Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's even a bad listicle (like there's another kind of listicle) about it! Though I think the Kelly Kelly thing is a bit of a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Great White Hope posted:

It's actually a joke about how CM Punk dated like 4 or 5 different Divas during his time employed by WWE.

Oh, ok. I retract my previous post and admit I am a dummy. The last time I followed WWE actively was when it was WWF.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why? When he cheats on her with Rose Namajunas you'll still get to see him get gloriously wrecked, except this time by a name fighter.

By name fighter you mean Rousey, right? Because at this point I'm not confident about Pat Barry managing to not end up knocked out brutally, regardless of opponent.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

Vince hates Raven. Someone hired Raven. Vince doesn't know until he sees him on TV and screams "WHO THE gently caress HIRED RAVEN" and demands they fire him.

This is one of those stories I really doubt happened considering Raven was made hardcore champ within like two months and was given a championship match at Wrestlemania with Kane and Big Show when they still kind of mattered soon after. Not to mention that he remain employed from 2000-2003

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It cannot be over-emphasized how little the hardcore title mattered in the scheme of things in which it existed. If Kane and Big Show are in a match with Raven, it's so Raven loses to them. That is Raven's only Mania match in four years with the company and he was barely on TV after that.

99% of the hardcore title run was guys considered too unimportant and untalented to go elsewhere on the card and have a garbage match.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It cannot be over-emphasized how little the hardcore title mattered in the scheme of things in which it existed. If Kane and Big Show are in a match with Raven, it's so Raven loses to them. That is Raven's only Mania match in four years with the company and he was barely on TV after that.

99% of the hardcore title run was guys considered too unimportant and untalented to go elsewhere on the card and have a garbage match.

Yeah but post that the Invasion happened and Raven was not even close to one of the top guys who got left behind in that mess. It's not really a fair standard.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

What thread am I in

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Seltzer posted:

What thread am I in

At this point it's like the wh2k interacts with pspmma thread and I'm okay with that

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seltzer posted:

What thread am I in

Why are you discussing wrestling in a thread about an ex-wrestler???? Really weird y'all

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
mma posters have to say 1 nice thing about wrestling posters and vice versa starting now

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Keg posted:

mma posters have to say 1 nice thing about wrestling posters and vice versa starting now

The MMA posters are way funnier than the wrestling posters

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Keg posted:

MMA posters got me into MMA and it's fun as gently caress and that was nice of them.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Keg posted:

The MMA posters aren't the dumbest of the goon subcategories.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMkp-6W9uI

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Has Punk been beaten by an old guy yet?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Duke has probably tuned him up in sparring already

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
It would be cool if UFC signs Garry Tonon to fight Punk, since he's looking to start MMA in 6 months to a year.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tonon would tap Punk with something ridiculous, ain't gonna happen

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Has Punk been beaten by an old guy yet?

Triple H

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Keg posted:

Wrestling posters have lots of good stories about carny wrestler's which I enjoy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dangersim posted:

Wrestling posters have lots of good stories about carny wrestler's which I enjoy

vince mcmahon didn't go away on steroids charges because nailz is insane

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is it normal to not have a date for his fight yet? Or even his opponent? He signed like 4 months ago

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is it normal to not have a date for his fight yet? Or even his opponent? He signed like 4 months ago

he literally started training MMA like a month ago, he'll probably want to experience a full camp and maybe do a gym smoker or whatever before he decides if he wants to do it for real or not

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It has been explained over and over again that after 6 months they are going to have a sit-down to see where he is preparation wise and go from there. I know he wants to, but I doubt he fights in 2015.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Roufus says he'd prefer to have been training Punk a full year before he has his first pro fight, for what that's worth.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Keg posted:

someone plz count all my posts in each type of thread so i know which to do

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Roufus says he'd prefer to have been training Punk a full year before he has his first pro fight, for what that's worth.

I'd agree with him. Brock trained for like a year before fighting in K1 and he already had experience as a collegiate wrestler, Punk will have absolutely nothing compared to that.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Keg posted:

can I instead be rude to wrestling posters

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

can I instead be rude to wrestling posters

its encouraged

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I like mma and wrestling posters because they're both massive nerds.

fatherdog posted:

Sounds realistic. It's not like the hype would die down for him anyway. Sending a total rookie to a cage to get beaten isn't fun anyway.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is one of those stories I really doubt happened considering Raven was made hardcore champ within like two months and was given a championship match at Wrestlemania with Kane and Big Show when they still kind of mattered soon after. Not to mention that he remain employed from 2000-2003

What about the "Vince hates Raven because he did every drug you put in front of him and was Shane's best friend so he gave him all the drugs ever" story?

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 26, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

uncleKitchener posted:

Sending a total rookie to a cage to get beaten isn't fun anyway.

Maybe not to them

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe not to them

Still not as funny as rag doll physics.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

uncleKitchener posted:

Sending a total rookie to a cage to get beaten isn't fun anyway.

Pride was cool though?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

getting word that Punk won a smoker at roufusport.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

coconono posted:

getting word that Punk won a smoker at roufusport.

can you translate for the mma disinclined, please

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

A smoker is an unsanctioned fight taking place inside a gym

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Efexeye posted:

can you translate for the mma disinclined, please

A "smoker" is when a gym puts together a sparring match that's meant to simulate a fight as closely as possible. They usually do weigh ins, have it in whatever their closest thing to a regulation ring/cage is, and have a ref and corners and some spectators (all of whom are usually all gym members). It's essentially an amateur fight that's held privately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

:tipshat: thanks fellas

• Locked thread