Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Azran posted:

Hey guys, just got back from my holidays and the game gave me another 75% off.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azran

Hooooooooooooooooowwwww!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Are there any suggestions for building out the Scindo Prime? I haven't put any forma into it but I like it so far. Are there any other attack speed mods other than Fury? I would like to see it move a little faster.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

cat_snake posted:

Are there any suggestions for building out the Scindo Prime? I haven't put any forma into it but I like it so far. Are there any other attack speed mods other than Fury? I would like to see it move a little faster.

Berserk gives attack speed on crit. But I don't know the scrindos base crit chance. Other than that there might be a speed mod on channeling, but I almost never use them so gently caress if I know.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Scindo Prime has 20% critchance so Berserker is really good on it.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Well there you go, fury and berserk. Take your pants off and go all crazy on the non-tenno in the solar system

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

Scindo Prime has 20% critchance so Berserker is really good on it.

This goes double if you have Tempo Royale: the first hit of every combo (including quick attack) hits twice in a full circle. It's real easy to cap out the berserker buff real quick.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Helter Skelter posted:

Best gold I've found is from the Easter pack (very top left).
They never gave that to us on the PS4 so the Shamrock pack will have to do.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I really want the proto excal skin, just can't justify spending 150 plat on it :C

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/426353-hotfix-1612-anniversary-gifts/

Second Anniversary Gifts are in! Thank you for your patience as we distribute the goods, and thank you all for your support these past two years.

Available on Login:
· Dex Dakra
· Dex Furis

Available in Market:
· Excalibur Proto Armor Skin
· Proto Glaive Skin

PvP Changes
Excalibur’s Radial Javelin will now double check that enemies are within range before launching.
Quick Melee will no longer do full damage on last hit in PvP, slightly reducing the amount of damage dual weapons deal.

Changes
Updated Breeding Grounds trophies to use PBR.

Fixes
Fixed issue that would occur when Grineer Rollers would enter Limbo’s Cataclysm.
Fixed insignias showing on invisible targets in PvP.
Fixed tint coloring on Dojo trophies from the Mutalist Incursion event.
Fixed <RAID> appearing in the in-game invitation popup instead of <Trial>.
Fixed error that would occur when trying to change Clan tier.
Fixed crash that would occur when NPCs tried using abilities when ragdolled out of bounds.
Fixed Warframe level up notifications appearing partially offscreen in some resolutions.

hahahaha they made Radial Javelin worse

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Looks like the post-update server fire is starting. Deathsnacks is showing just the forum and PS4 chat down, but I can't log in on PC, either.

I finished leveling my Quanta. It's...ok? I might be completely spoiled by the Marelok now, but the Quanta didn't seem to really do enough damage to be worth it, especially against crowds. I never really got the hang of the alt-fire exploding cubes, for that matter.

Is there a good way to get the event elemental mods? I found Scorch and Frostbite from Spy 2.0 on Neptune, but I need Jolt and Pistol Pestilence, too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How often do De go back to work on frames? Kind of want to bucket some forma into Saryn but want to see if there's some rework in the near future.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
PS4 is working fine. Playing and chatting now.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Flipswitch posted:

How often do De go back to work on frames? Kind of want to bucket some forma into Saryn but want to see if there's some rework in the near future.

Most frames, very rarely. Excalibur, every other patch.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
You want to slot Quanta for the maximum possible fire rate and damage, it doesn't give a gently caress about HCal's accuracy debuff and it's extremely ammo efficient. When you do that it's basically a death laser that never runs out of ammo.

vvv: yes it does.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 25, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Does the proto glaive work on the prime version?

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Solumin posted:

Looks like the post-update server fire is starting. Deathsnacks is showing just the forum and PS4 chat down, but I can't log in on PC, either.

I finished leveling my Quanta. It's...ok? I might be completely spoiled by the Marelok now, but the Quanta didn't seem to really do enough damage to be worth it, especially against crowds. I never really got the hang of the alt-fire exploding cubes, for that matter.

Is there a good way to get the event elemental mods? I found Scorch and Frostbite from Spy 2.0 on Neptune, but I need Jolt and Pistol Pestilence, too.

By finish leveling it, do you mean put a bunch of forma on it? It won't do too much for you until you get it all modded up. Its draw is being able to do pretty good damage with the cubes while having an ammo efficient laser beam that you can lazily wave around for most of the available content.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

Nalesh posted:

Does the proto glaive work on the prime version?

Yes

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Any of you got a Four Riders you wanna sell? Tired of his loving laughing haunting my dreams.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Doctor Shapes posted:

By finish leveling it, do you mean put a bunch of forma on it? It won't do too much for you until you get it all modded up. Its draw is being able to do pretty good damage with the cubes while having an ammo efficient laser beam that you can lazily wave around for most of the available content.

No, I meant I reached level 30 for the first time with it. I've never used formas in weapons, since I'm more interested in trying out new weapons.

Denzine posted:

You want to slot Quanta for the maximum possible fire rate and damage, it doesn't give a gently caress about HCal's accuracy debuff and it's extremely ammo efficient. When you do that it's basically a death laser that never runs out of ammo.

Cool. I guess I'll hold onto it until I get more mods then.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Azran posted:

Hey guys, just got back from my holidays and the game gave me another 75% off.

Dibs. IGN: 1bigjohnson

I think ^^^

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Solumin posted:

1. Quanta is in a group of weapons that are kind of weak and crappy until you start dumping forma into them. Just leveling it to 30 doesn't give the whole picture with it, much like the opticor and amprex.

2. Pistol Pestilence, and all the other toxic event mods drop off Vor in T4 missions. The electric event mods like Jolt were available only during the original Tethra's Doom event (a full set), and during the event that added the new infested enemies (possible drops every 20 minutes during a special survival). If you want the Jolt you'll have to ask if someone has a spare in clan chat, or buy one off someone.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

EroticBlacksmith posted:

1. Quanta is in a group of weapons that are kind of weak and crappy until you start dumping forma into them. Just leveling it to 30 doesn't give the whole picture with it, much like the opticor and amprex.

2. Pistol Pestilence, and all the other toxic event mods drop off Vor in T4 missions. The electric event mods like Jolt were available only during the original Tethra's Doom event (a full set), and during the event that added the new infested enemies (possible drops every 20 minutes during a special survival). If you want the Jolt you'll have to ask if someone has a spare in clan chat, or buy one off someone.

1. Got it. I'm spoiled by the Marelok. It was fun when it worked well (e.g. bringing it against low-level mobs) but I don't have the mods/formas/potatoes to max it out.

2. I figured as much. Oh well. I'm hoping they add those two events' rewards as mission rewards at some point, like they did with the other two events. Or at least add the electric rewards, if the toxic ones are available through Vor.
Isn't it kind of weird to lock one set behind end-game content but have others available in normal missions? I got Scorch and Frostbite in half a dozen runs of Laomedeia (Neptune), but I've never even thought of trying a Tower IV mission.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They really seem to enjoy loving over their mascot Frame :psyduck:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They really seem to enjoy loving over their mascot Frame :psyduck:

Isn't that only a PVP change?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Supposedly, but this is DE.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Solumin posted:

1. Got it. I'm spoiled by the Marelok. It was fun when it worked well (e.g. bringing it against low-level mobs) but I don't have the mods/formas/potatoes to max it out.

The marelok is simply the tip of an iceberg.

I got lucky and got a Brakk early on and then fell in love with the thrown weapons, until Synoid Grammacor. Though the nerf isn't all that fun and I have to use mag and ammo max mods to make it similar.

I got a 2 year present today, dual dex drakka and dual dex furris.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
So I've been needing plat for slots recently and I need someone to tell me its ok to blow $140 on this terrible video game or talk me down.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Sphrin posted:

So I've been needing plat for slots recently and I need someone to tell me its ok to blow $140 on this terrible video game or talk me down.

Wait for a 75% off login coupon and then spend $35 on this terrible video game

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

DoombatINC posted:

Wait for a 75% off login coupon and then spend $35 on this terrible video game

Yes please do this! I got a 75% off coupon and dropped $50 and it's more plat than I will need for a long time.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Sell parts to pubbies for plat. They're dumb, they'll give you tons of plat.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Sphrin posted:

Sell syndicate poo poo, prime parts, or rare mods to pubbies and never pay a dime.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Wait for a 75% off login coupon

This is a poo poo piece of advice, I'm sorry. I've been playing for close to a year, maybe closer to two and I have never seen a 75% off coupon. 50% off is once in a blue moon.

I suspect that Azran is somehow stealing my coupons before the game can give them to me :argh:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

No it's great advice because it prevents one from spending real green spendy money on Hek E. Cheese tokens and, more importantly, from giving DE money

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Actually it incentivizes whales to give DE money because trading lets them skip pretty much ALL of the grind.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Sphrin posted:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This is a poo poo piece of advice, I'm sorry. I've been playing for close to a year, maybe closer to two and I have never seen a 75% off coupon. 50% off is once in a blue moon.

I suspect that Azran is somehow stealing my coupons before the game can give them to me :argh:

Hey-o! I'll give you my 75% off coupon. The guy who called dibs on it added me and he isn't even on the Goons group soooo ~

Also Malachite, I'm 2 coupons away from 40 since August, 2014. I'm not counting anything below 75%.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I appreciate it, Azran, but I'm good on plat for now. I get all I need from the Prime Access things :shepspends:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Azran posted:

Hey-o! I'll give you my 75% off coupon. The guy who called dibs on it added me and he isn't even on the Goons group soooo ~

Also Malachite, I'm 2 coupons away from 40 since August, 2014. I'm not counting anything below 75%.

If that coupon is still available, I'd love to use it. That 1000 plat bundle is looking pretty enticing.

If someone wouldn't mind re-adding me to the goon clan, I'd appreciate it. I used to play a lot, but I took a break, but I'm back and ready to play again. My in-game name is SymmetryrtemmyS.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I appreciate it, Azran, but I'm good on plat for now. I get all I need from the Prime Access things :shepspends:

I was talking to Sphrin anyways :v: But if you ever wanted a plat discount, I can always make a spot on the queue for you.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

If that coupon is still available, I'd love to use it. That 1000 plat bundle is looking pretty enticing.

If someone wouldn't mind re-adding me to the goon clan, I'd appreciate it. I used to play a lot, but I took a break, but I'm back and ready to play again. My in-game name is SymmetryrtemmyS.

Sure, I just want to know if Sphrin still wants it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man the Braton Prime has an awesome sound, quite liking this gun but I'm not sure I want to sink forma into it when I can get the Soma or Boltor Primes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Go ahead and do it, when forma'd you can use it up to about 35 minutes in t4s without too much effort, and you can do 40 but you'll definitely want to leave after that.

It's a good fun gun that I like to use to from time to time.