Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

PaybackJack posted:

How is Carmella a face? I don't watch very often but she's doing a spolied rich New Yorker gimmick and her buddies in the company are heels. She feuded with jobber face Blue Pants and recently lost to returning face Alexa Bliss. Did I miss the face turn somewhere? She still acted like a heel during the Bliss match.

Enzo and Cass aren't heels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Eltoasto posted:

:agreed:

They can get over when they have a good story that has had time to develop, and it's not "what are these crazy bitches up to!?!?" storytelling.

Well what else can they do. They can't focus on the real life feeling of AJ Lee that the Bella's are undeserving Models that play wrestler and make womens wrestling look bad by comparison, while Nikki (as she cut in that promo that was cut because it was too face that had Cena congratulating her) is firing back that she worked to get to this spot, She's been a fighting champion and AJ just can't get the job done. And she wants to be Champion and if AJ wants the title she can pry it from her hands, She's been ruling the roost while AJ was sitting at home getting soft.

If they did that then you might think that they're wrestlers or something competing for a prize with a personal and professional dislike for one another and a desire to kick one anothers rear end over a title.

I mean the thing looks like a butterfly that's just silly.

EDIT: Enzo and Cass are technically heels, the crowd just loves them. You can't even bring up them celebrating with Sami because Sami is just universally beloved. Except by Owens, even Brock Lesnar wouldn't want to kill Sami Zayn.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 25, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Wazzu posted:

Nikki's forearm smash should be immediately removed, however. Isn't over, probably never will be, the audience are mainly confused by it.

Commentary has not once mentioned it or put it over as a special move or given it a name, and often call it an elbow rather than a forearm smash. The problem there isn't with Nikki. The only way we even know it's a thing is because we can see she's started using it more in matches and beatdowns and it leads to wins so can assume it's a signature/finisher.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Onmi posted:

Except by Owens, even Brock Lesnar wouldn't want to kill Sami Zayn.

i want to see brock lesnar vs sami zayn

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

PaybackJack posted:

Nothing women do seems to get over the a WWE crowd. Even the NXT audience doesn't really pop for Carmella's submission which I think looks pretty loving cool. Nikki's forearm smash looks/sounds like she saw Bryan watching New Japan and thought that would be something cool to do in her matches and nobody wanted to tell her otherwise. Also she doesn't really lay people out with it all the time like Barret does with the bullhammer. gently caress, does it even have a name? That would probably help. in addition to the announcers giving a poo poo during women's matches.

Nikki calls that move the "Brie Hammer", Book

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Onmi posted:

EDIT: Enzo and Cass are technically heels, the crowd just loves them. You can't even bring up them celebrating with Sami because Sami is just universally beloved. Except by Owens, even Brock Lesnar wouldn't want to kill Sami Zayn.

Their last feud before getting Carmella was literally going on a heroic quest to shave the heads of two evil america hating frenchmen, you don't get more Face than that.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
-nm

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 25, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

itt we assume Cardboard Box is owed money by Sami Zayn

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

Torpedo dive through the turnbuckle... into an F5 into the post.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cardboard Box posted:

yes please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Bryan & Vinny (and Craig) Show was incredible. Brody Hoofer is like the most well-adjusted, normal wrestling person I've ever heard (which is probably why he got out!) and their discussion about the merits or otherwise of breaking into Brock's house was loving hilarious - "Brock's got the weapons? Oh that's just what Brock Lesnar needs, weapons!". Their agonized recounting of the Doomsday Cage of Doom was pretty spectacular too.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Yeah if that show isn't in the top 3 for the whole year I will really have gotten my moneys worth. I also loved the aside about Prince. Bryan has got to be one of the most narrow-focused people on the planet, and even the one thing he cares about he is abysmal at paying attention to. It makes me feel terrible that someone so incompetent could be such an enterprising businessman while I am absolutely hopeless at that sort of thing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That was the best show I've heard all year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Best part of that Prince stuff was Bryan then throwing Craig under the bus by showing off his "extensive" Prince knowledge to Brody Hoofer during the phonecall.

"That's where they filmed Purple Rain!"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Listening to Hogan on the BS Report (never a more appropriate name for a podcast with Hogan appearing) yesterday was great, if for nothing else than Simmons getting Hogan to admit he loved it when the WWE's replacements for him failed in the early 90s, ha.

I loved how he claimed he co-wrote No Holds Barred with Vince in 3 days and didn't get credit for it

And that No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando and Mr. Nanny put New Line Cinema on the map, brother

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Yeah if that show isn't in the top 3 for the whole year I will really have gotten my moneys worth. I also loved the aside about Prince. Bryan has got to be one of the most narrow-focused people on the planet, and even the one thing he cares about he is abysmal at paying attention to. It makes me feel terrible that someone so incompetent could be such an enterprising businessman while I am absolutely hopeless at that sort of thing.

Figure 4 Weekly used to be really good and his analysis was top notch, I used to subscribe to F4Wonline over the Observer before the merger. I don't know if he's gotten lazy or if it is a product of him getting away from actually wrestling. One of his skills was applying his own experience to matches he analyzed.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
So Stroud is gonna be on the next Powerbombcast. Is he funny or good or interesting in any way? Everything I've read about him on PSP makes it seem likes he's a douche or something.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Stroud's alright for the most part. Some of the poo poo he gets is deserved, but a lot of it isn't, and probably won't really matter in the context of a podcast. He's not going to dominate the show or anything, especially not with guys like Dan and Jeff around.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I'd expect it to be more lighthearted than the stuff he gets into sometimes on his recaps. Also 45 minutes of however long it ends up will be the JR interview they already posted.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Best song in F4W history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37h5borPgmk

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"Hi, this is Ryan from Cumberland, Maryland..."
me: :suicide:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Is there a way to find all the Urban Wrestling Federation reviews?

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 26, 2015

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Well, poo poo.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

cronox2 posted:

Well, poo poo.

So much for not dominating the show.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Rare photograph of Oatgan recording his part of this week's Pisscast

for he was echo-ey, you see

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As you might imagine this week's Observer is must read stuff.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave's cough is back, and he also ripped WWE saying HHH vs Tyson was supposed to be an X-7 match.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Eltoasto posted:

They can get over when they have a good story that has had time to develop, and it's not "what are these crazy bitches up to!?!?" storytelling.
Meanwhile, over on E or Bravo or whatever loving network that show is on...

quote:

WWE Presents "What Are These Crazy Bitches Up To: The Series!"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

So much for not dominating the show.

You guys lied to me :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to Bryan & Dave talk about all these exciting Wrestlemania possibilities is getting me too hype. I gotta prevent myself from staying hype and getting disappointed by lovely WWE booking.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

Listening to Bryan & Dave talk about all these exciting Wrestlemania possibilities is getting me too hype. I gotta prevent myself from staying hype and getting disappointed by lovely WWE booking.

Dave seems convinced that Roman isn't winning clean even though he's (even more) dead in the water if he wins his first title with Rock interference. Plus that'll get Rock booed again as well.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Heel Rock vs Babyface Brock at next year's Wrestlemania?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

njsykora posted:

Dave seems convinced that Roman isn't winning clean even though he's (even more) dead in the water if he wins his first title with Rock interference. Plus that'll get Rock booed again as well.

I saw an article somewhere that said if they give Reigns the belt, you basically have Diesel and if you don't, then you get Lex Luger. I can't really imagine what they would do at this point. This isn't Reigns fault. He's certainly a better wrestler than both of those guys - or has the potential to be - and he's sort of on the cusp of getting that big push or potentially just fading away. The problem is that he's not ready, least not for another year. Rest assured that if Lesnar wins then Cena isn't going to be far behind, and while Rollins is Money in the Bank he's going to be involved with that as well.

Brock works as champion because he's just part time. He's like the final boss in a fighting game who's only seen when there's the right challenger.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 26, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

mariooncrack posted:

Heel Rock vs Babyface Brock at next year's Wrestlemania?

Dave talked about this being a possibility. He thinks the chemistry of Face Who Gets Boo'd Rock vs Face Lesnar being workable, since Rock can handle getting booed.

Well, Rock can handle it if he's prepared for it, unlike at the Rumble.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

Brock works as champion because he's just part time. He's like the final boss in a fighting game who's only seen when there's the right challenger.
Brock works as a champ but the WWE have gone and put too many eggs in that one basket. He's the champ AND the one in 21-1 AND the guy who obliterated John Cena. You have to be very loving sure that the guy who slays that particular dragon is good and ready. Someone who has had three singles matches on PPV in his entire career is not ready.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

St Evan Echoes posted:

Brock works as a champ but the WWE have gone and put too many eggs in that one basket. He's the champ AND the one in 21-1 AND the guy who obliterated John Cena. You have to be very loving sure that the guy who slays that particular dragon is good and ready. Someone who has had three singles matches on PPV in his entire career is not ready.

A guy could have three PPV singles matches in his career and be ready IF the crowd is really behind him. That's what it really comes down to. Reigns doesn't have the crowd behind him at the level he needs.

A wrestler doesn't necessarily have to be around for years and pay his dues, I'm all for pushing a guy quickly IF he has the momentum to warrant it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

I saw an article somewhere that said if they give Reigns the belt, you basically have Diesel and if you don't, then you get Lex Luger. I can't really imagine what they would do at this point. This isn't Reigns fault. He's certainly a better wrestler than both of those guys - or has the potential to be

Uh excuse me but Lex is way better than Roman!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Lex at least bodyslammed Yoko. Reigns did a sloppy headscissors to Big Show?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he did that crazy cool sprinting spear though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's got like a 5% chance of summoning The Rock when he's in trouble. That's something.

• Locked thread