Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So I haven't been able to watch the new arc v episode till now and everyone is dying. :rip:

This was another really good episode though now that The Obelisk Force is actually being threatening it feels like Yami Yuya got pretty lucky the guys he fought were complete scrubs. But even the new and improved mooks are probably not going to be around for much longer since Sawatari and Gongenzaka are going to be reinforcements and they're the best. Also, Sora v Yuya mark 2 should be a good duel but i'm guessing the duel will be interrupted before it finishes because when that duel actually happens it's important enough to be the entire focus of the episode and next week it will probably get split between that duel and the end of The Obelisk Force.

Oh, and I hope they don't just skip over Reira and Tatsuya's duel because EnterMachine's sound like they could be pretty cool, will they be robot's with Top Hat's or magician's cape's? I must know.

Apparently next week is the last episode of the season and the end of Part 1 of Arc V. It's had a pretty good first third, I think. It's not going to be able to keep this up will it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

I don't think Noden's ever coming to the TCG.

I've seen people saying that there are copyright issues with the Lovecraftian gods here in America but no idea if that is true.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That's probably the reason.

Though there's nothing stopping them from just changing the names of the cards to something else, which they'll have to do ANYWAY to get rid of the 'god' parts of the names.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Rank-Up Heraldics:

3x Heraldic Beast Leo
3x Heraldic Beast Aberconway
3x Heraldic Beast Amphisbaena
3x Heraldic Beast Unicorn
3x Swift Scarecrow
2x Heraldic Beast Basilisk
2x Heraldic Beast Twin-Headed Eagle

3x Rank-Up-Magic Limited Barian's Force
3x Heraldry Reborn
3x Advanced Heraldry Art
3x Heraldry Augmentation
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Dark Hole
1x Raigeki

3x Royal Decree

2x Number 18: Heraldic Progenitor Plain-Coat
2x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
2x Lightning Plover
1x Number 104: Ragnazero
1x Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage
1x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1x Gagaga Cowboy
2x Number C69: Heraldry Crest of Horror
1x Number C101: Silent Honor DARK

This is the deck I was primarily using towards the second half of the stream with Baal, with a few adjustments to deal with some common meta threats.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

You're in luck. This is coming out soon: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_Superstars

It's going to contain all the OCG/Korean exclusives from LVAL to...DUEA, I think, minus the Lovecraft stuff.

what's the lovecraft stuff?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

I will miss Qliphorts being a viable deck archetype.

You are the worst.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

You are the worst.

Killer is the best and you know it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

what's the lovecraft stuff?

Monsters based on Lovecraft's works.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_God_Azathoth
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_God_Nyarla
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_God_Noden
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Old_One_Chthugha
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Old_One_Hastur
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Unspeakable_Trapezohedron

They're Korean exclusive, and a neat set of things to mess with. Noden is completely broken though and allows you to do some utterly insane, stupid plays. If it ever makes it to the TCG I can see it getting a quick and sudden ban.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

Killer is the best and you know it.

Yes, I love fighting decks based entirely around side decking if you want to have a chance of beating them.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The moment Noden appears on the battlefield, you can just assume that your opponent is going to puke his whole Extra Deck worth of rank 4s all over your nice playmat.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes, I love fighting decks based entirely around side decking if you want to have a chance of beating them.

Use more MSTs against Scout. Problem solved.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I've seen people saying that there are copyright issues with the Lovecraftian gods here in America but no idea if that is true.

I'd more think it's never coming cause it's OP as poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VJeff posted:

I'd more think it's never coming cause it's OP as poo poo.
Eh. Noden is busted, but they can just ban him. None of the others seem all that dominating.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

gently caress Qliphorts.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

Monsters based on Lovecraft's works.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_God_Azathoth
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_God_Nyarla
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_God_Noden
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Old_One_Chthugha
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Old_One_Hastur
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Unspeakable_Trapezohedron

They're Korean exclusive, and a neat set of things to mess with. Noden is completely broken though and allows you to do some utterly insane, stupid plays. If it ever makes it to the TCG I can see it getting a quick and sudden ban.

holy poo poo the art in these rule

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

Use more MSTs against Scout. Problem solved.

WHAT? Are you legitimately saying that killing Scout kills a Qliphort deck? Do you actually believe this?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

gently caress Qliphorts.

Take them out to dinner first

Beef Waifu posted:

WHAT? Are you legitimately saying that killing Scout kills a Qliphort deck? Do you actually believe this?

Shutting down any form of searching they have immediately mitigates most of the problems that one may have with the deck. As well, it takes away their most viable method of pendulum summoning. Most decks can flood as much, if not moreso than Qliphorts at any given time.

Furthermore, trap-heavy decks make short work of them. During the time I played against them, I was running HAT, which was a hard-counter to most of the strategies they implored, from tributing to searching. Since that's no longer viable, anything which banishes also works (one BTH and it's all over for them), as well as anything with heavy S/T removal (Shaddolls once again come to mind with milling Dragon, as a simple example). So long as you're able to prevent their initial setup, it's not a hard game to win.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 26, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gently caress Qliphorts.
can i gently caress harpies instead

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

Take them out to dinner first
Furthermore, trap-heavy decks make short work of them. During the time I played against them, I was running HAT, which was a hard-counter to most of the strategies they implored, from tributing to searching. Since that's no longer viable, anything which banishes also works (one BTH and it's all over for them), as well as anything with heavy S/T removal (Shaddolls once again come to mind with milling Dragon, as a simple example). So long as you're able to prevent their initial setup, it's not a hard game to win.

Yes it is. The problem with Qliphorts is not that you can't build for them, it's that you have to specifically build for them. There are enough cards in the game that you can build a counter to pretty much any deck, but that does not make it fun, that makes it a tedious chore. A lot of competitive players really hate Qliphorts, it's not that you can't build around them it's that you have to sacrifice the deck you like to do so. Qliphorts are really strong on the first game against basically any loving deck, then you side deck in a bunch of a poo poo and destroy all of their cards. That does not mean they aren't viable nor does it not make them loving stupid, the fact that you have to dedicate a good part of your counter strategy bullshit to them is dumb. The same goes for Shaddolls and Nekroz, while I'm at it.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 26, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

holy poo poo the art in these rule

Hastur might just be my favorite card art in the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, that Nyarl looks rad as poo poo.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Yes it is. The problem with Qliphorts is not that you can't build for them, it's that you have to specifically build for them. There are enough cards in the game that you can build a counter to pretty much any deck, but that does not make it fun, that makes it a tedious chore. A lot of competitive players really hate Qliphorts, it's not that you can't build around them it's that you have to sacrifice the deck you like to do so. Qliphorts are really strong on the first game against basically any loving deck, then you side deck in a bunch of a poo poo and destroy all of their cards. That does not mean they aren't viable nor does it not make them loving stupid, the fact that you have to dedicate a good part of your counter strategy bullshit to them is dumb. The same goes for Shaddolls and Nekroz, while I'm at it.

I can concede to this. I just always played decks with strong outs to that kind of stuff, so I guess I have a strong experience bias.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think it's gonna take a while to get a pure ghostricks deck running, I might just have to go ghostricks/madolche.
The cards are adorable but I'm not really enjoying so much how they play yet.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

Hastur might just be my favorite card art in the game.

it's good as hell but i'm gonna have to go with

Beef Waifu posted:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah why is the art in these so much better than the normal card art? Did they have guest artists do these?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 26, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really wish they would put artist names on these cards so we knew the individual ones.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah why is the art in these so much better than the normal card art? Did they have guest artists do these?

I guess they wanted something special for their first ever Korean exclusives, similar to how they got Genzoman to do art for the first couple Noble Knights (Artorigus, Gawayn, and Ancient Dragon).

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I really wish they would put artist names on these cards so we knew the individual ones.

I don't understand why they don't. It's one of the fantastic things about a lot of other TCGs.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Will be playing on YGOPro for about an hour, and all I'm getting is nerds who surrender first turn, so if anyone wants to play me, I'll be playing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Why the gently caress has everyone on Dueling Network been using Fire Fists this week? They aren't off the banlist yet. :argh:

EDIT: I hope none of you blind MST. That's a horrible habit for people to have.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 26, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think it's gonna take a while to get a pure ghostricks deck running, I might just have to go ghostricks/madolche.
The cards are adorable but I'm not really enjoying so much how they play yet.

There's level 3 Ghosttrick zombies and Ghosttrick Mill to play if you want something funnier, though neither are very competitive.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So what is so broken about Noden? Summoning something seems nice and all, but I don't see how it's all that special.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

You use it with Instant Fusion. That brings out Noden and then he can use his effect to go into an instant synchro or R4 Xyz. All you had to do was use 1 card and pay 1000 lifepoints and you got out a R4 Xyz.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It doesn't even have to be for an instant R4, although it usually is. It's just that getting any level 4 monster out of your graveyard is way, way, way too versatile. Most of the best monsters in the game in terms of getting things started are level 4.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

His effect isn't limited to once per turn either, which opens up some dirty as hell plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icjXaxHto1k

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If he does come to TCG he should be renamed 'Ultimate Tour Guide Noden'.

(I'd be all for a tour guide archetype/similar support)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

A 'Tour' archetype, so that Tour Bus cards count as members.

Alternately, I'd love for a Tour Guide from The Sanctuary that worked with Fairies.

EDIT: Been trying out U.A. this week.

Sports Guys > Dumb Lizards. I don't get why the guy never actually Synchro Summoned though, that seems weird on his part.

(I need to build an actual extra deck for this.)

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 26, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I just played against an Exodia deck.

It somehow drew its entire deck in one turn. And the last card was Exodia's head, hilariously enough.

Far less hilarious was the OTK though. Holy poo poo is that a boring way to win or what?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Exodia decks are the loving worst. They're easier to deal with in singles then in matches though, a LOT easier, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

(I need to build an actual extra deck for this.)

Extra decks are for nerds.