Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The flashbacks were a bit weird. Normally you try to redeem a bad guy before his heroic sacrifice, but they made him look worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The flashbacks were a bit weird. Normally you try to redeem a bad guy before his heroic sacrifice, but they made him look worse.

What? No they didn't. They showed he was a soldier who developed extreme PTSD because of his wartime experience, lost his family because of it, and was left with nothing, and clung to the first people that threw him a life-raft, who unfortunately an evil secret organization. They were there to show why he was willing to sacrifice himself so that the Diggles could get back to their daughter. So that they could have what he had but lost because of what his time as a soldier did to him.

I was pleased by the Wounded Warriors thing at the very end too. Its a real serious issue and deserves more attention.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Ray telling off different members of Team Arrow was one of my favorite things this season.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Pretty great episode. Brandon Routh was killing it as was the guy who played Deadshot. Still hoping he didn't die, as well, though.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

VBane posted:

What? No they didn't. They showed he was a soldier who developed extreme PTSD because of his wartime experience, lost his family because of it, and was left with nothing, and clung to the first people that threw him a life-raft, who unfortunately an evil secret organization. They were there to show why he was willing to sacrifice himself so that the Diggles could get back to their daughter. So that they could have what he had but lost because of what his time as a soldier did to him.

I was pleased by the Wounded Warriors thing at the very end too. Its a real serious issue and deserves more attention.

I agree with this! Also I wouldn't mind if they did make Cupid an Arrow version of Harley Quinn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VBane posted:

Before the episode it was implied he was doing it for his daughter. With this backstory he had already lost everything and was just a killer.

What you said is still there, but something more than getting to shoot people making his ears perk up would have been better.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm the Mayor of Starling City."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

overtone posted:

I agree with this! Also I wouldn't mind if they did make Cupid an Arrow version of Harley Quinn.

Bring in a new member every time. Cupid falls in love with them. They die.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cupid was really spectacular this episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Suicide Squad part of the episode was clearly done to write the team and especially Lawton off the show before the movie comes out and it wasn't very subtle about it either.

I'm glad they already tackled the big part of the Deathstroke story now. I wouldn't expect to see him back for a while. I think Manu got cast as the lead in some other show anyway though.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh please don't puss out let both of them die.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Aphrodite posted:

That kind of seems like it hurts their goals.

People are going to think the Arrow just killed the mayor for no reason?

I thought this as I was watching it, but from an outsider perspective this is the timeline:

• Bunch of people get murdered
  • Mayor goes on TV and announces a suspect and that they're gonna bring this murderous criminal to justice
  • Said murderous criminal then kills the Mayor

To anyone who doesn't personally know Oliver Queen and Ra's al Ghul, Arrow's guilt seems pretty straight-forward.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah killing the Mayor right after she puts out a message about taking down The Arrow is pretty logical if you're trying to frame him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think.. I think Ray Palmer just murdered Roy. :catstare: He's just gone and no mention of him again. :( Very sad.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

I think.. I think Ray Palmer just murdered Roy. :catstare: He's just gone and no mention of him again. :( Very sad.

Like all Roy scenes it was probably shot and cut for time to later be found on the DVD.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hollismason posted:

What I like is how Olliver just walks off instead of to going check on him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He got shot with lighting from a guy wearing a flying suit. He's dead and Ray Palmer is a murderer.

I'm still laughing that they just forgot about Roy, he's still out there just his dead body laying at the industrial sight.

Exterior Industrial Plant Night

Two Cops stand over the body of a red hooded figure sprawled on the sidewalk.

Cop Number 1
Looks like this guy tried to imitate
a superhero and ended up get electricuted
while playing make believe.

Cop Number 2
Probably a Sex thing.

Cop Number 1
What how is it a sex thing

Cop Number 2
He's wearing red leather with laces,
no one wears that and it not be a sex
thing.

Cop Number 1
Yea, you're probably right.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 26, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hollismason posted:

The suit made it back to the Arrowcave. So either he lived, or Oliver wanted to make sure he got his deposit back from the Superhero Costume Store.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Scyantific posted:

The suit made it back to the Arrowcave. So either he lived, or Oliver wanted to make sure he got his deposit back from the Superhero Costume Store.

I hope he didn't buy it from Ray, that fucker never gives back deposits.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's even worse, Oliver just stripped his body so that he could use it for his next sidekick and left Roy's body naked there at the industrial plant the cops are definitely going to think it was a sex thing.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Also: was it me or did Diggle basically teleport into a Metal Gear Solid mission somehow tonight? Guess we know where Kojima's new job is.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

XboxPants posted:

I hope he didn't buy it from Ray, that fucker never gives back deposits.

Ollie could definitely get his deposit back by blackmailing the rental company, Roy's costume is clearly infringing on the intellectual property of the inventor of the baseball.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So are the rumours true that they nixed the Suicide Squad because of the movie coming out? That doesn't bode well for the DC TVverse if They happened to like I dunno just straight up say " Yea, you can't use Ras anymore Batmans coming out" or " Yeah you can't use Captain Cold".

Do not like.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

JohnSherman posted:

Ollie could definitely get his deposit back by blackmailing the rental company, Roy's costume is clearly infringing on the intellectual property of the inventor of the baseball.

Unbreakable owns :respek:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

So are the rumours true that they nixed the Suicide Squad because of the movie coming out? That doesn't bode well for the DC TVverse if They happened to like I dunno just straight up say " Yea, you can't use Ras anymore Batmans coming out" or " Yeah you can't use Captain Cold".

Do not like.

Guggenheim said they weren't allowed to use Harley or Bronze Tiger anymore (that's why he was killed in the comics apparently) and we just saw them kill Lawton and effectively write the connection to the Suicide Squad out of the show. So I'd say it's pretty apparent. I don't know that they'll treat all the characters like that. Two other characters from that movie (Slade and Harkness) are the only two prisoners locked on an island in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't seem like coincidence. How far it goes will probably depend on just how integral the character is to the show. For instance I don't think they'll take Flash off the air when the Flash movie comes out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That was probably one of the best episodes of the season. Lots of stuff happening and it all basically works.

Cupid is amazing. And I liked that they went for the abusive PTSD angle with Deadshot (who I'm hella certain is still alive) 'cuz it made his old shmaltzy generic "myyy dauuughhtterrrr" stuff a bit more edgy and nuanced.

Oh, and Laurel continues to twist the law for her own ends, while Roy gets punked and neglected. It's the little things that count.

Also, Ray being an annoying douchebag just makes him more recognizable as comic book Ray to me, so :xd:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Oh, is Palmer being a minister some kind of comics nod?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I don't think so. Anything that would make comics Ray Palmer more interesting is almost certainly not true.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Roy: Don't abandon me.
Oliver: I won't

*leaves Roy electrocuted in a dock yard*

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That episode was loving great.

Deadpool posted:

Guggenheim said they weren't allowed to use Harley or Bronze Tiger anymore (that's why he was killed in the comics apparently) and we just saw them kill Lawton and effectively write the connection to the Suicide Squad out of the show. So I'd say it's pretty apparent. I don't know that they'll treat all the characters like that. Two other characters from that movie (Slade and Harkness) are the only two prisoners locked on an island in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't seem like coincidence. How far it goes will probably depend on just how integral the character is to the show. For instance I don't think they'll take Flash off the air when the Flash movie comes out.

This, though, is less great. Deadshot was a really fun character, it sucks that they're stuck writing him out because of DC's executives.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I don't know if this is better or worse than the time Oliver shot him with an arrow and left him in the alley.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Deadpool posted:

Well I don't think they'll take it off the Air but I wouldn't be surprised if they straight up said " You can't use Captain Cold " since he's like the Flash villian. Who the gently caress knows though that movie is weird as hell , The Flash movie specifically . Like who would be his first Super Villian ? Who would he fight?

I will say this I would not be suprised if we saw th Emerald Archer casts very soon as they'd want a Hawkeye analogue, or maybe they wouldn't cast him because he is a Hawkeye Analogue.

Who knows, but I know if they make a Batman movie Ras is off the table probably and so are a lot of characters.

Bad Moon posted:

Someone use their powers of Giffyness to create this and post it on Amells facebook. Just have it be him saying that ray electrocuting him then oliver walking away.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 26, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

Well I don't think they'll take it off the Air but I wouldn't be surprised if they straight up said " You can't use Captain Cold " since he's like the Flash villian. Who the gently caress knows though that movie is weird as hell , The Flash movie specifically . Like who would be his first Super Villian ? Who would he fight?

I will say this I would not be suprised if we saw th Emerald Archer casts very soon as they'd want a Hawkeye analogue, or maybe they wouldn't cast him because he is a Hawkeye Analogue.

Who knows, but I know if they make a Batman movie Ras is off the table probably and so are a lot of characters.

He'll fight Reverse Flash in the movie because that's the obvious choice and unfortunately Wells will probably already be gone or at best recurring at that point. Because they're getting close to revealing it's him and when that happens he probably won't be a regular on the show anymore.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

It's especially funny 'cause something similar just happened last week on Flash where a character got shot by lightning and it wasn't 100% clear if they were supposed to be dead or heavily injured or just needed to be resuscitated or what... and then this week we find out that yeah, we were definitely supposed to assume that person was critically injured and probably dead, duh, what the hell do you think happens when someone gets hit huge arcing electricity that knocks them flying like that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

XboxPants posted:

It's especially funny 'cause something similar just happened last week on Flash where a character got shot by lightning and it wasn't 100% clear if they were supposed to be dead or heavily injured or just needed to be resuscitated or what... and then this week we find out that yeah, we were definitely supposed to assume that person was critically injured and probably dead, duh, what the hell do you think happens when someone gets hit huge arcing electricity that knocks them flying like that.

I'm guessing the guy that's trying to stop people from murdering people isn't shooting off electricity to kill someone. Probably just enough to take them down for a bit.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Deadpool posted:

I'm guessing the guy that's trying to stop people from murdering people isn't shooting off electricity to kill someone. Probably just enough to take them down for a bit.

Yeah, if you think about it that's definitely the case, I'm sure it's just a super-taser. Still, they kinda over-did it on the effect there. Regardless, it ended up looking both cool, and also hilarious, so I'm not complaining - just think it's funny.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

All that rubber Roy wears insulates him pretty well.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Deadpool posted:

Oh poo poo, I misplaced a decimal. It's set to 100, not 10. :science:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It was so over done though as to be just ridiculous , it really looks like he just straight up murdered him. Also, how did Oliver disable Rays suit? Shoot his belt, I didn't get that.

I saw a weakness. You apparently have your power cords all on the exterior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If the SS rumors are true then that really loving sucks for the long and oft-rumored SS miniseries. TV Lawton is way better than Will Smith can ever hope to be.

• Locked thread