Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You jerk, that whole section sounds totally Queens and I can't think either

Closest I can get it the chorus of A Song For the Deaf which uses the same A-B-G melody, and it feels a lot closer when Josh does those descending bits like on 'no talk but cure' later on. I still feel like there's another song though, closer in tone

e- actually it might the chorus of Suture Up Your Future I'm thinking of

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

SkunkDuster posted:

This is going to be a hell of a thing if I am right, but "Throwing It All Away" by Genesis?

No, it's definitely not Genesis. It sounds more like The Alan Parsons Project meets Boston.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

baka kaba posted:

You jerk, that whole section sounds totally Queens and I can't think either

Closest I can get it the chorus of A Song For the Deaf which uses the same A-B-G melody, and it feels a lot closer when Josh does those descending bits like on 'no talk but cure' later on. I still feel like there's another song though, closer in tone

e- actually it might the chorus of Suture Up Your Future I'm thinking of

Hmm Suture Up Your Future sounds a bit close, but not quite. I'll have to wait til I get home so I can listen with headphones. I'm probably going to end up listening to every last Queens song to figure it out :v:

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

These Loving Eyes posted:

This one should be easy: a rap song with a repeating, a bit tinny pentatonicish guitar riff repeating through the whole thing. It sounded like there was a bit of oscillation in the guitar sound (a flanger or a phaser). Also, there was a guitar solo toward the end of it. I guess it is quite recent and hugely popular.

I didn't realize how vague I originally was, so I tried to recreate some bastardization of the background track:

Does this ring a bell?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I heard a song on the local npr music station and I'm having trouble identified it.

I don't have much info, and unfortunately the only lyrics I can remember are "all I need is you" which is said throughout the chorus and doesn't do a very good job of narrowing it down.

The best description I can give is that the chorus says :
All I need is you
Heyyyyyyyyy
All I need is you
Woooo-o-o

During the verse there is a bass line that sort of sounds like "in bloom" by nirvana and the chorus breaks out in more of an epic indie rock sound for lack of a better description.

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

During the verse there is a bass line that sort of sounds like "in bloom" by nirvana and the chorus breaks out in more of an epic indie rock sound for lack of a better description.

The rest of your description seemed to fit, but I wasn't sure about the bass line. I went looking for the video to embed, though, and it seems like people in the comments agree about In Bloom. I think you're after "10,000 Emerald Pools", by BØRNS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4GrDOOIIbk

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's it. Thanks :) The "in Bloom" part was a total afterthought when I was trying to think of any song that sounded similar. I'm actually kind of surprised other people thought that as well, since they really don't sound THAT much alike and I was sort of grasping at straws for a comparison.

Edit: Song remains catchy as hell.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 17, 2015

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
a song about Hotdogs. some of the lyrics are if you got the buns i got the meat.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

doodlebugs posted:

a song about Hotdogs. some of the lyrics are if you got the buns i got the meat.

http://youtu.be/FlItMpGYQTo ?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

anyone know what this is?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Lyrically similar to that, but the song is more mellow

Ahhh it randomly played on a 90's rock stream. The Wallflowers - 6th Avenue Heartache

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

sorry no.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
Unfortunately I don't have a clip, but I'm hoping someone knows of a punk song called "23" (or twenty something anyway). I was sure it was either flipper or pissed jeans, but evidently not. Any help appreciated.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
ah poo poo, how do i delete posts again. Sorry, I posted to say I'd found it but I hadn't.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You can edit them but you can't delete.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

a pwn cocktail posted:

Unfortunately I don't have a clip, but I'm hoping someone knows of a punk song called "23" (or twenty something anyway). I was sure it was either flipper or pissed jeans, but evidently not. Any help appreciated.

27 by Pinhead Gunpowder?

http://youtu.be/SZ2-VytA814

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

doodlebugs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94IdL3djJVU

Are you sure it was hot dogs?

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Can anyone help me with this one?

Mr. Scruff was playing a DJ set and put the whole thing online afterwards but I can't find what this song is.

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 26, 2015

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

crap nerd posted:

Mr. Scruff was playing a DJ set and put the whole thing online afterwards but I can't find what this song is.
It's a cover of this, but I've no idea who by.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

crap nerd posted:

As mentioned above it's a take of Horace Andy's Pure Ranking, done by Mango on Striker Productions. Welcome to the fun that is old Reggae 7 inches.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Thanks a million! Now to find a feasible way of getting my hands on it...

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Posting this here just because it took me years to remember what the gently caress this is called

Lucas - Lucas with the lid off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY5zaDZq0sc

This was like, my favorite thing ever when I was 13 years old.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Since this is a thread for musical savants, help me identify this song:

American rock song. Not totally sure when it was made but it sounded like something from the 80s/90s. No idea of title or artist.

Not too certain of the lyrics, but they followed the cadence: Buh-BUH, buh-BUH, buh-BUH / buh-BUH buh-BUH buh-BUH buh-BUH buh-BUH buh-BUH buh-BUH

The only lyrics I can recall are transitional, in a rapid crescendo: "AND SHE WAS SCREAMING AAAAAAAHHHHH -- buh-BUH, buh-BUH, buh-BUH..."

Thank you for trying your best.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
Need help with a song from somewhere between 2000-2010... I forget how the beginning goes but near the end it switches to half as fast and the singer is like "am I going crazy? am I going loving crazy? Doesn't anyone around here speak English? Everyone's acting like I'm loving crazy or something! Doesn't anyone speak English here??!?!?" He's not singing anymore, just yelling it like he's surrounded by people who cant hear him.

Getting a lot of hits for em's "my dad's gone crazy" and some other unrelated stuff. This might have been a NYC or Boston band. Any ideas?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

This is probably going to be even less to go on than normal.

I can't recall much about this song- it's late 60's or 70's and of a philosophical bend, and fairly popular, even today.

It's about a guy talking about the problems of the day and what the future holds with a sense of resignation, and perhaps defeatism.

It's not "In The Year 2525" by Zager & Evans, but does deal with similar themes.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kumo posted:

This is probably going to be even less to go on than normal.

I can't recall much about this song- it's late 60's or 70's and of a philosophical bend, and fairly popular, even today.

It's about a guy talking about the problems of the day and what the future holds with a sense of resignation, and perhaps defeatism.

It's not "In The Year 2525" by Zager & Evans, but does deal with similar themes.

Here are three:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg6xaFZStEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487t88pz-2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLsElbW9Xo

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

Maybe "Stretch Out and Wait" by the Smiths?

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life
There's a dance like song that I downloaded years ago. I remember the lyrics very distinctly, especially the last line of the chorus, in which the last line is "It's just a funny game and the loser is you." Other lyrics include "What do you want?", "What do you need?" and "Make my day". I tried Google but nothing? Anyone got an idea? I would really appreciate it.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

#1 with a bullet! It was Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World

Thank you very much, it was bothering me. :)

Morozko posted:

There's a dance like song that I downloaded years ago. I remember the lyrics very distinctly, especially the last line of the chorus, in which the last line is "It's just a funny game and the loser is you." Other lyrics include "What do you want?", "What do you need?" and "Make my day". I tried Google but nothing? Anyone got an idea? I would really appreciate it.

Waldeck - Make My Day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPvSC5UqLk

Kumo fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 31, 2015

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Rubies posted:

Need help with a song from somewhere between 2000-2010... I forget how the beginning goes but near the end it switches to half as fast and the singer is like "am I going crazy? am I going loving crazy? Doesn't anyone around here speak English? Everyone's acting like I'm loving crazy or something! Doesn't anyone speak English here??!?!?" He's not singing anymore, just yelling it like he's surrounded by people who cant hear him.

Getting a lot of hits for em's "my dad's gone crazy" and some other unrelated stuff. This might have been a NYC or Boston band. Any ideas?

Hello? Is this thing on? by !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPqHXr_XFbc

One of my favourites.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

Ahhhh thank you! I scrolled thru my entire iTunes library and didn't see anything that rang a bell... "!!!" shows up at the bottom of my library with a bunch of old unsorted and untagged bullshit so I didn't see them. These dudes were good, I think i'll throw the two albums I have back into rotation for a bit. Thanks :)

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Anyone know of a song with a similar intro to The Zombies - Maybe After He's Gone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-FRiu84P8
Sure I've heard it in another context but I can't quite put my finger on what

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

It's not cute. It's all very serious.

Allyn posted:

Anyone know of a song with a similar intro to The Zombies - Maybe After He's Gone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-FRiu84P8
Sure I've heard it in another context but I can't quite put my finger on what

It REALLY reminds me of Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Recent song, kind of techno-y, main lyrics include something similar to "get ready for the new [something]", used in a car commercial

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Not sure if this is the right place, but a video/song combo on youtube that I hold dear just got removed. This video was meditative to me and always put me in a happy place. It means a lot to me, and helped me through some very dark and desperate times in my life.

its Adagio for strings played over a poem called desiderata. Heres the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPDO3Tfab0

When I try to watch it it says this

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that."

HOW DO I GET A HOLD OF THIS VIDEO? what countries is this not blocked in? I've desperately tried contacting the uploader to no avail. This is driving me crazy, I must have the video.

and is there a better place I could be asking this question?

HELP

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Boat posted:

Ripped this from some video clip of runway models that had zero song attributions whatsoever. I've tried all the "identify this song" apps/gadgets/widgets/etc. to no avail, but maybe someone knows what this is:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ruxJi1rZa7

Trying this again.

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Not sure if this is the right place, but a video/song combo on youtube that I hold dear just got removed. This video was meditative to me and always put me in a happy place. It means a lot to me, and helped me through some very dark and desperate times in my life.

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that."

HOW DO I GET A HOLD OF THIS VIDEO? what countries is this not blocked in? I've desperately tried contacting the uploader to no avail. This is driving me crazy, I must have the video.

HELP

Use one of the many download from youtube sites. I don't think they care about country restrictions.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Sorry about that."

HELP

I've sent you a PM.

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!
So, this might be a long shot, but does anyone know of a song really similar to Cascada's "Everytime We Touch?" The 3-note progression in the second line of each verse is drat near identical to this song I cant remember. It would have come out around the year 2000, give or take a couple years, and i'm pretty sure it was Japanese or anime-related, since the guy I got the mix cd from was a huge anime dork at the time. I remember it being a lot more somber as well. I thought it was the Cascada song at first, but the time at which it came out as well as the tone just don't match up in my mind. I have been wracking my brain for about 15 years trying to find it again to no avail, it would be great if one of you knew what it was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I heard a song and I don't know what it is.

I think it's called "Free Weed" but I may be wrong. I'm pretty sure the chorus has that line, and also something about ecstasy. It's a female singer, sounds pretty recent and was kind of psychedelic indie rock. This is surprisingly hard to google even if I do think I know what the song is called