the food cycle.
You've never seen a farm, have you?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

While you're ordering yourself a pizza from your local 'ria, you can call the pizza place in Earthbound and schedule a delivery. Why, if you time it just right, you and Ness can be enjoying some quality 'za, right at the same time!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

What happens if you try to play the Hells Kitchen DS game whilst you cook?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

why the gently caress isn't the new one out yet im really mad about this

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Spec Ops is a fun shooter with a cool unique setting and a lot of interesring scenarios; fighting through a ravaged Dubaii where survivors have turned an abandoned mall into a tenement slum and the aquarium is the only source of potable water is :krad: and the fact that so many people turned on it for having some metacommentary is really disappointing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Spec Ops is a fun shooter with a cool unique setting and a lot of interesring scenarios; fighting through a ravaged Dubaii where survivors have turned an abandoned mall into a tenement slum and the aquarium is the only source of potable water is :krad: and the fact that so many people turned on it for having some metacommentary is really disappointing.
Does it have themes? Is it thematic? What are the themes? What themes are there, what themes does it have inside of it?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does it have themes? Is it thematic? What are the themes? What themes are there, what themes does it have inside of it?

i like the hot dog stand theme

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

gay skull posted:

I don't like bacon, it's very greasy and unfulfilling. It's such an unnecessary side dish, like if you were trapped somewhere for a week and all you had to eat was fresh bacon (somehow) you'd feel greasy and lovely by the end.

I'd rather just eat onions. They're kind of hard to eat at first but once you get used to them you'll see how they're amazing.

Tony Abbott parachute account spotted

Bicyclops posted:

maybe he's Wario.

That's garlic, jackass.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

i enjoyed the part where you hide behind a wall and shoot men with guns while your health recharges . it was awesome and not at all banal and mediocre aside from some cool graffiti

also i didn't actually play it because i was playing fun stuff instead

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
sometimes a thing is just cool for what it is and that's all

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

and sometimes a thing is spec ops : the line

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Heavy Lobster posted:

That's garlic, jackass.

As if Wario wouldn't also enjoy biting into an onion!

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Garlic is delicious

Except that garlic sauce stuff that comes with papa johns pizzas, that poo poo is greasy as hell

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Speaking of Earthbound, what is Delisauce anyway?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sleeveless posted:

It's a fairly competent cover shooter where your guy gets a bit guilty about his actions a couple of times and then goes right back to getting sa-wee-eet headshots on brown folk.

Videogames are absurd.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gay skull posted:

Speaking of Earthbound, what is Delisauce anyway?
A delicious sauce!

Apparently in the Japanese version it's Furikake

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i enjoyed the part where you hide behind a wall and shoot men with guns while your health recharges . it was awesome and not at all banal and mediocre aside from some cool graffiti

also i didn't actually play it because i was playing fun stuff instead

IMHO if you're going to play a cover shooter it's a lot more fun to listen to Jake Busey and Tron rant and rave over kickin tunes than listen to Bender gargle concrete and yell about giant worms.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nobody knows how to get the True Ending to Bloodborne, the game has multiple endings which means it might require multiple playthroughs

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nobody knows how to get the True Ending to Bloodborne, the game has multiple endings which means it might require multiple playthroughs

its when you take it out of the console and switch the tv off

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

its when you take it out of the console and switch the tv off
Hit reset before switching off the console or else you might lose your save.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

wisdom

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

King Lorik taught me that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

King Lorik taught me that.

engladn would be much cooler if our monarchs were like him. maybe our economy wouldnt be in the shitter either

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When I was a kid my sister and I both got the original phat gameboy for Christmas one year and she, being a few years younger than me and having never played a video game, got into the habit of taking out the cart before turning off the power. To this day I still don't know if that actually does any damage to the thing but I remember gasping in horror every time it happened. Same with opening the PS2 tray while a game was running. It just felt wrong.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

When I was a kid my sister and I both got the original phat gameboy for Christmas one year and she, being a few years younger than me and having never played a video game, got into the habit of taking out the cart before turning off the power. To this day I still don't know if that actually does any damage to the thing but I remember gasping in horror every time it happened. Same with opening the PS2 tray while a game was running. It just felt wrong.
I was going to write this elaborate joke about pulling the cartridge out and you being aborted and blah blah blah but it just started to seem mean.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
If you take out Ratchet & Clank while playing Ratchet & Clank, the soundtrack changes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i used to take out the quake 2 cd while playing and put in my own music cds and it would play those tracks instead. one level was comprised entirely of bee gees music

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you put Symphony of the Night in a CD player Alucard would yell at you and then play a funky beat.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I once played through Quake 1 with the Hotline Miami soundtrack.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Colonel posted:

I once played through Quake 1 with the Hotline Miami soundtrack.

:captainpop:

i need to try this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hosed up, to not be faithful to your games.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

:captainpop:

i need to try this

seriously

also how has quake 1 never seen a re-release? what in the gently caress

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This poutine is way too big.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I once replaced all the Morrowind battle music with 80s Europop

hearing RA RA RASPUTIN signalling the entrance of a majestic mudcrab sadly sidling towards me never got old

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

hosed up, to not be faithful to your games.

its ok. i played them many times faitfully. now i am trying my own remixes

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to hold reset, actually. Something to do with how the NES was a poorly engineered piece of poo poo and it'd send a surge that'd knock out the SRAM unless you held Reset to gently turn off the console.

FAU, do not spread misinformation please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spreading misinformation is literally my gimmick.

• Locked thread