Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

Additionally, he was on Letterman and got hounded a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNHStv8N9kQ
My word O'Reilly has really developed into a disgusting lumpy fleshbeast in his old age. His usual head-on presentation from his own show doesn't capture his full magnificence at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sir Tonk posted:

Look, Cowger is a serious conservative activist. I'll bet he even uses the Conservative Web Browser.

47 loving dollars

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

Look, Cowger is a serious conservative activist. I'll bet he even uses the Conservative Web Browser.

You know that sounds like a great way to fleece people.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Crowsbeak posted:

You know that sounds like a great way to fleece people.

We really are missing out on easy money

brb, I'm going to make a Conservative [Twitter|Irc|Gopher|Eudora]

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Best of all its not like you're selling them snake oil. I mean unless giving them easier access to sites that raise their blood pressure really is that wrong.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

WASHINGTON — Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson’s brother Buckley Carlson referred to New York City mayor Bill de Blasio’s spokesperson as a “self-righteous bitch” in an email to his brother obtained by BuzzFeed News.

quote:

Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:18 PM
To: Tucker Carlson; Spitalnick, Amy (OMB)
Subject: Re: Correction Needed

Great response. Whiny little self-righteous bitch. “Appalling?”
And with such an ironic name, too…Spitalnick? Ironic because you just know she has extreme dick-fright; no chance has this girl ever had a pearl necklace. Spoogeneck? I don’t think so. More like LabiaFace.

Buckley Carlson
XXX-XXX-XXXX

quote:

In response to a request for comment from BuzzFeed News, Tucker Carlson said, “I just talked to my brother about his response, and he assures me he meant it in the nicest way.”

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bunleigh posted:

My word O'Reilly has really developed into a disgusting lumpy fleshbeast in his old age. His usual head-on presentation from his own show doesn't capture his full magnificence at all.

That's just called a good republican body.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

There just seems to be a lot of Conservatives out there (like Cowger, like Cruz) that seem to really have limited interests and hobbies that normal people would indeed have. Like even some of the worst politicians out there (Nixon, W.) all had some sort of small moment where you could related to them in some sort of context. I realize the Nixon reference is controversial, but Hunter S. Thompson even admitted that he had a good honest chat with the guy over football for a couple of hours.

Even guys like Rush Limbaugh you can at least point to and go "Yeah he's an rear end, but he seems like he enjoys golf among a few other hobbies".

I just look at a guy like Cowger and go "Jesus kid, you're in High School. Quit wasting your time bitching about politics. Go play video games with your friends. Go play sports. Hang out at bonfires. Create memories. Forget about politics." But he just sits there and spouts really dumb opinions about poo poo. I can't imagine that guy has any friends, and that to me is pretty sad from a stand point of looking at this as another human being.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

FuzzySkinner posted:

There just seems to be a lot of Conservatives out there (like Cowger, like Cruz) that seem to really have limited interests and hobbies that normal people would indeed have. Like even some of the worst politicians out there (Nixon, W.) all had some sort of small moment where you could related to them in some sort of context. I realize the Nixon reference is controversial, but Hunter S. Thompson even admitted that he had a good honest chat with the guy over football for a couple of hours.

Even guys like Rush Limbaugh you can at least point to and go "Yeah he's an rear end, but he seems like he enjoys golf among a few other hobbies".

I just look at a guy like Cowger and go "Jesus kid, you're in High School. Quit wasting your time bitching about politics. Go play video games with your friends. Go play sports. Hang out at bonfires. Create memories. Forget about politics." But he just sits there and spouts really dumb opinions about poo poo. I can't imagine that guy has any friends, and that to me is pretty sad from a stand point of looking at this as another human being.

I was a total loving loser in high school and even I wouldn't have been caught dead with a guy like Cowger.

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny

I hope the Glen Beck desktop background is that exact picture because it's funny as gently caress

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I really think a lot of conservatives grew up lonely, sheltered, feeling rejected by the popular crowd. Then at some point they met other outcasts to commisserate with, mutually realizing that the problem wasn't their own self-imposed solitude but rather the "cool kids" who refused to accept how cool and right sheltered nerds are. In their minds cool kids morphed into liberals, because liberals have ownership of almost all of the cool things in the culture. It's like their ideology evolved not from principles/ideals that inspired them but rather who they saw as their persecutors, and then they rationalized their political views to conform to that prejudice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
idk, it's kind of round-a-bout but if you're one of those kids who hates everyone else in your class I suppose there are more confusing ways to express that than to become a friend of the 70 year olds who are approximately 4-5 years out from openly calling for their deaths.

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny

beatlegs posted:

I really think a lot of conservatives grew up lonely, sheltered, feeling rejected by the popular crowd. Then at some point they met other outcasts to commisserate with, mutually realizing that the problem wasn't their own self-imposed solitude but rather the "cool kids" who refused to accept how cool and right sheltered nerds are. In their minds cool kids morphed into liberals, because liberals have ownership of almost all of the cool things in the culture. It's like their ideology evolved not from principles/ideals that inspired them but rather who they saw as their persecutors, and then they rationalized their political views to conform to that prejudice.

Sometimes I think because they watched too many 80s movies where the cool kids are dicks they think that's what your supposed to act like to not be a nerd or something. (Which is why so many try hard to act like "edgy" dicks)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

quote:

Finally, a discussion about the New York City Board of Health's decision to limit juice in daycare, prompted O'Reilly to really lose it.

“It is nanny state-ish,” O’Reilly agreed. “But it’s necessary because we have so many irresponsible parents.”

Tantaros said "the road to hell is often paved with good intentions." She added that the emphasis on getting kids healthy is "causing mental problems" and that kids will develop eating disorders because of it.

"Oh, Andrea, come on!" O'Reilly said. "One or two kids are gonna have an eating disorder no matter what you do. It's the greater good that must be served."

"The greater good!" Tantaros said, before pointing at O'Reilly. "There's the People's Republic of Massachusetts oozing out on the couch."

"Ay ya yay," O'Reilly said.
Bill O'Reilly secretly a Tau sympathizer, story at 11.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I was a total loving loser in high school and even I wouldn't have been caught dead with a guy like Cowger.
As someone who's only been out of high school for a few years Cowger would have been the guy eating alone in the lunchroom every day of the year. Even high schoolers with all their posturing have a limited degree of patience for stupid bullshit like that.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

idk, it's kind of round-a-bout but if you're one of those kids who hates everyone else in your class I suppose there are more confusing ways to express that than to become a friend of the 70 year olds who are approximately 4-5 years out from openly calling for their deaths.
Please, don't group misanthropes like myself in with Cowger.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Is cowger a captain planet villain. Beck does a decent thing for people in a lovely situation and he gets poo poo on for it. Why. I thought these people were about values and morals.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Didn't that Andrea Tantaros or what's her face get fired from CNN for being such a piece or poo poo, a la Eric son of Eric?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Please, don't group misanthropes like myself in with Cowger.

Sorry, no can do, you have to get snapchat and gently caress thots now.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

pengun101 posted:

Is cowger a captain planet villain. Beck does a decent thing for people in a lovely situation and he gets poo poo on for it. Why. I thought these people were about values and morals.

It's that type of conservative. Chuck C. Johnson does the same poo poo.

I recall people with twitter addresses with names like @911PATRIOTMOM with #tcot in their user descriptions calling him out over leaking names of rape victicms and people with ebola. He'd always insist that they were "NOT TRUE CONSERVATIVES" among other nasty things.

That's what is truly weird about these people. They see helping the needy and being a good human being as being "LIBERAL".

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"Labiaface Spoogeneck is an endearing term!"

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sorry, no can do, you have to get snapchat and gently caress thots now.
I don't even know what a "thot" is! :ohdear:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I don't even know what a "thot" is! :ohdear:

smdh

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Spoonscankill posted:

Rush said some stupid bullshit today..Somebody please tell me they heard or at least read the transcript of today's show.

Paging Dr. kik2dagroin to the thread. Paging Dr. kik2dagroin.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

beatlegs posted:

You could say the say the same things about of a lot of liberals, in the interest of fairness, but at least most liberals I know seem to be a TAD more self aware and occasionally question what they're dong. Conservatives seem to me that they make up they;re mind first and then start viewing the world in ways that fit their predetermined mindset. Then they listen to right wing media to feel better about their choices and have them reinforced.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BiggerBoat posted:

You could say the say the same things about of a lot of liberals, in the interest of fairness, but at least most liberals I know seem to be a TAD more self aware and occasionally question what they're dong. Conservatives seem to me that they make up they;re mind first and then start viewing the world in ways that fit their predetermined mindset. Then they listen to right wing media to feel better about their choices and have them reinforced.
Liberals questioning their dongs. lol

There was actually a post made just today questioning the methodology of this paper in the authoritarian thread. But Authoritarianism and Polarization in American Politics was recommended.

Can't vouch for either, though.

site fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 26, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://wonkette.com/580660/butthurt-michigan-woman-sues-planet-fitness-for-being-nice-to-transgenders

Great news for whatever his name was. Now he has a friend in his fight for locker room privacy!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Just got done reading the thread up from my last post.

Good god, has right wing rhetoric taken a huge jump in awfulness even by their standards in the past week, or am I just overly sensitive to this stuff right now for whatever reason?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

Just got done reading the thread up from my last post.

Good god, has right wing rhetoric taken a huge jump in awfulness even by their standards in the past week, or am I just overly sensitive to this stuff right now for whatever reason?
There is always more and it is always worse.
RW media can manage to hit rock bottom, keep going until it pops out on the other side of the Earth like a looney tunes cartoon and then turn around and start digging again.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

That loving tie, man.

Also, saw this on my Facebook today.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cowger looks like a hitler youth

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

site posted:

Liberals questioning their dongs. lol

There was actually a post made just today questioning the methodology of this paper in the authoritarian thread. But Authoritarianism and Polarization in American Politics was recommended.

Can't vouch for either, though.
This is something I may have alluded to at some point, but the fact that I had to look these guys up seems like another stark difference between conservative and moderate or progressive authors. You just know that if this were a book or article by right-wing sympathizers, the cover would have DR. Marc J. Hetherington and DR. Jonathan D. Weiler, loudly and clearly emphasized. I may be off base here but it certainly seems to be a trend in the tea party circles to flaunt your title (regardless of its legitimacy, Dr. Sharon Schuetz) instead of your substance (DOCTOR!!! Ben Carson).

edit: speaking of DOCTOR Ben, what's this about him calling the sitting President a psychopath?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So it turns out that backpack full of stereotypical scary Muslim terrorist stuff along with some pipe bombs found in Georgia last November turned out to be, shockingly, a plant by a a true patriot to show the dangers of muslims. I find it interesting that he isn't being charged with any terrorism related charges, despite the fact that he literally attempted to use terror to force people to think like he does, but instead attempting to damage federal property and presenting false information because he wasn't really a Muslim trying to blow people up but a white conservative male pretending to be one who was going to blow people up. Clearly that makes it not as serious

I wonder if this is even going to be a blip on AM talk radio and Fox or if we're going to be hearing the screeching of false flags

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Star Man posted:

That loving tie, man.

Also, saw this on my Facebook today.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

It's not that weird. The Cherokee fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War for the quite understandable reasons that they (1) loving hated the US federal government, and (2) figured that splitting the USA would make it harder for them to steal the Oklahoma territory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Watie

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oops, turns out hate-based legislation might have real monetary impacts!

Eat poo poo, Pence. For the past decade Indiana has at least made an attempt to crawl away from the lovely conservative midwestern state stereotype, but Mike Pence will have none of it. He's made Mitch Daniels look downright progressive.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Hazo posted:

Oops, turns out hate-based legislation might have real monetary impacts!
Eat poo poo, Pence. For the past decade Indiana has at least made an attempt to crawl away from the lovely conservative midwestern state stereotype, but Mike Pence will have none of it. He's made Mitch Daniels look downright progressive.

I'm happy that it seems to be all the people from Indiana I follow from social media all seem to be disgusted by this.

Hell even Sports Talk show hosts are calling them out on this poo poo. I'm still at a lost as to who's funding and promoting it though. This doesn't seem to be the will of the people of Indiana, but rather the will of some outside source.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bet the money is coming from somebody from the NCAA.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Buckley Carlson

:banjo: Con-serv-a-tive cool gu-uuy... :banjo:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm happy that it seems to be all the people from Indiana I follow from social media all seem to be disgusted by this.

Hell even Sports Talk show hosts are calling them out on this poo poo. I'm still at a lost as to who's funding and promoting it though. This doesn't seem to be the will of the people of Indiana, but rather the will of some outside source.
I moved away in 2009 and the rest of my family is still there. At that point, a ton of national groups were talking about laying roots in Indianapolis (NCAA, NFL camps, DCI, BOA, Gamer conventions, the loving Super Bowl) because of the good location as well as the surge in tax revenue and infrastructure (Indianapolis is a generally well-maintained and gridded city). Most of those plans ended up panning out, which is great because downtown Indy owns a lot. Daniels was still in charge and again, dude was a hard right conservative but now Pence is being enough of a bigoted shithead to put him to shame and drive out all those valuable groups. I'm ashamed to share the same undergrad alma mater.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So it turns out that backpack full of stereotypical scary Muslim terrorist stuff along with some pipe bombs found in Georgia last November turned out to be, shockingly, a plant by a a true patriot to show the dangers of muslims. I find it interesting that he isn't being charged with any terrorism related charges, despite the fact that he literally attempted to use terror to force people to think like he does, but instead attempting to damage federal property and presenting false information because he wasn't really a Muslim trying to blow people up but a white conservative male pretending to be one who was going to blow people up. Clearly that makes it not as serious

I wonder if this is even going to be a blip on AM talk radio and Fox or if we're going to be hearing the screeching of false flags

I'm sure he just had a parking dispute and went a little overboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

quote:

Patreon
A monthly donation website; the internet equivalent of a begging bowl in the subway.

Triggered
How college students avoid homework
Stopped clock, twice a day, etc