Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Shimi

can somebody resize this for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I would like to thank this thread for my new mouse avatar.

BIG BIC SQUAD
It's a very nice mouse avatar. :)

landy.

Luvcow posted:

I would like to thank this thread for my new mouse avatar.

I'm glad xylo changed it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

landy. posted:

I'm glad xylo changed it

Absolutely, it was very kind of him.

SurfinArbiter

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh

Luvcow posted:

Absolutely, it was very kind of him.

i wonder what the mouse is going to play with that guitar

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chef Shimi posted:

can somebody resize this for me?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chef Shimi

cool ty

SurfinArbiter

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh

wait what the hell i can even see the original one how did you see it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

SurfinArbiter posted:

i wonder what the mouse is going to play with that guitar

Oh all kinds of things

How difficult is it to make the avatar strum the guitar?

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
A forums poster (dunno if they want me saying who) pm'd me a cool image that I really adore the leaves and stem for:

and it gave me ideas. After spending awhile, I got these two, which I'm not entirely happy with:

The first one is very slightly slower. The pupil movement is a little weird. The idea is it glances over at the post, is like "whoa, uh what" and slowly goes back to the center. Other ideas I couldn't implement for this that I tried:

• Blinking. I suck at it. Also I couldn't make the image blink in a way I liked. Maybe the eyelid could be an extremely dark brown?
  • After looking at the post, petals wilt/fall off. After the pupil grows back to the same size towards the end of the animation, the petals regrow/become healthy.
  • Maybe it sways a little in the breeze, or the leaves do something besides be still.
  • Not be shittily drawn by me, maybe actually distinctive petals. I tried for like an hour to draw distinctive, nice petals and got nowhere.

Maybe this is still weirds people out too much? Not sure. Will check this during lunch tomorrow, maybe work on it tomorrow more, but I think this is the limit of my "skill"

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Maybe the leaves kind of gently move like eye lashes when the eye moves?

Maybe narrow when it moves left or right?

fuck. marry. t-rex

Good

nvm no cake

BIG BIC SQUAD

Qwerinty posted:

[*]Not be shittily drawn by me, maybe actually distinctive petals. I tried for like an hour to draw distinctive, nice petals and got nowhere.[/list]

I dunno if you'll like this idea but maybe it would be cool to have a realistic version of the same general animation?
This is a fast and poorly made image that I threw together to get the general idea of what I'm saying across- it's not animated or even sized correctly, I just wanted to show you what it could potentially look like

landy.

Qwerinty posted:

A forums poster (dunno if they want me saying who) pm'd me a cool image that I really adore the leaves and stem for:

and it gave me ideas. After spending awhile, I got these two, which I'm not entirely happy with:

The first one is very slightly slower. The pupil movement is a little weird. The idea is it glances over at the post, is like "whoa, uh what" and slowly goes back to the center. Other ideas I couldn't implement for this that I tried:

• Blinking. I suck at it. Also I couldn't make the image blink in a way I liked. Maybe the eyelid could be an extremely dark brown?
  • After looking at the post, petals wilt/fall off. After the pupil grows back to the same size towards the end of the animation, the petals regrow/become healthy.
  • Maybe it sways a little in the breeze, or the leaves do something besides be still.
  • Not be shittily drawn by me, maybe actually distinctive petals. I tried for like an hour to draw distinctive, nice petals and got nowhere.

Maybe this is still weirds people out too much? Not sure. Will check this during lunch tomorrow, maybe work on it tomorrow more, but I think this is the limit of my "skill"

I think there's too much delay between frames on your gif. if you lowered the delay it would probably look more smooth.

also, I don't mind I love attention.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Would you like some kind of background in it?

SurfinArbiter posted:

wait what the hell i can even see the original one how did you see it

I hit reply and saw the link. Wait... are you messing with me?

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

I dunno if you'll like this idea but maybe it would be cool to have a realistic version of the same general animation?
This is a fast and poorly made image that I threw together to get the general idea of what I'm saying across- it's not animated or even sized correctly, I just wanted to show you what it could potentially look like

It would be cool having a realistic sunflower with the petals dancing in a breeze when the center opens up showing an eye looking all over the place or directly through the screen.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

The whole point of changing my av from my current one is because I've gotten complaints about it and makes a few posters uncomfortable. Making it realistic would be making it worse, otherwise I would keep it or literally buy a pomegranate, paint it to be an eye, and make a stop motion of it being chopped in half by a cleaver by me. Besides, drawn stuff is cooler imo.

landy. posted:

I think there's too much delay between frames on your gif. if you lowered the delay it would probably look more smooth.

also, I don't mind I love attention.

ok, it was landy, he made the cool one. I'm gonna work on the frames on the gif tomorrow. Maybe I can reduce it down. Maybe download a program instead of using a website or ask my image witch friend to make it smoother.

----------------

BIG BIC SQUAD

Qwerinty posted:

The whole point of changing my av from my current one is because I've gotten complaints about it and makes a few posters uncomfortable. Making it realistic would be making it worse, otherwise I would keep it or literally buy a pomegranate, paint it to be an eye, and make a stop motion of it being chopped in half by a cleaver by me. Besides, drawn stuff is cooler imo.

Oh
Sorry

landy.

Qwerinty posted:

ok, it was landy, he made the cool one. I'm gonna work on the frames on the gif tomorrow. Maybe I can reduce it down. Maybe download a program instead of using a website or ask my image witch friend to make it smoother.

if you use gimp it will make every frame into a different layer, then you can edit the frames as much as you want.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

it's cool, no worries. no apologies needed

landy. posted:

if you use gimp it will make every frame into a different layer, then you can edit the frames as much as you want.

did not know that, that is awesome advice. maybe if i actually used a tutorial

----------------

Chef Shimi

I think the ones you posted are cool.

Machai

SurfinArbiter

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
byotiful

cuntman.net

Qwerinty posted:

Making it realistic would be making it worse, otherwise I would keep it or literally buy a pomegranate, paint it to be an eye, and make a stop motion of it being chopped in half by a cleaver by me.

that sounds cool though

playground tough

this one is rad af
if you pm me the original ill modify it in anyway u want but its super cool already imo

if anything id shorten the delay between loops vOv

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

That's cool. Hm. Interesting take. I might clean it up a little; I like the little scared jolt backwards.

TWIST FIST posted:

that sounds cool though

I have an idea for this but I need to do a lot of planning first.

playground tough posted:

this one is rad af
if you pm me the original ill modify it in anyway u want but its super cool already imo

Sent, gonna try to get some sleep again (which i said two hours ago)

----------------

a new study bible!

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Have you longed for an avatar of two lighters smooching?

Welp, here you go.

problematic hug

verily carefree

i croped this i feel like ive seen it on the forums before

Lil Cunty

you guys look how way cute i am

ty crap

ty landy

landy.
it's a good av

fuck. marry. t-rex

landy. posted:

it's a good av

alnilam

landy. posted:

it's a good av

alnilam

Can you post the gif I'm on my phone so it's not animate

Bread Set Jettison

Jimi Changa posted:

you guys look how way cute i am

Jimi youre av is really cute

Lil Cunty

it's a cat dynamite original

I'm really proud of it

ty crap

ty landy

the unabonger

landy. posted:

it's a good av

Piso Mojado

landy. posted:

it's a good av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood

...Friendship? Again?
hi all! i would like an avatar! i do not know if requests are okay but something silly involving johnny cage would be cool