Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I can't get into overpass. Maybe it's because I haven't played it enough but it seems like arch is such a crap shoot.

Replace overpass with cache and arch with mid and I feel the same way

I don't play cache enough and I hate it because of it cause I'm awful

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
When we were playing our goon tourney game on Mirage the other night I had been practicing T spawn folks on a local server the night before, but when playing on buttmen I missed literally every single attempt at smoking connector and nest from T spawn. Someone mentioned this may be because local servers are 64 tick and buttmen is 128. Why the gently caress is this a thing and is there some general rule about how I should adjust throwing? I really would like to avoid having to memorize two different sets of smokes depending on if I'm playing a goonman or MM

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Only jump throws change between 64/128. Aim lower on 128 and don't play MM.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

Only jump throws change between 64/128. Aim lower on 128 and don't play MM.

Ah, yeah the way I learned the mirage T smokes they're all jump smokes so that'd explain it.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Kumbamontu posted:

Ah, yeah the way I learned the mirage T smokes they're all jump smokes so that'd explain it.

jumping in general is one of the things that changes between 128 and 64. difficult jumps are easier to hit on 128.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Sitting Bull posted:

jumping in general is one of the things that changes between 128 and 64. difficult jumps are easier to hit on 128.

Why is this?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Kumbamontu posted:

I feel bad now for laughing each time the smokes went off and the guy playing A with me was all "did they just smoke themselves again?"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Alighieri posted:

I feel bad now for laughing each time the smokes went off and the guy playing A with me was all "did they just smoke themselves again?"

Yeah that was getting REAL frustrating

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

if you're running toward the edge of a ledge, you have '64 more ticks' for the server to think you're still on the ledge/surface/whatever. since most jumps are only difficult because people have a hard time jumping at the very last second(i.e nuke silo jump, if you jump late enough you don't even need to airstrafe) this makes a noticeable difference.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Saw that nuke is apparently out of the active duty maps, and it reminded me that I have no idea what that means. Does that even effect competitive at all? The two map groups sort of seem irrelevant unless you play deathmatch/casual/etc.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Hypnolobster posted:

Saw that nuke is apparently out of the active duty maps, and it reminded me that I have no idea what that means. Does that even effect competitive at all? The two map groups sort of seem irrelevant unless you play deathmatch/casual/etc.

Longer queue times, and you're going to be matched against other weirdos who are going out of their way to play nuke.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think people like to spread misinformation to give themselves an edge

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dork457 posted:

Longer queue times, and you're going to be matched against other weirdos who are going out of their way to play nuke.

Kinda like competitive Cobblestone.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Whenever you play against Xen, just type "His name is Robert Paulson" into chat, and spin around in spawn 10 times at the start of a round.

If you do, Xen's ping will go up by 10% each time.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Another goonman ace, unfortunately it cuts off the last kill since it's last round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQVaGgXcoPY

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Daeno posted:

Whenever you play against Xen, just type "His name is Robert Paulson" into chat, and spin around in spawn 10 times at the start of a round.

If you do, Xen's ping will go up by 10% each time.

Please Daeno don't hurt em

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I just got 3 hs kills with one awp bullet through the doors at long on d2. Was pretty nifty. I should gif it.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Apogee15 posted:

I just got 3 hs kills with one awp bullet through the doors at long on d2. Was pretty nifty. I should gif it.

Link the demo if it was mm because I think you are full of poo poo

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

It was MM, let me find it real quick.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

It was on Round 10 of this one: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-K2G5J-afJq3-iq8tf-xCVv8-LVoxA

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
gif incoming

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MY RANK IS FINALLY DECENT

(The other team was an MG1, three silver 4s who where probably smurfs, and that poor unranked bastard at the bottom. I'm just happy it ended in a tie.)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Apogee15 posted:

linking gfycat because lmao 24mb gif
http://gfycat.com/FlamboyantEnormousAustraliancurlew

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I know no-one talks about the casual mode in this thread... but why are the rounds so long? 3 minutes is insane. Like if I want to play a couple of quick rounds and don't have the time for a MM match, casual is basically the worst option.

(RIP casual competitive)

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 26, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat, that shot.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I thought they'd release a balance update by now. They usually do it after a major right? How long does it take to change the running accuracy on a pistol ffs?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Buck Turgidson posted:

I know no-one talks about the casual mode in this thread... but why are the rounds so long? 3 minutes is insane. Like if I want to play a couple of quick rounds and don't have the time for a MM match, casual is basically the worst option.

(RIP casual competitive)

There are dozens of 5v5 community servers you can jump in and out of.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Buck Turgidson posted:

(RIP casual competitive)

Are you not aware of the casual competitive servers from the server browser, or are you just pointing out how much regular casual sucks?

edit I was beaten

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

bpower posted:

I thought they'd release a balance update by now. They usually do it after a major right? How long does it take to change the running accuracy on a pistol ffs?

Accuracy isn't the problem with pistols, it's their insane headshot damage.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Thanks, I'm terrible at making gifs.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I'm honestly gonna be kinda bummed when the tec-9 nerf comes in. Sometimes I will buy it as a primary the first four or five rounds on T side regardless if we are winning or losing.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

mcvey posted:

There are dozens of 5v5 community servers you can jump in and out of.

That is true, but it doesn't in any way excuse the awful casual mode. Also half the time I play on 5v5 community servers someone will drop out and it will be a good 3-4 rounds before someone joins the server and fills the spot, which is pretty lame and sometimes spells an exodus from the server. The drop-in drop-out feature works way better for everyone when players can just hit the "find match" button and get put in a server within 10-11 seconds.

I just don't get why Valve have left the casual mode as is. Just making the rounds 2:00--2:15 long would improve the game mode immensely.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Norton posted:

Accuracy isn't the problem with pistols, it's their insane headshot damage.

I was thinking about the tec9 in particular. But I agree the hs distance needs fixing as well. Its first shot running is as accurate as the famas is standing still, or drat near it. Its broken. And its not just being butthurt from ct side, it makes t side economy way less interesting.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
We complain about all these issues, but Valve see exponential growth in player figures and the skins are a money making GBS threads machine. Maybe they'll never fix this stuff.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Valve doesn't care about CS. Gotta deal with it and find your own solutions.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Maguro posted:

I'm honestly gonna be kinda bummed when the tec-9 nerf comes in. Sometimes I will buy it as a primary the first four or five rounds on T side regardless if we are winning or losing.

I'm not as good as the tec-9 is but I hope they don't notice the 5-7.

Getting a USP ace on round 1 sets a really good tone for the rest of the match ITPO.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

bpower posted:

I thought they'd release a balance update by now.

lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

Valve doesn't care about CS. Gotta deal with it and find your own solutions.

This is not an emptyquote :chome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Some dude named Goon Squad showed up in my game and started dishing out lazy insults at no one in particular.

• Locked thread